Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:34 PM   #1  

Default New thread for all of us newcomers!

Hey Gamma, Curvychick, Biochic, Butterfly and Disney and all you others out there lurking!

I thought I'd start a new thread in the hopes that we can all talk together instead of in the separate threads we have been. There's power in numbers!

I'm going out of town tomorrow, so talk amongst yourselves and I'll look forward to lots of fun stuff to read when I return!

p.s. Can you tell that I'm in a good mood? That's what a 2.6lb loss will do to you..........do you think we will feel like this ALL the time when we hit goal? Now THAT would be something to fight for!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:31 AM   #2  

ok I agree one thread is better.
I am Want2BAButterfly. I am 27 female. Married almost 3 years. We have a 5 year old. I am the queen of teenage rebel and a reborn again christian. I have been going to WW since Jan 2005 and I had 125 pds to go. (which I gained while pg) I almost have 25 gone. I have been struggling for the past 3weeks barely maintaining. I will conquer the weight. I WI at home with ww scale on friday mornings. I have faith this week that I will lose at least an ounce. I live on a farm across the road from my GPs my mother and uncle. We are a close family. My GM is an awesome cook which is why we are overweight. My feared food this past week has been pd cake and strawberries. One of my favs. I am having to build will power. I can't wait to hear about everyone. Thanks The Kids Mom for starting this.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #3  

Great idea, The Kids Mom! Hello to all the newcomers (and everyone else). I'm 29 and a grad student. I'm married, but don't have any kids--just a little dog (miniature pinscher), who is treated like our little kid. My husband and I work a lot, which means a lot of time in front of the computer. We're changing that, though by exercising every night. We make it a family event, and take the dog. The dog loves it and will remind us that it's time to go if we forget!

I've got 101 lbs to lose, and have lost 19.8 so far. My WI is today, and I may backslide a little because I didn't stay OP all week. But, this is a new week, and I'm trying to remind myself that I'm starting afresh. I'll quit rambling now. I'm anxious to hear from everyone else.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #4  

Hi Everyone,

I am 41, happily married. We do not have any children, it was not in Gods plans for us.

I have a 2 year old mixed breed dog we adopted from a shelter. (spoiled rotten). I have been a member of a health club for a few years, and manage to get my 30 minutes of cario twice a week, but have not dieted so as a result I have not lost any weight!

I joined WW last Monday, at my 1st WI I lost 8.0lbs...wow! My next WI is Monday, I have been OP all week, and have no intention of going off. I am still strong.

Hopefully I willl stay strong with this great support system.

How did you do Biochick? Congrats TheKidsMom! wooo hoo way to go
Old 05-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #5  

I'm sooooo happy! I lost 1 lb! (And I thought I was going to gain a whole lot.) Hopefully, it won't catch up to me next week. Last week was the first week (of 11 weeks) that I went off plan, and I REALLY went off plan. But, this is a fresh new week, and I am going to stay OP. Thanks The Kids Mom for having faith in me

Curvychick, I have no idea what you mean about having a spoiled rotten dog (Mine even has his own website.) One good thing about having a dog that is so spoiled is that because we take him on walks every night and he has gotten into that routine, he won't let us "forget" to take him for his walk. ...And he can get very persistent.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #6  

Very Quickly
Good to see and meet everyone.
No time to talk now. I lost 1pd. YEA
Old 05-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #7  

Default WOOHOO Sounds like we are all losers! :)

WOW! I come back from a couple of days out of town and everyone has lost weight! YIPPEE for us! Last week I lost 2.6lbs--I'm expecting at least a small loss this week too. I spent Fri/Sat painting my parents new house and Sun at Six Flags. I was SO tired Sunday nite! The kids wanted to 'take' me to Six Flags for Mother's Day--sooo giving and selfless of them!

Quick info about me--I'm 42, weight 262ish (tomorow is WI) and I havent thought about how much wt I have to lose other than 'around 100lbs or so'. Two kids; 10 year old son and 5 year old daughter. Husband and dog (who doesn't have her own website!) round out this crazy and loud house. We are liberals in a very conservative town; but I'm working to bring all those conservatives closer to the middle!

Even tho I 'feel' a different mind set this time re: staying OP, I still need reminders every now and then. I'm trying not to fight it and just stay OP and take each day at a time. I lost about 25lbs before re-joining WW and I really felt the difference this weekend with all of my physical activity.

My moment of absolute clarity and renewed motivation was at Six Flags. I had to consider every ride carefully--'would I fit in the seat? would the seat belt go around me? will they turn me away? will my kids see that and be embarrassed? will I sink into the ground b/c I'm so embarrassed'?' I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully, my husband, who is 6'2 and 295lbs went on all the rides a few weeks ago and was able to report back re: seat size. Thank God he loves me the way I am and thank God even more that he sees the 'inside' me first and the outside me second.

Morale of the story: ONE DAY I WILL GO TO SIX FLAGS AND RIDE ALL THE RIDES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO CONCERN FOR SEAT SIZE, WEIGHT LIMITS OR SEAT BELT LENGTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 05-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well, and staying OP. I had my second full week, and lost another 5.2lbs. woooo hooooooo!!, It is now a total of 13.2lbs.

I am actually getting excited, and wanting to go out and exercise, so that I will keep loosing. If you knew me better, you would understand that I was the original couch potato, so this is a HUGE step for me. I am thinking about riding my bike to work on a daily basis. Although I have to admit, I am kind of embarrassed of how silly I will look. A Big girl like myself riding a bike. Kinda like an elephant riding a tricycle.

I am hungry today. I am eating pretty much the same as always, but I am hungrier than normal. Weird huh?

TheKidsMom—I understand how you felt at six flags, Last year I took a trip to the Caribbean, and while I got on the plane, and sat down in my seat I was horrified to realize the seat belt would not go around me! So I had to get a seat belt extension. OK, if that wasn’t bad enough, here comes the thin (smug) stewardess to offer a drink and a snack to everyone. So I bring down the stray, only to realize that it would not go all the way down because my belly was getting in the way. So my dear sweet husband said, don’t worry we will share mine. I am going to be getting on a plane again in a month or so, and I am sure I will be in the same boat, But at least I am working on it, and like you, someday…

I WILL GET TO FLY WITHOUT EMBARASSMENT.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:44 AM   #9  

Smile

Hi everyone,
I am 37 yrs old, married with 2 sons. I have been struggling since January to really get back on track and finally did it about 2 weeks ago. Yahoo! Gained yikes 20 pounds back....so quickly. Last week took off 3 1/2 of that so am moving in the right direction. What made me the maddest was that I bought 3 pair new jeans (old ones were so out of style and just plain old) and they got too tight. So making better choices and getting in a lot of activity now that is so nice out......mowing lawn, gardening,landscaping etc
This is a great board , looking forward to talking with all of you.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #10  

Hello-
I just thought i'd jump in here, too. My name is Kelly, i'm 26 years old and i'm fat. I have always had problems with my weight, however after i got married it seems like i ballooned. My husband and i took on second jobs working at McDonalds at nights, and that was it for me and my body!
We quit about six months ago and i realized that the pants that they had given me to start working in that were huge now barely fit me!

I am trying to lose weight and to be happy with my body and not be afraid of doing things with my husband because i'm self conscious about how i look.

I am hoping we can all make a connection and help one another.

Kelly
Old 05-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #11  

Well I don't ride rides at amusement parks but I wouldn't fit either. I have rode a plane once and that was before.

Welcome to all newbies and welcome back thekidsmom.

Tomorrow morning I WI so everyone cross your fingers. I had a bad day which started out great but then right before supper I got upset with someone and I hit the taterchip bag hard.

I am thinking of changing careers meaning going back to school. I am a photograher now I would like to be a kindergarten teacher.

I am thinking of trying something that would be hard for me but someone said excersizeing in the morning is best before breakfast because your system is empty and it has to use the fat to fuel the excersize. But I am not a morning person. HMMMMMMMMMMMM

but it may make me one and I could imagine once u got use to it it would help u get up awake and energized. HMMMMMMMMM just a thought maybe I will try it. See yall in the morning.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #12  

Default Welcome losers

I'm so glad we've all found each other! Welcome to Squiggly and Mom2--you are joining a wonderful group of ladies!

