Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 05:47 PM   #16  

Default [b]SIL[/b]

Just filled in the easter challenge on my Friday weight and was looking at your details.
Golly gee you must be slinky malinky already ?!?!
tell me more about yourself and your journey to this wonderful state you are in , pleeasse
common ,common and inspire us
Old 04-08-2001, 08:47 PM   #17  
snerdlet

Default Slinky Malinky?!?!?

Bee - you crack me up. I want to be a slinky malinky.

I finally got my house cleaned up and got all the laundry done this weekend, so I feel like I can be OP this week because I don't have to worry about my house. Isn't that funny - if my house is in order I feel like my life is. Once it gets out of control, my eating seems out of control. I sure hope I keep my house in order.

Anyway thought I would check in, say hello, and hope everyone is OP for the week. I will inform you on my progress if you tell me about yours..............

Pat

Old 04-09-2001, 01:43 AM   #18  

Default slinky malinky

How about a visual for that?

I had to reinstall my whole computer system today which kept me away from the food but sure used a lot of calories in frustration! The good side may be that I won't have so many crashes in MSN?!?

I weigh in tomorrow after my first week sorta OP. I hope it will be good news. I KNOW I have to drink more water, though. I have the breath of a rhinoceros!

Good Monday to you all,
Jody
Old 04-09-2001, 06:00 AM   #19  

Good Morning,

Well it is starting early. My 3yr old got up at 4:30a.m. I'll find some time to take a nap later or at least lie down and watch a movie with the kids. It's supposed to be a beautiful day.

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm here and know I'm not giving up. And I will get my motivation back. I think I'm going to stay away from the mighty scale for awhile.

Bee I'm with you. I will lose this weight.

Saturday I took my niece shopping for clothes for her birthday. I was in the dressing room with all the mirrors and realized I don't look as good as I thought I did. I've lost 20 #s and look better but have a long way to go. I often think I look better than I do until I see myself in a picture or a full length mirror. I'm in denial of just how heavy I am. Once my brother who is 6'3" said he was 250#s and I thought wow he is almost 300#s and at that time I was already probably 230#s. Oh isn't denial grand~lol.

In Dr. Phil's Life Strategies Book one of the strategies is Get Real. Well you have to admit it before you can do something about it. I admit it and I never say it because it's not nice but the truth is I'm fat and I'm going to do something about it.

Bee I'm with you. I'm going to lose weight! I'm not going to break any of my china! Especially since they discontinued my pattern four years after I started collecting it!

I have to run now my daughter is climbing all over me for her turn on the computer. She wants to play Barney.

Hope everyone has a nice day! I'm sure I'll be checking in later.
Old 04-09-2001, 10:04 AM   #20  
GARDENING ADDICT

[b]Happy Monday Morning All[b]

It sounds like everybody is trying to stay or get back on track. That's wonderful!

Dena~~~ You have your motivation back~good for you. Thanks for sharing your motivation.

Doxie~~~ I hope that you didn't get too much damage from the storm at your home.

Carla~~~ I love the chinese food icon~too cute!

Jenny~~~ Thanks for the complements BUT I have not been a good example lately. Since I updated my weight last Friday morning I have gained 3 pounds I just tried to go back to update this but something was not working with the database (?) and it said to try again later. I feel that I must take ownership of these extra pounds before I can lose them.

I am with you~~"here with renewed enthusiasm and rearing to go." We CAN do this!!!!

To answer your questions about me (and for the other new people): I am 47, married, one son (25), 2 dogs and 1 cat. I work on weekends as a charge nurse on a 42 bed cardiac unit and during the week I attend Horticulture/Landscaping classes. Gardening is my passion and my therapy.

I am 5' 3" and have dieted all my adult life. After my son was born, I became anorexic (not wanting to eat hardly anything). I can remember once when some friends of ours wanted to take us to dinner for helping them move. I sat in the car with my DH and CRIED because I didn't want to eat anything. I was down to 103 lbs at the time.
I began my WW program at home last Sept at the weight of 137lbs. This is the most that I have weighed in the last few years and wanted to get back into the clothes that I had worn just the year befoe. My goal is 120. So as you can see, it has been a very slow loss. But for the most part, I have been able to keep it off until the past week. It's because I haven't made the best food choices, didn't journal last week, and not getting enough exercise or water.

So, I am "Starting Again" (as our group title states) with more determination than I have had in the past few weeks thanks to all of your motivation, Jenny

I do not want to let myself or this wonderful group of ladies down. So, I will do my very best

Have a great day, everybody.
~~~Sil
Old 04-09-2001, 03:47 PM   #21  

Thanks SIL now I feel like I know you better. I understand what its like to feel overweight even if you have 7lb to lose. When i was putting weight on I was al in a panic when i gained 5 lb then it was devastating when id gained 10 and so it went on. My eyes water in disbelief that I actually got up to an all time high of 170. We all have our final straw (or pound).Im a keen gardener too. That and needlework are my hobbies.
Actually I'll stop there. What Im going to do is start a bio page where hopefully you will write down all about yourself. I think it will be so interesting and great for newcomers as they come along. What do you think?
SIL you could copy your message from this page there.
I notice there is others who use this WW at home forum but have there own postings.
maybe they will join in and tell us about themselves too?
Hope so

My day went well yesterday and Im feeling quite excited
Its our school holidays at the mo and Im taking my 9 and 16 yr old to the Easter Show today down in Auckland so i better get a move on.
Jenny
I feel you watching me so Ill be good
Old 04-09-2001, 06:32 PM   #22  
GARDENING ADDICT

Jenny, I think the eyeball is watching ME so I will be good The bio idea is great. I will go there soon and put mine on there too.
~~~Sil
Old 04-10-2001, 07:18 AM   #23  

Good Morning,

How's everyone doing? I'm doing better. Drank all my water yesterday. I got plenty of exercise raking and bundling sticks. Went over points but am in a good mind set to get below my limit.

My daughter had gotten up at 4:30 am yesterday and by the early evening I realized I had probably overdone it. I was in that mode where I couldn't stop myself just had to get the whole yard done now! My husband helped when he got home but I kept pushing myself. I was exhausted and I don't eat as well when I get to that point.

We got a wicked rain and Lightening storm right as I was finishing raking. Then we lost the light from about 11pm to 6am.

Well my daughter woke up today at 4:30am but because there were no lights I got her back to bed until 6:00am. Try explaining to a 3yr old that the lights, tv and computer don't work. It was humorous to say the least. I didn't sleep much though because her allergies are back and she slept restlessly in our bed. Need to get her to the Dr. so she can get back on her allergy meds.

So I'm going to take it easy today and then I go to work at 4pm.

I'll probably stop in later this morning from the library. The kids have story time.

Last edited by shashe; 04-10-2001 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:21 AM   #24  
Must Shrink.

What a great group of women! I am trying to lose 15 pounds. That would put me at my pre-children weight, where I felt comfortable. My highest has been 163 a couple of years ago when I was on Paxil, to help me cope with stopping smoking. I was so laid-back, I didn't care how much I weighed. Once I went of the med, I had the hard work of losing that weight. I've been OP for 3 weeks. Starting at 155, today I weighed in at 148. The first week I lost a lot. I really want to get to 135, that's where I was after I did WW before my 4th baby.

Easter this weekend, and chocolate and lots of food. It's going to be tough, with the week before my period looming too!
Old 04-10-2001, 11:12 AM   #25  

Lamorgan sounds like you are off to a good start. Welcome to our group. I don't think I've met you before. How old are your kids. My girls are 3 and 4 1/2. I'm at the library with the kids and have a moment while they are on their own computers.

I'm feeling better. Thank God for excedrin migraine medicine. It seems that now I get a severe headache that lasts for two days before my period. I've found that the only thing that works is the migraine.

Felt a craving for a hamburger this morning and almost did the well I'll go off today and have anything I want. But I weighed the burger and counted my points. Onward and upward or should I say downward~lol.

have a good day all.
Old 04-10-2001, 05:29 PM   #26  

Default LOST POST ... UURRGGHHH !!

I am sooo MAD !!!!
I just spent 40 mins writing a big long post (I'm slow as at typing ) and its gone (my attachment was too big and when I went back to my message it was gone)
I am now typing this in outlook so I will still have my message and also its quite good as I can easily refer to the posts at the same time. I often reply in a new window anyway if the list of messages is long.

Anyway you are now going to get a shortened version.....

WELCOME LOIS I read your BIO and you have lots in common with us here (everyone go and have a read and do yours )
You are doing so well already with your WW you'll be at goal in no time flat.

Everyone seems to be into there gardening at the mo. You have spring, and we have autumn ,and I have lots of cutting back and pruning to do. Maybe I will make a move today.I got some new Secateurs yesterday and they make it so easy (hopefully)
The Easter Show was Ok a bit slack. Good exercise anyway as we were walking around for 5 hours.

