Old 03-05-2014, 03:30 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 242/240/150

Height: 5'5

First name: Beth

Geographical location: OC, CA

Marital Status: married for almost 23 years

Children/Ages: 21, 19, 14

Pets:4 dogs. A lab, a peke, a chihuahua , a mutt

Hobbies/Interests:crafting, needle work. Knitting is my nemesis. I will not let it beat me.

Height:5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:March 3,2014

Starting Weight:243

Present Weight:243

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:sticking with it. When thigs go slow or stop I lose focus.

Following any specific plan: crack the fat loss code by Wendy chant

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel very determined. I have various aspects I want to change and while it may seem too much to do at once I feel like this is the time to do it all.its a journey and I'm ready for a change

Anything else you would like to share with us:[/QUOTE]
I am a very open and blunt person. I never mean to hurt others and worry I do. I just want support cause I have so much going on. Cutting out wheat, carb deplete week of carb cycle program, and quitting diet coke for a month. Need all the help I can get.
Occheermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 273.5/269.9/160

Height: 5 ft 3

Default Ok here is my bio...

First name: Heather

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 18, 16, 14

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: cardmaking/scrapbooking, reading, computer

Height: 5 ft 3

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Tuesday, March 4th, 2014

Starting Weight: 273.5

Present Weight:273.5

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying focused, going out with friends, drinking pop (I'm a popaholic), getting my water in (no prob at work but I find it harder at home)

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to be healthier and more active for next winter so I can go skiing with my husband. Also to be able to travel without having to us an extender seatbelt. I am tired of having a hard time putting socks on.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Headie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #408  
22LBS Lost! I CAN DO THIS

Location: Columbia Basin Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center

S/C/G: 257/ticktickticker!/141

Height: 5'3"

Wink

First name:Alwyn/Andee

Geographical location: PAC NW of the USA. course... I live on the Eastern side of the Rockies right now

Marital Status: FINALLY engaged!

Children/Ages: None,yet. someday though!

Occupation: Student of Business Tech at Columbia Basin Job Corps

Pets: Four dogs, two cats. Saraphin(wire terrier), Valkyrie(Brindle Great Dane), Loki (PUGGLE!), and Hunter( Loki's litter brother, and also a little chubchub cuddler. >.<) and then there's Sabath and Esbat, our two cats. I'm not sure what they are, since they're both stereotypical black cats with glowing yellow eyes. Lol

Hobbies/Interests: Oh so many! But, there's medieval reenactment, reading, pottery, painting, writing, drawing, rollerblading (but not at Job Corps! -.-'), bicycling(again, not at job corps! T^T) and watching movies~

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Olive/Black, with some strawberry blond roots!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 10,2013

Starting Weight:256lbs

Present Weight: 240lbs!

Goal Weight: 141lbs, but my ultimate is 140lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: exercise *hiss hiss*

Following any specific plan: Not yet, but I will be!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually trying to lose weight this time! The last few times, it was because so-and-so said I needed to(mom, aunt,doctor, etc.) But now it's for me, and my fiancee

Anything else you would like to share with us: Whelp, I'm a huge procrastinator, and unfortunatly have the bad habit of eating(or not eating at all!) my emotions, which is really bad since I can be a very emotional person. But, I'm hoping that being on this site's gonna help me overcome these things! At least when it comes to my weight loss~~
CrimsonTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #409  

S/C/G: 325/283/195

Height: 5'10"

Default Hello, My Name is Mary and Here is my Bio

First name: Mary

Geographical location: Michigan

Children/Ages: 7 (13.5 year old son, husband's to previous marriage). 6.5, 5.5, 4.5, 3.5, 2 and 17 months (All 6 we have fostered and adopted)

Occupation: I am a Stay At Home Mom for the past year. Prior to that I have been a busy corporate paralegal that ran the night projects center in a large law firm. I am also a hairstylist/makeup artist and amateur (although talented) baker in my spare time.

Pets: 3 Shi-Tzus...Yoda, Wickett and Vader

Hobbies/Interests: I love to cook, and create new culinary dishes and make them as healthy as possible. Reading, Bike Riding, Enjoying time with friends and family

Height: 5' 10"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: January 2, 2014

Starting Weight: 325

Present Weight: 284

Goal Weight: Right now, 190 (want to see "onderland" and then decide my final fitness goal.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My metabolism and inflammatory issues

Following any specific plan: Clean Eating Paleo/Hunter Gatherer

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have finally addressed the issues surrounding my personal issues with my health and metabolism.

CoolFam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:40 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 282/175/282

Default Bio

First name: Yvette

Geographical location: Ontario, Canada

Marital Status: Single, in a relationship

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: yoga, movies

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 15/14

Starting Weight: 282lbs

Present Weight:282lbs

Goal Weight:175lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated, getting to the gym

Following any specific plan: No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have had several health issues in the past year that have made me realize I have to lose weight and get health now. I am happy in every other aspect of my life so I want to lose the weight and be healthy so that I can enjoy my life more.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am looking for support from this group/site to keep me on track and motivated to lose 100lbs.
redy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 210/204/120

Smile Newbie!

First name: Laura

Geographical location: Alabama

Children/Ages: 2 boys (11 and 13)

Occupation: Personal assistant aka mom, chef, maid, driver, nurse, (formerly did CNA work and started classes toward RN)

Pets: none right now but have had about everything, from hedgehogs to horses and a St. Bernard

Hobbies/Interests:Horses, reading, scary movies, anything history, geneology, or haunted..lol

Height: 5ft

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Dark Brown (natural brown with red tones)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 3 2014

Starting Weight:210

Present Weight: 204

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: PCOS and Von Willebrands Disease (a form of hemophilia...no contact sports! lol)

Following any specific plan: DDP Yoga, haven't done the dvds yet but the healthy eating plan so far

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Just got on new meds for the PCOS,so hopefully it helps with insulin/metabolism

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hate most vegetables, so eating healthy is hard for me! Also I *used* to be in great shape (highschool cheerleading, track, etc) and then I put on a lot of weight in a few years and was diagnosed with PCOS. Now I'm trying to get back to that goal or realistically anywhere near what I was!
barnprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #412  

First name: Sandra

Geographical location: Washington, IL (the tiny town hit by the EF4. tornado in November.)

Marital Status: happily married. Sometimes.

Children/Ages: Caitlyn, 7 Jacob, 8

Pets: Well. 2 hermit crabs named Herbert and Kermit, a chi-pin named Zoey, a plethora of fish that have recently taken to eating each other alive, three parakeets named sky, skyler, and chili, and a hamster named Hammy but my mom calls it F-wad because it bites every one.

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, my kids, aggravating my husband.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes/currently blond with dark brown at the bottom. Don't ask what I was thinking. I wasn't.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: hmm. When I was 16? Haha let's say today, 3/19/14.

Starting Weight: 367

Present Weight: 365

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: being so big makes it hurt to move, even more to exercise so I get discouraged after I have to quit after 10 minutes.

Following any specific plan: atm, don't overeat. Oh, and green coffee bean extract.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm tired of being tired. My kids are at the age where they want to play games and ride bikes and I can't

Anything else you would like to share with us: I put my pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else but it takes more effort. I don't get much encouragement from my husband, and zero from my parents. I swear if I hear, "don't like it fix it" one more time. .

(Disclaimer: I filled this out on my phone so any errors send to LG. )

~Sandy
Sandy_Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 320/280/160

Height: 5'1

First name: Christa

Geographical location: Colorado, transplanted from Joplin, MO

Marital Status: Engaged to my Soul Mate!

Children/Ages: None yet, but sort of desperately wanted in the future.

Occupation: Unemployed and Disabled because of reasons. In the future I want to be a child psychologist.

Pets: The best cat ever: a 7-year old calico/tabby known as Sweet Pea who has been through a lot with me, two cats who technically belong to my fiance and his mother, Boo and Fuzzy (they have real names, but they don't know them), a beautiful lazy and lovable black boy cat called Binx who drools compulsively and lives with my mom in Missouri, and a talkative not-big blonde mutt dog with a pot-belly and kind of amazing eyebrows and mustache named Gunner who also lives in Missouri with my mom.

Hobbies/Interests: reading (especially fantasy), drawing, playing video games (especially RPGs) and I'm trying to make exercising into a hobby, AKA something I enjoy

Height: 5'1 or 5-flat depending on who's measuring me

Eye/Hair Color: my eyes are blue-green and change colors with my mood, lighting, clothing, etc. My hair is blondish.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On and off for a few years. Officially restarting as of today: Saturday, March 22, 2014

Starting Weight: 320+

Present Weight: 280

Goal Weight: 180, ultimate 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: chronic pain, stress eating, losing motivation

Following any specific plan: Not really, but I'm trying to cut sugar completely. I've identified sugar as a big freaking problem and also the possible pre-diabetic diagnosis scares the heck out of me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Unlike all the other times, I'm really invested this time. My heath problems scare me, and I don't see a good future if I don't change. And this time, part of my motivation is to look on the outside the way I feel inside.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been posting on forum websites for over a decade, and sometimes I make REALLY long posts....hope that doesn't bother anyone. I also have a lot of emotional baggage and sometimes that creeps into my posts....I apologize in advance.

