Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

First name: Shiv

Geographical location: Glasgow, UK

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: No thankyou

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Gaming, photography, design, drawing, reading, film & tv.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/blondeish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5th June 2013

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Throwing myself onto a plateau by sabotaging my efforts!

Following any specific plan: Intuitive Eating

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time it's working

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm totally cheating here. I've been a member since Dec 2012 and got down to 190 from 212 then stopped for months. I love IE and it works, but feeling like I'm getting into nearly losing 30+lbs is more than my mind can accept. I can lose 20ish. I've always been able to lose 20ish. I feel like 190 IS my starting weight, I want to forget about the 22lbs I've already lost, and think I just want to lose 20 from where I am.

Completely doing Jedi mind tricks on myself here, but I HAVE to feel like I'm back at the beginning again, by... Putting myself back at the beginning. New ticker, new introduction, new everything. And now, back to basics, I'm going to go for a walk and not eat donuts
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 270/268/130

Height: 5ft 3

First name: Beth Ann

Geographical location: Kumasi, Ghana, West Africa )

Marital Status: very happily married

Children/Ages: One Daughter, Ara 5 months old

Occupation: I was a teacher in a mission school for the last 3.5 years until just before my daughter was born.

Pets: A cat named Vader that lives in the U.S. with my mom

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, music, photography, Audio/Video production, reading, watching movies, traveling.

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown Green Hazel/ Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: pretty much my whole life, but currently June 1st, 2013

Starting Weight: 252

Present Weight: 251

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: balancing being a new mom and still caring for my own needs. Also living in a 3rd world country makes eating healthy and exercising difficult sometimes.

Following any specific plan: for now just eating less and exercising at least 6 days a week. Trying to watch the carb intake, but by no means eating low carb.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm a wife and a mother. Thankfully that means that I have built in support through my wonderfully supportive (and fit) husband.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been overweight since I was 8 years old. Practically speaking, I don't know what it feels like to be a healthy weight. My husband and I want more children, but I honestly don't want to get pregnant again until I'm at a healthy(ier) weight. I don't want my kids to remember their mom being so overweight and out of shape.
BASarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #318  
Leaving PCOS In My Dust!

S/C/G: 272/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

First name: Rosa

Geographical location: East Coast Canada

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 Dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, Camping, Reading, Baking

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7th June 2013

Starting Weight: 272

Present Weight: 272

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to eating properly and not cheating. Also working out regularly. The main things that are needed to lose weight basically

Following any specific plan: Paleo lifestyle approaching Vegetarianism

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I hit a point of being too annoyed with how I look in the mirror so time to change that.
Rosalitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 287/275/160

First name: Nadine

Geographical location: New York....and no not the city

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: none to young and to poor

Pets: a beautiful cat named Prudence (We call her Prue)

Hobbies/Interests: Ha I love video games, crafts, spending time with family and friends, I like to go drinking when I have the cash, love going to concerts (metal) Annnnddd love to annoy my fiance

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown eyes/ Dark brown hair with blond strips on either side of the face

Starting Date of Weight-loss Journey: June 4th

Starting Weight: 277lbs

Present Weight: 274lbs

Goal Weight: Mini goal 1= 267 Overall goal= 160lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Limited money for diet food, and limited area to workout (home, cant even run outside as I dont really live in a safe area at all)

Following any specific plan: Just EXERCISE!!! And eat less

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Nothing is...Thats what I am worried about.

Anything else you would like to share with us: HIIIIIIIIIIiiiii everyone! Love the support and also the guilt if I dont do what I am supposed to do seeing as how I update my exercises on here

pixie3208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 273/196/163

Height: 5'8

First name: Madeline

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: Single

Pets: 1 Dog (Pip) and 1 Cat (Maria).

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, Reading, Watching Television, Cooking

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 2012

Starting Weight: 273

Present Weight: 220

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding enough time to exercise, and juggling school along with this weightloss journey.

Following any specific plan: Choosing healthier alternatives, and finding and cooking new healthy recipes.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I have realised that I need to lose weight for myself. I have realised my mistakes and what I've done wrong in the past, and now I know I can move forward.
madelinerose94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 232/226/150ish

Height: 5ft 3in.

