Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #31  

Brandy, I just told you on the photo thread to come over to this one, but you beat me to it!! Welcome!! I am married. We have an 18 year old son who is a freshman in college. I am in my last year of teaching, and I will be retiring the end of February. I love candles!! My hubby usually turns up his nose at them when I burn them.

Dee, reading that about your MIL gives me hope that the injections will help me. Today was the first day with the patch, and I still had pain. It might have been worse without the patch though. 6th grade is a hard year for a lot of students, but that seems like an awful lot of work for 2 weeks.

Tina, the Michigan game won't be until Nov. 4. They will leave on Nov. 3, and they'll perform that night at a high school football game in Michigan. They will stay overnight in people's homes instead of a gym like they thought they were going to do. Our town has done that before when college bands come. It's fun for the high school kids to get to hang out with the college kids.

Tim is coming home this weekend. So is Jess. I'm meeting them in a town about 10 miles from here so Jess doesn't have the extra distance to drive. That way she can just head to her own home. I know her family will be ready for her to be home just like us with Tim. I have a meat loaf in the oven. Tim's request. lol
Old 10-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #32  
Susan

Hi Ya'll,
Well Fall Break is over! Boo!!!! I've enjoyed having the week off and got some things done. Even got the carpet cleaned ( I steam cleaned them.) Yes my best friend took Wed. off for me. I don't know how I would have survived everything without her. She is the one that had breast cancer a couple of years ago. We've been through a lot together.

Brandy, Welcome to the group! I am married and have 1 son who passed away 2 years ago. He was 2 months and 24 days old. I've been married 21 years. I teach deaf students that are mentally ******ed. I live in the GREAT state of TEXAS. You sound like you are very busy.

Tina, the foot still hurts and swollen. It's weird because it doesn't hurt when I walk only to touch it or move it in certain directions. I'm thinking I should soak it in epsom salt water.....

Tammy, I would be scared to have a day without insurance too. You know I'm a BIG KLUTZ!! Hope the back is better.

Dee, thanks for the thoughts. It really means a lot.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers this week. It has really meant a lot. Thanks for being there.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #33  

Susan, glad you enjoyed your break! Cleaning carpets is a good thing! I did get ours swept yesterday. I know what will help your foot! Mexican food. That's always my cure that I tell people. Have no idea why I do. lol I kept thinking about the day without insurance, and then I keep thinking about all of the things that could happen to Bob, Tim, or me. I'd rather have the insurance and not have to worry about it.

Tim is sitting behind me in the loveseat doing stuff on his computer. He has Earth, Wind, and Fire music playing (one of my favorite groups), and we are just sitting here chatting. It's good to have him home. He thoroughly pigged out at supper (meat loaf, scalloped corn). He must not be starving at school though because he said his jeans are a bit snug.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #34  
Thursday Lady

Hey, I need someone to come clean my bedroom carpet. hint....hint...hint....
I have a little Dirt Devil cleaner. I haven't used it in a couple of years. Wonder if it still has enough power to clean. That should be my project next week.
Mexican food is good anytime.
Tammy, I'm glad Tim is home. Sure he pigged out, it was his mother's cooking.
Tomorrow is the Greek Festival here. We always go pick up our food and take it to the park and eat. The weather should be in the 80's, perfect for a Greek picnic. I'm going to be good and just buy 1 baklava.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #35  

Tammy, it sounds like Tim maybe getting those 'freshman' fifteen. LOL
I know it must be good to have him home. I am sure he thouroughly enjoyed your homecooked meatloaf. Did he bring all of his laundry home?

Susan, I dread cleaning my carpets. I am actually going to have a professional come in this time. I have a beautiful carpet I picked up in Turkey a few years ago. I don't want to ruin it, but boy is it getting nasty.

Tina, I love those rice things wrapped in grape leaves. I can't think of the name, but yum yum.

Brandy welcome!!!! I am a mom of four also. I think that your candle business sounds cool, I love candles.

Last edited by Mom4kids; 10-07-2006 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #36  

Tina, the picnic sounds like fun!! Too bad we aren't closer to you.

Dee, we told him to bring home the laundry so he could save a little $$. He started it last night, and I'm working on it this morning. Shouldn't take long to finish. He's helping Bob at the old house getting things ready for winter. (putting in storm windows, and I'm not sure what else) He's been at school since Aug. 11, so he's had plenty of time to do lots of laundry. He said some of the kids go home every weekend and then come back and brag because their mothers did their laundry. Some of them don't even know how to do it! Tim has been doing laundry since he was in 4th grade! He had an award he was working on for scouts that called for doing laundry, and he's been doing it ever since.

I guess I should go move clothes from washer to dryer. Then I might read for a while. I can feel a nap coming on already!!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #37  
Susan

Howdy,

It's a beautiful day here. It's suppose to just be 80 degrees too. It's a great day for the Texas vs. OU game at the Cotton Bowl. Pat and I went to the game one year but it's much better watching it on tv when it's really hot.

I have a confession to make......we are all friends here..... cleaning the carpets is an obession for me. I love doing.... silly I know. I will clean them and if I find a spot that I miss it drives me crazy. Pat just laughs and says "it will wait until next time." So I would be more than happy to come clean carpets.

Dee, I had someone come in and do ours the first year we lived here. I wasn't happy with the way they did it. So we borrowed a friend's cleaner and I started doing them. I think we borrowed it enough that she bought us one for Christmas one year. She is Pat's friend .... Pat said "that's not a present for both of us, that's for Sue."

Tina, the Greek festival sounds fun. We are going down to the feed store to see some huge horse "Kong". I'm excited about it. Not really sure why, maybe because we have something to do.

