Old 07-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #331  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Geographical location:
Portland, Oregon

Marital Status:
Married for 2.5 years to my sweet hubby.

Children/Ages:
Two girls, ages 23 and 18. Stepdaughter, 23 and stepson, 16

Deal witch, telecommuter

Pets:
My best buddy Nikko the Frug, Bella the pug

Hobbies/Interests:
Knitting, reading, archery, yoga

Height:
5'2"

Eye/Hair Color:
Hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
About 12. Most recently 6/11/2013

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
My emotional connection to food.

Following any specific plan:
Counting calories, recording on Loseit, focusing on protein and veggies and fruit.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I'm diabetic and I never too it very seriously since it wasn't that bad. At my last dr appointment my A1c was 7.9. Dr said if I didn't do something soon, I'd end up injecting insulin. So I'm tracking my sugar now and cutting back on carbs. My blood sugar is normal every morning now - after only five weeks of working on it.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
I have a different feeling about losing weight this time. It doesn't seem impossible and the healthy stuff actually tastes good to me now. I feel like I'm really doing something right this time and that I can really turn my health around.

Last edited by Llilith; 07-19-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #332  
Shrinking!

S/C/G: 238/204/140

Height: 5'1" ½

First name: You can just call me Alli. (:

Geographical location: East Texas

Marital Status: Single, never married.

Children/Ages: No children, yet!

Pets: I'm a total crazy cat lady! I have 4 cats in total, a black cat named Mika, a white one named Snookie, a Torti named Arabella, and two peach colored cats named Henry and Garfield, I love each and every one of them.

Hobbies/Interests: Playing the ukulele, singing, writing music, theatre arts, psychology, and more.

Height: 5'1" ½

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Dark brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Almost a month ago now. (I don't have the specific date, unfortunately.)

Starting Weight: 238

Present Weight: 222

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: For me, the biggest hurdle is just abstaining from unhealthy eating. I have to remind myself that unhealthy food isn't the only food that tastes good, and just because it tastes good, doesn't mean I need it.

Following any specific plan: I'm eating vegetarian, counting calories & fat, and keeping a daily exercise routine.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, I've been overweight my whole life, it's just been a struggle that I've had to deal with, and in my past weight loss efforts, I was so young, and immature, with hardly no will power, and even though I'm still young now, I've come to realize how important it is that I lose weight, not only will I look better, but I'll feel better, and life will be easier. I have more will power, and faith in myself, I'm in it for the long run this time.

It's very nice to meet every one of you, I wish you all the best of luck!
AlligatorSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 327/see ticker/ 160

Height: 5'9'

First name: Mary

Geographical location: Alabama

Marital Status:single

Children/Agesne child age 30

Pets:2 cat and rabbit

Hobbies/Interests:reading, walking

Height:5'9"

Eye/Hair Color:green eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:7/27/13

Starting Weight:325

Present Weight:325

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:reward myself with food when i lose weight.

Following any specific plan:1300-1500 calorie

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:joining groups for support.

Anything else you would like to share with us:lifetime yo-yo let it get too far this time though. I am my own worst ememy with dieting.
mwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #334  
Hobbit-lass

Hi all! New here!

First name: Dana

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: Live with longtime boyfriend

Children/Ages: No children

Occupation: Currently between jobs but I normally do cashier-type things

Pets: My cat (see avatar) <3

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, drawing, reading (especially interested in fantasy), cats, hobbits, video games and mmo's (currently playing Rift together with boyfriend), walking

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-grey

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time? July 02, 2013

Starting Weight: 258.8lbs

Present Weight: 246lbs

Goal Weight: 120lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating, being bored

Following any specific plan: Kind of old school Weight Watchers mostly, as well as keeping count of my calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Going to do this for myself! Plus coming here is very different than anything I've done before

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really happy to be here! In general my family has given me a lot of support but there are some things I don't know if I really can share with them, you know? Like how much I look to lose in the end, and how much of a longterm this thing is going to be

Last edited by fairandfree; 07-29-2013 at 03:01 PM.
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 327/see ticker/ 160

Height: 5'9'

Hello Dana, welcome I will look forward to going through your weight loss journey together.

mary
mwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #336  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

First name: Terra

Geographical location: Kansas

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Long Haired Chihuahua

Hobbies/Interests:Emailing,Chatting Online, Watching t.v/movies,Listening to music,Hanging out with my best friend when she comes to town, Spending time with my fiance, Dog and my family.

