Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #16  

Hi, everyone. This is the start of my second week on WW. I'm down .6 pounds. I'm disapponted but I went over my points for the week. I did, however, increase my water intake. This week I have started back at the gym and I am bwing more diligent about watching my points.
shiloh757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, I'm back after the holidays and totally STUCK on the scale. I'm trying really hard this week to stay exactly on plan and I'm hoping to break through this little plateu with that.

Lisa - I'm stuck at 217. I was also hoping to hit ONEderland by Valentine's, but it doesn't look likely now. I'm very disappointed because my best friend is coming to visit from California that next week and I really wanted to be there by then. I saw that you were stuck at about the same and thought I'd ask how you busted it. I've been stuck for 4 weeks now

Welcome to all of the new people, I have to get kids ready for school, but knew that if I didn't sit down and at least do a mini-post I'd never get back on here and back to the swing of things.

Congratulations to all you losers out there and hugs to those who are struggling!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 222/215.4/200

Height: 6'0

Ugh, I had a bad night last night.

We had fried chicken and I had more than I should have and ate beyond being full so I ended up feeling disgusted afterward and to add insult to injury I comforted myself with a cup of Hot Vanilla cocoa w/ Irish Cream in it. Its not that I totally went over my points or that I didn't have flex pts to cover it but the scale knows and I went up 2 lbs. I don't think its a full weight gain either, I think once its digested I will be back down but I am disgusted that I have so little resistence. Its like once I screw myself I say "Oh heck...screw yourself some more!" "If you are going to be bad...be good at it!" ugh

I have to go bowling today on my league and its usually a hard day for me anyways. I am determined to get thru it without a binge from the vending machine. I am going to eat lunch at my mom's before I go and I am going to put something for me to snack on in my bag...sneak it in because they don't allow it otherwise. They have a full snack bar but they don't always have raw veggies and they charge up the wazooo for it.

So today is a new day..I am going to burn some calories cleaning my mom's house and bowling and hopefully I will lose what gain I saw this morning.

Congrats to those who have lost..its encouraging to read your successes during the week.
Mels4Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Mom2QJ, I'm sorry you're stuck!! I'm terrified of getting stuck again. I think I broke the plateau by just regaining my focus after the holidays. I did ok through the holidays, because I only overate here and there, and I had a couple of days where I didn't exactly count my points, but I kept up with my workouts. So I think I just maintained because I was simply eating more than I normally do. On January 2, though, I refocused and made sure I stayed well within my target point range every day for a week to see if I could get unstuck. I worked out every day, including some runs. Have you been staying within your points and you still can't break it? Maybe add some more exercise or vary your calorie range every day. Some people have success with that -- shocking their metabolism by doing something like the Wendie plan, where your calories vary from day to day instead of staying around the same amount. If I didn't get unstuck this week, that was what I was about to try.

Don't worry, we'll get to Onederland. Look how close we are!!! And we'll celebrate!

Mels, don't worry about that chicken -- it's in the past!! Just hop right back on track and move forward!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Redeemed - Look for a stir-fry veggie mix in the grocery store. If you have a Trader Joe's or a Costco near you, they both carry good ones. It's a tasty way to get your veggies in. Explore cookbooks at your library - you're sure to get a lot of ideas.

LisaMarie - Congrats on breating your plateau and on a terrific weight loss so far! You've done great! Good idea to dial back your goal a bit so you don't get frustrated.

Judy - How was your yoga class yesterday? I'm sure you'll do fine at the party with your old colleagues.

Shiloh - Congrats on your loss. Good for you for getting back to the gym.

Mom2 - Sorry to hear about the plateau. Try not to get too frustrated. Just keep telling yourself that eating properly is doing good things for your health, even if your not seeing results at the scale right now. I'm sure you'll see a nice loss soon.

Melissa - Fried chicken has gotten me more than once. Just try to remember how you felt after you ate it. If you had the flex points, then don't beat yourself up over it. Even if you didn't have the flex points, don't beat yourself up. All you can do is what you're doing - own it and move forward.

I'm very happy with my 2.2 pound loss this week. I'm just taking it one day at a time and looking forward to steady progress.

Have a great evening.

Carla
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #21  

Thanks ladies...I am over it. lol

I have been on track and gone back down as I write. I also rejoined WW's in town and just trying to adjust the new method. On the new program I have more points so I definately don't feel any guilt for being over any time this week. lol

I am glad I rejoined I got revitalized with ideas for products and meals. Their scale showed me higher so I might not weigh in at all this week and wait until I do my first weeks WI at the meeting. That way I am on the same page as them on my weight. lol

So...doing and feeling good. I also survived the Bowling Alley, made a plan and stuck to it to beat those cravings for the snack bar and vending machine. It felt good to drive home and KNOW that I stayed on track and could enjoy my dinner without feeling like I should skip the full meal.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/182/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Still trying to figure out how to put on the sliding scale thingy and avatars. I just quit smoking in OCT. and gained back all of my WW weight I had lost, last year( (about 13 pounds). I am kind of bummed out about that, but I am now following the WW points flex again. It seems to be very very slow. At least now, I have stopped my scale from climbing any further. I know exercise is important, but I hate to "exercise". I love to garden and that sort of thing, but in the winter, there isn't much to do around my area, except things that could break bones. Anyhow, I am going to check back now and then. I am keeping a weight tracker on the fridge, so I have to at least weigh in for my family! It has only been a week and a half so far, nothing really has budged. Talk to you soon, Jenny in MN

Last edited by badmojo; 01-13-2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: testing
badmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #23  

Just testing to see if the scale shows here, good, it's working now! hooooraaaawwww
Old 01-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #24  

Talking

Me again, I forgot to ask, how to use this site/thread of the forum. Are any of you just following the ww program at home, or, just getting support here? Thanks!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #25  

Shiloh - congratulations on the loss - any loss is a good one in my book.

Mom2 - sorry about the plateau. I know it's frustrating but stick with it and you will see a loss soon. Maybe you should try shaking it up a bit - try some different foods, add some activity. That's what I've heard people say when they've gotten off plateaus. I'm sure the scale will move soon as long as you stick with it.

Melissa - sorry to hear about the fried chicken. That's a tough food to resist for me. The important thing is to not let it get to you. My leader says that guilt is the most fattening thing out there. Forgive yourself - journal it and forget it. It's one meal out of 21. I'm glad all went well with your bowling league. I find my meeting really helps when I need a boost - like today!

Lisa - Hi!

Carla - congratulations on the 2.2 pound loss!!! Steady progress will get you there - I want to hear that you shocked your doctor so stick with it! The yoga class was wonderful! It is Hatha yoga, Iyengar based which means it is very focused on proper alignment. It is not fast moving but the intensity comes from holding the poses. Since there were 2 of us who were new to the class (very small class, which is great) she took the time to focus on some basics. Even though I have been practicing for a few years, I found that what she said and how she helped adjust me made me see (and feel) the poses in a whole new light. She also took the time before the class to talk to me about modifications I should make because of my neck. I can't wait for this week!

Jenny - congratulations on quitting smoking!!!! For me, that was the hardest thing I ever did (11 years on Jan. 9th) so good for you. The pounds will come off. Just try to remember that quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for your health. I love to garden too although I didn't get to do much of it this past summer because I hurt my back. Maybe you can try to get 10 minutes of activity here and there - take the stairs instead of the elevator, park further away from a store, etc. I think most people here follow ww at home, getting support here. I get support here and also go to meetings.

I had a so-so week. I did OK at the party but found myself slipping when I got home and yesterday. I decided not to weigh in today although I did go to the meeting. I'm finding that I'm slipping into a bad old habit. I do well at the beginning of the week and then start slipping towards the end of the week. Well, that stops now. I decided that I'm going to go back and find the books that we got last year when my center was testing the new program. There was material that wasn't included in the new program that I found the most helpful (it was more the thinking piece) and it's time to revisit it.

I started out OK today. I did a tough-ish 30 minute cardio and strength DVD that I haven't done in quite some time and then added some ab work (part of my PT requirements). I wrote most of the progress reports I need to get done this weekend (I have a ton more to do but am trying to do some each weekend). I have lesson plans to do tomorrow or Monday but that's more enjoyable than the progress reports so I decided to do those today. I plan on doing some yoga in a bit. I have a temporary crown that's been bothering me (it woke me up at 4:00 this morning) and I'm just waiting for the Advil to kick in. I'm seeing the dentist on Thursday anyway. It seems to be OK as long as I remember not to chew on that side; of course, sometimes I forget....