Tammy, I know you and Bob are in Heaven having Tim home. He misses ya'll so much. I know he is a happy boy being with ya'll. There is nothing like your mom's cooking (unless it's my mom's) My mom isn't a very good cook but I always have her make something that was my favorite when I am home.

Yes, Mexican food will certainly make my foot better!!!!! It makes everything better. I actually think I might talk Pat into getting some later.

Oh, Amy wanted me to let you know she is still alive. She keeps acting like she has 3 kids and is busy. I'm not sure what that is all about Jump is in soccer, Amanda is in Brownies (Amy is the leader and coordinator for that division), Zacker is in mother's day out 2 days a week and has been sick.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:40 PM   #38  

Well Susan, feel free to come to South Florida and clean my Turkish rug.
I haven't had it cleaned ever because I am afraid.

Tammy I am teaching my boys to do laundry now. They aren't happy about it. I figure, that since I kept finding folded clothes in the dirty basket it was time for them to appreciate my hard work. There hasn't been any since. LOL
Old 10-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #39  

I told Tim to get weighed this morning, and he has lost 3 pounds since he left for school! He has been wearing shorts all of the time, and he just recently put on a pair of jeans. He said they were snug. I told him to check the size. All of his jeans are a size smaller than his shorts! No wonder they felt snug. When he bought the shorts, he bought a bigger size than usual.

Tim is finishing up his laundry, Bob is finishing up the mowing at the other house, and I'm just hanging out. Making spaghetti for supper, so I need to run to the store to get a few things.

Susan, did you get Mexican? Does your foot feel better? silly Amy, acting like she is busy!! lol

Dee, good for you on teaching them how to do laundry!!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:39 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 142/138/115

Height: 5'2

I wish my kids would do laundry. LOL! I cant even get them to get the food off the dishes when they wash them. It's leftovers every night at my house, and not on purpose, YUCK! hehehe.

Speaking of carpet cleaning, reading this has made me realize just how filthy my carpets are. Something else to add to that "To Do" list.

Im one busy chicky for the next week, just had a private label order come through for 172 Palm Pillars! They are so beautiful, but very time consuming. Hopefully all this extra activity will show up on next Thursdays weigh in.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. It's so nice here in Oklahoma, we are starting to get those cool nights and mornings, and our highs are in the 80's. Cant wait till it's fully fall. Makes my feel so cozy when it's kinda cold outside and Im inside pouring up candles. As opposed to it being 100+ and sweating like a greasy pig pouring up candles.

Thought yall needed that visual. Take care all.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:04 PM   #41  
Thursday Lady

A hot greasy pig!!!-----what a picture, thanks for letting us visualize that.

I'm going to clean my bedroom carpet this week.
About the clothes--before David left for college, I taught him all about the washers and dryers. I was always happy to do his things when he would come home once in awhile.
Tammy, your spaghetti sounds good.

Dee, I didnt get any stuffed grape leaves this year.

Sis, how are you?
Maureen, where are you!!!!!

It's beautiful weather here, too. I love it hot but this isn't bad at all.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:37 PM   #42  
Susan

Hi,
I've already been to exercise today and came home an walked the dogs. Then I told Pat, I WANT MEXICAN FOOD. I ate some for all of you. They have this guacamole sauce that they bring out with the chips and hot sauce. It's so yummy!!!!!

Dee, good job teaching those kiddos how to do their laundry. That's funny about them hiding folded clothes. Sounds like something I would have done or did

Tammy, How is Jess's foot? I want to retire in Feb. do you think it will work? I'm so glad that you are going to be able to. I think you will feel so much better.

Funnygirl, I loved the visual! Greasy pig sounds like something I would say!! What part of OK are you in? I'm just north of Dallas.

Tina, how was the festival? Did you get your baklava?

Off to watch the Cowboys (they probably lose) What a fan I am!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #43  

Funnygirl, remind me not to eat at your house with your leftovers! I cracked up!
We went to the Cowboy Hall of Fame when we were in Oklahoma City several years ago. We were very impressed!

Tina, Tim asked me to start writing down recipes for his favorite foods that I make. I was thrilled! I usually dump stuff and don't measure though, so that could cause a problem. We've had a beautiful weekend! Someone said it may snow by the end of the week. Supposed to be about 80 tomorrow. I plan to wear capris, then by the end of the week I'll be wearing long underwear!!

Susan, Jess's foot is much better. She is walking with hardly any limp now. I am so glad that you had Mexican. Now I want some! I love the shrimp quesadilla at a place near here. I think you should retire in Feb. with me. I know the women that I'm working with are ready too. I know I'll feel better when I'm not working every day.

This week I work M-W-Th. We are off on Friday. That will be my day to recuperate.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #44  

Thanks Tammy, for reminding me that it snows in Ohio, something for me to look forward to. I guess I will invest in some thermal underwear.

I got my project, I mean, We got my son's project completed. Hopefully we won't have any for awhile. We need a break.

So, N. Korea tested a nuclear weapon and everyone is pissed. That's nice. I think I need to retire.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:41 AM   #45  
GoddessInclined

Default Happy Monday!

No oxymoron intended....

Hi, Brandy...though I'm a week late, welcome! I'm Jody, a single mom of a 12-year-old sixth grader who is NOT sure if he has a girlfriend or not. ::sigh:: Weekend drama brought on during the football game.

Tina--LOL at Dori slip. Actually read it and thought "How on EARTH does she know about my short-term memory gaffes?"

Dee--heart out to your son. Bad teachers make life unnecessarily hard for good kids. Last year, bad match with teacher. This year, wonderful!

Hope all are doing well...gotta run. Stupid phone!!
Closed Thread