Old 04-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

No change this morning, better than a gain after yesterday!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #107  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

@Aimee
I think that's a good idea to read to many different types of diet books. More education is always a good thing and you can pick and choose which tools will work for you. Sorry to hear about being over your calories yesterday but it sound like you made the best choice you could so good job!

I actually have a friend that's very sensitive to the barometric pressure. She talks about it all the time, how she can tell when it's rising or falling. Still cracks me 'cause I don't hear anyone but weather people talking about barometric pressure...but it definitely affects her.

Here's hoping interviewing goes well so you can have a much needed vacation!

@Diana
Woo hoo. Chuggin' right past 150, aren't you?

@Girly
No worries. Do what you gotta go. We'll still be here!

@Kiyoshima
woo hoo!!!

@Kukkie
Back to ONEderland! YAY!! The big whoosh will come...

@Bullet
That's the way I eat salad too!

@OnaMi
Sorry to hear that the fudgesicles one the battle last night. You're winning the war though so don't forget that! Fudgesicles are the bane of my existance so I totally feel your pain!

@FitGirlyGirl
Boo to Lee brand! LOL - those pants will be sliding right up your legs in no time!

“Do you choose to simply know the path, or do you choose to walk it?“

1st Mini: 5%, 277.8 (-14.6): Met 4/15/11
2nd Mini: 10%, 263.8 (-28.5)
3rd Mini: 20%, 233.9 (-58.5)
4th Mini: ONEderland, 199.9 (-92.5)
5th Mini: 100 lbs, 192.4 (-100)
Final: Goal, 175 (-117.4)

One for every 5 lbs lost. So long suckers!!!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #108  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi, everyone! So continues my insane packing/finals/moving/good-bye-ing frenzy. I've never been this busy in my life! (Word to the wise: do not try to graduate from college and pack up your entire life into USPS-regulation boxes and a car the size of an egg carton all in 10 days.)

I'm pretty annoyed to weigh in today and find the scale bouncing between 251.4 and 253.6. Unintentionally, I've been getting too few calories in this last week, usually coming in at about 600. Besides the stress, I'm also on a new medication (not for weight loss) that kills my appetite, but I've still been tracking, and I'm at a huge deficit for the week. Argh. I'm just going to go with the theory that it's because I haven't been drinking my water (or any fluids, really) and haven't been sleeping anywhere near enough (averaging about four hours the last four days).

Still no time for personals (I should be studying for my final at 4 right now...), but I'm thinking of all you chicks (and dude) all the time! Stay strong, and I'll see you in a few days when everything calms down.

1. 256
2. 257
3. 257
4. 256.4
5. 258.2
6. 256.4
7. 255.2
8. 254 still TOM
9. 253.6
10. 255
11. 253.4 (-2.6 net)
11. 252.2
12-18. No weigh-ins.
19. 251.4-253.6
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #109  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Rhonda I hope your dentist appointment goes well.

Kiyoshima Great job on the 1.5 pounds!

Kukkie Congrats on the .9! Make sure you get on that elliptical!

Bulletproof Thank you! Great job on the .6!

Ona I got a chuckle out of the fudgesicle situation. I used to have terrible cravings for peanut butter. I would literally eat a whole jar at one sitting. It would be me, a spoon, and the jar of peanut butter. I have been known to get a craving and literally stop at a grocery store. I would buy a jar of peanut butter and some plastic spoons. Crazy stuff. Since I cannot control myself I just don't have the stuff in the house. You know what, I have mentioned my craziness before. I forgot, I do have peanut butter in the house right now. I have the little single serve containers for DH. They do not bother me. But a jar of peanut butter will make me insane. Same thing with potato chips. I could have 100 single serve packages and they not bother me, but a big bag will literally call my name and make me nuts. I don't know why I'm like that.

Fitgirlygirl Congrats on your .6.

Aimee IF my weight gets to 145, I will try to maintain there. I will have my range to be 145-150.

Something funny. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before. I have bought some Summer clothes and jeans recently. I bought them when I was not on my TTOM. I feel so icky/fat/bloated during that time that I would not even consider shopping at that time. Here's the problem, all of my clothes are now snug during TTOM. NOT GOOD! That's another reason (besides what the Dr said) that I felt inclinded to lose a few more pounds. I hate tight clothes. Hopefully, I will be more comfortable during TTOM since I have lost a few more pounds.

