Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 07:55 AM   #16  

What an awesome day! I didn't even realize how awesome till I tallied up my weigh in! I thought I only had a 2 ounce loss! But when I put it in the WW site it was awesome! I lost 1.2 pounds this week!!! I have not been able to say that in almost a month! Keeping better track of those points really does make a difference! Now once I get more movement into my routine... I can only imagine!

I was doing awesome with my weight loss before I tried to quit smoking the first time. I got myself down to like 159! I gained back 20 pounds the first time I tried to quit smoking... then I started smoking again. Then I quit again this last time I gained more weight! But in the end I will lose the weight and it will be 150 times worth all of the time and effort.

Judy - Congrats on quitting smoking too! I have heard it is an everyday struggle. Even after many years people struggle with the urge to pick it up again.

Thank you all for your prayers for my family. All of my family does appreciate it.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:21 PM   #17  
And where is the body?

Height: 5'7" - 170cm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMunday
Even after many years people struggle with the urge to pick it up again.
I can tell you it's not always the case. I quit smoking eight years ago and I have absolutely zero desire to light one up again. The stench gets to you.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #18  

Oh my goodness!! That smell is horrible! I can't stand being around people who smoke anymore. No offense to people who smoke. But it makes me sick! Literally! I never thought the smell was that bad... how my husband has delt with that for 14 years is beyond me!! That is just YUCK!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:06 PM   #19  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All,

This will be my last post of 2005! I can't believe the year has gone by so quickly.

Judy - I hope you're over your cold and having a good time at the beach. Get lots of rest - I'm sure you'll need it. Those kids will have tons of energy going back to school next week A 0.2 gain is nothing at all. Well done.

Carla - Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. I didn't have to do a thing except prep a few veggies and do a few dishes. We had a low key day and spent the afternoon at Mike's cousins. It was the first year I haven't spent Christmas without my parents, and the first having Jen away. She was a little homesick in early December, but all was cured when she started dating another teacher - he's from Kansas. They're taking the ferry to Japan today for New Year's!

Darlene - nice to meet you! You'll find lots of support on the WIAH board. How long have you been in Korea? My daughter is teaching English in Suncheon for a year; she's been there since August. I'm 44, and like you, know that I have to get off my butt and move to lose some weight. We're in the midst of a move to rural life. I'll be gainfully unemployed in 2 weeks and will have some time to plan some serious weight loss!

Gypsieladie - well done with avoiding all the goodies, and for tracking and journalling so faithfully. I'm sure you'll be rewarded at the scale on Friday. Where in Ontario are you? Nice to see another Canadian here.

Moon Jaguar - you have a good attitude about the gain. Smoking does stink. I'm a one or two cig per day smoker, and only ever outside. It still stinks.

Tracy - I'm so sorry about the tragedy in your extended family. What a terrible thing to happen. Congratulations on your loss this week.

Rachel - I'm so sorry for the heartbreak you're going through. I send you warm consoling thoughts. Be strong for your girls, and do try to eat. You need physical strength as well as emotional.

I'm only working half days this week, which is nice. I gave away all the chocolate I received to the residents at work, and only indulged in a few treats. On Saturday morning I'm taking the dogs up to spend New Year's with Mike. It will be nice to be living together again in a month. It's wierd trying to maintain two homes.

I wish each of you a peaceful, prosperous New Year.

Karen

Old 12-29-2005, 10:31 PM   #20  
Back on Program!

Default Just checking in

Hi everyone.
I'm sorry I have been so wrapped up in my own problems to respond to your posts. This is now day 3 of "better days" than before. I actually have an appetite now, not much of one but more than I did.
Tomorrow is my 11th wedding anniversary. John will be coming over in the afternoon to see the kids so I'm not sure how I'll be handling that. Maybe I will just go somewhere else while he is over. Not sure. Maybe I'll just take a xanax before he gets here so I won't care.
I am starting to think about finances and how to divide everything. I don't even know where to start. But for one, I have a friend in the mortgage business. She will help me try to keep my house. She also knows someone who just went thru this and there is supposed to be somewhere to help you fill out the paperwork yourself so you can aviod attorney's fees. I still don't want a divorce, I still love my husband, but I have to have some kind of game plan and I have to be prepared. So far he has shown no sign of coming to his senses. And the more stories I hear about men that have done this, the more I realize he might never ever come around. And I am a planner, and I need to have a plan. I feel better when I have a plan.
So I am planning for the worst.

Wish me luck everyone. Help me get thru my anniversary.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - I'm glad that your cold hasn't turned into bronchitis. By now you're at the beach and, hopefully, relaxing. I know how disappointed you are to not have met your exercise goal, but it was out of your control. Here's hoping for an exercise-filled 2006 for you!

Tracy - Congratulations on a great loss! I gained a bunch of weight when I quit smoking as well. Pretzel rods and penny candy are what got me through it. Of course, that was over 20 years ago and the pounds still kept creeping on long past the cigarette cravings....

Shanda - You're right, the cravings do go and stay away. I absolutely loathe being around cigarette smoke now.

Karen - It sounds like you had a lovely, stress-free Christmas. I'm sure it was a bit strange with Jen not being there. I hope she has a lovely time in Japan!

Rachel - I'm glad to hear you sounding better and glad to hear you've been eating some. I'm hoping that you take this afternoon for yourself. You can get in some me time and John can cope with the girls' questions, etc. on his own. Good for you for having a plan in place. When so much is out of your control, it's good to control what you can. And don't worry about not replying to our posts. We understand.

It's seemed like a long week - we've barely crept out of the house. I've been super lazy and have stayed in my nightgown into the afternoon. And Ana has been more than content to play with all her new toys. I think today we may go to a museum or two in the city.

I'll try to get on tomorrow, but in case I don't, best wishes for a happy and healthy new year to all of you.

Carla
Old 12-30-2005, 11:18 AM   #22  

Just a quick fly-by to say hi. I'll try to respond to everyone individually when we are back home tomorrow, except to say Rachel, I agree, you should have some "me" time today and good for you for taking some control and starting to plan! I will be thinking of you today.

We arrived at the beach yesterday and even though it was raininng, it was great to be back. We had a lovely dinner last night in Montauk, and I did pretty well. This morning my sneak peak showed a little bit down from where I was earlier in the week (although still up in the 160's though just barely - I WILL get back into the 150's again before I officially weigh in a week from Sat!!!). This morning we woke up to sunshine and it's in the mod-40's although it's windy. The beach is gorgeous and I plan on taking a little walk on the beach mid-afternoon. This morning I did a little pilates/yoga when I woke up before going into town for breakfast. We got our celebrity sighting (always a fun part of the Hamptons), the woman who was "too tall McCall" in "The American President" and the Defense Minister in the West Wing. The rest of the day will be Scrabble, reading and watching the ocean. Ahhhh.

Have a happy and healthy New Year!
Judy
Old 12-30-2005, 03:20 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cece

Tracy - Congratulations on a great loss! I gained a bunch of weight when I quit smoking as well. Pretzel rods and penny candy are what got me through it. Of course, that was over 20 years ago and the pounds still kept creeping on long past the cigarette cravings....
I know about those snacky things! They sure do help, but not for weight loss that is for sure! I am pretty much past the snacky part. I have been for a bit now. But sometimes I do get cravings still though. Now I just have to get my body moving and keep it moving to lose weight successfully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cece
It's seemed like a long week - we've barely crept out of the house. I've been super lazy and have stayed in my nightgown into the afternoon. And Ana has been more than content to play with all her new toys. I think today we may go to a museum or two in the city.
Sounds like the same way it has been here. The dreary weather sure does not help at all! It has made me so lazy! I can't wait to see some sunshine!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 10:58 AM   #24  

Hi all.

Judy - I'm glad to hear you're having a good time at the beach. Pretty hard to have a bad time at the ocean, in my book. Yay for a downward sneak peak. And I envy you the sunshine.

Tracy - It has been dreary. I'm more than ready for the sun to make an appearance.

We finally got ourselves out of the house yesterday and into the city. We spent a couple of hours at the Museum of Science and Industry and then went to the zoo, which is decorated in holiday lights for the season, with special activities for kids. It was lightly raining the whole time, so we didn't stay long. We did get to see penguins and lions, though. Then we met my BIL and SIL at an Ecudorian restaurant and had a terrific dinner (and a couple of terrific pisco sours for me). I'm glad we did all that walking around first! No plans for tonight - just a quiet evening at home, perhaps watching a couple of movies.

Have a safe New Year's eve.

Carla
Old 01-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #25  

Who put those curves in the road? At least I'm down 3. Yeah! Hi Merrylegs. I'm in Hamilton where it has been raining for almost a week. Very unusual, as this is usually a snowy month.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:34 AM   #26  

Gypsy - Congrats on a great loss! We're over on the thread for this week. Come join us!
Closed Thread