At WI on Wed, I lost .6lbs. It barely qualifies as a loss, but it's in the right direction, so I"m taking it!

There's something about turning 40 that gave me the freedom to not care what people thought. I say 'no' to more people (requesting more volunteer time), and I've begun to be pickier about who I spend my time with and how I spend it. There;s a certain freedom in living for yourself, and not for others. That attitude has really helped me to refocus on becoming a healthy me since I want to be here for my kids for a long time. Even tho I don't control much of that, I am doing what I need to do to give me the best shot possible.

RE: WOrking out in the morning.........I am NOT a morning person. Come to think of it, I'm not a night person either. More of a 10am-2pm person.
Anyway, even tho I never want to workout in the morning, I do it and always feel energized and happy afterwards. Not even a nice, long hot shower can do that for me!

Right now there is a VERY dangerous box of Cinnamon/Sugar Poptarts in the house (my 5 year old's favorite). Talk about trigger food.....I could easily sit down and eat all 6 of those puppies w/o missing a beat.......usually I tell my daughter that they were 'out' at the store (bad Mom!) and get her the other favorite kind (strawberry), which hold no appeal to me, but Dad took her to the store.

It will be my personal challenge to forget about those babies all weekend.........those poptarts may have to 'get attacked by ants' and get thrown away!

I hope you all (and I) have a wonderful, poptart-free weekend........have fun, watch those points and do a little sweating!

I'll be on the road Mon-Thur and will catch up with you guys when I return!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #13  

Morning exercise--ugh! It's great when I can make myself get up to do it. I am VERY sleepy in the mornings, and I'm kind of afraid that I will fall asleep while driving to the gym. I have fallen asleep while standing up, after turning off my alarm clock. I have fallen asleep on the stationery bicycle before... Once (when I didn't go to the gym) I fell asleep in the shower (standing up) and spent 40 minutes in the shower. I finally woke up when the water got cold

Want2B. I think it's great that you're thinking of going back to school. I'm in school myself, and I know how challenging it is, but I keep thinking of how rewarding it will be when I'm through.

TheKidsMom, a loss is a loss, and that's great! (Just think how much better it is than gaining 0.6 lbs.)

I know how hard it is to "forget" about food in the house. If I tell you to not think about pink elephants, what is the first thing that comes to mind? But I know you can resist--you're stronger than the pop tarts

Have a good trip!
Old 05-14-2005, 03:58 PM   #14  
Registered (L)user

I am 52 y/o dealing with Multiple Sclerosis and I have over 100 pounds to lose. This is my umpteenth battle with my weight. I had been successful with WW before so I feel I can do it again. My biggest drawback with becoming active is the MS because some days movement can be quite difficult, but I'm not going to let that stop me. I am following the Flex Points program at home because it is the easiest way for me to go as well as being so versatile.

Judging from the encouraging posts here, I am hoping to form friendships here and offer support to anyone who needs it as well as seek it out for myself. I am so looking forward to losing it with you.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:50 AM   #15  

Hi everybody,

Hope everyone is doing well. I had my WI on Monday, and was down another 2.0lbs, that will make my 3-week total 15.2lbs. I am feeling pretty good about that. I also went and did a great workout at my fitness club. I also purchased a WW work out video. I am going to make a commitment for this week to do the video on days when I don’t go to the fitness center. (that’s about as long term as I will commit to right now)

I have a few women I chat with while working out, I was telling one of them about my recent success. I was so sorry I said anything. Her first comment was “that’s all water” followed by, “It has taken you a long time to make up your mind to do this. “ (Ok, at touch cutting), then she said, “you are not that old, and you had a lot of health problems coming down the road, some you never would have expected,” then she said my all time favorite comment…”plus you have such a pretty face, you could be such a pretty girl”. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I hate that comment the most. It’s like someone is telling you right to your face, you are fat and ugly, but have potential.

At first I was angry, then I was feeling depressed.

After a while I started to think, why on Earth should I be depressed? I Just lost 15.2 lbs in three weeks; I should not let some acquaintance make me feel bad about myself. I will continue to succeed and I will get to my goal.

Hope everyone is having success.
Closed Thread