Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 07:45 PM   #1  

Default Wanting to start weight watchers

Hello, My name is Denise and I would like to try the weight watchers program, and from what I have been reading I can have 20 points the only problem is I do not know what to eat and what the points are for foods.
How do I find out what foods points are?

Thank you
Denise
Old 05-18-2004, 11:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Denise -

Points are determined by a particular food's calories, fat grams and fiber grams. In order to determine points values, you will either have to join Weight Watchers either on-line or by going to meetings or by purchasing the at home kit. You may be able to find the formula in an archived post, but I really recommend that you get the WW materials. As far as what to eat, the simple answer is that you can eat anything you want to unless you stay within your daily point range or use some flex points or activity points. But realistically, you want to get the most nutritional bang for your points and WW certainly encourages a balanced diet. In fact part of truely being on program is eating 5 servings of fruits and veggies and 2-3 servings of milk or other dairy products a day. WW also has suggestions for how many points you should spend on protein, fats, etc. So, as you can see, getting ahold of the materials will really be a benefit to your efforts.

Good luck!

Carla
Old 05-18-2004, 11:39 AM   #3  

Hello, I checked the weight watchers site and do not see any home program to purchase. Do you know where I can get this?

Thanks again,
Denise
Old 05-19-2004, 12:32 PM   #4  

Denise,

You might have to do some poking around in sub-sections, like the "about the program" or attending meetings section. Or you can call their 800 number.

Carla
Old 05-24-2004, 02:03 PM   #5  

hi denise,
Once while i was looking through the treads i saw a formula someone gave on how to get the pts if you dont have the book. you can log into goggles and enter the following:
(Calories/50)-(fiber*0.2)+(fat*0.08)=

This will tell you how many pts something has and remember to round it off.

Good look!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/238/185

Height: 5'9

I got a point calculator for my computer from DWLZ. I downloaded it. Sandra
Old 05-31-2004, 12:09 PM   #7  

Hi, Haven't been here in a while, the point system is easy but remembering to write everything down is a drag for me. Maybe I'm in denial and don't want to see what I'm eating and why I'm not losing Anyway, Sandra, what is DWLZ? I would like to download a calculator? Thanks, Donna
Old 05-31-2004, 03:04 PM   #8  

Donna,

In the event Sandra doesn't get back here to see your question, I'll answer it. DWLZ is Dottie's Weight Loss Zone. If you've never been there, Dottie is a WW who lost a great deal of weight and developed a web site to help others. She has a particularly extensive listing of restaurants and their menu items' points. You can access it at dwlz.com. I've also learned about another website you can access to calculate points: sublogic.com/points

Carla
Closed Thread