Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh In AT Home 10/8 - 1014

Hi everyone.

Hope you all had good weekends. We had great weather, cool but sunny. We took the opportunity to go for a walk on Saturday and take Ana to the park on Sunday. Have to get in as much outdoor activity as possible before the really cold weather sets in. Had an ok weekend, eating-wise. Sunday was better than Saturday, both days were better than last weekend. I stocked up on some great stuff this weekend and have suppers planned out, at least in my head, so I'm raring to go this week. TOM is just a few days away, so I'm feeling really bloated and yucky right now. It probably doesn't bode well for the scale on Wednesday, but I'll keep guzzling my water and we'll see.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 10-08-2001, 02:25 PM   #2  
Determined Chick!

Hi guys! I had the best of intentions over the weekend, and got really inspired at my meeting on Thursday, but I didn't end up tracking pts, journaling, or exercising. Sat was not bad -- considering I went to a party -- but I got out of hand on Sunday (fast food, cookies,etc...) Another busy day where I didn't take the time to plan for me. However, today is a new day, and I am ready for my shot of motivation!

Cece -- Way to go planning meals for the week!! Planning is so important to success. Keep up the good work, and you'll do great for your Wed weigh-in.

Holly
Old 10-08-2001, 06:09 PM   #3  

Hi Holly and Carla, you two are starting out great this week, so keep it up!

I had a bad weekend, shoulder and neck kept me from exercising, basically I spent the weekend flat on my back. I was able to drive today, so went to the chiropractor and hopefully I'll be able to exercise tomorrow. Stopped at McDonald's on the way back with all good intentions of getting one of those fruit and yogurt thingies, but ended up with a small chocolate shake, how did that happen? Anyway, I'll still be witin my point spread for today. Stepped on the scale this morning for weekly weighin and it said "Lo". I thought that meant I had lost but it just means I need a new battery, darn! So I'll have to get one and weigh in later in the week.

Stay OP and remember, if you eat it, write it down!

Last edited by Phoinix; 10-08-2001 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-08-2001, 06:27 PM   #4  
cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

Sounds like everyone has a good plan for the week. I have been staying OP and losing. I weighed myself on a scale and it said 145!!!!!

It was an antique scale, and obviously broken. But wow, that was cool. May I remind you all that you can go to a store and weigh yourself on 4 different scales and get 4 different weights.

Anyway, my jeans are fitting a bit loose, even after washing - this usually equals success.

Work = stress

but we don't have to eat our ways through it.

Carla, you will be ok for your weigh-in.

Phoinix, I am sorry to hear about your back and shoulder problem. Hope you are back active soon.

Must dash,

Jennifa
216/145/170
Old 10-08-2001, 06:43 PM   #5  
cookies are for browsers

Oh, I forgot:

Holly, don't hate me, but here is a motivator for you (and me, and for everyone trying to lose):

Every time you think of eating, every time you have food in front of you, think of how much you want to be thin. It isn't going to be easy to get there, otherwise we'd all be on Ally McBeal by now. Is that food going to get you to goal? If it isn't, DON'T EAT IT.

Believe me we are all struggling but when it comes down to it we get to pick what we put in our bodies.

I really struggled for a long time and now the weight is finally coming off because I have found a way to break the boredom and stress eating chain. I also exercise all the time. I stop eating when I'm full. I only eat when I am hungry. I am starting to realize that my body is the temple for creating the life that I want to live, and it all starts (or keeps going, depending on how you look at it) with what I do to fuel that temple.

I guess all of this comes BEFORE the planning of meals and the weigh ins and the exercise plans. It's part of being ready to lose weight.

Ok, off the podium and back to work. I know you can do this. We are here to help.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:46 PM   #6  

Carla - Way to go improving your weekend and planning suppers for this week. Darrell and I went to the park yesterday too. We just went to walk the trail since it was so pretty out.

Holly - I'm with you on a new day. I kept repeating that to myself all day. I will not let a bad weekend carry over into the new week.

Karen - Sorry you are having trouble with your shoulder and neck. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Jennifa - Yes...jeans fitting even after washing is a good sign.

The PMS monster struck me full force this weekend. It was a little early this month so I didn't even realize that was the problem. What a relief to realize what was causing the snacking, bad mood, etc. Anyway I couldn't face the scale this morning. I'm feeling much better today and it showed in my eating choices. I did get out for a walk yesterday and today.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Pat
Old 10-09-2001, 11:22 AM   #7  

Jennifa, what a hoot, love that scale! Thanks for the motivational post, it really is helping me. And congrats on a great outlook on life.

Pat, don't you just hate the PMS monster? Believe me, I understand how you feel about avoiding the scale this week. Last month I gained several pounds which I lost the next week, but it sure didn't feel good stepping ont he scale and seeing it, even though I knew it had to be water weight.

I'm feeling better today, so will be exercising later. I've spent the morning doing housework so at least I'm moving!
Old 10-09-2001, 01:46 PM   #8  

Hi everyone -

Holly - I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad day on Sunday. Now reach back to the inspiration that you felt at your meeting last week and let it guide you for the rest of this week.

Karen - Sometimes, shakes happen. As long as you were still within your points range, no damage done. Sorry to hear that you were laid up over the weekend. Sounds like you're on the mend - good. Got a chuckle over your scale saying "lo". Could you imagine a scale that made editorial comments? I shudder at what mine would say.

Pat - It's the pits when the PMS monster just sneaks up on you. That's what happened to me last week - didn't pay attention to the calendar and bam - he was in my house before I even knew I opened the door. As for not facing the scale - that's where I was last week.

Jennifa - I have to find a scale like the one you weighed on. What I wouldn't give to see that number. Kind of a sneak preview of what's to come. Breaking the boredom and stress eating chain is so key, as is learning to eat only when hungry and stopping when full. They are also hard steps to master, at least for me. Has it been the Chopra plan that's helped you conquer these things or do you attribute your success in that area to something else?

