Old 04-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #31  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

welcome nikki! I do wish you all the success in the baby area it can be fun just to practice ya know?

Anyway we are here for support, to listen to you when you are frustrated, kick you when you get off track....and I have the shoe prints to prove it

well chickies I have managed to stay on pts today this is day 3 for me...considering it has taken me 2.5 months just to get back on track
so I am pretty proud of myself. During those 2.5 months I gained back 6 pounds. That may not seem like alot but when it takes you 1 month to lose just 2...it really set me back. But I have no one to blame but myself and all that tempting food out there

I am going to try a new recipe tomorrow....a low fat version of red beans and rice from this no-fat cookbook....brown rice, red beans, green onion, celery, green pepper, mix with fat free mayo, fat free yogurt, red curry and pepper. and 3/4 C is 3 pts but I bet two servs would be way to much in one sitting
It called for 1/4 dark rasins but I am not a fan of those an omited them I wonder if that means I can eat just a bit more for the pts?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

I am in FUNK! Don’t want to talk anyone, wanna lay around & watch TV & eat junk food.

Pretty sure that stress triggered this negative mindset. What I really need to do is get off my butt & get outside. But I don’t foresee that happening today.

Today, I will journal & keep track of my points. That is what I will do for today.

I’ve been off track for the past 2 days.

I’m really feeling like I need a break from the program. I’m burnt out. Lame, I know. My focus for the next 2 weeks will be maintaining my 40 lbs weight loss. No gaining!

DF & I start our exercise program on the 22nd, so I’m counting on that to give me the extra umph to start losing again.

Nancy – that carrot fry thing sounds really interesting. Will have to try that soon. And 0 points huh? Nice. 3 days on track!! I’m so proud Good for you!!

Welcome Nikki! Great to see a new face around here! Is that a Pug puppy? We’re also trying to get pregnant. I’m 33 & my biological clock is a tickin’! That was my main motivation for starting the program this time around.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #33  
Work in Progress

chef I know what you mean about a funk...look how long my lasted!

And ya want a baby...you know if I had known so many of you want kiddies I would have given you mine, granted they are bit old to put in a car seat. Is 17 to old for a car seat??

anyway another on pt sort of...last night after posting here I had a chunk of hard cheese, and tonight I had some pasta but the sauce was a ww recipe so it would not be bad so 8 pts total for two cups whole wheat pasta and a bit of sauce

DH brought home a bottle of wine and I was not even tempted tonight...wow that gets me a pat on the back

anyway hope you all have an awesome day
Old 04-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

I am so excited! I am doing much better! I think I will lose over 2 pounds this week!!! I have been cooking at home and bringing my lunch to work. I have also gotten back into the breakfast habit.
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #35  

Ate a bag of Dark Chocolate M and Ms. Hate dipping into my WA points so close to weigh in but it's only 5 points
Old 04-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #36  
Work in Progress

chelly that is so good that you are staying op! my weigh in is tomorrow and I am scared I did not lose a thing this week. I have used 9 of my flex points this week if I base my pts on 22 per day.

The downside I still have not started any exercise and I know that will hamper me.

Is your wi tomorrow?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

Nancy! No wine? That's a huge accomplishment! Yay you!

Today is day 2 of me being back on track. We have a double date planned, which should be really fun. The couple we are going out w/ are pretty great. And I set them up thank you very much

We're going to our fave Mexican place & I already have my meal planned out so no worries there. Then we're going to hit some bars, good time, good times.

Oh - and I peed on a stick this morning....no baby for me......boo.

I WI tomorrow too......not sure what to expect since I was off plan 3 days this week. Will be surprised to see a loss, will be happy to maintain.

Where is my DF????? I'm getting impatient.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #38  
Work in Progress

ok chef I did go without wine last night but tonight I am having just two small ones. I also had pappa murphys pizza but it was a de-light with no cheese! so I am sure the pts were reasonable.

I hope wi in tomorrow will be ok...now Sunday we have big plans to celebrate. Our 13th anniversary is on monday the 13th but we will celebrate on sunday with fresh crab legs and martini's so there go my flex pts for the week!

check in tommorrow after wi
Old 04-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #39  
Work in Progress

Did I say I was only having 2 sm glasses.....I told a fib, it turned out to be more like 4, and then I started eating, ice cream, then a fiber one bar, then almonds....ok come sunday when I celebrate there will not be anything food wise around that I can indulge on I think that is why my weigh in this morning was not as good as I wanted
Old 04-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I had a horrible few days....Easter was the worst! I drank wine (ah too much), ate incredibly fatty food and feel gross...though I did manage to get in tons of veggies ah still. Tomorrow WILL BE better!