JamiSue Hi

Paradise It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. Just try to take care of yourself the best you can. Maintaining might be better right now than trying to lose. Once you graduate and move you can start concentrating on yourself again.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #110  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

wii dude says i'm down the .4 i was up yesterday, back to 281.1. my phone app says TOM should make an appearance today. (i <3 the mydays app on my android phone, such a good period/ovulation tracker). the cramps and the headache are in agreement. i feel like i've been hit by a truck. this headache has been hangin on since around 6pm yesterday. been staying OP with food and water, but i haven't been getting as much exercise as i've wanted with the wonky work schedule and preppin for the fiance to be home from school for a few days (we get our marriage license on thursday, yay!).

i'll definitely be back into the swing of things after easter. i hope.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #111  
Trying to live below 200

k0nfyo0zed It sounds like between you and the android it's all under control. Just keep working your plan. It will work out and come together for you!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #112  
Highest Known Weight: 305

S/C/G: 290.5/Tic/199

Been eating awful since the tornadoes the other day. We lost power, had friends lose everything, and found out some horrible things about a family member. Thankfully our street was spared during the storms, and all of my immediate family is safe.

I am up 3.2 lbs from my lowest weight of 245. I am hoping I can get back on track and stay focused until the end of the month. I really wanted to meet my 8lb. goal this month. It seems like there is always going to be something to screw me up once I get going well. I just have to find the will to stop letting things I can't control enable me to make excuses for eating poorly.

I hope everyone is doing well and losing lots this week.
kallismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #113  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

GirlyGirl: Congrats on your .6!

Kiyo: Congrats on that whoosh!!!

Kukkie: YAY for whooshes!!!

Ona: No worries about that pound. You're right there! Hope things get "moving" for you!

Rox: Great advice to Love2b about the planning. I am a planner too. I still do a bunch of cooking on Sunday so that I can have chicken for my salads all week and have some go to foods in my fridge if I don't feel like cooking.

Aimee: Hope your head feels better soon!

Angie: Hope little man feels better! I am so surprised that Maxwell is actually healthy for a school vacation this week! LOL

Paradise: Be sure to take care of yourself during this super busy time! Your body will thank you for it!

Diana: It's funny that you posted that about the PB and the chips. I am the same way! if I don't force the control around PB, I'm like you with a spoon. I have it in my house because Maxwell enjoys a PB&J for breakfast every morning. When I am on a kick that I won't have any, it's no problem. But there are always a couple of days where it's a real struggle. Full bags of chips are the same thing for me. I cannot do moderation with those. I will snarf down the entire bag in 1 sitting no questions asked. Thank GOD for 100 cal snack packs!! That way my Maxwell can have all kinds of treats. Those bags don't even bother me. So wierd how that works!!!

mandy: Not the we want him to, but I hope TOM shows up for you and gives you some peace from that headache. Those are the worst!

I'm not stressed about it. I am off to the gym today to beat an elliptical into submission for 45 mins.

NSV for me this morning. I am wearing workout pants that are a men's size L!! All of my other pants had been XL, so it's nice to see that I fit into these. I bought them a while ago and was afraid to try them on for the LONGEST time. I'm glad I tried them on today!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #114  
Trying to live below 200

Vixsin Maybe those issues aren't so unusual after all. Crazy stuff, though.

kallismom Sorry about you going through so much stress with the tornadoes. Take care of yourself. Just try to get back on track as soon as you can.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #115  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Aimee - I'm glad your head is not so bad today.

Ona - I always have some good carbs before I start my evening workout, not much, just a little. That's how I manage to get through it. Plus, I only ever do really fun things in the evening.

Paradise - Life is pretty hectic and stressful for you right now, that will mess with the scale. Just do your best and know that once everything is done and you are settled again the scale will start being nicer to you.

kallismom - I am sorry that the storms were so bad to you.

Vixsin - I may have to go back to some stricter planning myself and get this scale moving faster. Congrats on the pants!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #116  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

JamieSue

Mandy,great job on the .4! your tracker is on point girl you're doing great!!

Diana, don't even mention potato chips those i KNOW i can't buy..small bag,big bag.. nota

Vixsin,enjoy your workout,great NSV,thanks

Roxy hum..never thought about eating something to give me a boost,Thanks That's great you have fun exercising... I like jogging/walking and curves but none of it is fun to me To me it's like i have a job I have to do cause i want to get this weight off and will have to do it(not as much) to keep it off

Kalli,Peace be w/you and your family you'll get back on track soon.. stuff/life happens,stay strong.

Paradise,you're handling everything like a champ you're still conscience about your weight and what you eat,excellent job

Last edited by OnaMi; 04-19-2011 at 03:13 PM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #117  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Down .8 today and planning to be down more tomorrow DS is recouping here next to me, home from school today...he's pretty under the weather, but his spirits are good. I know he's REALLY sick - he took a nap without me asking today!

Jamisue - I love asparagus too, I'm going to grill some tonight! I eat a lot of protein, I just try to make sure it's a part of every meal and sometimes snacks too.

Aimee -- I think Subway was a good choice when you were faced with mall food. In that situation I sometimes find a greek place and have chicken souvlaki with salad or something along those lines. How is your head? Oh, just read the headache is still with you, sorry I hope you find relief soon.

Diana -- You are rockin this! Congrats on your .6

Rhonda -- Good job on the .6!

KIyoshima -- Congratulations on your 1.5 whoosh!

Kukkie -- Awesome loss! Good job

Bulletproof -- Nice whoosh for you too - congrats!

Ona -- lol @ the s/f fudgesicles -- I have those too, man they are good. I am struggling with the red licorice we have right now...120 cals for 3 strings..sheesh. I bought them for DS, but now he doesn't want them. I've eaten 4 today already!! Best hit the treadmill I guess. Sorry about your gain, it won't last long you know what to do.

Roxy -- Congrats on your .6! I hate that about how much sizes can vary. I ordered a size L shirt from Old Navy online, based on the fact that I'm wearing a L in their other shirts/cardigans, and i can't even get the darn thing to fit on both shoulders...ticks me off.

Paradise -- Good luck with the rest of the craziness. If you can't track calories that's okay, there will always be times in life where you need to take a break (voluntary or not). In the meantime, just use your intuition and experience to make the best possible choices. When things settle down you can get back to tracking diligently. Where are you moving to?

Diana -- Big bags of chips sing siren songs to me too That's funny about your clothes, but great motivation to go just a bit farther. Are you going to post any before/after pics for us to ogle?

Mandy -- Congrats on your .4 today! I'm p'd off at my wii fit...when I first weighed in there was a little normal person and then it puffed up when my weight registered! I'm not getting back on there until I'm sure my little avatar is going to deflate.

Kris, Coondocks, Leah, and others...you out there? Check in and let us know how you are doing please.

Kallismom -- Good to hear that you and your family are all safe and sound.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #118  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

haha angie, it tells me everyday when it does my BMI, it makes that obnoxious noise then goes "that's obese!" ... i'll show that little scale dude...

off to the doctor though to figure out what's makin my head feel like it's gonna explode. it shows symptoms of a migraine (except it's not localized to one side of my head) and symptoms of a sinus infection (except i don't have a fever), but it's much worse than my typical PMS headache (maybe because of the birth control?) or maybe it's a combination.

imma let the doctor sort it out.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #119  
Trying to live below 200

Angie Congrats on your .8! I probably won't post before/after pictures. I haven't been taking very good pictures. I don't know why. I think all of a sudden I have become unphotogenic. If I take some good pictures some time soon, I will post. There's no sense in them hurting my feelings. (I bought a camera for Christmas and have taken some here and there and they really look bad. My Mom and DH also agree that they don't look like me. I don't know what the problem is.)

Speaking of before and after pictures, I posted this in my other check in this weekend. I will share here:

I just had an OMG! moment. We have seen the goal pictures and the pictures where a person has lost a lot of weight. Their whole body is standing inside one pants leg that they used to wear. OMG! I just did that!

Last week I was thinking about putting some clothes away to make some room. Today I bought a couple plastic bins to store some jeans. I was just folding them and putting them in the bins. I just cannot believe that I was that big. Then I decided to see if I could stand in one pants leg and hold the waist out like I've seen others do in pictures. I did it!

I looked at the jeans. I know they are mine and I was that size, but it's just so hard to believe. It is so scary and even scarier that it could happen again.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #120  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Angie my my that would be great I hope your son feels better soon Good job on the .8 down

Hi JamiSue

Aimee not weird at all. I usually take a little from everything to come up with what will work or should I say what I will like They ideas I get from you all help a lot. I've been implementing them since the beginning Don't be disappointed things happen and you will work it out I hope you feel better soon

Diana good job on the .6 gone Like someone said, you've matured and know what to do and not do. I don't think you'll have gain the weight back this time, YOU'RE AWESOME

Rhonda LOL I'm with you on the pap vs the dentist ... good job on the .6 gone

Kiyoshima way to go 1.5lbs gone

Kukkie good job on the .9 gone glad you're feeling better.

Bullet way to go 1.4lbs gone

Ona sorry about the lack of a BM, I know the feeling all to well. The way you are with fudgsicles is the way I am with nuts, so I've decided not to buy the and to finish what I have. The funny thing is that I have never liked nuts before. go figure!! You'll get pass that 191 before you know it

FitGirly good job on the .6 Now that's what I call organized ... wish I could do that type of preparation. We would need another refrigerator and we already have two.

Paradise hang in there

Mandy good job on the .4 down I've always wanted to try one of those period trackers, good to know they work. Hope the headache goes away soon Congrats on your upcoming marriage, so exciting

Kalli this is how I feel most times ---> It seems like there is always going to be something to screw me up once I get going well. I just have to find the will to stop letting things I can't control enable me to make excuses for eating poorly. Sorry about the bad weather, glad everyone safe.

Vixsin congrats on the NSV ... and way to go on the elliptical I can't stay on ours for 10 minutes I barely got pass 5 minutes.

I'm down 1.8lbs from yesterday at 178.6. My calories for today were 1204 then I decided to have two meatballs, with a slice of swiss on a small piece of bread (I mainly ate the meatballs the cheese was too much and the bread scares me because I know it's delicious ) I'll add the meatballs and a half a slice of cheese and see what my total is.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote