Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

I was jealous of all the fabulous 3fc-ers with new pics so I tried on the suit I wore to a "mock interview" last semester at my highest weight. The suit was tight when I wore it, and I slipped on the slacks and they buttoned easily, I didnt fear they were gonna pop off at all!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #32  

Height: 5'5.5"

Just dropped out of the obese range for BMI. I am now overweight!!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #33  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

In South Carolina, we are used to hot weather, not cold. Add in feeling cold from weight loss and this cold spell has been really hard to handle. I was able to buy heavy sweaters at Walmart. A year or two ago, I would have had to go to Catherine's. Of course, a year or two ago, I wouldn't have felt the cold so much!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 326/265/185

Height: 5'8

I think my NSV is probably pretty lame, but I'm gonna celebrate it anyway...

I have determined that Saturday's will be my "treat day" (not CHEAT day... I don't care for that term... makes it seem like you're doing something illegal... LOL), and this past Saturday, I decided to go to a pastry shop (won't say the name or what I had... don't want to be anyone's stumbling block). Normally at this pastry shop, I will order 4 items, and eat all 4 in the car (usually picking the items that are loaded with "extras"). On Saturday, I got only ONE of the plainest items on the menu, and ate that ONE as part of my treat day, without bingeing and getting 3 or 4 more of the more extravagant menu items and eating them all.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I have stayed on plan all day today. No extra treats and no chocolate! I have a tendancy to be a snacker and I just kept busy today doing stuff around the house and running errands, and voila, no extra snacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singingmua View Post
I think my NSV is probably pretty lame, but I'm gonna celebrate it anyway...
It's not lame at all, I think it is awesome when you can resist that kind of temptation. Great going!

Last edited by ToriLeigh; 01-11-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #36  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Today I walked to the second floor.

I used to walk to the first floor, but would take the lift to the second. Today I got in and started walking and lo! There on the second floor I was. Not even out of breath....
Old 01-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 285/281/150

Height: 5'2"

My NSV is kinda lame but here goes....

I've eaten a bag of salad and a bag of spinach this week. I've walked a minimum of 40 minutes every day. For me, the salad and spinach thing is HUGE!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #38  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

I walked past the cookies and fudge that a client brought in for me a dozen times today without dipping in once. Rather than sampling or taking them home, I encouraged students and co-workers to partake.

If they detected the slight tinge of hysterical desperation in my encouragement, well, such is life!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #39  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

I got up early before work....and worked out! my exercise has been close to nil so far and I LOVE sleep. So i'm proud of myself
Old 01-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #40  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Ladies, ladies. There is no such thing as a lame NSV! Celebrate the little things, they are what make the difference in the long run.

Here's mine for today: I went out to dinner with a work friend tonight. She's cool and all, but she is always trying to get me to eat off-plan. (I think I just make her feel guilty for eating carbs or something, but that's her issue, not mine.) Tonight she wanted to go to an Italian place (danger Will Robinson!) which was scary, but I looked at the menu beforehand and picked out a healthy salad.

I had a super-stressful day and by the time we got to dinner I wanted to have pasta. I reallyreally wanted to. But I ordered the healthy Mandarin Walnut salad with added grilled chicken and dressing on the side. It was really good and satisfying. I did have a glass of wine with it, but I had the calories so that was fine.

Then my friend wanted to look at the dessert menu. She was really trying hard to get me to order something. I ordered a cup of decaf and she ordered a piece of Chocolate Italian Cream Cake. (Describing all this I am starting to think she secretly hates me!) I did have a carefully measured half-bite to try it, but that was it. One little taste and the decaf and I was happy. That's a pretty major victory for me, when there was authentic Tiramisu in the vicinity.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I AGREE that there is no such thing as a lame NSV.

Celebrate EVERY victory!

So, here's my NSV.

I've started baking bread instead of buying it. And it's UBER good. The kind of thing that really tempts me. So this morning, I cut a slice, and weighed it. I cut it thin, but it was dense bread and it weighed 100 gms. I knew I did not have the calories alloted for 100 gms and I had this momentary feeling that the bread was going to "make me eat it..." and somehow it was going to end up in my mouth even though I hadn't planned for it.

But that's not what happened. Instead, I calmly cut the piece in half, reweighed it to make sure I had gotten 50 gms and wrapped up the other half piece.

Funny thing was, when I ate it, I could tell it was a good size serving-- I did not miss the other half at all.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Today. I walked from my apartment to the edge of my campus with my fiancee!!! It is a 1.5 mile roundtrip.

People kept telling me we had a great apartment for walking distance, and I just looked at them like they were crazy! I would never be able to do that!
Well - tonight I went there AND back!
I know a mile and a half doesn't seem like much to some people, but for me that is a big accomplishment. I'm not going to lie - it was really hard for me, and I made it about a half mile before my back started KILLING me. Yet, I didn't give up and I made it all the way!

It was a big NSV for me.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:25 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Today, my friend stole all of my Weight Watchers stuff that I could spare and decided to start it herself. She told me that she was so impressed with my results and was inspired to start the program herself because, through my work, she realized it was time.

I was like...whoah. Its nice to be someone's inspiration for once
Old 01-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I sat up in bed this morning without rolling on to my side! ABS my friends!

It started with rolling over and grabbing the bed post, then I graduated to just rolling over.

But this morning. Pop! I popped right up.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #45  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

AWESOME NSV'S EVERYONE!... Very inspiring... thanks for sharing!
Closed Thread