Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 08:47 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 4/14 - 4/20

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 04-14-2003, 09:04 AM   #2  

Carla - Good luck on the job. Is it a full-time job? 1/2 drive is much better than a hour commute on the train. Good luck on it. Is it really 4.5 years?? I was thinking about that over the weekend - I can't wait!

I had the commute from he** on Friday night. The train I was on broke down and instead of the commuter train ride taking an hour, it took 3 hours so I got home 3.5 hours after I left! Thankfully, everyone on the train had a (somewhat morbid) sense of humor so there were a lot of laughs with all the waiting and aggravation. In any case, we didn't eat dinner until about 9:00 and then I got a second wind late so I ended up staying up way later than I planned. I opted to get up and exercise instead of going to my meeting so I'm reporting last week's numbers. I should get TOM any day now and it will be nice for the sweet and salty snack attacks to leave. I was so-so over the weekend - could have been better and could have been worse. I did get exercise in both days though it addition to some gardening - the weather was sunny and starting to warm up yesterday. I hope to get out today at lunch.

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/155.2/135 and 70/240 workouts

Last edited by JudySP; 04-14-2003 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-14-2003, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - I've had a few of those commutes home and they bite! I'm glad everyone was able to keep their sense of humor. Nothing worse than a car full of people grumping. Sounds like you had a good weekend, especially exercise-wise.

My weekend was like Judy's - could have been better, could have been worse. The Brazilian grilled-meat restaurant was really good - lots of variety. It would be an Atkin dieter's dream. They do cut small portions of the meat so you can try a lot of different cuts, but still it's a lot of meat. The salad bar was nice, not a lot of creamy fatty stuff - mostly fresh veggies and some cheeses and cold cuts. I did pretty good at the salad bar. No exercise this weekend though, my knees and ankles were so stiff. It's sunny and warm here today so I'll be getting outside in a bit with Ana - maybe I can sneak a walk in.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-15-2003, 09:36 AM   #4  

Good morning all - a quiet Monday on the thread!

Carla - I'm glad to hear that you did well at the Brazilian restaurant - one of these days I'm going to try one of those. Sorry to hear about your knees and ankles. I hope you can get out today and walk with Ana. I don't know about what your weather report is but we're supposed to get into the 70's today.

I did OK yesterday. I went over my food points by 1/2 point but I earned a few points doing about 40 minutes of a step tape. TOM is still in the wings and I wish it would just get here so I have a chance of a decent weigh-in on Saturday. My goal for the next two days is to save up a bunch of food points and some activity points. Passover starts tomorrow evening. My mom is having a seder on Thursday which is why I need the banked points.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-15-2003, 01:52 PM   #5  

Hi all.

Judy - First of, a blessed Passover to you. I'll be sending you positive vibes for saving points for the seder. Will latkes be involved? If so, what time should I be there? :-) Actually, I'll be busy preparing for our Easter dinner, which I am hosting this year. 15, possibly 16 people in a small house. What was I thinking? Oh well, it's an easy dinner to do - stick a ham and some potatoes in the oven and you're almost done.

We're in the 80s again today. It's supposed to cool off tomorrow, but I'm enjoying this while I can. I didn't go for a walk yesterday as my ankles and knees were still bothering me. I did hop on the stationary bike today. It was good to be back in the saddle again. I'll be doing some moving cleaning the house too, so I'll be getting lots of activity in. I have my bad ankle in a brace, so hopefully everything will hold up well. I've been guzzling water because my rings have been tight and my sneak peeks have been horrifying. Not much hope for a good weigh-in tomorrow, but truth be told, I don't deserve it. Too much sampling of Easter candy. Damn those Robin's eggs.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-15-2003, 03:17 PM   #6  

Carla - whoa, 15 or 16 people is a lot of work. I'll bet the bike will help your ankle and knees - sort of keep them a little looser. Well, at least that works for my arthritis. Thank you so much for your Passover wishes. Nope, no latkes for this holiday (that's for Hanukkah in the winter) BUT, my mom may be making a potato kugel which although it isn't fried, is a yummy potato mxture that's baked (but with a decent amount of oil in the bottom of the pan!) The challenges of Passover include: matzo (no bread and regular matzo is 2 pts a board!), charoset (chopped apples and nuts mixed with a little red wine that's supposed to represent the mortar that the slaves worked with - the apples are point friendly, but the nuts are not and I can eat tons of this stuff!), my mom's yummy chicken soup and matzo balls - not bad pointwise but it all adds up, AND although there aren't any chocolate easter eggs there is my mom's Passover nut cake and various chocolate covered things like jelly rings, chocolate covered matzo and macaroons. Like I said, I need to save points for Thursday! It's warm here today too and supposed to be 80 tomorrow but then fall back into the 40's for Thursday - really crazy weather!!
Old 04-15-2003, 09:08 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi all...

Sorry I haven't been around much...between my new albeit temporary position at work, and taking two courses on top of that, I've been negligent about checking in and it's starting to show. I almost fell over when I saw the scale this morning! I must do better or I'll weigh a ton before I finish school...and I've only just begun.

Judy - a blessed Passover to you. Sounds like you have some major challenges ahead in the food department.

Carla - the Brazilian restaurant sounds great. Hope you got some exercise in and are enjoying the nice weather. Just remember as you munch those robin's eggs that you should always heed Karen's advice around holiday candy!

I'm soooo envious that you two finally get to meet. You've been the two cornerstones of this thread for so long. How I wish I could show up in Chicago too. I know you'll have tons to talk and laugh about.

Must get back to the grindstone...

Karen
Old 04-15-2003, 09:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

First let me wish everyone either a wonderful Passover or Easter.

Judy good luck with Passover. My daughter's school always host a Seder meal and I have to say for my points I am glad I won't be able to attend this year. I am jealous of your weather. We had beautiful sun last week and then got 3 feet of snow on Sunday. My bulbs were all getting ready to bloom it would have been my first Easter with Dafs and tulips.

Carla, The Robin eggs do me in too. I thank goodness have not bought any Easter candy yet. It looks like the Easter Bunny will probably be bringing jelly beans this year. My sister is coming up and her kids usually get Fruit Loops in their eggs. She doesn't know how much longer she can pull that off. good luck with the gang that you are serving.

Karen, I totally understand how hard it is when you aren't checking in. I am sure you will be right back on track.

My sneak peak wasn't to good today. I haven't been journalling and I know that I really need to get back to that. Did any of you see the show on Discovery Health, I Lost It? I only caught part of it, but there was this woman who lost 63 pounds doing WW. This evening as I want to snack I keep trying to remember her. She was impressive.

Enjoy your evening and I will check in tomorrow.
Anne
Old 04-16-2003, 02:56 PM   #9  

Hi all.

Judy - Well, I guess it's a good thing latkes aren't served at Passover as there certainly is enough temptation without them. It all sounds yummy. Well, everything except the chocolate covered jelly rings. I'm not big on chocoate and fruit together. Sounds like our weather is travelling east. We were in the 80s on Monday and Tuesday and back in the 40s today. I just hope it's warm on Sunday so the kids can play outside.

Karen - I'm glad you could check in. I figured you were keeping plenty busy with work and school. And yes, ma'am, for future holidays I will follow the Karen rule of candy buying. :-) I wish you could come out here next week too. Someday we'll have to plan a weekend somewhere.

Anne - We did the sunshine and then snow thing last week. Very frustrating. Froot Loops in the Easter eggs - genius I wish I would have thought about that when Ana was younger. I'd never get away with it now.

Well, the trip to the scale was truely awful. I'm up 2.2 pounds - higher than my starting weight. So, it's a new starting weight and a new start for me. I can't believe I've wasted all this time playing around with this program. If I could just string a few good days and then a few good weeks together. On the bright side, I hopped on the bike again this morning. One good habit breeds another, so if I can just stay on the bike....

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-17-2003, 10:10 AM   #10  

Karen - Sorry to hear that things are so busy for you. At least they are busy for good reasons, right? We've missed you but I know how hard it can be to check in when things are nuts. Are your journalling though? I find that if I do nothing but journal it can keep me OP enough so I don't do damage during those crazy times. I can't wait to meet Carla - I couldn't believe it when she wrote how long we "know" each other! I wish you could come to Chicago too. We've "known" each other for a long time too!

Anne - Well, don't be too, too envious of our weather because even though it got up to the high 80's yesterday (!!) it's in the low 40's this morning and not going any higher. Very bizarre weather this year. I'm sorry your bulbs aren't going to bloom for Easter. I wonder if they will still be OK after the snow melts. We had snow a week ago (although not 3 feet!) and I was worried about my daffodils but they are blooming now. Good for you for not having bought any Easter candy yet. Thanks for the Passover wishes. I'm trying to eat very low point today, plan on exercising at lunch and am looking up the points for everything tonight. I didn't see the program you mentioned - we don't get Discovery Health on my cable system - I wish we did - there have been a number of programs I've missed on that channel.

Carla - I'm sorry about the gain. How about thinking of it like this. Easter is about rebirth in a way, right? Well, if not, then spring is. So that's what's happening - it's a renewal, rebirth, re-whatever of your committment and your getting the weight off for good. Please don't let the weigh in throw you. You CAN do this and you WILL do this. Good for you for getting on the bike. You have been pretty consistent with exercise so here is one great big PAT ON THE BACK for you! Oh, and the {{{{HUGS}}}} will be in person next week!!!

I had a so-so day yesterday. I took a mental health day from work. Tuesday night I went to bed at a decent time but just couldn't fall asleep. I was awake until at least 1:30 am (I went to bed at 11:30) and then after I finally fell asleep, I woke up with night sweats (darn hormones!) I was so tired when I got up that I called in sick. I was pretty bleery eyed for most of the day. Tony and I ended up going out for a late lunch/early dinner (long story). I had grilled chicken (on a roll - last bread for a week) but it had melted mozzarella that I didn't tell them to hold and I also had fries. At least I skipped the light beer which would have added even more to points! I did end up having some matzo last night (I think I missed have a seder to go to for the first night) so I went over by a point or two. I'm not in as good shape bankwise as I'd like - only 2.5 but I'm going to exercise at lunchtime and am eating really low point until the seder. I finally got TOM yesterday so my sneak peek was not nice this morning (2 pounds up from my last official weigh in) but I hope to recover and squeeze out a maintain for Saturday.

If I don't get on again before the weekend, I hope everyone has a Happy and Blessed Easter.
Judy
Old 04-18-2003, 09:26 AM   #11  

Good morning all. We had a great time last night at my parent's house. I didn't do too badly - I figure I ended up going into the points deficit hole by about 4.5 points - not ideal but certainly not as bad as I could have been. There were a number of salty foods last night so my rings are tight and my sneak peek wasn't great but I am hoping to guzzle a lot of water today and try to eat closer to my minimum. I plan on weighing in tomorrow morning even if the news isn't good because I won't get to my meeting next Saturday (because I'll be in Chicago).

I'm in the office today so I'm not sure if I'll get any exercising in. It's in the 40's so it's too cold to take a walk at lunchtime. Maybe I can get in some yoga when I get home before dinner.

This weekend shouldn't be too bad. I'm baking some cookies tomorrow for my fil's birthday (he asked for them) but since it's Passover I can't eat them so I'm not worried. Ditto for the cake Tony is getting for Easter at my sil's. She's making ham which isn't bad although it's salty. The only thing I really need to watch out for is cousin Marie's lasagne (1st course). I plan on getting some good activity points in on Sat & Sun and eating low point Sunday morning (although I have to work matzo brie in somewhere this weekend!) My plan is to have a piece the size that's in the food book (6 pts for a 4" x 2.5 " piece) and then have small portions of the main course items. I don't have to worry about the cake - just the candy that my sil will no doubt put out on the table. The good thing is that she always puts out fruit as well so I'm going to try to have some fruit and allow for one piece of chocolate.

Have a Happy Easter!
Judy
Old 04-18-2003, 11:00 AM   #12  

Judy - I'm glad to hear you had fun at the Seder last night. Sounds like you did a great job managing what you ate. Did you have the apple/nuts/wine dish? I've been thinking about that since you mentioned it - sounds so yummy. It sounds like you have a good plan in place for Sunday. And yes, you're right, Easter, as well as Spring, is about re-birth. What a great way of looking at it.

Today is a day of fasting, so I know I'll do well with points - and stay out of the candy - today. Actually the past two days have been better and those couple of pounds are gone again. Must have been water weight. Easter Sunday will, of course, be a challenge, but since I'm preparing the meal, I can control a lot of it. My mom is making the desserts and neither involve chocolate, so it will be easy to have just a small portion.

Have a Happy Easter.

Carla
Old 04-20-2003, 03:20 PM   #13  

Hi ladies,

Here it is almost time for next week's thread and I haven't yet reported for this week! Chalk it up to just being busy.

I maintained this week, which isn't bad considering all of the pigging out I've been doing. I don't know what is wrong with me, I look in the mirror and don't like what I see (or what I feel when I sit down -- stomach roll -- yech) but yet I keep sabotaging
myself with beer and food.

This week I am going to write down everything I eat, when things have gotten way out of whack before, that's always been a way to keep myself in line.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend, check in with ya later.

S.

166/161.5/135
Closed Thread