Old 10-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #31  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

In2wishing and nursemandi- Fruit is SO filling! Therefore you eat less, ie. spend less, on snacks. The other day I opened a small can of fruit cocktail - in it's own juice -and that's what I had for an evening snack. I was really surprised that it filled me up for just 120 calories, AND that I did not crave anything afterward. (Usually I eat non-stop from 9pm to 11pm then fall into bed stuffed and disgusted with myself.) Tonight I'm going to make a sugar-free jello mold with a can of fruit cocktail. Another high water snack. Think weight when you eat - higher water content means the food is heavier (more filling.) This is why I think I can eat a whole bag of chips and still be hungry or craving. With fruit I'm so full I just can't imagine eating more. (a big apple works great too.)

Shannon - I'm 5'3 and started in January at 210 - size 22 pushing 24. I'm also wishing for a size 12... Haven't seen that in years! I've started biking, and work out at least 3 days a week at the gym. Eating right is getting easier for me. I read a few books that really helped me understand how to eat/think right. The Beck Diet Solution is one of them.

There's another girl on this site that's lost about 100 lbs and swears by pumpkin pie. I made a low fat - low sugar pumpkin cheesecake that was AMAZING - I'll post the recipe when I'm home.

Last edited by Gwen; 10-31-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 293/251.8/160

Height: 5'8"

Yesterday I had some food fun. A local grocery had a special on whole turkey breasts so I bought one. I roasted it and got a couple of pounds of meat for sandwiches and then boiled up the carcass and made turkey and rice soup. The soup is very filling and I used several leftover veggies (frozen peas, half an onion, etc) so the whole batch of 6 servings soup and 16 sandwiches cost me less than $10.
In2wishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #33  

Nursemandi,

I don't think I got your YM invite. Send it again, or, what is your screen name and I will add you...

Anyone else need a buddy, let me know. I need serious support!

Shannon
ssullivan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 259.4/201.0/19?

Height: 5'6

m.stoddard_rpn is my yahoo name

sorry I didn't respond sooner, I have been neglecting my computer

how is your week so far?
nursemandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #35  
This is for life!

Evening snack update: I tried the sugar free jello with fruit cocktail and it did NOT fill me up. Also, I couldn't resist adding whipped cream - so, I don't know how many calories (afraid to count) in 1/2 of the entire bowl plus probably a cup of whipped cream from the can. Very yummy, but not a healthy snack.

I'm off to buy a few more cans of the fruit cocktail to eat solo. Oh how I hate dieting... hate it hate it hate it. Why can't I just be able to eat whatever I want? This has not been a good week for the diet.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #36  

gwen, i wonder the same thing "why can't I eat whatever I want" too...some people can eat terrible all the time and don't gain a thing...I look at something unhealthy and I gain 10lbs hahahaha...but seriously, I have struggled with my weight for so long..but I am learning not to compare myself to others...otherwise I would be in the looney bin
Old 11-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #37  
Flex plan follower

S/C/G: 162.5/160.5/135

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies! Can I join this buddy system ?I'm not really sure this works so I guess I should go back up to the beginning of the post but just wanted to comment that I would like a buddy or two and if you all have facebook perhaps we can connect there as well?
I'm Laura,29 years old, two kids and am just restarting counting points.I'm doing the old flex points though since that's the material I have and I had alot of success with it before. Hope to connect with some or all of you soon!!
2SpareTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #38  
Flex plan follower

Gwen: perhaps you shoukld start thinking of it as a lifestyle change vs. a diet and maybe the mind set will change to where you stop hating it? Diet is like a four letter word and just thinking about it makes me want to raid my kid's halloween candy! Have you tried fat free whipped cream? You get more per serving and it doesn't taste any different. Hugs,don't beat yourself up...we all have days and weeks like that. Just don't be like me and have years like that! LOL
Old 11-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #39  

2SpareTires
I would love to be your buddy I have facebook and would be more than happy to connect there or we can email too.
I am 33 years old, married, mom of two, starting WW at home almost 13 weeks ago and I am also using the OLD points program as I was quite successful with it when I stuck to it, and I have all the information I need already. Plus I downloaded an app for my andriod that I am swearing by

How long have you been following WW? When is your weigh in day?
Old 11-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #40  
Flex plan follower

Hey,
My weigh in day will most likely be either Friday or Saturday.I've just started counting points again today so I'm kind of a newbie all over. In 2003 i lost about 35 lbs after I had my son and it was the easiest thing ever since I was breastfeeding, so I'm hoping that this time around I am able to lose it as well. I have 35 lbs to go but will be okay with losing at least 20 lbs. I'm 165 right now,ugh,I don't even like admitting that. If you want to be facebook friends or email friends let me know. My email address is lauraivy1982atgmaildotcom (sorry for writing it out like that but it won't let me post my email addy because i'm still a newbie!) and I think you should be able to find me on fb through that email. Yay,a buddy! I'm so stoked
Old 11-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #41  
This is for life!

So, after my consciousness zapping headcold last week I've ended up 4lbs heavier than my last weigh-in. Well-that's really not all headcold gain, because it's been 2 months and just 4 lbs is really not as bad as it could be.

I'm BAAAA ACK! 1 hour on the stepper Saturday, 1 hour of tennis Sunday, and my eating is back under control. Yay me!

Yes, a life style change is SO what I'm trying for. If it werent for a husband that buys chocolate and nut mixes, and brings them to work so they sit and stare at me all day. Yes they do. Every time I turn around there they are staring me in the eye taunting "You want me, you want me! I have to eat them just to shut them up!

Seriously, I need more will power. Nursemandi - where can I find the WW app?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #42  
Flex plan follower

Gwen: I love your quote! Good luck getting back on the wagon.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #43  

Gwen: Do you have an andriod phone? I downloaded the Points Plus Diary App for my andriod and it's the best 1.50 ever spent....I have searched on my IPOD for something like that but no such luck...so I don't know what would compare if you use an IPhone...
Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #44  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

nursemandi what is the name of the program on android? I have the official ww mobile app but its not so great for searching for food. its free so I know its not the one you have.

So ladies I have been MIA. My dd was not doing well but she is much better now and I am finally getting sleep for the first time in 3 years, AMAZING> and she is so much happier too. So I have been on my treadmill, 2 miles in half an hour, feels good. So here I go!!!!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #45  
Flex plan follower

Sun: I'm sorry your little one wasn't feeling well...it's always us mommies that end up sleep deprived and hurting for them.

Yippee for getting back on track and working out. I must really strap on my shoes and get use out of the treadmill that I use as a clothes hanger,lol! I'm horrible.

Do you use the WWDiary? That's the only free one that I found that actually works on my phone. I think Mandi put up above the paid app that she uses.

Good luck on your weigh in this week girlies!