Old 07-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #31  
I think I can...

I only weigh once a week. I can't stand the fluctuations and they throw me off track if they are too extreme so I only weigh Monday morning. I won't even be able to do it tomorrow as I forgot to get a new battery for the darn scale DOH!
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 296/280/176

Height: 6'

Default Weighing in...

This is my 1st week on and I've been weighing myself every day. I'm amazed at so many fluctuations during the week..I lost 6lbs , so I'm very happy!!! I can relate to how it varies ,can make you crazy!!!
Also here's something, when I started WW , I bought a new scale- to my surprise, it 20!!!!!!lbs off my old scale, talk about a wake up call. Major depression, but picked myself up and am more motivated than ever! Especially for my knees which are hurting more than ever...yup, it time...
3rd time lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #33  
Fatty-atty-umpkin

Height: 5'4"

When I first started the program, I was weighing myself almost daily at the same time each day. I think that the daily weigh in helped me keep track of where I was at and helped keep me accountable. As time has gone on I've tapered down to just a few times a week.
kc82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

How much WW on line costs? Is it effective? Has any Indian cooking from scratch has done it?
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #35  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I make Indian food regularly and calculate WW points. Monthly costs vary (there are usually some promotions you can snag), but between $10-18/month I think.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #36  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneri View Post
How much WW on line costs? Is it effective? Has any Indian cooking from scratch has done it?
I paid $60. By paying for 3 months at once, the registration is free (or $1?) and the monthly fee is reduced.

It was worth every penny! I've been counting calories with my Bodybugg for a year. I reached a point where I wasn't losing and think I needed something fresh. That seems to be my MO. So I signed up and it's helped me choose better quality foods, and reduce my calories. I still track my calories with Bodybugg, but rely heavily on points to keep me on the right track. I have 3 months to decide if I'll stick with it or not.

I don't cook Indian, but I've already entered in a few of my own recipes. Starting is going to take the most time, but once you've done it awhile, have a good list of meals, recipes, and favorites, putting it in your food log gets faster and easier. Their database is really good too! I think you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by twinieten; 07-19-2012 at 10:47 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/215.4/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm doing WW online as well. I chose my weigh in day to be Sunday mornings. Like many others, I weight after my morning pee, and usually just have my underoos on. Your weigh in should be something positive, even if it's a little change, so being consistent is important. I try not to weigh myself throughout the week but its always tempting. Today I weighed in in the morning and my first 10 lbs is gone, however I don't consider it official until I weigh in on Sunday and see that same number or less. Its a definite motivator though. I'm glad I did that this morning, it encourages me to incorporate some walking into my routine now. I am LOVING weight watchers!
lrgemmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #38  

Height: 5'5"

My WW WI is on Thursdays, but I will usually step on the scale every morning. In the past, when I have gone a week without touching the scale, I tend to crash hard if the results aren't what I expected. At least with checking, I can see where I'm headed. I don't freak about fluctuations, I think about what I've eaten that may cause water weight, etc. I am working on removing the mental connection to the scale, but I'm not there yet. I would like to be in a place where I am only stepping on the scale once a week. Otherwise, I feel that the scale controls me. Weighing several times a day will just make you crazy, IMO. That's really about food density.

Good luck!
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote