Old 04-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone! I know it's been forever and a day since I've been on here. It was just like a ghost town lately! But it looks like everyone is back and so am I. I've been doing pretty good. No big losses but nice and steady and they say that that's the way to keep it off. I went on a little vacation this past weekend and I think I did pretty good. I left on Sunday and used about 10 WA points because I had my first piece of REAL cake since I began WW over 3 months ago. That piece of cake was 12 points so I hink that wasn't bad. My new week started on Monday and I have used about 18 WA this week. I don't think I am going to lose much this week but since it started on a vacation I'll just be glad to not gain. I ate some treats at lunch but at night we cooked in the hotel kitchenette. I also did a lot of walking. I bought some new clothes and for the first time in YEARS I shopped in the regular department and not the plus size section. I bought a M/L belt and was SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!
On the not so great side of things I have been having a hard time keeping my emotions in check at work. I have been promised a promotion once the economy picks up and it is not helping my case to have nervous breakdowns (including tears) about once a week. I need a mood stabilizer, LOL
Nancy- I hope you lose again soon but maintaining is awesome!!! I'm sorry you are having such a hrd time w/ the wine. But maybe if you stop feeling guilty about having one glass you won't go overboard.
Hotcuban- I hope your WI went well but even if you had a baad week don't get discouraged.
Chef- I'm glad you are back on track, I bet it will really help since you and DF are doing it together.
Tex-Welcome Back!!! Let me know if you need any motivation! I'm here for ya!
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Yay Chelley! Missed you! I was hoping you hadn't jumped ship on us b/c you are doing SO well.

Enjoy the vaca.......sounds like you are keeping things in check food-wise.

And congrats on the HUGE NSV on buying regular sized clothes! That is just awesome!

I can't wait until the day I can just shop in a regular store, even in the plus-size section. I've been doing mail-order for years & I refuse to do it anymore. I'm on a clothing strike right now, I just want to be able to shop at Kohl's or Lane Bryant or something. Somewhere where I can actually try clothes on in a dressing room.

Man.......I used to love me some shopping. Can't wait!

Nancy - I looked EVERYWHERE today for the fish recipe you gave me....the one w/ the parmesean crust. Could you post it again?

Tell you what, my sober Friday nite has been super boring. No drinking, no smoking. Just me, DF & the dogs. We went grocery shopping instead of to the bar. Hopefully this self-restraint will reflect in my WI tomorrow. I'm trying not to drink or smoke until April 10th when we are going to a concert. I really should just give up the smoking for good.....but there's something about a cigarette & a beer that just take the edge off life's stresses.

Have a good nite ladies!

Last edited by ChefsGirl; 04-03-2009 at 10:32 PM.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #18  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

chelly congrats on the shopping spree! that is so awesome
chef I am not sure which recipe it is I have tried so many different ones LOL if you can remember a bit more it will help....did you put them in small containers and bake?, so I started going back through my cookbooks and have not spotted it yet but I am still looking!....see what happens when you fall off the wagon you forget about all those wonderful foods

Anyway chickies I am proud to say this morning I am mentally back on the wagon. This is a big step for me since I jumped off almost a month ago with promises to be good and did not do it. But somehow today it feels right, I think it was you chef...had me looking at those reciepes and it got my juices flowing and I want to get back into it

My new official wi day will be Saturday mornings!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #19  

Yay Nancy! You can join me for Saturday WI.

I can't remember anything else about the recipe, so if you run acrossed it let me know, but no worries.

I ended up making orange roughy last nite for dinner & it turned out wonderfully. Put it in the oven w/ some olive oil, white pepper, garlic & onion powder & baked for 40 minutes. Yums. DF even loved it.

Fighting temptation to go out tonite, don't know if I'll be able to stick to my guns or not. I don't know if you guys heard or not, but last nite Iowa became the third state to legalize gay marriages. I'm very proud to be an Iowan right now

DF is wanting to go downtown to celebrate w/ some of his coworkers AND we've been invited to a birthday party. Downtown will be a big, huge party w/ the good news. My wallet is saying "NO!" but my head & my heart is saying "YES!". Delima.

Bigger delima is that I have no clothes. I'd have to go buy something to wear out.

Anywho.....hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Last edited by ChefsGirl; 04-04-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #20  
Work in Progress

Ok I will keep looking for the recipe it has me curious now LOL

I say go out tonight it is a special occasion and not likely to happen very often. I am home baking homemade sourdough english muffins made with high fiber wheat flour...yummi...I estimate the pts to be 2 per muffin and they make a great sandwich with egg beaters in the morning

Lately I have been so into making bread with my own sourdough starter. The family knows I have to 'feed' my pet everyday unless I put it in the frig LOL

anyway so far my day has been on pt and am looking forward to some enchiladas for dinner made with corn tortilla's
Old 04-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #21  

LOVE sourdough anything. Can't bake tho.......but DF can. Can you shoot that recipe my way Nanc?

So we went out last nite. It was a good time, but had to come home early b/c DF wasn't feeling well. Didn't do much damage to the wallet so that was good.