Have a great one,
Judy
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:59 PM   #26  

I forgot to come by and weigh in on Friday.

I rejoined the WW's meeting and their scale was higher than mine by a lb but then again I weighed at night instead of first thing in the morning. So I will go by WW's for now on and according to them I lost 1.4 lbs. I am looking forward to next week. I use to get really discouraged by such little losses but now I will take every little one because I do know how they will add up whether losses or gains...and I would much rather see the losses. lol

Judy...thanks for the encouragement and I did exactly what you said instead of making the situation worse by throwing in the week.

BadMojo...I think everyone here is doing WW's at home but some do meeting too. I think this type of thread is posted weekly and as you go thru your week you check in with how you are doing as well as give support. I like everything on one thread for the week because its easier to go back and find the thread you want to re read.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #27  

Talking breakfast things

HI, if anyone is in the flex program, can they give me some everyday and not get boring breakfast things? I am an egg person, but does ww make anything breakfasty yet? Breakfast seems to be an issue for me. I am burnt out on cereal. Latley, I have been having a brownberry healthy nut bagel 4 pts, and 1/3 less fat cream cheese, 2 T for 2 pts that I have inserted many good spices, so thats 6 pts. I am wondering anyones thoughts on this also, even if we stay in the pts range, is it possible that me eating that bagel, even tho there is tons of fiber, may be holding me back? I used to eat dry cereal mixed with yogurt, fruit, but then got tired of it. Any suggestions for breakfast would be great. Oh, anyone do salads at night for supper instead of lunch, find the weight loss faster? Thanks Jenny
Old 01-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all -

badmojo - Welcome. I'm not a huge fan of exercise either, although I'm trying very hard to wrap my mind around getting started. I do WW on-line only; no meetings for me. As for breakfast, eating a bagel isn't going to stall your weight loss, in my opinion, as long as you're counting the points. Eating or avoiding certain foods may better help you manage hunger and cravings, but in the end a calorie is a calorie and a point is a point. I like whole wheat English muffins with turkey sausage for breakfast. I also like to eat a peanut butter sandwich - 1 T of PB on whole wheat bread. Also, English muffin with a Morningstar breakfast patty and a slice of 2% cheese. Since you like eggs, you could add one and have your own egg McMuffin. I'll sometimes also eat a ham sandwich for breakfast, or a "grilled" cheese sandwich. (I toast bread, put a slice or two of 2% cheese on it, wrap in paper towel and microwave on 50% for about 20 seconds.)

I've been having a good weekend. We've now had homemade meals for two weeks straight and it's making a difference in how both John and I feel. I'm also finding that I feel full at dinner faster. Today is going to be tricky as we'll be watching the Bear's playoff game, so I'll want to snack, but I'll keep busy picking up the living room, etc.

Enjoy your day!

Carla

Judy - I'm so glad to hear that you like the yoga class as much as you did. Good for you for getting your slide into bad habits in check now. Did I mention that I'm looking into a health club that has a wellness program that includes an evaluation with an exercise physiologist and a personalized 3-month workout plan? I don't know if I'll do it or not - I'm not really into working out amidst a bunch of strangers, yet I feel that with the arthritis bothering me, etc. that a medically-oriented plan might benefit me.

Shiloh - Congrats on a terrific loss! As long as it's a march downward, it's all good.
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:42 AM   #29  

RE: Breakfast

I try to change it up, somedays I just stick to Special K and add my own fruit w/ ff milk...otherdays I may have a 1-2 pt yogurt, fruit and an English muffin or lite whole wheat toast. You really have to take a counter and check the points at the store...remember you can always turn a plain bagel into something more with ff cream cheese and cinnamon or an egg and bacon. Just count your points.

I have been burnt out on salads lately, but I try to incorporate vegs/fruits thru out my day so I am not trying to pack them in at night. I journal everyday what I eat if you want to visit my blog. I think if you hit my profile you can see the link to the blog...at my blog click Food and you will see all my post since I restarted WW's at the end of Dec. If I didn't journal its because I had a bad day and didn't stay accountable...but I did try to journal even on those days so keep that in mind if you see some really bad food choices listed. lol
Old 01-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #30  

Thanks, I will try these then!