WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 04:50 PM   #1  
Cowboy Up Chick

Default Mcdonalds and a NSV!

First I want to say that Newman's Own Light BAlsamic Vinegarette dressing is just fabulous! I loved it and it is so 'strong' that I only needed less than 1/2 the package for my Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch (sans the Ranch dressing) Salad!

While it is not as big as the Jack in the Box ones it was filling for lunch!

The kicker is I went in there with the intention of getting the CRISPY CHICKEN and I decided to get the grilled and I was very surprised that I enjoyed it better than a fried piece of chicken! LOL!

For 7 points I had an extremely good meal.

Now my final question is .... Why doe salads always look and taste better than what you make at home? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. It is one of those questions that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:04 PM   #2  
si, si signora

I don't eat at Mickey D's very often, but that sounds good Kelly. I'll have to try that next time I'm stuck at some airport with no other food options.

However, I would disagree about the salads. I think the salads that I make at home are pretty nice looking and I have a basic idea of where that lettuce came from. That makes me much happier.

lala
Old 05-29-2003, 06:05 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Even when I use my own home grown lettuce I think they salads taste better and look better at a restaurant. LOL!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:56 AM   #4  

I agree Kelly that salads are always better away from home. Even at somebody else's house they taste better.

I love the McDonald's salads - Newman's dressing is the best - I found the Balsamic in the grocery store and stocked up.

Wendy's for a limited time by us, has a Southwest Chicken Caeser salad that is very tasty. I like this the best out of all their salads. I use 1/2 the dressing and if it needs more I put in some plain balsamic at home. Don't know the points on this though. I think I calculated that 1/2 the dressing is (3) and probably a 5 or 6 for the salad.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:16 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

I have been using 7 points like the Jack in the Box Southwest Salad without any condiments. The Jack in the Box Southwest Ranch dressing is outstanding but it is 7 points for the whole package but I have been able to almost duplicate it by taking a bottle of fat-free Hidden Valley Ranch Ranch Dressing and adding almost a whole package of taco seasoning to it. I get 1/4 cup for 1 point that way!
Old 05-30-2003, 05:36 PM   #6  

Mixing salsa and ff sour cream makes a yummy dressing that is like the fiesta salad mixes in the stores...you know the ones with the chips and cheese and stuff.

I don't like McDonalds, and I haven't eaten there in years. If you've read Fast Food Nation, you'll understand why. My fast food vice is In-N-Out. I can't go to a fast food place and order a salad....if I'm going out, I want something I don't ordinarily have at home.

That being said, salads in restaurants are always better than the ones you make yourself. I think it's because you get so tired of preparing all the special things to go in them that you don't actually want to look at it when its' completed.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:50 PM   #7  
si, si signora

I would say that Fast Food Nation is one of the most interesting reads of 2002.

I think salads made in restaurants are often quite lovely, I still like to know where my food comes from and I don't think that Mickey D's is using organic lettuce.

lala
Old 07-04-2003, 01:50 PM   #8  

What does NSV stand for?
Old 07-04-2003, 08:05 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

non scale victory!
Old 07-04-2003, 10:07 PM   #10  

Thanks. I haven't been to a meeting in a few months and had seen that a few places and it was driving me crazy.
Closed Thread