Old 01-08-2007, 06:20 AM   #1  

Default Weigh-in at home 1/8 - 1/14

Starting the topic. Be right back.

Judy
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:22 AM   #2  

Melissa, Myramoo and Redeemed - Welcome! This is a great place for support!

I was a bit snacky last night and used a few more flex points than I would have liked but I journalled them. I'll be back later.

Judy
Old 01-08-2007, 07:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/215.4/200

Height: 6'0

Thanks Judy for the welcome...I think last night was a snacky kind of night for me too. We are finally getting some snow outside and when it chilly I tend to get snacky. I didn't go crazy though and I was down some more this morning so maybe my body needed it. Of course they were the kids Gummy snacks lol wasn't the healthiest choice but sometimes you just need a little sweetness. lol

I am off to make some breakfast for myself...bbl.
Mels4Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys well I kind of disappeared for the holidays, but I am back i put on 1.8 pounds which I am okay about considering what i put in my mouth and the little walking or swimming I did. But today I am back on track and hopefully back op, so i hope next week will show a loss. I wish everyone a great week.

l&dnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/180/145

Height: 5'4"

Today is my weigh in day - i lost 5 pounds this week! Although im sure being sick over the weekend helped some of that. I realize my weight loss wil slow down after a while, just as it did when i did WW before, but it sure is nice to see now. Hoping to lose 3 this week.
sk8rbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #6  
wannabethinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudySP View Post
Melissa, Myramoo and Redeemed - Welcome! This is a great place for support!

I was a bit snacky last night and used a few more flex points than I would have liked but I journalled them. I'll be back later.

Judy

Thanks so much for the welcome Judy!! I am really looking forward to posting here.

I just stepped on the scale and wanted to cry I gained 2 pounds. 246 now. I can't wait to get my at home kit, so I can actually start doing WW.

Does anyone know how long they usually take to arrive??

Redeemed
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #7  
MJ

S/C/G: 198/193/120

Height: 5'2

Is this where we weigh in ? Or is that later in the week , I weighed this morning , I am down 5lbs so far . The hardest part of this so far is starting the exercise .I am doing this on my own , with the mesaage board as inspiration , that and the tape measure I keep in my purse !
198/193/120
mjuhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

I'll echo the welcome to our newcomers Melissa, Myramoo, Redeemed and mjuhase too.

Judy - Sorry to hear the snack attacks are still getting you. But as long as you have the flex points and are journaling them, all's well.

Melissa - Chilly weather makes me want to snack too. There are worse snacks than gummy bears.

l&d - That's not too bad a gain over the holidays considering that the average is 5-7 pounds. Getting back on track is the key thing.

sk8rbug - Congrats on a terrific loss. I'm sorry to hear you were sick over the weekend. Hope you're feeling better.

Redeemed - It's been a lot of years since I got my at home kit, but I seem to recall it took about a week. In the meantime, there are some steps you can take that will get you in the groove for getting started: drink 6-8 glasses of water a day and try to get in at least 5 fruit and veggie servings. Doing just that alone might make you see a loss the next time you step on the scale.

mju - You can weigh in whenever you like. We all have different days. Exercise is hard for me too - I just don't like it.

My weekend was so-so, but I'm back on track today. I did major grocery shopping for the first time in forever, so we're stocked with fruits, veggies and all kinds of good things. The best part is that I went for the first time to a small, independent, local chain and got lots of groceries for not a lot of money. And they carry the Boar's head lunchmeats, which are just about the only kind of deli meats that are CORE, should I choose to go that route. So all in all it's been a profitable day.

Have a great one.

Carla
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #9  

Does anyone know how many breads you can have a day. I have all the ww info except how many breads, dairies, fats etc...
Thanks
zaptap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #10  
wannabethinner

Thanks cece!!

The fruit and water part is easy... just the veggies that will be hard---
Old 01-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

zaptap - There is no limit on breads. You choose how you want to spend your points.

Redeemed - Do you dislike veggies or just find it hard to get them in? Now might be a good time to start experimenting.... One other thing you can do now is to start practicing portion control. Determine what constitutes a serving of whatever it is you're eating and measure it out. Even if you end up eating more than one serving, you'll get in the habit of weighing and measuring. It makes a big difference.
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #12  
wannabethinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cece View Post
zaptap - There is no limit on breads. You choose how you want to spend your points.