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Both Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2013

Starting Weight: 294

Present Weight: 291

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Learning to eat smaller amounts

Following any specific plan: Nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im seeing results this time around

Anything else you would like to share with us:Backstory: I was thin growing up, I didnt start gaining weight until after high school in 03, I wasnt in sports growing up so I didnt have that to cont. with after high school if there are sports you can do after high school but while in high school P.E. kept me in shape but after high school I guess you can say I got lost/or bored, That was probably it boredom started cause for 12 years I had something to do every day and like I said I had P.E to keep me in shape and then after high school it was like Woah What am I suppose to do now? So I just didnt do anything and now 11 years afterwards Im kicking my self in the butt for not being more active so now Im trying to become more active, I just wish I did it before I gained so much weight.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 256/169/160

Height: 5ft 4.5in

this is the fist time I've ever come across this thread. I like it.

First name: Crystal

Geographical location: Northern Manitoba, Canada

Marital Status: Never married recently single after a 22 year relationship.

Children/Ages: 1 Daughter, 21 years old

Pets: Reggie the Yorkie, and Milo the fat orange cat. (My real life Garfield and Odie , except the dog is the boss).

Hobbies/Interests: Reality TV - Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Bbrother, Biggest loser. I would love to travel more but no-one to go with.

Height: 5'4 and a 1/2

Eye/Hair Colour: Brown eyes, Light Red (orangish) hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started taking it seriously Feb 2013

Starting Weight: 256 at highest, 230 in Feb 2013

Present Weight: Morning weigh-in 193.8

Goal Weight: 170 I will be thrilled, dream weight I'm thinking 145-150 we'll see.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love fast food Pizza in specific. I have no-one to answer to but me. Luckily, me has be saying no.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting. Averaging 1500 per day. Checking into 3FC everyday.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am single and only have to worry about me. Child is grown and moved out relationship (her dad) ended.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Love this web-site.
mygirlvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #338  

Smile

First name:carey

Geographical location:nebraska

Children/Ages:0

Pets:0

Hobbies/Interests: reading,

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color:blue/ blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: all my life as I remember!! but recently started 6/19/2013

Starting Weight:457

Present Weight: 421.2

Goal Weight:? will figure it out as I lose

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: everything involves food family,friends always want to eat!!

Following any specific plan: weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like this is the time for me !!! I had a wake up call recently this past march my brother who was 37 died and it was after a surgery and he was doing great the next thing we know is his heart just gave out I started to eat none stop gaining 40lbs in 2.5months and one day I said I got to stop this before its to late !!

Anything else you would like to share with us: just want to do it this time and be healthy!!
CARE3868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 247/247/170

Height: 5"8

First name:Venus

Geographical location:va

Marital Status:divorced

Children/Ages:10

Pets:0

Hobbies/Interests:single mom ,like horses motorcycles and just living...

Height:5"7

Eye/Hair Color:not sure of my real hair color(LOL) but my eyes are blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:8/3/2013

Starting Weight:247

Present Weight:243

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:hunger

Following any specific plan:trying Victoza

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:my mom past a year ago and i have leaned on food for everything...

Anything else you would like to share with us:so looking forward to hearing about everyones weightloss journey...and hoping i can stick to this ....on a good note i am 6 months as a NON SMOKER ...
Venypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 290/171/148

Height: 5.4.5

First name: Gina

Geographical location:Seattle

Marital Status: married for 11years

Children/Ages: 3 (7yrs,5yrs,6mnths)

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: scrapbook, photography, reading

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I have been overweight since my early teens. Shortly after my marriage I worked for a year doing South Beach Diet and exercising and lost about 60lbs and felt great. I got derailed by depression when we had a hard time having a baby. When we finally got pregnant I started the pregnancy at 200lbs and gained another 50lbs. After my first child I lost down to 220lbs and got pregnant right away (unexpectedly) and gained again. Our second child has special needs and the stress didn't help my depression or weight. Fast forward to last year and I was at 265lbs and holding and then found out I was pregnant. Was not expected as I was on birth control and had a lot of medical testing. Didn't good during pregnancy and only gained 25lbs. Now I'm in the 260's and would like to get my life back and enjoy my kids.

Starting Weight: 273 (last month)

Present Weight: 265.2

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stress has always been a trigger for not caring about what I eat. I've spent the past 8 years going up and down and not getting back to a healthy weight.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers Online

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well I have lower expectations which should help and I finally feel like the long term is more important that quick results.

Anything else you would like to share with us: That's about it.
Ginny79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #341  

S/C/G: ~240/234.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Talking Hello! Newbie Here!

First name: Naomi

Geographical location: New York

Marital Status: Live-in boyfriend

Children/Ages: 1 Daughter, 23 months (will be 2 in September!)

Pets: 1 Cat, Turning 8 this month (August) – had him since he was 6 weeks!

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, Reading, Movies, Shopping, my daughter

Height: 5’ 3”

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey: I call it a lifestyle change – official start date, today! August 12, 2013

Starting Weight: Today’s weigh-in: 237.2

Present Weight: 237.2

Goal Weight: 135 (or 140) want to be a size 12

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Getting to the gym and being active, eating all my meals, portion control, sweets, sweets, sweets!

Following any specific plan: Slowly making weekly changes then will hopefully start the Fat Smash Diet on 8/26 for 2 weeks, move on to Phase 2, 3, 4 etc.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I almost feel like I’ve hit rock bottom. I have a little girl now who depends and looks up to me, I want to do this for her and for me.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
I’ve successfully lost weight in the past. All it takes is determination and perseverance. I know this but I guess the older you get the harder it is. I do want to have a second child and I want this second pregnancy to be a healthy one. I’m doing this very gradually, giving myself 13 months to lose about 100lbs. I want this to be a permanent lifestyle change to keep the weight off. I welcome any advice/input and look to offer help where ever possible.

Last edited by Naomi13869; 08-15-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: add title
Naomi13869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 250/250/145

Height: 5'8

Default Hello :)

First name: Kelsey

Geographical location: South Dakota

Children/Ages: none

Pets: nope

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a book nerd, I like to be outside, anything with water makes me happy

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: blue/ blond reddish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ummm high school? But today is 8/12/2013

Starting Weight: 250 ish -

Present Weight: 250 ish

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying motivated, I have commitment issues.

Following any specific plan: more protein and veggies, less processed foods and lots of water

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've been heavy for most of my life but recently I've started having more pain in day to day life. Waking up with back pain, knees hurting, all things that should affect people my parents age not me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking for a email buddy, or someone to help hold me accountable. I've tried in the past but have made it a private effort, I'm going to try and make it public this time.
Sunshinesonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #343  

S/C/G: 278/208/165

Height: 5'6"

First name: Karen

Geographical location: Maine, USA

Marital Status: Moving to my own apartment this weekend, divorcing after 22 years.

Children/Ages: Boy 20, boy 11, boy 10, girl 10.

Pets: Cat, staying with husband.

Hobbies/Interests: Collecting scrapbooking supplies, reading and listening to books, downloading endless iPad apps.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown but gray creeping in, dang it.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2013

Starting Weight: 278

Present Weight: 231

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Me.

Following any specific plan: Walk a lot, attend Weight Watchers but fail to track points.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Overhauling my whole life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not yet.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #344  
Nothing is impossible

S/C/G: 296/Ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Midwest (formerly Texas hence screen name)

Marital Status: For almost 11 years!!

Children/Ages: Daughter 11, Son 7

Pets:Boston Terrier~Iris, Mini Dachshund~Hercules

Hobbies/Interests: Family!!

Height: 5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Off and on since 2006. Final time though 3/15/2013

Starting Weight: 296 (3/15/13)

Present Weight: 245.5

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight-loss: Exercising!! Worst part ever!!

Following any specific plan: Started with Weight Watchers. I now have the hang of it so I now have a Fitbit Flex and My Fitness Pal app and of course, Y'all!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Hubby was diagnosed with diabetes so it was time. I am doing better then him though His blood sugars though are getting better!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love this site already! Its only been about a week since I became a member but its nice to know that there are many people on here that are in the same boat that I am with trying to lose weight. I hope that I can give support to all of you since you have done so much for me already!
SouthernBell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 252.8/250.4/145

Height: 5'4"

First name: Julia

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 3 - a teenager, a tween, a 9 year old.

Pets: One rescue dog

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, travel, Target (!)

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: green/dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2013

Starting Weight: 250 pounds

Present Weight: 223 pounds

Goal Weight: 145 pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it for the long term

Following any specific plan: Nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm blogging about it and it's really helping with my accountability.

Anything else you would like to share with us: nope that's it!
jm474 is offline   Reply With Quote