C'mon ladies, let's make this week great!!!!
hotcubanmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #41  
Work in Progress

well we did our celebrating on saturday, splurged on crab legs and martini's and after I added the points up I only used 5 flex....go figure

Now today started out awesome, breakfast was good, lunch was nutritious then dinner disaster. We were not really hungry to eat what I planned so we 'snacked' big mistake...I ate like 18 pizza rolls--only a bizzilion points.

Monday is a new day and I have it all planned out so with Saturday and Sunday's piggy out time I will be good the rest of the week

hang in there chickies!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #42  

Hi Everyone!!
I am SO excited!!! I lost 2.8 pounds this week!!!! After losing nothing last week this is just what I needed. I didn't deprive myself but I did cook more and eat out less. I think even when I order healthy choices there is too much sodium in restaurant food. I also had my FAVORITE sub restaurant twice this week so it's good to know that there is somewhere convenient that doesn't screw up my diet. Seriously, Subamarina is freakin' awesom
!!! Where else could I get a 6 in Turkey bacon sub with only 7 points!!! It's so good I don't miss the cheese. They also have little choc chip cookies for only 3 points so I can get a treat when I need it. We have made porkchops, chicken, spagehetti, and chili this week. And I have brought leftovers most days for lunch. I also have been better about getting in my veggies. Like today I had pineapple with breakfast, tomato sauce w/lunch, and I brought carrots for a snack. So I only have to get 2 more veggies for the day. Another yummy treat I found this weekend is cracked pepper and olive oil Triscuts, how the heck they made whole wheat taste SO good I will never know!!!! OK enough rambling!!!!
Chef- I'm sorry there is no baby yet but every pound you lose makes it easier to get pregnant AND less likely you will have gestational diabetes. I had it when I was pregnant (265 lbs at the tume) and it was awful!! The finger sticks and insulin shots sucked!! I know when it is time it will happen!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!!!
Nancy- Don't fret about the wine!!! Maybe you should give yourself 35 Wine Allowance Points each week instead of Weekly Allowance Points. Doesn't that work out to about 2 and a half glasses a night? Then you could focus on eating better and not have to stress your nightly wine. I think it would relieve some of your guilt if you built 2 glasses in nightly. Just an idea !!!
hotcuban- Don't worry!!! Be glad you enjoyed your holiday and move on!!! Every day is a new day to make a good choice!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #43  

Thanks, Chelley! I am getting back on the boat!
Nancy: I drank too much wine and beer actually and it all caught up with me. It's a new week and a new start!
Chefsgirl: Wait and it shall come. It gives you more time to prepare for the lil one anyway. Great job with the consistant weight loss...u've become my inspiration!!!

As for me, I am starting my new fitness regime tomorrow which I am excited about...I missed exercising so much! I hope this week will give me a loss instead of a gain. There is a cute dress I need to lose 15 lbs to get into for my g-parents 50th anniversary in June. *cross fingers*
Old 04-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #44  
Work in Progress

Well I do have to say Whoo Hoo chelly!!!! that is so great!

well I went to pulomnary dr. yesterday she put me on predisone...side effects increased appetite...S### just what I need but it is only for 5 days.

Anyway I am going to try to limit my wine to fri and sat nights only and so far so good, but ( there is always a catch) I have gone over my pts each day so now I only have 7 flex left to get me through to sat morn...oh well we will see what happens.

On a more cheery note my dd wants me to go to a zumba class with her on saturday...I am going to try and do it whoo hoo for me
Old 04-15-2009, 01:20 AM   #45  

nancy: zumba sounds awesome! Have fun! And don't worry about the predisone...get some lower cal snack and lots of fiber to fill you up...I use benefiber sometimes like its going outta style!

Also I found a way to make a 4 pt chocolate cake-4 pts for a huge piece! Get 50% less sugar mix, use applesauce and butterspray for pan, skim milk, and benefiber equal to 2 tsp/serving. We even added some 50% less sugar frosting, just less of it. The kids loves making it and eating it and it wasn't all that bad for you

I wish I had someone to work out with...My best friend takes a pole dancing class but then again she only weighs 105 lol. My kids exercise in back of me in the living room, I have to banish them from in front of the tv so mommy can see and not kick them in the process. They are also the best lil cheer leaders, "Don't stop mommy you can do it!" and with my daughters: "You're not fat, you're beautiful!" Did I mention I had the best kids ever (even though they do make me nuts sometimes...)

I had 2 awesome days on pts and will be weighing myself every day if I can (primarily bc of the 5 lb challenges that I am getting my $%! whooped at) so I am hoping that a lil more will come!