Redeemed - Do you dislike veggies or just find it hard to get them in? Now might be a good time to start experimenting.... One other thing you can do now is to start practicing portion control. Determine what constitutes a serving of whatever it is you're eating and measure it out. Even if you end up eating more than one serving, you'll get in the habit of weighing and measuring. It makes a big difference.

I don't dislike veggies... I just don't know how to cook them a whole lot of different ways. And I have no real culinary skills... I eat and cook the basics (broccoli, green beans, peas and corn) I also usually don't cook fresh veggies. I can eat raw carrots and broccoli so maybe I will start with that.

I actually bought a food scale a few months ago, but haven't even opened it yet. (I will soon though)
Old 01-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Hello and welcome to all the new folks!!

Well, I managed to break that 218 plateau I've been on for nearly a month, and I lost 3 pounds last week! I worked really hard to do it, so I'm quite happy! That also means I've lost a grand total of 60 pounds! 50 to go! (Ok, that sounds like a lot, but considering where I started, it's not bad!)

Also, I changed my Onederland goal -- I'm going to try to hit it by March 13 instead of by Valentine's Day. My little 218 roadblock kind of screwed up my plans, and I don't want to set myself up for failure by setting a goal that would mean I have to lose more than 2 pounds a week. I'm a firm believer in shooting for 1-2 pounds a week and seeing anything more than that as just a bonus.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #14  
wannabethinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie71 View Post
Hello and welcome to all the new folks!!

Well, I managed to break that 218 plateau I've been on for nearly a month, and I lost 3 pounds last week! I worked really hard to do it, so I'm quite happy! That also means I've lost a grand total of 60 pounds! 50 to go! (Ok, that sounds like a lot, but considering where I started, it's not bad!)

Also, I changed my Onederland goal -- I'm going to try to hit it by March 13 instead of by Valentine's Day. My little 218 roadblock kind of screwed up my plans, and I don't want to set myself up for failure by setting a goal that would mean I have to lose more than 2 pounds a week. I'm a firm believer in shooting for 1-2 pounds a week and seeing anything more than that as just a bonus.
WOW!! Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing... It is very encouraging. I think I would have stopped at any kind of plateau.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #15  

Melissa - some days you just have to have some gummy snacks! Seriously, as long as you count it, it's all OK.

Hi Fiona - sure I remember you. It's good to see you back. I'm with you on the 1.8 gain - I did the same over the holidays. The important thing is that we are back on track!

sk8rbug - Congratulations on on that great loss!

Redeemed - Don't be discouraged. Your kit should come soon and in the meantime, Carla had some great tips to get you started.

mjuhase - welcome!

Carla - good for you for getting to the grocery store for some major shopping. As you know, it's so important to have the right things in the house otherwise I end up reaching for things that aren't the best choices. Of course, sometimes I reach for those anyway but you know what I mean ;-)

zaptap - as Carla said, you don't have limits on breads, etc. like you did years ago on WW. You just have to stay within your points and follow the Healthy Eating guidelines (water, fruits and veggies, etc.)

Redeemed - one thing we have "discovered" recently is roasting veggies. We cut up whatever veg we have, spray a foil-lined baking pan, put the veggies on the pan, sprinkle with some salt and pepper (and sometimes a tsp or so of olive oil) and bake the veggies at around 350 until they're done (we like them really carmelized - they are really yummy that way.

Lisa - Congratulations on your great loss, getting off that pesky plateau and losing a total of 60 pounds - fantastic!! I think you are being very wise about adjusting your goal.

I had a pretty good day yesterday and the same for today. I walked on the treadmill, did some yoga and did some of my PT home exercises. I snacked a bit last night but not too much and everything was counted and journalled. Today I did a nice long yoga session (my class starts tomorrow and I'm very excited.) My only challenge this week will be a January holiday party with people from my old school. I'm not sure what will be served but I will use my flex points if necessary. Since I'll be driving, I can't have more than one glass of wine anyway and probably won't have any. That should help keep things in check.

Have a great one,
Judy