First name: Sharon

Geographical location: Ontario, Canada

Marital Status: Married almost 8 years <3

Children/Ages: Boy, 11 and boy/girl twins, 9

Occupation: personal support worker in a long term care facility

Pets: 1 very spoiled shih tzu and 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: reading, gaming, spending time with my kids

Height: 5ft 3in.

Eye/Hair Color: eyes: brown: hair, and the moment, black and hot pink... it always changes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: right now... june 18, 2013

Starting Weight: 242 lbs

Present Weight: 242 lbs

Goal Weight: I really dunno. long term I guess 150ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stop my "bored" eatting and try to fight those cravings

Following any specific plan: I'm going to be doing my homework before I really decide

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am more depressed and am running out of energy for work. I also see how some of the residents are at work, and don't want to end up lile them. 50 years old, diabetic, so obese that they can't get out of bed...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm always open to suggestions and a lifestyle change buddy! I'm not looking to diet this time. I'm looking to change my habits and lifestyle.
Shyleia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 330/300/200

Height: 5'11

Default Waves hello and sits in a corner

First name: Miranda

Geographical location: Florida

Pets: Smooth Collie mixes, Rosie and Olivia and a Shih Tzu named Mugsy

Hobbies/Interests: writing, reading, cooking, traveling, watching classic and foreign movies, 80s cartoons, volunteering, camping, fishing, swimming

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2010

Starting Weight: 330

Present Weight: 300

Goal Weight: 200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: health issues

Following any specific plan: Everything in moderation, increased fruit and veg intake

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My efforts aren't working this time and I'm afraid to exercise
Fluffyfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #323  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 251/248/150

Hello! =D

First name: You can call me Becca

Geographical location: Canada, SK

Marital Status: Long-Term Relationship

Children/Ages: Not my children, but I live with my boyfriend and his children (Audrey, 8 & Felix, 4).

Pets: A snake named Nobu, two rats (Victoria & Claire), three cats (Mr. Whiskers, Cracker, and Bandit)

Hobbies/Interests: Although I do like video games, a few other hobbies of mine include reading and writing. I'm an aspiring author, I have a book already written, and I'm in the process of looking for an agent .

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, dark blond hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 06/22/2013

Starting Weight: 251

Present Weight: 251

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Temptation, and willpower. I rebounded from my recent 50lb loss by getting comfortable and not watching what I ate. I couldn't resist eating, and soon I became addicted to the food. It's all about saying no.

Following any specific plan: I'm going to follow the Caveman diet, but also, I count calories. I'm restricting how much food, but also, what kinds of food I eat.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm cutting out processed food, sugar, and carbs. My hope is that I'll break my addiction to those bad foods and choose healthier options.

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is my third time. I lost 40lb once 10 years ago, down to 160lb. The second time I lost 50lb and was at 199 last year. This time I'm going to hit my goal. I'll never give up.
Loch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 252/252/150

Height: 5'5"

Smile

First name: L

Geographical location: Los Angeles, CA

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: none (yet? but maybe in the near future? not sure.)

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: I love spending time with my husband and our dogs, my friends and family. I watch a lot of reality TV, and cook up a storm.

Eye/Hair Color: brown and dark brown

Starting Date of Weight-loss Journey: today, June 27

Starting Weight: 252lbs

Present Weight: 252lbs

Goal Weight: I've got this broken up by significant days/holidays. Once I get down to 200 lbs., I'll make a new plan to my ultimate goal of 249:
4th of July 2013: 250
Sept. 2, Labor Day 2013: 235
Halloween 2013: 220
Christmas 2013: 210
Valentine's Day 2014: 200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I'm pretty sure I'm an emotional eater, and I know for fact I eat out of boredom. My husband and I work opposite schedules so I'm alone a lot...and this is why a carton of ice cream has a very short shelf life in my house. I love food, and rely on it heavily...logically I know I should not be doing this, but logic goes out the window when I'm faced with an empty house and a full fridge. I also have an entitlement issue...like if I have a bad day, I deserve to eat whatever I want. Like I owe it to myself to indulge. Sounds silly, but it's true.

Following any specific plan: Ideally I would only eat when I'm hungry. But I can't remember the last time I allowed hunger to set in.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have more accountability now than previous times...I want to fix why I overeat, not solely deprive myself for a few weeks just to gain everything and more back in the long run.

Anything else you would like to share with us: So glad to have found this site. I registered years ago, but never truly utilized it...thank goodness I bookmarked it!
pumpkinheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 298.4 / 265.0 / 150

First name: E

Geographical location: Southern US

Children/Ages: 2 daughters, one year old and three years old

Pets: 1 dog. We also foster dogs for an adoption agency.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, biking, politics, weight loss

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 17th, 2012

Starting Weight: 298.4

Present Weight: 265.0

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Ending binge eating / eating based on being upset or anxious.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers. Just started Simply Filling which is how I found these boards.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to be active with my kids and have tons of energy and be around and healthy for them when they're older. I also want to feel in control of my life in a way I can't when my eating is driven by negative emotions.
tarragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #326  

First name: J

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: Long term relationship. No ring [yet]

Children/Ages: Nil

Pets: 2 horses. 1 dog.

Hobbies/Interests: Horses, weightloss, studying, equine nutrition, dissecting (am an anatomy addict!), cars.

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Dark reddybrown (artificial)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2013

Starting Weight: 120 kg (at my heaviest)

Present Weight: 110kg

Goal Weight: 77kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Dealing with PCOS (with what I can and cannot eat). And exercising!

Following any specific plan: Eating for pcos.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have to do this to increase my chances of actually having kids in the future, reducing the risks of diabetes (At risk), reduce pcos symptoms, for my general health, and for my business.

Squishee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #327  

S/C/G: 194/168.4/127 (lbs)

Height: 5'7"

First name: Cherry

Geographical location: Singapore

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: Nil

Pets: cutey kittie

Hobbies/Interests: sleep and eat... I KNOW!

Height: 170 cm

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: forever

Starting Weight: 88 kgs

Present Weight: 77 kgs

Goal Weight: 57.8 kgs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: lack of motivation and laziness to move (exercise)

Following any specific plan: None

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: None, but hoping to get motivated to stick with it...
CherryChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #328  

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Momma Bear

First name: Amber
Geographical location: Colorado Springs
Children/Ages:1 daughter, 2 years old
Pets: Beano the Taco Terrier, Rainbow fish. Montessori meal worms
Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, gardening, chatting, smart phone play
Height:5'7"
Eye/Hair Color: Chocolate, curly brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today
Starting Weight:287 (last I checked.i should probably get another scale)
Present Weight: 287
Goal Weight:180
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm really mellow and don't rush things including this. I don't believe in dieting. I like to refer to this as a life style change which actually makes it more of a challenge for me.
Following any specific plan: exercise, less sugar/gluten, more water
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm starting to see the real affects of this weight. I've self diagnosed diabetes, thyroid, high blood pressure. I don't have insurance right now so I'm donning what I can to help these things like homeopaths and exercise.Hopefully we will have insurance again soon.
My dad died at 45 from a heart attack. That's 10 years away. I'm not doing that to my daughter so it's time to start. Plus I would like to have another child so I need to get in better shape for the pregnancy.
MontBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 254/254/153

Height: 5"6

Default gorillamama's bio

First name: Crystal

Geographical location: Central PA

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: dd: 11 ds: 10 dd: 7 dd: 5 dd: 2

Pets: our cats are gone

Hobbies/Interests: creating with my hands (crafts, quilts, sewing, crocheting, etc.) , teaching, reading, letterboxing, memorizing Scripture and studying the Bible, dancing, singing, drama, art...

Height:5 foot 6 inches

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown; dark brown and grey

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 13,2013

Starting Weight:254

Present Weight:254

Goal Weight:153

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: the part of myself that says I can't do it, it's not worth it, why bother?, I'd rather drown myself in sugar...

Following any specific plan:calorie counting/exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: seeking support outside of myself

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just hoping this is my last journey down this path...

Last edited by gorillamama; 07-13-2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: forgot to fill in the top!
gorillamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #330  

First name: Patty

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: Happily married for 21 years

Children/Ages: Son/18, Daughter/16

Pets: Beagle and a mutt!

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling to Disney, time with family, cooking, reading

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 9, 2013

Starting Weight: 253

Present Weight: Not sure, will weigh tomorrow

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Binge eating, stress, losing motivation, not exercising

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like I have hit rock bottom. I am in constant pain, ashamed of the way I look and avoiding social situations as often as I can.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have failed so many times its hard to have hope and believe in myself but I know I can do it.
MarineMama is offline   Reply With Quote