UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #1  

Default Anyone just starting out?? wanting to start loosing them Pounds?

Hey everybody im new on here and I was wonderng if any one wanted to start a new diet with me and share info together ect ???

Thanks Lizzie
betty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/191/130

Height: 5'4

Smile I am just starting out too.

I just registered into this site 1/10/06. I don't know much about what diets are good or bad. I have a busy schedule with a 1 1/2 yr old. I also have a puppy in training. My husband just passed away so I am still adjusting to doing everything on my own. I am also a picky eater so I am trying to see if I can find healthy things that I like and that my son will eat also.
ShaddenA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:18 PM   #3  
Your Royal FATNESS

Hi,
im newish also...im doing the low GI diet so to speak...its actually a change in my eiating habits..which is a good thing..
Soory to hear about your husband
damejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/191/130

Height: 5'4

Red face

Any advice on a good diet that is somewhat easy to stick to? What is a GI diet?
ShaddenA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:35 AM   #5  

I started GI last week as well, lost 3lbs when I weighed yesterday .

It's quite easy to do but as with most diets you need to get a bit inventive so you don't get bored.

Basically 1/4 plate is meat (lean ham, chicken breast no skin, fish, pork loin), 1/4 is carb (40g basmati or brown rice, 2/3 baby new pots, 40g spagetti), and 1/2 is veg.

The basis is that you eat slow release food to keep you full (it's based on a diabetic diet).

I had a real problem with bingeing. I'm now finding it really easy to stick to as I'm re-training my body to register when I'm full, and that's most of the time with this food!

Sorry to hear about your situation Shadden. The web it is a great place to get support.
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #6  
Phasers on stun!

I'm new here. I just got everything I need from the grocery store today and had a nice low carb dinner.
Enterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:28 AM   #7  

Hi all, I'm new here also. Found the site a couple days ago and really like it. Doing South Beach and going through what I've read is typical (headaches, lightheadeness, moodyness) but my tummy is flatter and I'm proud that I've stuck to it. Been a week today, doing it alone now since my buddy quit after 3 days (she didn't like how she was feeling). Stick with it ladies!
CarharttGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:52 AM   #8  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Nice to see all the new faces here - everybody!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:25 AM   #9  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Hello everyone,

I would like to join your group, I'm not from UK, but I'm from EU, can I qualify?
I started my diet New Year's day, basically doing the old conservative way of counting calories and exercising. So far I have lost 4 pounds and my weigh in day is monday.
I'm basically trying not to eat more than 1200cals/daily.

ShaddenA, I'm so sorry about your husband.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:16 AM   #10  

I would like to Join you. I am not from the UK either, but have a Sister In Law who is English. I Just love her.
I am doing low carb and have already lost 4 lbs.
I am from Kansas. Oh yes I Joined here in 04, but am back now weighing in at 180, lost 4lbs, now 176.
Have a great day,
Shirl
Shirl2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #11  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Sounds like you both qualify to me - welcome ladies!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #12  

Hi...am new here too. If you are letting folks in who don't live in the UK.....I'd like to stop for awhile too. I don't live in the UK, but have been there and it's one of my favorite places. Wish I could come back, but the $ is just too weak right now.

Shadden, sorry to hear about your husband. I live in Nebraska too. Where in NE are you?
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:22 PM   #13  

Smile

Hi. My name is Lisa. I am starting Weight Watchers tomorrow. I hope that I will be able to adjust to counting the points.
fost40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #14  
the fat cat

S/C/G: 155/152.5/134

Height: 5.6

Cool hello

hello im new im from newcastle upon tyne, and im aiming to loose 28 pounds in 29 weeks. im going to kavos with my boyfriend tony , for two weeks and i wanna feel good. im doing weightwatchers anyone else doing it???? also i do tae-bo, does anyone else do it its so hard?????

i got weighed for the first time last night and i'd only lost 1/2 a pound in a week wasnt to happy.

any tae-bo fans give me a shout!!!

taloola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #15  
Gym'll fix it!!

taloola, I wish I was a taebo fan I bought the Billy's Bootcamp trilogy last year but I just can't get motivated to do them at all so they're gathering dust now with a host of others i'll let you know when I dare to try it again

Shadden, WeightWatchers is really easy and nothing is 'off limits' If you want chocolate, wine or beer thats fine as long as you keep within your points for the day Sorry to hear about your tragic loss
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote