WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 09:28 PM   #16  

Default Getting veggies in you

I'm not a great veggie eater. but this taste pretty good. A friend from weight watchers told me this one. One ca n of College Inn chicken broth with lemon.One can string beans and one can of asparagus,blend in blender then heat. I sprinkle lemonpepper seasoning on top of it. I think it's very good, and also quite filling. I like to have crackers and cheese with it for lunch.I like the LaughingCow (light) spreadable cheese wedges,one point per wedge. I like that the wedges are individualy wrapped. So, this is about as gourmet as I get. I love my cheese. Anybody got any good cheeses low in points?
Old 04-21-2001, 09:31 AM   #17  

Every week I roast a bunch of peppers (red,green,yellow), onions and mushrooms to use during the week for pizza, pasta,wraps, etc. I have also added zucchini and summer squash. Great way to get veggies in.
Old 04-23-2001, 08:45 PM   #18  

...And if she really, really, really doesn't like other veggies, try covering them up! I often can't get myself too excited about zero-point veggies, largely because I'm too busy/lazy/disinterested to make a great variety for myself. So, when I pack my microwavable lunch (say a chicken breast and some roast potatoes), I add a cup of frozen green beans or broccoli or spinach, and then I add 1/2 cup of fat-free gravy. This keeps my taste buds interested enough to keep eating even when I'm bored.

I love to cook, and I can make all kinds of neat veggie dishes, but on a day-to-day basis I often neglect myself. But I do so much better (both with WW and my health in general) when I get my five daily servings in that I have committed to doing everything I can. I don't love V-8 juice, but it doesn't take long to drink, so there's a serving. Apples get boring, but there's another serving, and my jaw gets a workout, too. I also count spaghetti sauce (1/2 cup of sauce has to include at least 1 cup's worth of raw tomato). Veggies not only fill you up, but they give you nutrients you can't otherwise get. I hope this helps!
Old 04-29-2001, 06:14 PM   #19  

Default veggie suggestions

I didn't realize spaghetti sauce was one. I am in the same boat as your client. Coleslaw in a sandwich is good. I didn't realize the spaghetti sauce counted. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2001, 12:13 AM   #20  

Default ? 4 u Patmoody2

Would you leave in the broth from both the string beans and asparagus? And I'm guessing that you used cans that are approxmately the same size? It sounds interesting.

Thanks,
Old 05-01-2001, 12:22 AM   #21  

Default Getting veggies in

Hi, I drain the water from the can of stringbeans and also the asparagas. Why not give it a try. Let me know if you like it. Besides that,it's ""free""
Old 05-01-2001, 12:55 AM   #22  

Default veggies

When I make the soup with a can of aspaeragas and stringbeans,I drain all the water out of the vegetables ,and add the chicken broth to blend in blender. Enjoy, it;s a FREEBIE with no points.
Old 05-01-2001, 08:57 PM   #23  

Baking with applesauce instead of butter and oil is lowfat and sneaks in fruits.
Fruit sorbets and popsicles are excellent, just make sure that fruit and water are the two top ingredients before egg whites and sugar.
Grate carrots, zucchini, potatoes into meatloaf and add extra tomatoes.
Mash bananas thoroughly with peanut butter, this works very well with kids who think they don't like fruit. They'll never notice.
Veggie burgers (not to be confused with meatless burgers made from soy products) have at least a serving of veggies in them, depending on the brand.
Spreadable fruit instead of sugary jams.
I like berries on my oatmeal and cook with veggie broth and tomato sauce instead of oil.
Hope your member finds something to her liking, there are lots of great suggestion here.
Old 05-02-2001, 11:23 PM   #24  

Thanks Patmoody2 - I'll try it.
Old 05-04-2001, 08:52 PM   #25  

Default fruits

I always seem to get enough veggies, but fruits I have more of a problem with (since they do have points). BUT one thing I love is frozen bananas....I swear they have the same consistency as slightly hard banana ice-cream! and super tasty I too usually get most of my veggies in from soup, but I have commited to try a new veggie every week (gonna start with some eggplant this weekend).

Carrie
Closed Thread