WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 04-22-2008, 11:47 PM   #16  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Plant a garden!! It'll keep you active *and* provide you with items for your day's intake!!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #17  

I'm also a single mom, working full time.

I use The Grocery Game. It is a small charge, but there are often weeks that I get items for free using coupons and matching them with sales leaders. The game will publish the sale list for your grocery store (you pick which one you use most often) and then you just cut coupons from the Sunday paper each week.

Not every sale is worthwhile to purchase the items. Sometimes things are expected to go lower on sale in the weeks to come, so the Game will tell you to skip this weeks sale and save the coupon for the future sale.

There have been some weeks where I got over $100 of groceries for $35 or so.

You can do a search for the Grocery Game online.

Last edited by Bethshaya; 07-12-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Bethshaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #18  

Hi, Bethshaya,
I'm a gg'er too! Love the game and the savings. Just started going back to meetings today, so i look forward to shopping the gg list for things on program instead of the things I've been feeding 2 sons this summer (and hence eatting myself
Parsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 400lbs./382.4lbs./170lbs.

Height: 5'9

I can definatly empathise with this situation. My hubby and I are on a tight budget to and it seems that the fattening things are just cheaper to buy so eating well can be really hard. What we do is look for when meat goes on sale, the large roasts and buy one. When we get it home, we can cut it into steaks, and a smaller roast, then we just freeze it in proper portions. We only buy frozen veg, its cheaper and lasts longer and we also have a garden.
Curvydoll is offline   Reply With Quote