Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 06:58 AM   #1  

Lightbulb STARTING OVER #33...Newcomers Welcome

GREETINGS EVERYONE....Goodmorning to all.

Here it is Monday AGAIN, week went fast, miss not seeing everyone post as much and hearing what you've all been up to.
Our group seems to be fading and finding new homes.

But still hanging out here, so thought I'd start a new post for us as the other one was getting too long...so NEWCOMERS ARE MOST WELCOME...we support and help one another through good and bad times...so we're warm and friendly don't be afraid to stop by and say hello.

Weekly update, daughter had prom and of course sounding like a mother, she looked like a princess...her gown was lavendar, shoulderless, which I was surprised she carried so well, she looked like Audrey Hepburn. She had her hair done up, and her friend placed a little crown around it...so she looked lovely....kids all had a great time.

The rest of the time things at school were family picnics, picnics at school and winding down for summer...so all in all a good school year. Being in a special needs school is such a blessing, it makes you realize how wonderful family's can really be.

Will check back again shortly...daughter getting ready for school and trip want to make sure she doesn't forget anything...talk to you later.

Carla
185/150/125
Old 06-18-2001, 07:10 AM   #2  

Good Morning Carla,

So glad to see a new post. I am one of those people who has found new a new home but have been homesick for the people right here. I started a new group on another forum because I needed a jump start but will stop in here and try to keep up.

I'm sure your daughter did indeed look like a princess. What fun!

I too have been wildly busy with end of school activities and board activities. Group Summer birthday party, Fun Day and graduation with several birthday parties sprinkled in the mix. This week is school clean-up and then next week we have 6 parties in 5 days! That includes my daughters birthday. So I don't know how much I'll be around.

I've been doing great on my program. I went back to meetings and got rid of my scale at home and have lost 10 #s since re-starting meetings and a total of 26 since the fall.

I seem to be eating healthier foods like fish which I like but never made because DH doesn't like it. Now with the grill he can have a steak and I can have my salmon. Just got a bunch of healthy recipes of the internet. Well gotta run and clean up the basement so the plumber can get through. Then Sara to school and Brielle to the dentist.....Let the race begin.

Take care Carla and have a great day!
Old 06-20-2001, 09:56 AM   #3  

Angry attempting to start this again!!!!!

hello everybody, even though i swore off diets, i have to try this again. i did lose 17 lbs in one month on this, than i just got lazy and didnt feel like doing it anymore. i didnt want to count calories, count points, cut out carbs. or anything else i have tried, so i decided to go the no diet approach, ya know just eating less, making healthier choices. but i was slowly changing my eating habits, but i was still eating too much. i know i can eat healthyier, but now i have to take control and be more strict about how much of ,even the healthy foods i eat. i just lost 7 lbs, in two months and gained one of those back. i weigh in at home on sat. morn. i am starting this today, but i will still weigh in on sat morn. looking forward to joining everyone on their journey to better health. here are my stats: as of june 15.

189/183/125
Old 06-20-2001, 10:56 AM   #4  

Hi willbethin....you might note that we started at the nearly the same weight and want to be the same weight....lol
185/150/125 for me...so think of it as a goal together...how's that...you might also keep in mind, my cholesterol last year at this time was 209 which the doctor thought was good...well just had it done again and it was down to 176...the doctor was blown away...33 pts down...how's that...so don't think of it just as calories, pts, etc....think of it in terms of cholesterol too, I was so excited it was a renewal for me since I've plateaued now for quite awhile, which was beginning to frustrate me...so that was a great incentive...so keep up the good work...check in for support and do it for yourself. GOOD LUCK...it takes time and patience, something I've learned...this is not a race, just a health change...give it your best shot.

Carla
Old 06-20-2001, 11:19 AM   #5  

Angry hi cgbuzz

thanks for the words of encouragement. you made some reall y good points. congrats to you, you are doing great!!! almost to goal. how are you handling the plateau? i have never been on a plan long enough to hit one. it is great to have a place to come to to talk about this stuff. i do belong to diettalk.com too. but not in the ww forum. so i will be posting here to.
Old 06-20-2001, 11:39 AM   #6  

http://www.dottisweightlosszone.com/

This is another excellent site if you're not familiar with it...check it out.

Carla
Old 06-20-2001, 02:05 PM   #7  

Angry thanks cg

it is still in my favorites from the last time i was on ww. it is a very informative sight. hubby just called, it is our 9 th anniversary, but we met each other in 85. wants to go to italian restaurant for dinner. dont think i have enough points left for what i probably will eat, and drink. but i will try to stay in control. and get so strict tomorrow, stay at the low end of points.
Old 06-20-2001, 02:19 PM   #8  

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.....that's lovely...eat Italian and enjoy, yes tomorrow's another day...you know sometimes life is just too important to worry about it...don't count pts...just eat in moderation and comfortably...don't spoil a lovely evening.
Enjoy and have a wonderful time together. I'm Italian and can't think of anything better to eat lol...salute!!!

Carla
Old 06-20-2001, 02:52 PM   #9  

Angry great picture cg

thank you , i am half italian, my husband is all, we do have great stuff to eat. i will take all of your great advice. it is only 2:44 pm here, so i am trying not to eat anything till dinner. you made me feel so much better about going out to eat. in moderation of course. and reminding me that tonight isnt about eating . it is about us. thanks again. b talkin 2 ya. low points tomorrow. i can do this. maybe i will learn how to put pics on here soon.
Old 06-22-2001, 06:31 AM   #10  

Talking oops

Wull, duh, I am blonde afterall. I posted to the other one and just figured out what the #33 was all about. Do I feel silly or what??? If you wanted to read what I wrote in #32 and then reply here, that would be cool.
Old 06-22-2001, 08:55 AM   #11  
Tax Chick

Good morning all -

I have been doing WW (123) for awhile - on and off the wagon. Since my employer closed shop I have been a stay at home mom to my twins and attempting ww @ home. I have previously done
ww @ work and a traditional meeting site. (And previoulsy lost 25lbs.)

Do well during the day and go nutso at night. Trying to incorporate better foods into the house and convince DH that the
low fat IS good!

I was wondering how the other plan / fit for life/ body works w/ WW? I saw some mention on the last thread (#32). Just looking to jumpstart and see a little loss for motivation. DH and I are gong to the Poconos for our anniversary in July and I would like a little more control over my eatng and exercise habits. NO excuse - but the last three weeks have been very stressful and the potato salad from th edeli has not been helping!!

Any one from Buffalo, NY?

Have a great day!
Ann
Old 06-22-2001, 09:52 AM   #12  

GOODMORNING EVERYONE....welcome Ann.....hello Sharon and T and willbe......

So aggrivated, got bumped off after writing a long reply to everyone lol....so just going to keep this short.

We can do this...this room is great for support, love and friendship so let's stick together we can make it work for all of us.
Will get back with more to say, but just wanted to touch base with everyone. Sometimes in the beginning when starting, I have found to give yourself a week or so just to get use to getting back on track then start worrying about the exact pts...I have found that to be helpful.

I've been stuck at the same weight for awhile now, and it can be very frustrating...I tried to juggle the plateau, but it will take time I can see so I'm hanging in there...that's why I love coming here to check in with everyone.

If you need a friend, I'm always around you can email, IM or private message me.

Will come back again, just wanted to say hello...after being bumped this morning after my long note I was afraid that would
happen again.

See ya later.

Carla
185/150/125
Old 06-22-2001, 10:30 AM   #13  

Default 12 Week Diary Challenge

Hi there gals:

Would you be up for lending us a bit of your inspiration??? We could really use the support.

We've started a 12 Week WW Challenge for all those out there who've bought the spiral bound notebooks and have not been able to open to page one.

Yup that's been me. So Our WW leader challenged us to keep a daily record and "just see" the pounds slip off... and to think of some short term goal worth writing for.

Check it out under the WW Lifetime / Maintenance. There is strength in numbers

Are you game???

We'd love to have you.

Patch
Old 06-22-2001, 11:41 AM   #14  

Angry hi anmore

i too do well during the day, and, as you say go nutso at night. i also am a recently stay at home mom, with a 5 yr old daughter, and i baby sit a couple of other kids. i dont want to make excuses either, but i have to get used to this new schedule. i have these kids five days a week from 7:30 to 5:00 then clean house and last night went food shopping, then cook dinner,get kid ready for bed. i get up at 6;00 to try to excercise in the morning. so this turns out to be a very long and busy day. and the kids have to be occupied so sometimes i dont get to eat breakfast till 10:00 or i eat what i am making them. i cant sit and relax to eat anymore during the day. they always need or want something. now i dont mind i love kids. but i t is somthing i have to get used to doing. i used to work at a day care for 18 yrs. but after i had my daughter, i went to part time, 6:30 am till 1:00. so ya see i had a lot of kids to watch at daycare but i was home at 1:00 everday. i am not giving up but i have to learn to adjust. thanks for reading this, and i will try to stick with this. i have about 60 lbs to lose.
Old 06-24-2001, 11:04 PM   #15  
Tax Chick

I so understand what you mean about trying to get used to staying at home. I had months to plan on how it was going to be and, as is so often the case, reality comes in and blow all the plans and schedules to he**.

Of course, while I was at home I was supposed to start again with the points and exercise daily. Well that day is once again -tomorrow! My husband has committed to being more health conscious and is going to help, so might as well start now. I have about 30 lbs to lose, and a lot of toning needed after the twins !

I keep reading about starting over and I think I am going to try a partial - journal, water and exercise, but not counting points. I will add them up and see what I am doing to myself, but a little more flexibility to start. Slowly attempting to live and eat healthier.

Wish me luck as I return to the fight -

ann
Closed Thread