Whats the ingredient in your medication SHARON as I get migraines too and take Voltaren. Mine used to be wicked but if I get in quick they don't amount to much.Well done on resisting that hamburger. I make my own with an English muffin (2 points) and fill it with anything and its yummy

SIL have a look, that eyeball is watching you too are you being good?
I think I know you from somewhere else as Silbar?? Was it BCB?

Good grief Id better get off here or I'll be here all day!! your'll just have to read between the lines for all the wondeful stuff I had to share that is lost to cyber space forever

take care, Jenny
Old 04-10-2001, 07:09 PM   #27  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome to the group, Lois. It's always nice to have new people join in !!! It sounds like you are well on your way to attaining your goal.

Sharon~~~ Boy, are you a busy woman!!! I'm sure you burned up those extra points with all that yard work!! I know what you mean abot working in the yard though; time flies by and you find that you haven't stopped to eat or drink.

Jenny~~~I added my bio. That's a great idea, thanks! I've been to BCB but never posted anything there. Don't ya just hate it when it takes you an hour to type a post and then it crashes. (I'm a slow typist aslo)

Well, I've been under alot of stress lately with this recertification exam that I have to take on Thursday. I always stress over big exams and knowing that if I don't pass, I can be suspended from work just adds to the pressure. Once that is over with, then I can get back to spending my free time in the yard. I live on an acre and I'm trying to re-landscape several areas at the moment. Today was 87 degrees and the pollen count was through the roof.

Anyway, I've been very good this week. Right now I'm going to have a grilled salmon steak on a huge salad, so I'll talk to ya all tomorrow.
Thanks for all of your motivation, guys.
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 04-10-2001 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:49 PM   #28  

Default Hi!

Hi ladies, I'm still with you. Haven't been here for a few days, the time just gets away from me.

Sil.......starting over isn't so bad. I have too, and am on day 10 of being OP. It takes some determination doesn't it? You'll do it.

Jenny.......loved that eyeball, and I have to admit, I stole it. I won't use it here, but I will find a place for it. It's almost like "big brother is watching you!!" LOL
Your posts are so motivational, it helps!

Sharon......being without power is the absolute pits isn't it??? It's amazing how much we depend on that electricity, then when it's out for a while, wow, what a difference. Hope you didn't get cold, the TV, computer, that kind of stuff I can live without, but the furnace blower, that's another story.

Lois......welcome, see you are from Canada. Nice country. We visited last spring. The mountains were spectacular. We flew in to Calgary, rented a car, drove all over and then flew back out of Edmonton. Had a really good time. These ladies are very supportive.

Pat......thanks for the explanation of your name. I knew it had to be something like that.

Went to the Dr. yesterday, according to his scale, I had lost 2 lbs. Wish it was more, but I'll take it. I'll just have to work harder. I have been on my t/mill everyday and thought it would fall off. Needless to say, it hasn't. LOL Gotta run, want to watch Millionaire. It's in the newspaper tonight, they think someone from MI won the 2 million, plus! Can't comprehend that much!!!

TTFN

Last edited by Ellie; 04-10-2001 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2001, 09:48 PM   #29  
snerdlet

Default Howdy Partners

Welcome Lois - nothing like a new member to keep us on our toes. I like meeting new people....

I did absolutely terrible yesterday. I wanted to do so good but I didn't go grocery shopping over the weekend so I had nothing for lunch. So we went to Sonic where I had the "Oh my gosh it's a heartattack in a wrapper" BLT. So today I had to make sure I brought my lunch to work. I was within my points today, but it doesn't make up for yesterday.

I am going to check out the BIO page. Hope everyone had a great day!

Pat

Old 04-10-2001, 10:06 PM   #30  

PAT I missed the ? regards your name. Ive looked at our cats but I cant see a snerd Maybe its an orange tabby thing.
hahaha was your luch really called that?! and you ate it ?! that really tickles my fancy!!lol.

ELLIE feel free to use the eyeball whereever , after all I pinched it of someone somewhere myself
Great news on the 2lb!!

SHARON does your daughter get her allergies from all the pollen that SIL is talking about? It gives me sneezing fits.

SIL an acre is lots of land to have fun with and a lot to keep you busy. Do you have a pond? I do and love to sit and watch the fish.
I do cross stitch too and am working on a big counted one at the mo (the pictures called The Soul Of The Rose) but I'll never get it finished cos I keep getting distracted by smaller free hand type projects , beadwork and embellishing things is what I really enjoy!!
I made some yummy banana bran muffins for lunch today and I am going to be really careful as I dont want to look like this after easter, with all the temptations that will come with that.
Closed Thread