Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 02:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Judy - I bet Anthony will be so handsome in his suit. As soon as my BIL sends us the digital pictures he took (we used a regular camera), I'll e-mail one to you. And I'd love to see one of Anthony if you have any digital pics. We went to an Italian restaurant too. You'll do fine. Going on flex for a week is probably a good idea. Shakes things up a bit. Don't let those sneak peeks bother you - it is probably the salt. And good for you for limiting your snacks. And thanks for the pats on the back.

Rose - Congrats on your loss! One pound gone is one pound closer to goal.

Rachel - Thanks for the encouragement. I do need a pretty big drop of blood, but at least now I have the hang of where to prick my finger, so I'm not so much of a human pin cushion any more. Good luck with nurses week. Save some points for a small treat so you don't feel deprived and just walk away from the rest of it. I know you can do it! (And tell the docs that next year an on-site chair massage would be a healthier show of appreciation!)

Emily - Congrats on your loss. Here's to a binge-free rest of the week.

I've managed to control the diabetes enough to have the surgery tomorrow, although my doc has ordered a shot of insulin in the hospital. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're able to do laproscopic as planned. So, I'll bid you all a good weekend and "see" you on Monday.

Carla
Old 05-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #17  

Hi there. The last few days have been very busy with sorting out things for the house. I've also slipped badly with my eating and even forgot to WI this week but I'm sure the news would have been bad.

KellyJo ~ Welcome back. Sorry to hear you've gained back most of your weight but you're settled in your new house and have your treadmill set up so you'll be back down in now time. Good luck.

Jaime ~ WTG on the 1lb loss.

Emily ~ WTG on the small portion of cake, the awesome run time and 2lb loss. The cake sounds divine - would it be possible to get the recipe (not that I need it, lol)? Chocolate cakes are a hit around here. Good score on the tulips and book - what a thoughtful DH you have.

Rachel ~ I have exactly the same problem. I start off the day with great intentions, exercising and eating well. Afternoon is always a killer for me and is usually the time when it all goes bad. Good luck with the painting today. Good for you going to the gym even though you were tired. It's often a good way to feel more energetic. Best of luck for Nurses' Appreciation week next week. Sounds like fun, even though your willpower is placed in jeopardy.

Judy ~ Sorry to hear you didn't meet your April goal, but you still lost so that is definitely a plus. Sounds like you're getting heaps of exercise with walking regardless of having a sore back. Hope it gets better soon.

Jenny Dee ~ WTG on the awesome loss this week. Sounds like you're getting a great amount of exercise with your job.

Carla ~ WTG on the loss this week and getting on the bike regularly. Sounds like you're making good progress on the metformin. Good luck with tracking down your doctor about surgery tomorrow. Hope it goes ahead for you. Glad to hear Ana's communion and luncheon went well.

Rose ~ Welcome. WTG on the 1 lb loss especially just before TOM.

I'm now off to check out our foundation and then need to pick up Cameron from preschool.

Last edited by Silverfern; 05-04-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #18  

Carla ~ We must have been posting at the same time. That's great news that the surgery is going ahead. Best of luck and look forward to 'seeing' you on Monday.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:55 AM   #19  
Back on Program!

Weight in
I am happy to report a .8lb loss this week. Wish I lost more, but at least it's going in the right direction! And we all know I have been misbehaving with the points. I just don't know why I can't get back on the program and stick to it! I did so well last year with it!
I hope all goes well with your surgery Carla---I had a laproscopic procedure with my gallbladder. I stayed one night in the hospital. But then I tried to go back to work too soon---so make sure you rest and take care of yourself!

Wishing a willpower filled weekend for us alll!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #20  

Rachel – WTG on the loss and on getting to the gym. Yes, I do have a challenge next week. The school district is giving us a breakfast (bagels, etc.) on Wed (I think) BUT the PTA (which is wonderful here) just goes all out – there will be food in the faculty room all week long (read: candy, etc) and one day they bring in a lunch that just can’t be beat (last year they were making Belgian waffles in the faculty room). At least there are usually some salads at the lunch. Oh well, I’ll have to watch my points next week and save one, small indulgence. Good luck to us, we’ll need it (that and a lot of willpower and motivation!)

Emily – congratulations on the loss – sorry about the binge but it sounds like you’ve picked yourself up and gotten back on plan.

Carla – I can’t wait to see a picture of Ana – I’m sure she looked beautiful. We finally got a digital camera and I have to remind Tony to take it (we may have to download some pictures that are in there first.) Good for you for controlling the diabetes enough to have the surgery – I know you will continue to manage it and we WILL lose the weight we need to lose (and you will be able to stop pricking yourself!) I’m sending you good wishes for a quick, painless and successful (and laproscopic) surgery!

Tanya – sorry for the “slippage” last week but the fact that you are checking in here means that you will be losing again soon.