I had a good day yesterday and managed to save some points. Actually, I was really tired (didn't sleep well the night before) so I was pleased that I was able to really stay OP well. Usually when I'm that tired, its all up for grabs. I did have more chocolate than I need to, but it all worked into my points. I'm retraining myself to get up at 5:00 every day this week. Once I get used to that, which will happen by the end of the week, I'll be more geared up to resume my early morning exercise. Today I took the list of dinner menus that was floating in my head and wrote them down. And I've started thinking ahead for my breakfasts and lunches as well. My mindset for staying on track is so much better when I do that. Tomorrow I know that one of my co-workers is bringing in Krispy Kremes (which is still a hard-to-find treat around these parts) so I'm planning my day to comfortably allow myself a donut. Thankfully, the cooler weather means it's time for Healthy Valley soups again - a great and easy low-point lunch.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 10-09-2001, 04:57 PM   #9  
cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

Glad the scale story and the kick-butt motivation is helping.

Cece, yes, it is the Chopra plan that is helping to kick those bad habits. WW is a good plan and is sound and healthy, but if you are misusing sound and healthy foods you can still be fat. Chopra helps get the natural balance so your body can be the best it can be. It's at least worth a read; most libraries have it.

PMS monsters are not fun. Remember, you are in control, not your hormones, no matter how hard they try!
Old 10-09-2001, 11:23 PM   #10  

Karen - Glad to hear you are feeling better. Did you get in some exercise? I just don't think looking at the scale yesterday would have helped me with the mood I was in.

Carla - Way to go banking points yesterday...especially after not sleeping well. Being tired can cause so many problems. Sounds like you are doing a lot right again...getting up early so you can get back to the early morning exercise, planning your meals, and figuring out how to work in a treat you know you'll have. Great job!

Jennifa - You are doing a great job of changing your mindset. I'll have to remind myself that I am in control next month.

I had a good day foodwise today. I have been really working on controlling the snacking this week. I got out for a long, stress reducing walk tonight with a neighbor.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 10-10-2001, 12:12 PM   #11  

Carla - Goog for you! Morning exercise is supposed to be the best since it revs up your metabolism for the entire day. I just can't seem to get motivated until afternoon. Great news about the menu planning. Please tell us how the KK donuts were. I have such memories of them. Used to drive by one of the original stores in Gainesville, and whenever the "hot" sign was on, I'd pull in and get a bunch. YUMMY!!

Pat - how are you doing with the snacking? Yes, I got in my exercise yesterday finally.

Had a good day yesterday. Weighed in today after getting new batteries for the scale and down 2.5 pounds since last Monday!

Have a great day!
Old 10-10-2001, 01:36 PM   #12  

Hi everyone.

Jennifa - One of these days I'll give the Chopra book a look-see. Usually fighting the PMS monster is a game I enjoy playing - I like to satisfy the salty/sweet cravings while staying OP. When he sneaks up on me, though, I struggle more. Once I realized that he was visiting, you better believe I took back control.

Pat - I'm glad to hear you had a good day foodwise and yay for you for taking that nice stress-reducing walk. I'm sending positive vibes your way to help you in your fight to get your snacking under control.

Karen - Another terrific loss! You should be a WW poster child, you're doing such a great job. Yes, morning exercise is quite beneficial. I used to do it a couple of years ago and really liked how it made me feel. Then I became a mom and somehow those early mornings seemed too hard. But, I'm looking forward to giving it another go. That Krispy Kreme donut this morning was delicious. Worth every single point - all eight of them. (I had the chocolate glazed creme filled.)

Jenn, Sharon, Nancy - Where are you?

Holly - How's the week going for you?

I had a good day yesterday. I ate one of my banked points, but that's ok. Cooked dinner for a second day in a row. That is, if you want to count heating up Lloyds BBQ in the microwave and throwing some frozen fries in the oven to bake. But still - I put a meal on the table. My knee is really bothering me today. At least it serves as a reminder of why I need to stay OP and get this weight off. That Krispy Kreme donut this morning was delicious. Worth every single point - all eight of them. (I had the chocolate glazed creme filled.) I had a great, filling, low point lunch of 3 bean vegetarian chile, some baked tortilla chips and a tangerine, so I'm good to go. I have dinner planned for tonight, so I'm looking forward to another great OP day.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 10-10-2001, 02:16 PM   #13  

Forgot to mention: I weighed in this morning with a maintain. Since TOM just started I'm very happy about that!

Carla
266/262/140
Old 10-10-2001, 11:07 PM   #14  

Karen - Wow, 2.5 lbs. is great. Good job getting in the exercise. I used to do the morning exercise, but haven't been able to get back to it lately. I go to bed with good intentions, but have trouble forcing myself out of bed. I always liked getting it in early and then any walks I took later in the day were just a bonus.

Carla - Congratulations on the maintain, especially since its TOM. Hope your knee is feeling better. My knee hurting was the final push to get me to lose weight. I figure any day you eat food from the grocery store instead of takeout it counts as cooking. Sounds like you did a good job of working the donut into your day.

I'm a little over on points today. (I really should try that cooking.) Laura wanted to go to the mall when I got home from work so we just grabbed something on the way. Then it was too dark when we got home to take my walk. I have been doing a lot better on the snacking. I realized tonight that I haven't gotten into the cookies at work all week.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 10-11-2001, 09:42 AM   #15  

Hi all,
I hope to get back later and read all your posts from this week - I'm swamped with work (the downside of vacations!). We had a great time in Washington D.C. I was so-so on program but have been totally OP since we got back.

Catch you later once I catch up with work.

Judy
Closed Thread