YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 08-06-2004, 08:29 PM   #1  
Jennifer

Default Newbie Here

Name (Nickname): Jennifer (Jen)

M or F: F

Weight/ Goal Weight: 220?/135

Height: 5' 6"

Family: I have been married for 5 1/2 years now and have 2 beautiful boys. One is going to be 3 years next month and my "new" one is 4 months old. Tey are the light of my life!

Personal Info you would like to share: I am new here and haven't read the book yet, but am very anxious to. I went down to a size 8 after my first son, but the weight from the second one just doesn't seem to budge. We just moved to NC 3 weeks age from NJ, so I don't know very many people here (all my family is back in NJ) so I am hoping to meet some supportive people.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: I have struggled with my weight for most of my life and was engaged one time before my husband. Needless to say, my fiance was mentally and physically abusive about everything including my weight. I developed anorexia and bulimia and went down to skin and bones. This was when I was around 18. Let me tell you those diseases scared me to death. I was tired all the time, my hair was flling out in clumps and I was all skin and bones. I've since had 2 kids and am miserable again, but I don't want to do anything drastic. I love doctor Phil and hope to gain some insight from him and the people here.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: I hope to gain the "much needed" self esteem and the advice on how to do thingss properly and safely, for my own well being and my family.

jtuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 10:45 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jen from another Jen! I'm also looking for a dr. phil buddy. I'm 36, married almost 11 years, and also have a son who will be 3 next month. I've been overweight most of my life and I really feel that dr.phil's plan will be the one that helps me finally achieve a healthy weight. Please send me a private message if you would like to be buddies. Take care.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:47 PM   #3  
Wendy

Default another newbie

Name Wendy

M or F: F

Weight/ Goal Weight: 223 to 229 depending on the day/140-150

Height: 5' 6"

I just bought the book today and started reading some of the other posts here. I hope you guys don't mind another newbie joining but I seriously need support I don't feel I have it here. I moved here to Colorado about 1 1/2 years ago and the only friend I had here moved away so I have my husband who is no support or when he tries it comes out wrong and my kids, no other family near and no other real friends.... which is depressing but I will deal with that on another post. My weight is a part of my depression I realize that and in my battle against depression I have to battle my weight. I have the inevitable loop I am depressed because of my weight and I eat because I am depressed..... So now that I have decided to do something about both of those things here is where I am starting.....I also have other issues causing my depression but that is another support group or several depending on how many issues I actually have..... Ok then....I like Dr Phil I wish I had a friend like him one who doesn't take excuses and sees through the dialog to the truth. I do have some questions about the book so if someone who has been doing this a while could help me I would greatly appriciate it..... Oh and to those who eat when you are bored I am one of those too....

Last edited by coffeeaddict; 10-03-2004 at 08:51 PM.
coffeeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote