Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 08:34 AM   #1  

I checked last week's thread to see if there's any catching up to do but I figured I'd start this week's and catch up a little later. I bit the bullet and went back to my meeting - the result - I gained a pound - less than I thought so I was happy. I had a blast at the meeting (we always do it's such as great group of people) and got some needed motivation. We saw my stepdaughter and grandson on Saturday-gosh he's getting so big - we went out to Wendy's and I did OK but even though Tony told the woman 3 times that I wanted the chicken caesar pita with dressing on the side, you guessed it - it came with dressing. I did my best and only had a couple of fries so I count it a victory. I strayed a little at dinner on Saturday night but we had a great night out with my parents. I didn't go nuts though. I had a good day yesterday - Tony and I played tennis for 50 minutes and I ended the day with 2 activity points in the bank. Next Monday is my video filming trip and I won't be where I wanted to be scale-wise but I'm going to push for a good result for this week and then start working on my goal of feeling better in a bathing suit at the pool in June and the beach in July.

Judy
163.6/158/135
Old 05-14-2001, 11:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone -

Jennifa - It's amazing how fat and calorie laden a salad can be. You're right that you can get a whole lot of other food for the points in some salads.

Holly - When you discover how to stay OP when you're really busy, let me know, ok? That is one of my biggest hurdles and I've not yet crossed it.

Judy - I'm sorry to hear about the gain, but am glad that it's less than you thought. I'm glad that you went back to your meeting and enjoyed it. Gosh, I hate it when people can't get food orders correct. That happens so much.

I got what I wanted this morning - a maintain. Two weeks of holding my own. Now maybe I can get my act together and post a loss next week. I did pretty well at the brunch yesterday. I took small portions of the foods that interested me, skipped the foods that didn't, and as much as I wanted to, kept from having seconds on dessert. For dessert I just took four little minature things, a cookie, a miniture napolean, etc. One I shared with Ana and one I didn't like so I only had 1/2 of it. I enjoyed what I ate, but when we were done felt comfortably satisfied, not stuffed. So I'm pleased about that. I'll try to get do some weight lifting tonight. Ana had a rough night last night, so I didn't get up early today. I have huge amounts of work around the house and it must get done before Ana's birthday party on the 26th. So, I'm going to try to get my exercise in when I can, but I'm not going to stress out over it.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
260/140
Old 05-14-2001, 02:42 PM   #3  

Jennifa – it’s amazing how fast food places can take a perfectly good salad and add all kinds of high fat junk to it, isn’t it? As for the gardening points, it depends on how strenuous it was. Unless you were digging holes, I’d say gardening is about 3 points an hour.

Holly – yup, it’s very hard to to stay OP when things are really busy. I’m not great at staying OP when eating out although I’m a little better than I used to be. When things are really busy, Tony & I fall back on a relatively quick meal at home – pasta, jar of sauce and if I can I throw some frozen veggies and a small can of kidney beans it – it’s balanced, quick and we both like it. Although I’m not generally a fan of frozen dinners, have you thought of getting some of those so you have them on hand when things are crazy? Yup, the knitting has helped. BTW, you’re getting pretty close to your 10% aren’t you? I hope this week ios a little less crazy for you.

Carla - way go to on the maintain! It sounds to me like that brunch was a victory! Not walking away stuffed, not finishing a dessert that wasn't great and not going back for seconds! Have you given yourself the huge pat on the back that you deserve for that?? I hope so. I'm sorry Ana had a bad night last night. Do what you need to do for the 26th and get in what exercise you can. Stress will not help you to stay OP! I know the feeling - we're babysitting for Anthony on the 26th and having friends over on the 27th. I'm away next Mon - Wed on the video taping trip and I'm hoping to straighten up the house and get everything done for the trip this weekend. What we need is 8 days in a week - that's 3 on the weekend, mind you!

Last edited by JudySP; 05-14-2001 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:08 AM   #4  

Default Sounds like we all did pretty well over the weekend

I did ok at the reunion we hosted-just 1.5 points over for the whole weekend then blew it yesterday by eating most of a small box of Hallmark candy. No, my kids and Dh didn't give it to me, but it was a thank you from a friend. I KNEW I should have set it in front of the kids when I got it and said "have at it" LOL. OH well, had 5 good days and one backsliding, back OP today.

Carla-I sure do remember how hard it was to be a working mom and to work out also with small ones at home. Luckily my kids are all sleeping thru the night now. Just do what you can and it DOES get easier.

Judy-I would love to be going on the video taping trip with you! There was just no way to swing the airfare and child care, but someday........... Christi Taylor is my absolute favorite
Old 05-15-2001, 09:45 AM   #5  

Hi everyone.

Judy - I hear you on the 8 days! Sounds like you have a busy weekend the 26th and 27th too. Thank goodness it's memorial day weekend. Where is the video taping trip?

Leslie - Sorry to hear that the box of candy got the better of you. Sounds like you did really well over the weekend though. I sure hope it does get easier. I keep thinking if I just had a couple of weeks to get everything in order....

Well, Ana and I both had a better night's sleep last night, which is good. It is definitely much harder to withstand the stress here at work when I'm exhausted. I also walked to the train station this mornig. It's only a 15 minute walk, but every little bit helps. I had a great OP day yesterday. I actually ate one point under minimum - not on purpose, but just didn't want to eat any more later in the evening to get that point in. I made dinner, in as much as heating up a Sara Lee Chicken and Dumplings entree and some veggies for the three of us is making dinner. My goal this week is to make dinners at home every might with what's on hand. It won't be fancy - tonight will be Lloyds BBQ chicken - but it also won't be take-out. I'm really going to work towards pulling out a loss for this week, despite having a wedding to go to on Saturday and a pot-luck dinner at Ana's daycare on Sunday.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 05-15-2001, 09:55 AM   #6  

Leslie - sorry to hear about the slip with the candy. The important thing is that you get right back OP which is what you are doing! Yes, I'm very excited about the trip - I'm lucky in that it's only a 2.5-3 hour drive.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I did a run/walk, some upper body strength and a short yoga tape yesteray which earned a bunch of activity points. We ate dinner on the late side again and then I helped Tony create a spreadsheet for work (otherwise he would have had to work even later than he did) so that cut into the evening snack time in a big way - the bottom line is that I banked 1.5 food points (!) and upped my banked activity points to 7.

Better get back to work - it's going to be a busy day,
Judy
Old 05-16-2001, 12:51 AM   #7  
cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

Sorry, everything has been so incredibly busy!

I weighed in Monday am at 197. Holding.... had a bad weekend. Went to a baby shower and I have no dates
for way too long... was difficult... add champagne... off program. Some dolt took a polaroid from a seated
position of me measuring the pregnant woman. NOT flattering at all. Luckily another woman was my hero
and the photo mysteriously disappeared. It was unflattering for everyone in the photo. Good riddance, I say!

Back OP on Monday, though. And today went up and down BIG flights of stairs MANY times, also
walked to lunch and dinner and kept it very light.

Judy, I am sorry you gained a pound, but it is only one pound and to me that is just not enough to flip over,
even though it may be a big deal for you, I know you have been doing well and it looks like you are right
back on track. You can do it!!! You are workout woman!! Go go go!

Cece, a videotaping trip? what's that?

SOOOO BUSYYYY!!! More later!!!

And stay OP, y'all!!

jennifa
207/197/170
Old 05-16-2001, 08:05 AM   #8  
Determined Chick!

Hi group! This is just a quick post to note my weekly results -- I'll be posting from work this AM (but if I don't get in the shower, I won't make it to work this AM :-Z )

In the upset of all upsets, I actually lost 1.4 lbs in the last 2 weeks! It is really more of a .4 loss, as my last weight-in was a 1 lb gain, but my total loss is now 16 lbs :-D. I'm very happy with it, and feeling *very* motivated as I am now 3 lbs from 10%.

I went overboard late last night with those darn Skinny Cow ice cream sandwhiches (the same ones I said I'd never buy again). I had 3 of them between 10 and Midnight. I haven't totalled the damage yet, but it is about 4-6 pts over my allotment (sp?).

Posting again in a bit...Holly
Old 05-16-2001, 10:07 AM   #9  

Jennifa - I think the 197 means that you lost 2 pounds, right? That's great. Good for you for getting back OP after the shower. Thanks for the encouragement - I'm not flipping over the pound, actually I was glad it wasn't worse! The video taping is the trip I'm going on next week. A group of us who know each other from the videofitness site have been invited to see Christi Taylor (one of my favorite instructors) file two fitness tapes. It's a great group of people, lots of fun, and we'll be taking a class with Christi too so at least one of those days, I'll be working out.

Holly - Congratulations on that great loss! You are so close to your 10%. You go, girl! The skinny cow things are 2 points each if I remember correctly. You'll work those points off - just be sure to get right back OP.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. No exercise as planned and while I snacked in the evening, I only went over by ½ point - and I still have 8 points in the bank (activity + food). I need to find out more about peanuts, health wise. Tony buys them in the shell and while they are high in points (10 peanuts = 1 point) I find that I really like them as a snack. They take a while to eat (getting them out of the shell) and they are very satisfying. The bag says no cholesterol but 2g of saturated fat but I think I heard of a recent study saying how good they are for you health-wise. I have to do a little research on the web.

Judy
Old 05-16-2001, 10:35 AM   #10  

Hi everyone.

Judy - Sounds like you're on a roll with banking food and activity points over the last couple of days. I think in general nuts are considered a healthier sort of snack. If I remember correctly, the Prevetion Millenium diet encouraged eating nuts a few times a week. I'm sure though that there are differences in the types of nuts in terms of how beneficial they are. But they do taste good, that's for sure.

Holly - Congrats on your loss and on being so close to making your 10%! Skinny Cows are 2-3 points depending on what type you get. I have to keep mine in the deep freeze downstairs so I don't get into them too often. Otherwise, I've also been known to polish off 2-3 in one night, especially right from the grocery store when the cookies are crisp and the ice cream soft. They are delicious, but dangerous.

Jennifa - Congrats on your loss this week. Sorry to hear you had a bad weekend, but you did the best thing in getting right back OP.

I had another great on program day yesterday. I ate at minimum points and didn't even feel like snacking last night (a strange and unusual occurance, to be sure). I'm going to try to stay close to minimum the rest of the week (but I'm not going to stress about it if I don't) to perhaps jump start a nice weight loss and to give myself a cushion for the weekend (wedding and pot luck). I got another short walk in yesterday when I went to pick up some lunch. So now my challenge is to string together 3 OP days in a row. Wish me strength!

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 05-16-2001, 01:01 PM   #11  
cookies are for browsers

Thumbs down

Carla, you can do 3 days OP. Just keep reminding yourself how bad you want it!

Judy, wow! A videotaping trip! Good luck, I know you will be a star!

I don't know what Skinny Cows are and I don't think I want to know. I did look for them at the grocery the last time I was there but couldn't find them. Are they ice cream bars?

I DID find chocolate chip rice cakes - 1 point each. Not bad, not bad at all.

Gotta get back to work, hope you all have a really great OP day!

Jennifa

Last edited by jennifa; 05-16-2001 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2001, 04:06 PM   #12  

Carla - thanks for the info on nuts. It's been nuts here today so I haven't had a chance to do any research. Way to go on having a great OP day yesterday. Do you have any idea of why you didn't feel like snacking last night? Can you bottle it and send some my way? Here's some {{{{{{{{{STRENGTH}}}}}}}}} surrounded by hugs! I know you can do 3 days in a row! Did I miss something? Who's wedding and what pot luck?

Jennifa - I had to laugh - I'm not going to be in the videos that are being taped - a group of us are going to watch the taping. Still, it's a lot of fun and we'll get to work out in a club with Christi. There's also lots of laughs and good friends - lots of food too although there are a lot of health and weight conscious people there so that's a help. Skinny cows are like ice cream sandwiches only round and lower fat. They are yummy! I've found mini rice cakes that are chocolate with a few chips thrown in - there's something like 7 minis to a point I think. Very good - only thing is I have to be sure I don't eat the whole bag!

May I brag? I've been patting myself on the back today. There was a baby shower at 9:30 this morning - bagels, danish, strudel - very tempting. I went in to the conference room armed with my lf yogurt and coffee and didn't have anything else. The leftovers have been available all day long (outside the conference room which I pass about 10 times a day) and I still haven't had any and I'm not going to! Small victories my friends, that's what we need to string together!

Judy
Old 05-16-2001, 06:31 PM   #13  

Jennifa - Quaker Oats puts out very good popcorn cakes at 1 point a piece too. I haven't bought any in awhile - I should stock up. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Judy - Of course, you may brag. Terrific job going to the baby shower with your own treats and then passing up the goodies all day! I really don't know why I didn't feel like snacking last night. Perhaps because I had ate a lot of high fiber during the day and was really full, but that hasn't stopped me before. I did have a small cone from McDonalds on the train ride home, so I had my sweet for the day. Thanks for the hugs and encouragement! Saturday we have a wedding to go to - someone John used to work with. Sunday is a potluck at Ana's daycare. I'm not getting too worked up about either event - I think I'll easily be able to limit myself to small tastes and the wedding is a buffet, so that makes it easier.

Have a good evening.

Carla
Old 05-17-2001, 08:59 AM   #14  

Carla - I'm glad to hear that you're not getting too worked up about the weekend. I'm sure you'll do really well at both.

I had a pretty good day yesterday even though it was an annoying day at work and I started feeling very hormonal - the only way I can describe it is very PMS'y - I felt like I was going to explode. I came home and did a yoga tape - which made me feel a little better. I ate my max points but didn't go over - I had some Kashi later in the evening (I feel like I need more fiber) and I think it helped fill me up nicely. So far I'm doing well this week - I just hope it shows up on the iron monster on Saturday morning!

Judy
Old 05-17-2001, 11:39 AM   #15  

Judy - I know exactly what you mean about the "going to explode" feeling. I think I may be reacting in reverse to the stress here at work - rather than it making me eat everything in sight, I'm beginning to lose my appetite. A welcome turn of events as long as it doesn't go too far. I did snack some last night and banked just one point, but I really don't feel the need to be stuffing my face all day. Of course, lately I've been in this one good week, two bad weeks cycle in terms of being OPand my struggles with it, so I could just be in my good week. We'll have to see what next week brings. Sounds like you're in good shape this week. Good for you for working out your stress with yoga.

3 good OP days under my belt - working towards of 4th. I'm a bit worried about today as I was running short on time and ended up grabbing a donut on the train. I have the points for it, but sometimes a donut will be a trigger that sets me off on a feeding frenzy. So far, so good, though. I walked to the train station this morning, so I got a bit of exercise.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Closed Thread