WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 08:24 AM   #16  
Becky

If you are hungry use your flex points. That's what they are there for. Also do a little exercise which gives you one or two points. If you have the feeling you need something in you mouth have a candy cane (they're 1 pt.) chew gum. I feel the same way at times so I always care little candy cane cuncks in my purse or pocket. Good luck, it will get easier.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #17  

I would like to know where greyhounds4me found the Duncan Hines muffin mix she mentioned in an earlier post. What chain of grocery store can you find it in?
Old 01-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #18  
Back fat Be Gone!

I ALWAYS find the first couple days are hard and find myself starving because I do tend to pig out when I'm not on WW. To make it through those first couple days I always start with 23 points, drink a ton of water, and if I really need to eat something out of my point range I jump on my treadmill and earn those extra points so that I can eat. I've always found a can of Campbells soup to be pretty filling at lunch with a point value of only 4 points. Drink the broth and lick the bowl clean. Also this may sound grosse to some people, but a big bowl of cucumbers and vinegar is actually really filling and 0 points. Plus somewhat of a system flusher if you know what I mean. Good luck and hang in there, the benefits are so rewarding. I'm talking this way because tomorrow I am starting WW again, and I know I'm going to be in the same boat as you, but we can do it!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 01-11-2005, 06:14 AM   #19  

I always try to eat most of my vegetables at lunch so at dinner I can pretty much eat what I fix the rest of the family. If I get the munchies at night, then I do have some points. Usually lunch is salad and broccoli or some other veggie. Breakfast is usually a yogurt and piece of fruit on the run.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:36 AM   #20  
Cowboy Up Chick

Here is a great article. It could be your hunger/starving is emotional:

Is your hunger PHYSICAL or EMOTIONAL?

Before you eat anything, particularly between meals, ask yourself these questions:

1) Has it been at least four hours since I last ate?
2) Is my stomach grumbling?
3) Do I have a headache or feel light-headed?

If you answered yes to all of these questions, your hunger is physical. Rather than waiting until your next unplanned meal, eat something now to avoid becoming overly hungry and losing control later.

If you answered no to any of the questions, chances are your hunger is emotionally driven. If you have determined that your hunger is emotional, Palma Posillico, general manager of service and training for Weight Watchers International in New York, recommends using the Tools for Living technique called Reframing. Because every behavior “rewards” you with something you want, Reframing will enable you to find a better way to get the same reward. Here’s how it works:

1. Identify what reward the behavior gets you. For example, let’s say that you always overeat late in the evening, which is also the time when you’re alone. You realize that eating comforts you when you feel lonely.

2. Ask yourself what else besides eating can you do that will help you feel less lonely, and then write down a list of several options. Your list might include activities such as e-mailing a friend, going to a movie, making a plan to join a book club, or telephoning a friend.

3. Choose at least three ideas from your list to try, and start implementing one immediately. IF the first option doesn't work, try another. Keep going until you find the solution that works the best for you.

Weight Watchers Magazine September/October 2000 Issue
Old 01-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #21  
Back fat Be Gone!

Wink All that TALK

Ok all that advice that I gave you about starving the day before I started WW, I should have kept my mouth closed until after I started. Today is also day 2 for me and I AM STARVING too! I ate soup, drank the broth and licked the bowl clean, I ate the cucumbers and vinegar, I walked two miles on my treadmill, and drank a half gallon of water..............and girl I'm still starving! My friend and her husband started with me yesterday and they both got on the phone with me and were complaining that they were starving too. Her hubby a bit more than us because he went to Arby's, ate a combo, then called his wife to find out that he ate most of his points for the day so he was hurting a little more than us. It felt good to have her support and know that we are both going through the same thing. I referred her to this site for the extra support too. We both are so determined to lose weight and stick with this diet, I know it will only be a matter of days until my stomach shrinks and I feel better. Plus tomorrow my semester at school starts so that will keep me busy busy busy and my mind off food. One day at a time.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:39 PM   #22  

Today is day 3 for me and I am feeling a bit better. Although day 1 and 2 I was also starving. Thankfully I didn't go over my points, I just stuck with it. It is mostly because I am cutting my caloric intake in HALF! Yes I used to eat over 2000 calories a day, with no exercise! I have found that saving most my points for dinner and snacks help. I had a campbells soup at hand soup for lunch today along with a serving of caesar salad, all for 6 points! It was fulfilling and has saved me points for dinner. Which I am about to eat, once I figure out what I want, because I am starving right now! And I still have 16 points for dinner and dessert!

You will get through it, try drinking a lot of water and eating foods full of fiber! Good luck!
Old 01-12-2005, 09:36 PM   #23  

Day 3 for me and I"m starving today and not days 1 and 2. I think its because I haven't had all my waters??!! School was delayed today due to fog and that put my lunch schedule screwy so I munched, 1 small bag of goldfish. The other wonderful thing was eating Burger King for dinner. I even had a salad planned and then ate the burger. Tomorrow will be better again.

Susan
Old 01-12-2005, 10:48 PM   #24  
Bootylicious Diva

To everyone who is starving: what have you been eating? I find that I am most hungry on days when I eat a lot of carbs and very little protein. Are you incorporating protein into every meal?

Also, how much sugar did you eat over the past couple of days? I also find that having lots of sugary stuff tends to trigger hunger later on for me.
Closed Thread