Old 01-20-2008, 07:39 AM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Smile At Home Support Group.......1/20 - 1/26

Good Morning Everyone! Hope everyone had a great week! Drinking lots of water, eating smart, and moving some!
FYI: Some good reading I found this week..........**Prevention Weight Loss Planner - Biggest Loser edition, **Diet 2008, & **Family Circle.

Some good eating: **Smart Ones Sesame Orange Chicken, Weight Control Oatmeal & Kashi Go Lean Cereal.

I added exercise last week......finally. Though sore, I felt better and noticed I was able to stay up past 8:30 - 9:00! However, there were a couple of nights that I went to bed and watched t.v. so that I would AVOID the KITCHEN!!!

Well gotta run. Hope to hear good news, bad news, or any news at all from you soon! Have a great day!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #2  
jeanne

PS - Well................not really "bad news"............but you know what I mean!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #3  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Jeanne--We know what you mean. I have the Prevention Magazine Biggest Loser Edition. I usually buy them when they are out. I don't have the Family Circle one. I will be on the lookout for it. I also have the People Magazine Half Their Size edition. I buy that every year.

Regarding the food finds I like the Kashi Go Lean Cereal and the Weight Control Oatmeal. Kashi has meals too. They are a little more expensive then the rest and even when they are on sale they are still a little more. So I don't get them often but I like them.

Nothing terrifically exciting going on with me. I will check back in later
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Jeanne & Shay,

I would like to join this thread group. I am new to this group although not new to WW. I purchased the At Home Kit and started WW At Home back in February 2007, but didn't stick with it although I did lose for a while. I realized recently that my weight is going up and is creeping back up to more than it was when my previous DH passed away 7 yrs ago. I had lost quite a bit when I married my new DH 5 yrs ago. I have been reading and checking into many different ways of eating healthy and decided WW Flex is a good way to eat the healthy way I want to eat. Actually I need the Flex Plan to learn to eat them in the proper portions. So here I am. I am already a big water drinker so I did drink all my water last week and more. Perhaps that is the reason I have only gained 1 lb of the recent 5 lbs I had lost.

Kind of started yesterday, but I like my WI day to be on Sunday with the start of a new week. I have a bad knee that I injured in July so I have finally worked up to 1/2 a mile a day on stationar bike as of this past week. I hope to work up to 1 mile a day next month. I also plan to start some exercises using weights this week.

I look forward to getting to know y'all.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-20-2008 at 11:23 AM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #5  
jeanne

Trish! So nice to meet you! Good luck with the WW at Home! I love WW. However I had to add exercise to get a boost. I hadn't seen the scale move - up or down - in quite awhile! Keep us posted!
Old 01-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #6  

Thanks Jeanne for the Welcome. For some reason I suddenly have this motivation and I am excited about coming back to WW.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

I just bought some of the Kashi Go Lean cereal and I LOVE it!!!! I've been obsessed with the Kashi Go Lean waffles for quite sometime, I have one for breakfast every morning!!! For so long I stayed away from Kashi brand thinking it'd taste like "diet" food..... but was I ever wrong!!!! Also, I've found that the waffles are QUITE a bit cheaper at our WalMart supercenter ($1.94 for a box of 6) as opposed to $2.93 at our local Reasors store. So I stock up when I can!

I'm doing well this week. I've seen my weight go down the past couple of days.... hoping it's a trend that will continue right up until weigh-in day on Friday!

Hope you ladies are having a great week!!!!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #8  

Patty!

jar you look so cute in your new picture. I hoped that everyone will have a good week. I am going back to school next week. I am taking chemistry
(im being sarcastic with the smile) so, I know that I will be busy during the week. So, I am going to try to check in every weekned.
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:30 AM   #9  
jeanne

Morning........

Julz - I'll have to try the waffles! I know what you are saying about the cereal too! I thought that as well!
It is pricey, but dieting, I do try to weigh it out - so I should get my moneys worth! lol! You're looking great girl!

Patty - so glad your excited! Stay motivated and excited! It helps!!

