Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff......July 2011

Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)

Friday 1
B= 2 c milk, 1/2 c egg beaters, salsa, cheese
L= tuna on a salad
S= protein shake
D= homemade ratatouille
S= biscuit Peach cobbler, vanilla ice cream
E= 60min of various cardio see below

I was getting a little tired of Leslie so I decided to see what was on On Demand. I'm not very co ordinated so I can't do complex or dancy stuff. I picked Cardio Challenge which sounded promising but after a nice warm up Jen G picked up weights and started doing the equivilent of one legged squart. My heartrate plummeted; this is not my idea of cardio.

Next I tried a Leslie called Cardio Slimdown. No brainer; just what I like.

Then came "Less is More" cardio. The idea is we don't have to kill ourselves, just keep moving, and I've tried the instructor Cindy W before and she's nice {I have one of her other DVD's}. So we begin, good warm up, then we stretch {never understood that, get the heartrate up then stop to stretch...}, but then she went into planks and burpees. This is not my idea of cardio either, also if I get my heartrate up then drop to the floor, when I get up again, I will black out. Not fun. But I stuck with it, modifying as I went, but I might as well have done another Leslie.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 07-02-2011 at 11:43 AM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Not much on the agenda for today. I will do a body pump class this morning and laundry this afternoon. Its really too smoky to do much outside. We have two major fires - record breaking 100K+ to the north and another 70K acres to the south. No matter which way the wind blows, its smoky. NM is the birthplace of Smoky the Bear. There has been some rain (not enough) in parts of the state but here, we've gotten dry lightning and viga rain (evaporates before it hits the ground).

Those pesky wabbits have taken the third leaves off my pumpkin seedlings. Come here, you pesky wabbits...baaaang!!! Haha, not really. I'll just get the chicken wire out again.

B: protein shake
L: flatbread cheese pizza with onion, bell pepper, mushrooms
D: salmon, rice, carrots, peach/walnut/yogurt parfait
E: body pump

penguin - boy, you've tried a bunch of tapes. Have you tried any step aerobics stuff? That's always a great workout and doesn't require dance moves.

Moved my July 1 post.

penguin - great job on the workouts - geez, that's almost two a day!!!! I like to see the overnight weight loss just because if you see that number once, you're likely to see it again!!! Soon!

lottie - I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. Don't you just hate when crappy stuff happens. I've had a stolen wallet returned C.O.D. by mail (sans cash). Maybe you will too although by then, like me, you will have gotten everything replaced. That was nice of the gym to waive the replacement fee.

Beverlyjoy, Butterflymama, jab - Wazzup????

Today
B: coffee, protein shake
L: WW tortilla with beans, cheese, lettuce, bell pepper, mango
D: Big bowl salad with egg, cheese, bell pepper, carrots, SF bacon vinaigrette, raspberries, greek yogurt, walnuts
E: a.m.water aerboics, p.m. zumba - trying it again

I spent most of the afternoon on line with my insurance company's health, wellness and prevention assessment questionaires and results and suggestions with logs and trackers, etc. Interesting but nothing I didn't already know. There was no area to report the 75+# loss so far so they treated me like a new dieter. I did find it odd that they suggested 5-7 servings of grains which I thought was way over what I think of as healthy. And they were still using the food pyramid illustration which shows the healthy grains at the wide bottom base. And they suggested 1899 calories a day but didn't identify whether this was mainentance or to lose. I tend to think of this as maintenance allowance. One other area that they overlooked is vitamins and supplements. (And no comment area to discuss these inconsistencies.)

Last edited by DixC Chix; 07-02-2011 at 11:56 AM.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #3  

Chix, I belong to an exercise DVD forum; when I joined I had about 5 DVD's and I was mainly looking for reviews, LOL. Now 5 years later I have close to 300-400 DVD based mostly on clips, glowing recomendations, trades, reviews, and a mix of interests. {Be careful what you wish for.} I do have a few Step workouts, but I find that if they are simple enough for me to follow I get bored {I really am a klutz}. I have a Step but I tend to fall off if I try to use it during a workout, so I do the workouts 'stepless'. I hope the fires and the rabbits stay away from you.

Nothing exciting planned for today. Hubby has a recurring back problem that is acting up again, mostly pulled/cramped muscles.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

HI everyone! Just popping in quick! I'll catch up w/ you tomorrow...I FINALLY found something cute to wear to my niece's grad party next weekend. PHEW!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #5  

Its Hot! plus our car's AC is acting up, not cooling well. Good news is Hubby can fix it, bad news is it needs to be fixed.

I'm so tired but the neighbors are shooting off fireworks; I did manage a little nap on the couch but keep getting woken up.

Sat 2
B= 2 c milk, vits, 1/2 c egg sub, salsa, cheese
L= Beef/veggie stew, broc salad, cheese toast
S= peach
D= homemade veggie pizza
S= peach cobbler, ice cream
S= cereal {this was a mistake as late-night snacks often are!!!}
E = rest day

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 07-03-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:48 AM   #6  
mj5

Good Morning!

patchworkpenguin--WOW, that's a lot of dvd's! Good for you! I have some, but never really get motivated to use them. I am much more likely to work out if I actually go to my gym.

DixC Chix--silly rabbits!!! Oh no, hope the fires get under control soon. What's up for today?

This morning is SUPER workouts for me....Gym AND Zumba. I don't normally do both in the same day (although I have done both)....but the gym is closed tomorrow and I don't want to interrupt my workouts any more than I have to.

I FINALLY found a cute outfit to wear tomy niece's party on Saturday. A cute pair of black bermuda shorts and a light pink DKNY shirt. I'll take pics. I am getting my hair cut and colored on Friday...CAN"T wait!!! I wanted something cute, but casual because we will be playing volleyball, there is a bouncehouse and all kinds of fun stuff...I am the "crazy, cool aunt" that does all that stuff w/ the kids, LOL!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #7  

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Today:
B:coffee, 4 strawberries, 4 oz yogurt
B: brunch out after church
S: ?
D: chicken, carrots, broccoli, raspberries, kiwi, yogurt, walnuts
E: rest or play in the pool at sis

Had a different instructor (male) for Fri Zumba and he was not as much fun but I learned the steps better so I felt more confident.
Same with Sat BodyPump - she didn't sing along with the music but she did reminders about proper form which is what I need.
The gym's AC has been a bit wonky so it was a sweat-fest in both classes.

As it turned out, sis wanted to do some shopping yesterday so we got together and ran around a bit. She found two pair of shorts, a cotton knit sun dress and a one piece stretchy cotton short/top. These will be easy-on easy-off for her while she recovers from rotator cuff surgery on the 14th. Me?...I got zip.

mj - sounds like you too had good luck at the stores yesterday!! That sounds like a crisp and cool outfit for a summer picnic. Good luck with the double dose of exercise today.

penguin - Oooo, its so miserable without AC (I assume its hot n' humid in TN) - but good thing it can be fixed by DH! Hope that happens quick. Ahhh, fireworks... neighbors where blowing them off last night too. We have a noise ordinance so it has to stop at 10 pm. (I don't understand the attraction.) One good thing about my dog going deaf is she doesn't hear them and get all panicky.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #8  

Mj, Glad you found and outfit! Because of vision problems I can't drive so going to the gym isn't an option. I really prefer working out on my schedule and not having to deal with classes, traffic, or fees. My parents go to a gym but don't take classes, they prefer to workout together. Awww.

Chix, Memphis has huge fireworks displays around town so I'm not sure why they feel the need to set off more! Maybe its a guy thing??

Hubby's back is worse today, so he's napping with an icepack. He played with the AC last night and assures me its working fine. Hmmm. Didn't feel 'fine' yesterday when we were out. High today is 100*, humidity is giving us a 5* heat index so it will feel like 105* or so. Its been worse, but its supposed to rain this week! Yay, the plants will be happy but highs will still be in the 95* area. yuck.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #9  
mj5

Well, I survived my double workouts! Barely..LOL!!!! With this new, increased intensity strength training workout (something I did NOT consider...), probably not my best decision to do both today. NOT something I plan on doing again. Oh well...it's done. Thanks goodness for a restful afternoon and all day tomorrow!

patchworkpenguin--Ugh...no a/c???? Or not working great a/c...ick. That's much too hot for me!!! I am waiting for hubby to put the a/c in our bedroom window so I can finish sorting through clothes up there. It's icky hot...I would do it myself, but I don't want to break the window casing (it's a cheap casing...with my luck, I would do more damage...) Oh well....I can use some rest anyway. Awww, too cute about your parents working out together!

DixC Chix--My gym's a/c hasn't been great either, so yeaaa...super sweaty there too. So much so, that I brought clean workout clothes to change into before Zumba. My instructor is going to the Zumba convention in Florida next week. She is SO excited. PitBull will be there. She keeps telling us she is going to learn lots of new stuff so she can come back teach us some super new stuff.

Have a great day!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #10  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Bought a new bra. I was a 40F a bit ago, and am now a 38G. My cup size just will not shrink at the rate of my band. SO ANNOYING.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #11  

Sun 3
B= 2 c milk, vits, 1/2 c egg sub, salsa, Moz cheese
S=protein shake
L= 'deconstructed' meatball sandwich {yes, I've been watching Food Network again, basically, this was meatball pizzas made on 2 slices of bread}
S= peach biscuit skillet, ice cream {thankfully that's gone}
S= straw greek yogurt, walnuts on top
E= 44min circuit premix~ alternating intervals of cardio, boxing, sculpting {KCM's Circuit Burn}

Checked the weather its 86* but the humidity/heat index makes it feel like 93*.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 07-03-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #12  
mj5

Good Morning! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

lottie--hang in in there!! Yea for a smaller band size!

patchworkpenguin--I LOVE the food network! Ugh...that's still too hot, lol!

I lost 1lb last week. I was really thinking it would have been more. I worked hard. BUT...I also know I am coming off a big loss from the week before. I am working hard and feel fantastic, which is what matters even more!!!

I am really looking forward to a lazy day today. Housework is done (or at least as done as it is going to get, lol!). Laundry is done AND put away. I went through my clothes last night...well, most of them anyway...and have three more boxes of stuff to donate.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/x/140

good morning!
mj - everytime I log in your ticker numbers are unbelievable!!! Way to go girl!!
DixC - stay safe with those fires. I can't imagine what it's like to have that going on around you. NM is a beautiful state.
penguin - stay cool, hope hubby was right and the AC is fixed....and so is his back
lottie - yeah for the new size!! I love a new bra -- it just makes me feel good.
I can't believe it's July already - where does the time fly?
I had a horrible binging week last week. Not even going to talk about it beyond that. What the heck was I thinking???? Spent time on the computer this morning planning my week menu and writing my exercise on the calendar. Maybe that will work? I'm going to try to check in here more regularly - this is the accountability forum right? Today's agenda is 1- clean carpet in family room, 2- do planned workout, 3-grocery shop for the week, 4-take a nap/watch a movie, 5-go to fireworks.
today's meals
B- power10 bagel w/cashew butter, strawberries, coffee
l- cleanout the veggie drawer stir fry - with a berry mix on the side
s-hummus and veggies
D- Philly cheesesteak for the kids, I'll eat the grilled peppers/onions/shrooms over salad, zucchini patties, plums
melinda34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/x/140

so tell me again - how many posts do I have to have so I can get a ticker? I really want a ticker!
melinda34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #15  

Hey melinda - happy to see you come back and be accountable. Its hard for me to stay on track when I get distracted by life. I have to write myself a bunch of notes and come to 3FC daily to keep it foremost in my thoughts. You need 20 posts to get a ticker. Your dinner sounds delish.

mj - Ooo, I thought that would be a tough exercise session. You deserve and need a nice chillaxing day. Hope you enjoy clean out the closet as much as I do. I have half a dozen shirts pinned and ready to be taken in cuz I don't want to spend a lot of money on more 'half way' shirts.

penguin - Yuck! humidity And no matter where, TN or NM, 100* is HOT HOT HOT! Maybe the rain will cool things down soon. Hope DH has some relief from the back pain. Pain + heat = miserable.

lottie - as annoying as it may be to find the right size bras, it is so much better to have a shrinking band than an expanding band!

Today:
B: protein shake
L: probably cheese and crackers, fruit
D: BIL and sis' party - Smoked ribs, ??, fruit
E: water aerobics and play in pool at sis

I am bring a wonderful array of fresh fruit - blue, black, straw & raspberries, grapes, pineapple, watermelon, mango, kiwi. I think BIL is making baked beans, MJ is smoking the ribs, and I don't know what the other guests are bringing.

I ordered 3 more yoga pants so I can have a clean pair for bodypump x2 and zumba x2 and a stylish swimsuit for pool time at sis.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Independence Day.