I did OK yesterday – it was a tough day at work (I did reading, ending the day in kindergarten) but I also earned 2 AP’s from all the walking (I think I got about 15,000 or 16,000 steps in). The thought of weighing in on Saturday kept my snacking to a minimum – and the sneak peek today was much better. Now to repeat that victory tonight! Good news is that Tony just picked up my car and he says it looks brand new. My back is so-so – it hurts by the end of the day (and sometimes in the morning) but I’m keeping up with the stretching and it does help. Maybe I can try walking on the treadmill next week – I’ll need help earning some AP’s with all the temptations that will be at work!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-07-2006, 07:04 AM   #21  

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone can join in on your weekly weigh in? I just started back up with the WW program~at home, this past week and would love to have someone to share ups and downs with.

I have been off WW since May of last year and I am sure that you can all guess that since I went off program, I had gained 20 pounds back. I get so frustrated with myself sometimes! I worked hard to get that weight off and now I have to lose it again along with the 9 additional pounds to meet my goal. I was able to lose some before I discovered 3FC's site---what an inspiration this website is!

So, my weigh in day is Sunday and for the week of 5/1-5/7 I am showing a 3lb loss...Yeah! I know that initially the weight comes off easily and then slows down, but I am excited to see that scale moving in the right direction, regardless of how much it moves!

Thank you for letting me share and I hope to get to know all of you better!
Darcy
Old 05-07-2006, 07:27 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

I am down 1.5 pounds this week which surprised me cuz I am having some back problems so no walking and I did some pity eating!!
I am so glad spring is finally here and I am going to be able to get out and walk.
7 weeks til the wedding and I am not sure some days if I am coming or going. Ours will be a small wedding...how do these young girls do it when the have a big wedding!!
Have a great week all!!
Old 05-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #23  

Hi Darcy and welcome! Of course you may join us. Fabulous loss, congratulations! Good for you for getting back to WW.

Kris - sorry to hear about your back problems. I can definitely sympathize! WTG on the great loss! Yes, the pre-wedding countdown can be a very stressful time. Try to get some "you" time and take care of yourself!

Carla - I hope you are healing quickly from the surgery! I am going to download the pictures from the First Communion and if I can find your email address (!), I will send some.

Karen - I hope things are OK with you and Mike. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm happy to report a 0.4 loss. I was just hoping to maintain so I was happy. Anthony's First Communion was just lovely. Anthony looked very handsome in his suit although he refused to wear the armband. This being the first First Communion I've been to, I didn't know what Tony's ex was talking about when she told me that Anthony refused. Well, it turns out that it's a big, whote bow! Only one boy was wearing it and I told Anthony that I agreed with him!

I am very pleased with how I did at the Italian restaurant. I checked out their website before we left and saw the catering menus. I decided of all the entrees, mussels with fra diavalo sauce was the point friendliest. I had a glass of wine, only 1/2 piece of garlic bread and split an appetizer with Tony. I did have a piece of cake but it was very thin. The luncheon was at 12:30 so later in the evening I did get a little hungry and made myself an egg white omelet. My cnacking was very controlled and I even did something I promised myself - I used a couple of flex points to have a glass of milk to get to my milk requirement for the day. Before I started on Core, I would never "drink" my points but I do better when I get my milk in and I also want to stave off osteoporosis. This morning I tried a yummy recipe I found on this site for "stuffed" french toast. It was a real treat and as I told Tony, so far I am enjoying the increased variety of foods I'm having on flex and still trying to keep my snacking healthy.

I wasn't very smart this afternoon though. I just couldn't stand all the weeds that have been growing in the garden so I pulled weeds for an hour. Not great for my back but I earned a couple of AP's and at least I can walk around in the garden without grumbling about the weeds! I stertched and iced my back afterwards and will continue to do so on and off this afternoon and evening.

Hvae a great one!
Judy
Old 05-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #24  

Judy,
Congrats on the loss and in doing so well at the restaurant! That can be very difficult, since they tend to give you what really amounts to 2 or 3 portions and call it 1.
I am going to look for that stuffed french toast recipe, that sounds yummy!! :P
How did you injure your back? The back is such a tricky thing, there is never a quick or easy fix to back trouble....best wishes in getting that better.
I spent some time starting a new flower garden with my boys today. They got flower seeds from their teachers for easter, so we started them inside and will move them out to our new garden next weekend. They are very excited about planting them.
Any tips on how to keep calluses at bay while using all of these gardening tools???
Darcy
Old 05-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #25  

Darcy - Here's a link to the stuffed french toast recipe. It was really yummy.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64314

I hurt my back in a car accident. I was rear-ended while sitting in traffic The garden sounds wonderful and I'm sure the boys will love watching the flowers grow. As for calluses - get yourself a good pair of gardening gloves at any garden center. I've always used them and I don't remember ever getting calluses.

Judy
Old 05-08-2006, 07:55 AM   #26  

Thanks Judy, I am going to look for a quality pair of gloves today...I think the old ones that I had are too thin to be of use.
I am going to try this french toast recipe this weekend, I think my family will love it too!!
Thanks!
Darcy
Old 05-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

is there a specific day we all weigh in on or just pick a day??? Kim
Old 05-08-2006, 11:10 PM   #28  

I want to say say hello to everyone and congratulate all the losses this week,, you all are doing super.. I have a long journey ahead but with slow and steady effort I will get there.. I started at 240 and down this week to 236! first goal is 225.. so hello everyone! Kim
Old 05-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #29  

sorry i had to adjust my ticker.. boo hoo..
Closed Thread