Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 05:55 PM   #1  
GARDENING ADDICT

Thumbs down

Hi guys! Just getting the new thread set up for us since I was the one to go over onto a second page~~oops!
I hope you are are all having a great day. So far, I'm being very good
~~~Sil
Old 03-28-2001, 06:55 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default BACK ON TRACK!

Happy Water-filled Wednesday~~~

Well, I'm back on track. Yesterday I stayed within my points and got in 60oz of water~it's a start.

I still have a problem with too many carbs. This is difficult for me because I love veggies and fruits.
Last night I roasted a huge supply of veggies~eggplant, red peppers, squash, zucchini, onions, etc. I plan to have some this morning with an eggbeater omlette.

Lunch : a Boarshead Salsalito turkey sandwich.

Dinner: Grilled chicken breast, swt potatoe, veggie and small salad.

Late snack: FF white choch pudding w/ff cool whip and blackberries
Total: 20.5 points and still have room for an afternoon snack

Once I get my bills paid this morning I hope to be out in the yard again today.
I'll check back in later to see if anybody has posted. Have a great OP day~~~Sil
Old 03-28-2001, 10:34 PM   #3  
snerdlet

Default Finally back on track

Since some of you have asked - the web site I got the kokopelli is - http://www.animfactory.com/af_birds_owls_page_aa.html
I don't remember what header I found him under so good luck finding him. There are some cool graphics at the site and some lemons also. You take what you get.....

Sorry Bee125 - I thought that butterfly was Sil's. I do love that thing, and I need some spring time too, really sick of fog and ice every morning. I also think your honeycomb graphic is cute.

Does anyone know what happened to Dena. I miss her.

Today was a good day for me. I didn't get to read the post last night because I was busy chopping a ton of veggies. I volunteered to help with today's Taco sale at work (a fundraiser for our summer picnic), and so last night I went to a friends house to help prepare all the toppings. Man did we grate some cheese.......... Anyway the sale went good today and I had two tacos loaded with the good stuff - tomatoes, lettuce, onions, salsa, and a little cheese. So tomorrow back on track with spicy pasta soup for lunch.

I still haven't done my taxes but I figure I got time. My DH and his son are going skiing this weekend so I will have plenty of time to get them done.

I really don't want to show my ignorance, but, I cannot find the smilies page anymore. How do I get the chart of them again???

And one more thing.....
I am posting three new recipes tonight, one on the beef entree page and two on the chicken entree page. And I will tell you that the Bistro Beef recipe is sooooooo good. The other two are good but not Bisto Beef good.

Have a great OP day!
Pat (who thinks she may have lost a lb this week, but not really positive yet so keep your fingers crossed).

Old 03-29-2001, 07:42 AM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

Pat,
Sounds like you had a good day with the taco sale. I love taco's!
I'll check out your recipies , thanks.
The smilies are still there. When you go to post a reply, look to the left and you will see "Smilies are ON". Click on that and it will show you the legend .

We have rain here today and it's expected to last through the weekend. That means my housecleaning will get done this week. My DH knows that when it's nice outside that I will be in the yard all day. The maid only comes when it's too cold or wet outside~~LOL.
Maybe I'll even do the taxes~~miracles do happen.

Well, gotta get ready to go to class. Hope everybody has a great day~~~Sil
Old 03-29-2001, 07:55 PM   #5  
snerdlet

Thanks Sil - I saw the "Smilies are on" text but did not realize that I could click on it. Cool
Pat

Old 03-29-2001, 09:46 PM   #6  

SIL your food is sounding yummy good luck for tomorrows easter weigh in. Its Friday today here and I just updated witha 2lb loss
WE have two parties to go to this weekend .
I always worry when I have to eat out in a social situation. its too easy to forget my commitment. and then I feel so angry and dissapointed when I get home
Hopefully getting it off my chest before the fact will help (fingers crossed)

Everyone must be busy excercising as its been rather quiet here ??
what you all up too?
luv Jenny
Old 03-30-2001, 06:56 AM   #7  

SPRING AHEAD...FALL BEHIND.....

The gentle reminder that this weekend we set the clocks ahead and lose an hour...like we all need to lose an hour...there aren't enough hours in a day as it is lol.

So don't forget on Saturday before you go to bed, to set all the clock ahead one hour....or if you're like us, lol,
we set one or two then are totally confused at to what time it is cause all the clocks are different, whew good thing the computer has a brain and does it all on its own....lol

Carla
Old 03-30-2001, 08:07 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy Friday Everybody!!!!!

Jenny~~~
Congratulations on losing another 2 pounds!!! You are doing wonderfully . I wish that I could say the same thing. I did real good this week and then TOM came to visit and he always brings water weight gain and bloating with him. Such a great friend~LOL.

Pat~~~ Glad you found the smilies. I checked out your Beef Bistro recipe and it sounds great. I'll have to try it soon. Thanks.

Carla~~~ Leave it to you to keep us in line-LOL. Thanks for the reminder and adding the clock was cute. You have some great avitars~you know that I'll steal them, don't you?~LOL

I haven't been doing anything exciting lately. I did finish the landscape plan for my neighbor and I'm giving it to her today. I used her yard for one of my class assignments and made an extra one for her. Hope she likes it. I work this weekend and then next week I start on a new garden design project. I also need to study for my Advanced Cardiac Life Support re-exam and get my TAXES finished! Nothing exciting~~just busy.

I wish everybody a wonderful weekend. Type to ya soon, Sil
P.S. Think Spring!
Old 03-30-2001, 03:30 PM   #9  

TOM is visiting my house too, he sure gets around,lolol.
PAT thanks for the link to the animations, its great.
So was that lb a gonna or not? Weighed in yet?

Im off to see how SIL went at weigh in sorry if it wasnt the result you were hoping for, but if you felt you deserved better you will surely get your reward when TOM hits the road.

Our daylight savings ended a fornight ago so we have winter to look forward too now
The weather at the moment is glorious , calm clear and niether hot nor cold.
catch you later Jenny
you all have a nice day and smile!!
Old 03-30-2001, 03:50 PM   #10  

Bee125, love the happy face. My daughter is into drawing them on her magnet board.

We have company this weekend and it is wonderful and chaotic. They are friends I used to work with. We are all off to a retirement party tonight and they are catching up with others in the area while I go off to celebrate my sister's 40th birthday. (Still have to get her present, let's hope it is still at the store) Then on Sunday along with daylight savings, I am communion steward, so it is really important for me to get it right.

Had chinese food for lunch, pumped the water and may have had more than I had planned. Definitely one cup of rice and 2 pork dumplings steamed, then some bean curd and chicken. We had a great time and I have really coasted today. I find that I can not cut too far back in anticipation of a large meal, because then I attack the food. Much better if I am able to portion the serving or servings.

I am back at meetings as of this week. I do like the Monday evening leader and she is looking really good. It is something I feel good about, and will probably post with this bunch of At Homers as well.

Sil, sounds very generous of you to share your class work with your neighbor, do you have to plant it as well?

Carla, loved the clock.

Off to get more water.

Liza
Old 03-30-2001, 08:27 PM   #11  
snerdlet

Carla - Loved the clock. I forgot about daylight savings time until I read your post. You know I love the fall back part and hate the spring forward....oh well

Liza - sounds like you are way busy this weekend. I am enjoying some downtime as DH and stepson are in the mountains skiing. I am going to tackle the taxes once and for all.

Jenny - That lb is going to go. Just so you know I weigh myself everyday from Sunday to Saturday and then average it out. My weight flucuates so much during the week that I found averaging it is the only way to accurately figure out how much weight I lost (or gained). I've gained or lost up to 7lbs from one day to the next, which is very frustrating when trying to keep track.

I have to tell you guys this story because to me it was so funny/cute
Today my office decided to go to lunch at a nice place so I asked one of my co-workers to give me a ride (the same guy that rolled his truck the other morning). Well he has a brand new Pathfinder and he asked me to sit in the back seat because we were going to pick up his girlfriend on the way. So we got her and on the way to the restaurant she told me this was the first time she got to ride in the new vehicle, so she starts poking around punching all the buttons, using the remote keyless entry thingy, looking in the console area, and then she opens the glove box, starts screaming, laughing, crying, giggling all at the same time. He reaches over and slams the glovebox and tells her she is just way too nosy for her own good. Apparently he put her engagement ring in the glove box............ he had it in the vehicle he totalled, transferred it into the new vehicle and forgot he left it there.
So after we finished lunch I got a ride back to work with someone else so they could be alone.

So I hope everyone has a great OP day and weekend.

Pat

Old 03-30-2001, 08:39 PM   #12  

thanks for sharing that Pat its got me feeling all doppy and romantic
Awww shucks,lol.
Old 03-31-2001, 11:33 AM   #13  

Default Happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday everyone, (I love Saturdays). We were gone all day yesterday, left the house at 7:00 A. M., drove 4 hours to a wonderful antique show. More glass than I could even comprehend. It was great, we did come home with 3 pieces, a lovely vase, one salt shaker, and a little mustard pot.

We walked for 4 solid hours, never sat down once, but oh my aching feet when we left. Today they are OK again, have already walked 30 minutes on my t/mill.

Have to get back to being more OP. It's been slipping lately and I haven't lost anything again.

TTFN
Old 04-02-2001, 08:00 PM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ellie, It sounds like you had a wonderful day antique shopping~wish I could have been there too. Good for you for getting on your treadmill. It sounds as if you are sticking with it.

It has been very slow on this thread lately. I'm guessing that everybody is busy~ which could be a good thing~LOL.

How is everyone doing?
~~~Sil
Old 04-02-2001, 09:02 PM   #15  
snerdlet

Slow is the right word Sil. I came here on the weekend days and nobody came to visit. Oh well......

Nothing exciting here except I finally got my taxes done, signed and sent. I spent most of the weekend doing them and I am glad they are done. I will say though that check was hard to write.....

I didn't do well today, my blood sugar went really low and I ate a candy bar to feel better. That only happens once in a while - but when it does I know to eat some sugar or it will just get worse. I know I ate way toooo many carbs this weekend and that caused the low blood sugar attack today. I gotta stop doing that.

Chat at you later
Pat

Closed Thread