Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #16  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi there!
I personally need the accountability of the scale, but I limit myself to once a week because, given the chance, I am on and off and on and off and on and off the scale at least 5 times a day. I agonize over the daily fluctuations and my mood becomes superdependent on what that darn scale says! It was disrupting my life and my focus and made my DH miserable, so now I only weigh in once a week.
I've found that this is actually motivating -- I had the tendency to say "well, I'm really DOWN today, so I can have an extra x number of points". Now, I have no idea so I have to maintain my focus.
I stay within my points, and have found a way to work in my faves without having to go over my limits -- but it takes time, determination, and planning, planning, PLANNING. And forgiveness if I am over a daily limit with a corresponding decrease the following day, so that in weekly terms, I am eating within the guidelines...
And I go to the meetings. I think posting online is helpful, too, and for those on WW who don't do the meetings, I understand that for them, posting here pretty much gives you the accountablility and the support that is needed.
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 203/187/140

Height: 5'3"

I used to go to meetings, but as a student, it got a bit pricey, so I do it at home too, I have a digital scale in my bathroom to weigh myself once a week like I did at WW, and try the hardest to stick to points. I find that if you have a friend doing it at home with you, It is easier to stick to points and be accountable to yourself if you also have to be accountable to a friend as well.
ndannemarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #18  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in how are you doing Liliann?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #19  

I am having my husband encourage me. He sees me writing down what I eat and reminds me about bites here and there. He walks with me at night. We both need to eat more healthily. I am hoping to stick with it and track faithfully. I think just tracking and discussing speed bumps and successes is what really helps.
chilichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #20  
Work in Progress

chilichick it is great that you have such support! And it is so important to write down all those BLT's (bits, licks & tastes) I have also heard from others on this forum that 0pt foods do add up and need to be counted (I think I read for every 5 0pts counts as 1?) That one is hard for me keep up with
Old 06-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #21  

I have the same concern as chilichick. I can't afford to "join" WW and doing it at home. I'm afraid that I'm going to allow myself to slip because I don't have someone to make me accountable for my actions. I started to journal but know that I will not keep it up everyday.
determined09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #22  
Work in Progress

determined you must keep it up! I made a little mock one journal that I record for a week at a time I carry it with me in my purse. I also put on it some common foods I eat all the time and a place to record exercise so every week I start a new one. If you want me to send you a copy just pm me and I will
Old 06-08-2009, 06:03 AM   #23  

I lost 2 pounds this week, but found the weekend so hard to stay on track.
It is hard to journal when you have to write down things you know you should not eat, but I am going to try not to do. Another things I want to start doing is eating "clean", fresh home made food. I had takeout this weekend and today I feel bloated and blah.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #24  
Work in Progress

Congrats Chili on the 2 pounds loss

Yes when you have to write down everthing you eat (including the bad stuff) it can be an eye opener. I know it has stopped me a time or two in making bad decisions. I ate some mcdonalds small fries yesterday and then found out that was 5pts and it made me feel yukki!

I do plan almost all my meals and I find myself cooking more from scratch and the family is loving it. A quick dinner at our house is now some broiled fish and then throw some brocolli or greenbeans in a steamer bag in the mirowave...poof dinner in under 15 min. Instead of a take and bake pizza
Old 06-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #25  

I was only down.2 this week, but I remember the leader once saying it was like losing a stick of butter. This week I want to commit to drinking more water and eating more veggies.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:59 PM   #26  
Work in Progress

Chili congrats on the loss. and I like the way you put that...a stick of butter cool I will remember that as I weigh in tomorrow
Old 06-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #27  
*Determined*

S/C/G: 304/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hi! I noticed the title of this post and wanted to join in. I, too, had to quit WW meetings b/c I can't afford it for awhile. I lost 35 pounds and really want to continue losing. I have been struggling the past few weeks and really miss the accountability of the meetings, but I think I would struggle regardless. Groceries are so expensive and I'm really trying to be as economical as possible. Some friends of mine and I have started a "meeting" one night a week and it is helping. My focus this week is to journal again! Congrats on your losses so far! Keep up the great work!
andi654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 245/228/145 (low of 221.8 '09)

Height: 5'7"

The butter thing is great. When I think of 1 lbs as being too measly, I think of a lb of butter, and that's not a bad amount to shed from your body.

I started WW at home this week and I am jazzed. I don't have problem staying with it day to day - I'm either on board or I quit altogether, but I won't cheat.

I thrive on the structure. It just works with my personality.
FatGirlTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 133/123/119

Height: 5'2"

I am also doing WW on my own. I started a group on the WW forum (which is free also) called DIY Weight Watchers for people like us trying to do weight watchers on our own, for whateaver reason.

I have my own points counter and diet journal. i've been following the flex plan, I dropped out of formal WW before the momentum came about and don't know what that's all about. I don't think it matters which version of WW plans you use because they are all based on the same principle of realistic plans and goals. And they all seem to work.

Best of luck to you.
RC
rcrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

I love the WW online program...I like journaling my food in my online journal and that there are so many resources available to me. I wish they had a better system of understanding what all those resources are as I have been doing it since March and just today learned they have a weekly food plan that fits within your point allotment...it's kinda cool.

Welcome all newbies...I try to pop in every now and than...love the support I find here!!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote