YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

cakses....yes, move past it. Someone told me that even if I slip up, go ahead and finish the day eating healthy. Something about tricking your body into thinking you meant to do that. When I messed up for the graduation party, I didn't eat anything after I cheated and I gained 4.5 pounds because my body thought I was going to starve it so it hung on to all the bad stuff. I don't know if it would have made a difference but I know going without eating wasn't worth the 4.5 gain.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #47  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

well i did my daily 2 miles exercise and i ate very healthy for lunch and i am just going to keep on trucking and hope mybody didn't notice that too much haha.

i have a show tonight (i am in direct sales) so after everyone leaves i am busting out my step and doing a nice 40 minute routine to burn off that crossanwich. a little extra push might keep me even for tomorrow!
Old 06-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #48  

down 1.5 this week...brings me back to virgin territory! yeah!!!!!!!!!
all that sweating this week paid off....
Old 06-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #49  
Starting Over

way to go patti!!! keep up the good work!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

: Super Patti. Keep up the good work!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 05:59 AM   #51  

2 more lbs and 1/4 inch this week lost. byebye pounds and inches and don't come back lol.
That is a total of 17 lbs and 3 and 1/4 inches lost.
I weigh 227 and have a waist size of 38 and 3/4 inches.
Down from 244 lbs and 41 inch waist since May 4
Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #52  

: Mary WTG!!! You are really doing great!!!

My scale said 170 today. It must be a mistake. I really don't think I've lost 6 pounds. I'm not chankgng my ticker or getting excited until I weigh in again tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Lost 4.5 pounds this week so basically I am starting over from the beginning of the summer challenge
Old 06-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #54  

wow you guys are doing great!!! Lets keep going gals!!!!!!
Drink your water this weekend,,and get that walking in
Old 06-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #55  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey girls, just a fly-by - I'm in Thailand now, have already spent two fabulous days in Bangkok, and now am in Pattaya, getting ready to head to work tomorrow.

Bangkok has incredible building and fabulous food. I've eaten Thai three days in a row for dinner, and am loving it. Often a bit too spicy for me, but they will tone it down if you ask. I'm going to have to make a YOU: turn when I get back Thursday - the food here is just too good! Rice is the major problem, that and the sugar they add to dishes.

You gals are doing great - have a good week - I'll be in touch!
Cindy
Old 06-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #56  

Yes they add sugar to most things I believe to balance out themeal Cindy,,,the ying and yang of cooking. Somthing sweet and salty. Supposed to make the perfect meal.
Glad your having awonderful time! hurry back we miss you
Old 06-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #57  

: Kim WOW that's great.

I'm so tired. There's a woodpecker right outside my bedroom window that's been waking me up every morning. Who wants to get us at 6:30 when you don't have to?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #58  
Starting Over

well my in-laws were here from friday to monday and boy did i cheat cheat cheat! i was feeling pretty bad (both physically and mentally) about cheating, and i gained 4 pounds but i am not going to beat myself up. i am back on track today.

on the plus side, i got in 3 miles of jogging with my SIL on saturday and 2-3 miles of sightseeing walking as well in seattle, so i made up a little bit for the less than stellar eating. i am going to have to work hard because they will be back in august and i don't want to give up as easy as i did this time.

got my 2 miles in this morning as well and about to shower then go make soup and a sandwich for lunch and congratulate myself for not just giving up! i know i can do this, even with small missteps. hope everyone has a great day and congrats to those who lost this week!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #59  

good for you cakeses.....its not cheating..its making a YOU turn!!
Im off to the city tomorrow...stocking up on more fruits and veggies..mmmm loving the cherries right now!!!! I eat so much fruit I feel like Im cheating! Does anyone else feel that way sometimes??
I did get into some frozen yogurt this week but it hasnt shown on the scale. I know we are allowed it but its sooo good I feel like its decadant!
Got my walk in tonight,,no flies yeah!!!
have a great day tomorrow everyone
ttyl
Old 06-20-2007, 02:00 AM   #60  

Great job with the YOU turn, cakses. My in-laws drive me to eat, too!

I have been doing OK, not great. I have still been eating A LOT, but all foods from the plan. I have also been feeling very emotional without being able to use food as a coping mechanism. The other day I went to the outlet mall and walked, walked, walked. It was very hot and humid so I wanted to get a Dasani from the machine. Well, the stupid machine gave me a Cherry Coke instead. Cherry Coke! To me that is the total opposite of Dasani. I was so frustrated I chucked the Coke into the garbage can (hard!) and stomped off to my car. I am not normally the type of person who loses my temper like this. I am able to laugh about it now. Cherry Coke - yuck!
Closed Thread