Old 05-01-2006, 07:17 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home, 5/1 - 5/7

Happy May!

Starting the topic - be back in a bit.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:21 AM   #2  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

HAPPY MAY to EVERYONE! I have not been around for a LONG TIME. I am back and ready to do this. I gained most of my weight back because I did not keep one or the other changes...and just threw caution into the wind and ate what I wanted with NO exercise. But today is the start of a new day...new month and we are now in TX in our new home. I have the treadmill in the livingroom (which I was on for 15 mins) and had a good breakfast. A little high on the points side for the morning but it takes me a little bit to get back into the swing of things and divvying up points and such. I am soooo looking forward to talking to you girls again!!!
Hope all are well and doing great on the WW!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #3  
I love WATP!

S/C/G: 169/165/135

So i'm assuming we come and post our weight for the week when we weigh in in this thread? (Sorry, stupid newbie question )

Okay ... well if so, this week i'm starting at 168 - a 1 lb lost from last week!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #4  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Welcome back Kelli! nice to hear from you again

Jamie - you can do whatever you want when you post your weight - if you weight today, post it today. You can come chat even if you don't weigh. Check out some of our earlier week's threads to see kind of how every one does it. there are no rules!!

I had a pretty good weekend - G'ma's surprise 83rd birthday party was Friday night and I'm happy to say that I only had a small piece of my mom's famous ooey gooey chocolate cake - that is heaven!! But, I did run 2 miles in 16:40!! I haven't done that in a while!

Saturday was kind of a relaxing day - did some laundry and got in a work out.

Sunday was my work day - while DH went to work, I mowed front and back yard and trimmed/edged both of them too - whew - i was tired but what a workout! I was out there for about 3 hours and counted it as 4 AP's...I think I'm being a little conservative with that...

DH even brought me home tulips and a new Rachel Ray book when he came home from work - how nice is that?

Official weigh-in day is Wednesday - looking forward to seeing some progress!!

have a great week!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #5  
Back on Program!

Hey everybody!!
KelliJo I have missed you!!!! Hope you are liking Texas and the boys are doing well also....

Well last Friday was a maintain for me. I don't really have any excuses. I just have to be more disciplined with my diet when others around me are not (ie: husband!!). I did get some exercise in which is probably why I didnt' gain.
I always start the day off great, excercise, sticking to the points, then somewhere mid-afternoon or evening I fall off the wagon and eat whatever I want.
We had 2 birthdays this week too, and my parents spent the weekend with us too. My youngest girl turned 8 years old.
Today I went to the gym, and have been painting the spare room which will be my youngests when we get it done. We need to paint our master bedroom too, as furniture for both is being delivered May 13th. Plus the yardwork never ends!! I feel your pain Emily! Although it does look so nice when it's done. I think I could be a gardener if I had the time, I just love to grow plants and keep everything neat looking............but it's impossible!!! LOL

I have to run to get the girls from school, I'll check back tonight!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #6  

Carla - I'm sorry about the whole procedure of checking your sugar levels but I applaud your attitude about the whole thing. Listen, we will lose the weight and I will get my good cholesterol up and you will get off the meds. WE CQN DO THIS!

Nikki - Ouch on the rollerblading but good for you for getting out there and getting such great activity in. I hope your knee and elbow are feeling better. I have a tough time on weekends too sometimes - mostlly on Saturday nights.

Tanya - congratulations to Gary! As far as the pizza last week - that tells you that you are no longer used to eating that way, so that's the "up" side! As for the binge - one of the things I TRYING to learn is to learn from my experiences. When I'm bored, I'm going to try to pick up the newspaper or pick up my knitting. Maybe you can use the experience to come up with a plan next time you're bored. We KNOW eating doesn't solve the boredom (but sometimes we just manage to do it anyway ;-)

Exquisitern - Welcome! You are doing great - keep it up!

KellyJo - it's great to "see" you again! Way to go on your new committment and for getting on that treadmill! The way I see it, we really have no choice but to :keep on keeping on" - otherwise those bad habits just come creeping back.

Jamie - welcome! No stupid questions here. Yes, we post our progress once a week although we all weigh in on different days. Then, we get here to give and get support whenever we can. WTG on the pound gone forever!

Emily - WTG on doing so well with the cake and for running at a great pace! I love flowers - our tulips are past their prime but the lilacs are blooming now.

Rachel - WTG on the maintain - always better than a gain! Hmmm, are you hungry in the afternoon, or stressed or bored? Do you have some good low point snacks around that you like that you can have in that "danger" time? WTG on getting to the gym.

I'm happy to report that I lost the 0.6 I gained a couple of weeks ago. I did NOT make my goal for April - I lost just 0.8 BUT at least I lost something and I am determined that I will meet my goal in May (3-4 pounds per month). My activity is basically limited to stretching my back and the activity points I earn with all the walking I do on a normal day. That's going to make it harder to lose the weight so I have to keep a close eye on the eating part of it. I got a new WW pedometer that I just LOVE. It not only keeps tracks of the steps/miles you walk but it also (based on the weight you enter) also calculated what it calls "all day" activity points (although I try not to eat them!) I've found it VERY motivating and have even found myself not saving up the things I need to get from the basement so I can just go down once - now I figure it will just help nme accumulate even more steps! I had a pretty good weekend although I did end up snacking too much Saturday night and used a whole bunch of weekly points (I follow Core).

My back has been very ouchy so I'm trying to be very careful with it. Even so, after a day in 1st grade, it was very achy after work. I do hope it heals soon - I really want to get back to getting in my fitness videos!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #7  
SLOWLY MELTING AWAY!

S/C/G: 199/168.4/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Good Day All! Well this week was good for me! Week 2 for WW's meetings! It was a 3.6 lb loss ladies! Feels great! I haven't been in the 170's for so so so long...about 2 years ago! My week did not start off all that well with eating ate all my flex points in the first 2 days; 2 days ugh and went way over this week in food! But my key was exercising, drinking water and my new job! You see I am a nursing student for those who don't know; through the school year & winter I sit on my behind for the majority of the day! Leaving me with lack of exercise & eating a lot of fast food! Now I got a job in a chinese restaurant; friends of mine. I havent waitressed in years. I really enjoy it, being around people & working for my friends! And some good tips alright! So my new job has me really hopping, I'm loving it! Getting me in shape and curves too! I did not get to go to curves today though because I slept in. Tomorrow morning I will go!

Kelly~Welcome Back!

Jamie~Welcome to our support group; I joined this group not to long ago and find it very supporting! This is the best one for me so far and I have joined a few others before!

Emily~Good job on the small piece of Heaven!

Rachel~I have the same problem as you, start the day off great and some how do not so good near mid afternoon-evening! I think awe I just want it so bad! And I feel so bad afterwards, I really dislike how it throws my mind into negativity mode. And Birthdays & social groups always seem to be a damper on the good old plan.

Judy~Congratulations on losing! A loss is better than a gain anyday! When we get discouraged it just seems easier to gain than lose. I Wonder why?

I wish everyone else a great week and take care!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:42 AM   #8  

Jenny - congratulations on a great loss. I'm a teacher and am on my feet most of the day and I think it's way better than sitting most of the day (which is what I did in my previous career.) Yup, losing anything is better than gaining and I'm encouraged for this month. Enjoy Curves today.

I had a pretty good day yesterday - my back felt better after the chiropractor and I iced in and lay on the floor to watch the Yankees lose to the Red Sox (blechy game!) I snacked perhaps a bit too much last night but it was all core and healthy. I was pretty sure it was because I was so uncomfortable - at least I didn't raid the house (basement) for some naughty things I know are down there. I've decided that until my back is better, I will count my back stretches (morning and evening and at least 2X a day) as my "workouts" - not for activity points but for my yearly tracking (my goal is 240 workouts this year). After all, it takes thought and time and committment and it helps me be more patient with helping the back to heal.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-02-2006, 11:39 AM   #9  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning girls! I just want to say thanks for the warm welcome back! Day two and things are going well. I have put off chocolate cake for two days (ok, really only one and a few hours teehee) but stuck TOTALLY to my points yesterday eating regular food. By that I mean, I didn't go out and buy a whole bunch of "diet" stuff but and trying to do this with most regular stuff that my whole family eats. I walked again on the treadmill this am but I am tired from getting up early again today. It sure is nice though having all that time to myself when I am done (to watch my soap in peace before anyone gets up LOL). I dvr'd an exercise program this am from fittv....to use later (maybe she seems a little crazy size 0 and all that energy--sharon mann, I think she is).
Tomorrow is kindergarten registration...and I can't wait!!!!!! I am off to take the boys outside before it gets TOO hot be back later!
Have a OP DAY GIRLS!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Exquisitern and Rose welcome!

Kelly - It's good to hear from you again. You're story - falling off the wagon and gaining most of it back - is my story, or should I stay stories? Congrats on getting started up again. And congratulations on avoiding that chocolate cake! It's good, I think, that you're trying to do this eating "regular" food. We have to learn to live in our worlds.

Jaime - Welcome and congrats on your loss!

Emily - Congrats on controlling the cake! That was quite the workout you got doing the yard work. And how sweet is your husband, bringing you home flowers and a cookbook!

Judy - Congrats on your loss. I know you'll meet your May goal - I can feel it!
I think you're right on the mark in counting your stretches as your workouts. They may not be the intensity that you want/like, but you're doing something all the same. The pedometer sounds cool. I'm curious - how many steps do you get in during a normal school day? I bet it's a huge amount. Good for you for not going to the basement for the naughty food. I know how watching a baseball game is a trigger for you!

Jenny - Congrats on a terrific loss! Sounds like you're enjoying your new job - good for you!

I'm joining Judy in posting a .06 loss this week. I'm tickled pink that I've been losing every week over the past few weeks. Slow and steady, and all that. Ana's First Communion was lovely and we had a terrific luncheon. I was to hear from my dr. yesterday whether surgery on Friday is a go or no go, but he didn't call. So I guess I'll have to chase him down today. The metformin seems to be helping with cravings and appetite control. Or maybe it's the watching my carb intake that's doing it. Or maybe both. At any rate, it's a good thing, whatever is causing it. I've been on the bike every other day. I know it's not the daily exercise I need to do, but I'm working up to it!

Have a great day.

Carla
287.6/274.4/145
Old 05-03-2006, 08:30 AM   #11  

KellyJo – Good for you for getting on the treadmill and getting up earlier to do it! I always found Sharon Mann to be so hyper but she does have one or two background exercisers who modify and I think that helps. I wish we still got FitTV – I used to love it and then are cable company Cablevision – grrrrrrr) didn’t renew the contract. Congrats on avoiding the chocolate cake!

Carla – congratulations on the loss and the fact that you’ve been losing every week! I’m glad Ana’s communion went well and you had a terrific lunch. She must have looked soooo sweet! I’m looking forward to Anthony’s on Saturday but a bit nervous about the luncheon as it is at an Italian restaurant. I’m so glad that your cravings and appetite control are improved = hey, whatever is working. WTG on getting on the bike every other day – yes, you still have to work up to more, but small steps are the way to go – if you jumped on and overdid it, you’d be hurting. So, my dear friend, please give yourself some pats on the back (here are mine [pat] [pat]) Thanks for the encouraging words about the stretches – I’m fighting off the feeling that I’m “cheating” by counting them. On an average day at work, I am always over 10,000 steps; somedays I can get up to 14,000 – 16,000 by the end of the day at home.

I had an OK day yesterday – I stretched and iced when I got home from the chiropractor and ate all Core things but I think I’ve been eating too much – both at meals and snacking. I’ve been thinking about doing a Flex Points week this coming week, beginning with Anthony’s First Communion luncheon. My leader (who follows core) does that when she is not listening to the “full” meter and her portions start getting larger. I’m hoping to do a gentle walk on the treadmill when I get home today in addition to stretching. My sneak peek was awful this morning – although my rings are tight (I’m sure from snacking on olives yesterday). Still, it’s a new month and I WILL get to my monthly goal!

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 05-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!!
Today's WI showed only a 1 lb loss but I'll take it! TOM is due any second and I thought for sure I didn't lose a thing. Stepping on the scale this morning was a sweet surprise.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #13  

Rose - a one pound loss is great under any circumstances (the weight loss tends to slow down after the first few weeks) and especially when TOM is due any minute!

I had a so-so day yesterday. My back was very achy after work so I went home and stretched and iced but decided that I would hold off on walking on the treadmill. I counted the points of my snacking (on non-core cereal) but decided that I snacked a bit more than necessary so to try to jump start a loss this week, I've decided that I can have ONE snack after dinner plus a glass of milk. My sneak peek was not great this morning but I did snack on some olives when I got home yesterday and my rings are tight. So, I'm going to try to avoid salty foods for the next few days, hold off on evening snacking and hope for the best. I'm subbing for the Reading teacher today which means a lot of walking (picking kids up and dropping them off at class) so I should earn at least 2 AP's today.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #14  
Back on Program!

Happy Thursday everyone!
Here I sit at the computer when I really need to be painting my daughter's room!! I have to finish it TODAY! DH finished prepping and priming yesterday while I was at work. I'm just trying to find my motivation.........
I went to the gym this morning even though I was feeling sooooo tired. I just did cardio today, no weights, and I yawned through the whole thing! Didn't sleep much last night, and work just makes me so tired, I feel like I need a full day to recover. But alas, life does not allow such things!

Judy---I hope your back is getting better! You don't have much chance to rest it while chasing elementary kids around all day! I find those injuries that take a long time to heal so frustrating---but keep up the good work and take care of yourself.

Carla--how's the accucheck adventure going? I have to tell you, even though I am a nurse and I have to prick fingers all the time, I HATE having mine done!!! Do you have a machine that requires less blood? My neighbor has one that is amazing, the drop she needs is so much smaller than the drops we need at the hospital. At any rate, I hope you are getting used to it. Keep up the motivation to get those levels down and get off the meds! At least you are not requiring insulin injections at this point, so keep up the good work. I know you can do it!!

Kelly Jo--how's your first week going girl?? So glad you are back.

Jamie--great loss! Keep it up!
Welcome to the newbies! You will love it here!

Next week I am facing a real challenge---Nurse's Week!! All week at work, different doctors groups and departments and equipment reps and such will be showering us with "appreciation"--ie: breakfast, lunch, candy, treats, all kinds of goodies! Judy you will be facing the same next week for teacher appreciation week!! I am there 3 days next week and I will try my best to be strong and make good choices. At the same time, we dont' get shown much appreciation the rest of the year, so I would like to enjoy myself!! Send me lots of willpower!! Of course I'll be posting again tomorrow since it's weigh-in day for me.
Off to paint the world purple....................
Old 05-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #15  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

well, i showed a 2-pound loss yesterday...followed by a full-day binge that has continued today...boo...

I'm planning on getting back on track for the rest of the week until my weigh-in next week...so until then
Closed Thread