I am having the hugest clothing crisis still. I'm going to have to break down & buy some stuff. Last nite the only bra that fits me died........the wire started poking out (I hate that). I'm going to have to get a new bra & a good pair of jeans. There's just no way around it. Not happy. I thought I'd try to get into the next smallest size in my closet last nite - they are a 26. Totally not happening. I'm currently wearing a 30 in pants (down from a 36!!!) so that's 2 sizes smaller.

Have my menu planned out for the day already. Having "fried" chicken for dinner. It's actually chicken coated w/ crunchy onions & baked. Haven't made it before so I'm hoping it turns out well.

I'm probably going to post this questions on the main website at welll, but does anyone have any whole grain ideas for me? I struggle w/ getting this GHGL in every day. Sick of Triscuits.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #22  
Work in Progress

chef's --hmm your chicken sounds awesome,
We went to pike street market up in seattle today and got some fresh halibut for dinner..it was great

did you want to know how to start a sourdough starter and care for it or just the bread recipe?

anyway I did slip up today and had fish and chips for lunch...which knocked my pts way up

tomorrow is another day
Old 04-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #23  

Hey Nanc - nevermind........I forgot that you had to do the whole "feed the beast" thing w/ sourdough. There's no way I can handle another "beast" to take care of right now......between DF, 2 dogs & 4 cats!! Thanks anyway.

So, I fell off the wagon yesterday. I went to make the chicken dish I was planning & my chicken was in the freezer. For some reason that set me off & we ordered pizza, which I totally overate.

Don't know what is going on w/ me......I've been losing my focus the last couple of weeks.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #24  

Hey Guys!!!
Well I weighed in this morning and lost .....NOTHING!!! Not one darn ounce, I know I should be happy I didn't gain but it still sucks!!! Oh Well, I just need to buckle down. I had chili and frnech fries for lunch but its OK cause I have dinner planned tonight: Shake and Bake boneless pork chops, Green beans, and mashed potatoes. My biggest challenge is getting in all my fruits and veggies so I will have to focus on that this week.
Nancy- That sourdough sounds SOOOOOOO good!!!!
Chef- Sorry about the clothing crisis, I had that feeling a few weeks ago. When I finally went to get a new bra it made all the difference!! My boobs were no longer droopy! LOL
Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #25  
Work in Progress

oh chef you got too many 'pets' I thought I had enough...one DH, 2 DD (16 & 17), 1 dog (husky), 1 parakeet ---and now everyone sing..a partridge in a pear tree.
as for the fall off the wagon -- who cares it was one day with a pizza...I love pizza and will use any excuse LOL

chelley you hang in there you have seen me moan and groan for months and this past week I gain although I did not move my ticker....that is why I had my weigh in at 0.0 it is a fresh start

Now as for the bra...sweetie be thankful you need a bra! when my weight is gone I will look like I am 12...with a big back side.. (I know which side of the family I take after LOL) Anyway I am glad you have a 'new support' system in place

night all
Old 04-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #26  

I hate was is happening to my boobs as I lose weight.........that's all I have to say today.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #27  

Chef- I am laughung my butt off!!!!! But I know how you feel about the loss of boobage
Nancy- I know you know how I feel! It sucks!!!!! Hopefully we will both lose next week!
Well I wanted to eat better this week but I'm not doing great. I had a 6 inch sub with no cheese and lots of veggies but..... I also had 2 cookies!!! They were warm and yummy and calling my name!! So my lunch was 13 points which leaves 13 points for dinner and we are having chili. I think I will stay w/in points but I need to have more veggies!
My sweet tooth is back w/ a vengence and I having been having fries way too often. At least I have things back under control as far as limiting my points now just to use my points for filling foods and not junk.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #28  
Work in Progress

I know we will lose something this week I can feel it. I did not get my veggies in today either chelly don't know what happened.

And the sweet tooth I have no suggestions. I try and keep some fat free/sugar free pudding made up then eat that with a huge scoop of fat free whip topping or I will eat a fat free fudge cycle...those help me but sometimes it is just not enough! I even keep a box of choc/oatmeal fiber one bars handy

hey have you ever tried carrot fries instead of french fires..they are truly awesome. take your carrots and cut up like fries put on cookie sheet sprayed with pam (I also use a sheet of parchment paper then spray) then spray again, salt the fries and bake at 400/450 until done about 30-40 min they are sooo good
Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #29  

Hi everyone name is nikki and i will be 27 on the 17th have decided to do the WW thing again...this would be my 3rd time on WW..problem is i get off track...i will be really good for a month or so and then just slip a fiew times and yea then that turns into forgetting the plan all together...

I got married in august 2007 and have gained almost 30lbs..yea least i can say we are happy lol...

We have been trying to have a baby for almost a year with no luck and this is not helping my over eating...so decided that i will try to loose some weight to be healthier, and hopefully this will also help in the baby making area..
nikki8221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Hey Nikki--I'm 27 too and gained the equivilant of an anorexic teenager since I had kids (or rather--I gained the equivilant of my best friend).

I have a friend who used WW to lose 70lbs to have a baby and had twins almost 3 years ago...good luck!
hotcubanmama is offline   Reply With Quote