Last edited by ChristaCupcake; 03-22-2014 at 06:31 PM.
ChristaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #414  

First name: Lara

Geographical location: PA

Marital Status: married 17 years

Children/Ages: one son age 11 and one daughter forever 16

Pets: one cat

Hobbies/Interests: reading- love to read all kinds of books

Height: 5 ft

Eye/Hair Color: brown/green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3-8-14

Starting Weight:200

Present Weight:200

Goal Weight:100

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: depression

Following any specific plan: just counting calories and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: nothing really

Mom2luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:57 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 303/290.4/200

Height: 5'8"

First name: Crystal

Geographical location: WV

Children/Ages: 17 and 14

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Shooting, Birthin' Babies and knitting

Eye/Hair Color: brown/green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/30/14

Starting Weight:303

Present Weight:303

Goal Weight:199

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: bad attitude, pain

Following any specific plan: not yet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm physically incapable of doing a lot of normal things. I'm so done.

Anything else you would like to share with us: not yet.
Bunny1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #416  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

First name: Jenna

Geographical location: Rhode Island

Children/Ages: None - that's my reason for weight loss!

Pets: Four cats. Arnold (18), Abe (16), Elmo and Piglet (siblings, 6)

Hobbies/Interests: reading, baking, learning to knit, keeping fish and frogs.

Height: 5'3.75

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today. April 4th 2014 - Day 1 of Optifast.

Starting Weight: 265

Present Weight: 265

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping myself motivated

Following any specific plan: Optifast, full fast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: We suffered an early miscarriage and have been struggling to become pregnant for two years. My dr's think my weight is the main cause - I want a family. Before I just wanted to not "be the fat friend" - Doing this for my future children is much more important.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Can't think of anything right now (writer's block!)
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:32 AM   #417  

S/C/G: 226/150

First name: Erin

Geographical location: So Cal

Children/Ages: one

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, learning, travel, shopping, languages

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today. 4/20/14

Starting Weight: 226

Present Weight: 226

Goal Weight: 150 would be amazing. I'd settle for 175.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: motivation. mindful eating. self-sabotage. hunger.

Following any specific plan: no.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't know yet. I am full of self-loathing, as I feel like I have been trying for the past few months but sabotaging enough that I'm not really successful. I have lost 50lbs in the past, only to gain it all back. I'm in a wedding in Oct and would love to not be the fat one. I feel like reaching out for support is what makes this different.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nothing as of yet. I'm afraid of failing.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #418  

Talking Newbie on BistroMD

First name: Karri

Geographical location: West Coast

Children/Ages: 2 (12 and 9 1/2)

Pets: dog and cat

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, political satire, travel and being physically active with my family

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Eye/Hair Color: Green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/22/2014

Starting Weight: 268.8

Present Weight: 254.8

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:

Strong sugar cravings that come up occasionally, especially when I have baked kids their yummy home-made birthday cake. Also, I had been previously diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroid disease and goiter. I seem to have that under-control now, but metabolism is slow because of it.

Following any specific plan: BistoMD

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I realize that I want a different, more active future than what is currently ahead of me if I continue gaining weight and eating myself into an early death. Also, having tasty, prepared meals that are already waiting for me, makes it much easier for me.

My hubby is also doing the BistroMD program. He has less weight to lose than I do.

Last edited by karribest; 04-21-2014 at 06:36 PM.
karribest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #419  

S/C/G: 284/260/125

Height: 5ft6in

First name: Chereasa

Geographical location: NE Indiana

Marital Status: married to my best friend

Children/Ages: 2 boys 16 and 11

Pets: 2 cats Rueben and Gilbert

Hobbies/Interests: gaming, crocheting

Height: 5ft 6in

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this time 4/22/2014

Starting Weight: 274

Present Weight: 274

Goal Weight: realistically 150 (in my dreams 125)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: food addiction, lack of willpower, emotional eating

Following any specific plan: still working on specifics

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am over 40, I feel as if my weight is starting to affect my health, I am tired of being fat

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been lurking on here for awhile...hoping to not be to shy to participate...I really want to succeed this time
lilliamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #420  
My fat is not contagious.

S/C/G: 259/218/150

First name: Melissa

Geographical location:Orange County, NY

Marital Statusivorced

Children/Ages:2 sons age 7 and 11

Pets:3 cats

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, cooking, gardening

Height:5'8"

Eye/Hair Color:green/hazel eyes, hair color depends on the month

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 4/05/2014

Starting Weight:251

Present Weight:246

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My biggest hurdle is to stop making excuses to myself and stop lying to myself. Keeping myself on track and caring about me.

Following any specific plan: I am calorie counting and keeping a food journal and so far that is it.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have only tried losing weight once before (and I was not all that overweight) I was able to do it no problem, this time around I have gained so much weight its hard to know where to start.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hate what I look like as I am sure others who have more than 100lbs to lose will understand. I hate that I tell myself things like, oh I will start tomorrow, or ugh, I'm just to busy to go to the gym. I am trying very hard to change my overall mindset, and prioritize what is important, like living to see my kids have kids and being able to actively partake in their lives

Last edited by melzie77; 04-23-2014 at 04:38 PM.
melzie77 is offline   Reply With Quote