Synergy - Chemistry???? Urgh! Good Luck with that! lol! Thanks for the comment. My dh doesn't like that picture. He laughs and says I look like I have a lazy eye going on. I am actually in my p.j.'s thinking about going to bed..........lol

Hi Ruthannie!

Daph, Keitha, & Mom2...........I miss you! You guys are the reason I'm here!

Have a great day everyone! Stay OP! Hugs!

Last edited by jar1965; 01-21-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Just to show you where my brain is.... I started a new "at home support group 1/20-1/26" thread because I didn't think one had been started yet..... but then.... I had posted in THIS thread on the 20th....wow..... I should've had a V-8.... everyone IGNORE the other thread for this week!!!!!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Confused me, not that it takes much!
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #12  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hey, chicks!

Jeanne - Before I forget, one thing about the weight control oatmeal... if you can handle the 'lower sugar' oatmeal, it's one less point. I gave up my weight control oatmeal and switched to the lower sugar stuff and I try to have a fruit with breakfast. It makes me feel more like I'm having a meal... they don't sell my favorite flavor of the weight control stuff here in my area, so I didn't mind the switch too much. I got the Biggest Loser edition of Prevention and I keep it because there's a chick in there who is built JUST like me and was about the same starting weight and height as I was... and I look at her pic when I get dicsouraged to remind me that even at my size, age and weight, this can be done!

Trish - This is my third time on Weight Watchers, but this time I have about 70 pounds of weight gone already that I lost on my own... just counting calories. Aftr a year of being on my own plan and being disciplined and changing the way I live instead of just 'dieting', coming back to WW was a no-brainer. I knew it would just be a great way to help me know I am LIVING healthy. So I'm pretty stoked about being back on WW too. I used to hate the program because it felt like something I could never do, but since I have really leanred to LIVE this way, it's GREAT! I think my problem was just that I wanted instant gratification and I didn't want to have to change for life. Now that I've fought all this weight off, I never want to go back to eating junk again! I feel too good to care about Little Debbie cakes and Doritos! Hehehe. Best wishes to you!

Shay - I've never tried the Kashi cereal... I have tried a few of their products and love them though. Would the cereal be something that would be good as a dry snack? I don't usually like to eat cereal for breakfast. I snack on Kix and Cheerios sometimes.

Julz - Can't wait to hear what the results are for you on weigh day!

Synergy - Don't have too much fun in class. Remember to take some time out of your week just for YOU!

ruthannie - I read your post on the other thread. I'm interested in that book. I'll have to check it out sometime! Good job winning the battle with the munchies! I've had some real issues this week because I'm not feeling well and of course the only thing I want to do is EAT! I have Three days left in the week and only five flex points left. Thank God for activity points!

My weight is creeping upward. I always gain when I get sick and I've been feeling kinda icky the last few days. I'm on-plan and I will stay there no matter what... but I'm feeling a little down because I had already reached my V-Day goal and now I might have to change my ticker to say I haven't met it yet. Grrrrrrr... I'm keeping my eyes on the prize, though. This is not a diet. This is my life... so I can't stop now!

Have a great day, gals! I'll check in again soon!

Last edited by ekstatikia; 01-23-2008 at 08:13 AM.
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Chicks!

I'm around, I don't have time to post much right now, but I wanted to say hello. Great job everyone, I'll try to post later when I have some time.

Have a great week!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #14  

Just checking in to say hello. Hope everybody is having a great day.

Patty
Old 01-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #15  
going thin

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'3

It is really quiet on here. Everyone must be busy. I gained this week only .6 but my ticker would be going in the wrong direction if I changed it. I am ok with it now. I need to slow down anyway.

I love the lower sugar oatmeal! I had a hard time with the weight control but I think it was the texture.

Cameron I do not see you on here this week but I just wanted to let you know that I do daycare also. It is so hard not to eat the leftovers isn't it. I have to put it either right in the fridge or down the garbage disposal. Cookies and brownies are also not allowed in here.

Have you guys heard of the pb bliss bars from WW? If you are a PB fan you have to have these---and they are one point! I can't keep my 9 year old son out of them.
KEEP MOVING!!
Tracy
stengel150 is offline   Reply With Quote