Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

Default Overhauling Freedom Plan

I was within 5 lbs. of goal in the 90's and along comes the Points and I fell off forever it appears lol...
So I decided ok, what can I do to help myself?
Decided ok, let's see how the exchanges compare to today's food servings for points. Well, it's virtually identical. The onky difference is that peanut butter, salad dressing full fat and mayo full fat counted as fats or you had to use double the amount of low fat dressings and mayo for that same fat exchange or serving.
What was taken away was the all you cared to eat fruits and veggies which included dried fruit too.
The Plan is virtually the same as now with Points. The addition is that fruit and the veggies you do count aren't part of the Points count.THAT'S WHY I COULD STAY ON THE THING!!!!
Originally they had you eat more complex carbs than protein and now I know with Points that can be MY decision so here's is my updated version of Freedom.
Fruits and veggies are free... I know from the past if I ate too many fruits I had a problem because I was too full to eat full meals so I have to be careful of that lol.
Exchanges are way too hard in these times so use Points and make meals using daily points appropiate to your weight.
I calculated points for weeklies vs the 250 calories per days as optionals and it is exactly the same. Points again is easier.
Now the rest is up to you.
I'll be on this tomorrow. I just had to rethink what caused me negative thinking in the past and nailed it. I was angry that my fruits and veggies regarding some had to be counted. The Program worked very well for me and now I have to use Points for meals and add in fruits to fill up on as well as veggies. Everything else is the same except the fats had more variety and the low fat foods like low fat hard cheese you could have double and white fish or shrimp was double the size which encouraged you to eat more of this vs. that.
Pretty simple I think and you can always eat a frozen meal for points so you aren't held back.
The important point I want to make is this, know your limits. You still have Points to count and this is not Core or Simply Filling so you need to stop and stay within your Points allotment but this is Freedom overhauled to work in like Flex with Freedom combined and because my weight is higher than a kite, trust me I am going to try this and go with it. I see I can manage this very well and be able to still feel that same rush like I used to with Freedom when I actually enjoyed Weight Watchers. All I'm going to do is use Points to do what exchanges did before and meke it even easier and healthier.

Last edited by LadyNASDAQ; 02-25-2010 at 11:44 AM.
LadyNASDAQ is offline   Reply With Quote