Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 07:33 PM   #16  

Carla - LOL about stressing about the food - you'll do fine with the pizza - plan ahead, get some exercise tomorrow and everything in moderation ;-) I think you're right about concentrating on staying on target although I told Tony that I was thinking about it if I couldn't stay on target and that him buying 2 pound canisters of cashews was making it harder for me. Sort of a veiled threat I guess but it really does make it hard for me to have that around the house, and he doesn't need it either! I was looking for a James Patterson book - I think there is a new one with the Alex Haley character but I didn't see it and there was a huge thunderstorm cell about 10 minutes away so I grabbed a John Sanford, Naked Prey, that I haven't read yet. I like murder mysteries when I want a good quick read. I can't decide if I'm going to watch the DVD of "Return of the King" which I have yet to open (I'm a huge Tolkien fan) or curl up with the book.

Either way, I'm going to bed early and getting up and doing a Power Half Hour workout in the morning. I'm really looking forward to meeting Anthony and Tony at the pool tomorrow (if there aren't more thunderstorms) but it means no exercise after work. I didn't exercise today - 5 minutes after I got home we had a whopper of a thunderstorm and not only did I not want to use the DVD during it, I was starving so we had an early dinner. What I really need is a good night's sleep; I haven't had enough sleep in something like 4 days and between that and the hot, humid weather, I'm really dragging. I WILL workout tomorrow though - who is going to join me (or do I have to put on the drill sargeant stripes and hat?????)

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 06-18-2004, 01:03 AM   #17  
Canadian, eh?

Hi all...

Just a quick check in before bed. I'm bagged. I've been weeding the flower beds for the last two hours...and I'm going to have to weed some more tomorrow night. I even got the bits of grass and stuff out of the cracks in the sidewalk.

Carla - I just developed a taste for bleu cheese this year. Now I love it. Try it with a little bit of roast beef; a devine combination! I discovered that at my parents' golden wedding anniversary; the caterers did a huge platter of tenderloin with bleu cheese...to die for. I ate far more than my share. I'm sending you : good pizza vibes! You'll be okay.

Judy - I'll be out for my 6 a.m. power walk, ma'am! Sounds like you're going to need plenty of resolve to come through the weekend unscathed...I'll be pulling for you. I'm a total murder mystery fan...have you ever read Ruth Rendell? She's my favorite. Unfortunately I find myself with very little reading time these days. Sigh.

I had a good day. Got in an early a.m. trip to the beach with the dogs, ignored cherry pound cake at a meeting, went out for lunch with the leadership group from work and had an asian salad, made a great dinner, and then gardened. Off for a quick shower to cool down, and then off to my nest. It's a very warm evening.

Have a good day!
Karen
Old 06-18-2004, 08:25 AM   #18  

Karen - congrats on the 6 am power walk. Quick question - I looked on ebay for what I thought was "the SBD" book (I'm still considering because I had another snack attack kind of night last night) and there were a few books - mostly recipe, I think. What book are you and Mike using?

Thanks,
Judy
Old 06-18-2004, 09:36 AM   #19  
Canadian, eh?

Judy, we started with the original book; we bought the recipe book last week & it has some terrific recipes in it - I'd recommend both. Look on Amazon too. It's going to be a scorcher here today. No particular plans for the weekend, other than yard work and (of course) veggie prep!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Karen
Old 06-18-2004, 12:24 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - I have to catch up with the Patterson books myself. I'm afraid to check one out from the library because once I sit down with one, that's it. I'm a huge mystery fan. Just love 'em. I'll echo you on a good night's sleep - I'm sorely in need of one as well. Between my slowly reverting back to night owl status, Ana's tendency to still wake up once in the middle of the night, and the cat's love of clawing my head, I can't tell when I last got a full, uninterrupted night's sleep. I hope you managed to get a good night's sleep last night. Have fun at the pool. Ana's loving her swim lessons, so I have a feeling we'll be hanging around the pool in the afternoons ourselve. Oh, and thanks for echoing back my words to me. I'm telling myself that with a couple of slices of pizza (more than enough to fill me up) and a couple of glasses of chianti, I'll be full, happy, and still within my points budget. And, uh, I think, um, that the, yanno, drill sargaent, is going to need to put on her stripes and hat for me.

Karen - Bleu cheese and beef is a marvelous combination. It's great in a burger or on a filet. Hmmm - I just bought some strip steaks to grill on Father's day. I'll have to remember to put out the bleu cheese. I've read Rendell, although it's been ages. I'll have to remember to put her on my "to get at the library" list, as I recall really liking her books. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished with your weeding yesterday. And like you had a great day food-wise. Good for you!

Other than pizza tonight, not much going on for us this weekend, for which I'm grateful. The local arts council has their annual art fair this weekend, so we might walk around there for awhile. There's always food there, but nothing that I can't say "no" to. I'm guessing we'll grill the steaks I bought for Father's Day, unless John wants to do something else. Other than that, a nice, quiet weekend devoid of too many challenges. I had a nice sneak peek this morning, so that's definitely a motivator. Now to keep it going until Wednesday! I'll try to check in this weekend. If I don't make it - enjoy!

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 06-19-2004, 11:17 AM   #21  

Well, I made it through the pizza dinner using only 7 flex points (and for that I got to swipe some of Ana's fries and enjoy a mini cannoli). Those 7 plus the five I used the other night leave me 23 in my back pocket. A good start to the weekend, I think.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:33 AM   #22  
Canadian, eh?

Excellent, Carla! Well done! Hope you have a great weekend. Steaks on the barbie for us tonight!
Old 06-19-2004, 02:05 PM   #23  

Thanks, Karen. Enjoy your steak!
Old 06-20-2004, 10:48 PM   #24  

Unhappy

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I haven't been around, this is the first chance I've had to post all week. Basically things were going well for the last two weeks, I'd even managed to lost 4 lbs! Unfortunately, the other shoe dropped late last Sunday night, my apartment flooded and because the damage is pretty extensive, my home is a total mess! On Friday night, I had a huge fight with my boyfriend, and we broke up, probably for good.
So, I've only been to the gym twice and I've been eating like it's going out of style. I'm expecting a gain tomorrow, but I'm trying to look at all this as just a bump in the road on my journey.
I hope everyone had a good weekend, and hopefully, as my apartment gets back to normal, I'll be able to post more.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Old 06-21-2004, 12:15 AM   #25  
Canadian, eh?

Rhonda, I'm so sorry you've had such a tough week. When things get tough, it's important to practice extreme self care. Be good to yourself! I hope you'll be firmly back on track again with us soon. Good for you for getting yourself to the gym! Let's join forces to make the coming week a good one.

Happy first day of summer, everybody! Have to go have a quick dip in the tub, then head off to my nest for some beauty sleep.

Karen
Closed Thread