Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #136  

Nope, not moving there. I am going there for some training in January. Not long enough to get used to it and not long enough to spend the money on warm clothes.

Water? water....hmmmn. I might drink some of that today. Ok, I'll join you.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:14 PM   #137  

Dee, But you will be here long enough for the two of us to get together!!!!
Kramer is our dachsund (almost 13 years old). I didn't even cook anything last night. We stopped at one of our favorite places on the way home yesterday and had nachos. One of Tim's friends works there, so we were able to visit with him for a while.

I've had some water today, but probably not enough yet. I'm getting Bob's cold now, and I'm just kind of out of it (more than usual). bob just went to the grocery. We were talking about making chili, but I think he's planning that for tomorrow and something else for tonight. Not sure what. I had a bowl of Kashi cereal for breakfast, and I ate a brownie a while ago left over from the party yesterday. Yes, I'm counting my points. lol
Old 10-28-2006, 09:18 PM   #138  
Susan

Hi,
It was a beautiful day here. A little chilly this morning. Brrrr!!!! I agree with Dee and Tina...... cold isn't for me. Only about a day of it!

I went to work out this afternoon and missed Oksana when I was taking my bath. She always came and sat next to me and drank the water. Pat is playing. I decided with the time change that I would stay home. I don't seem to do well with the time change.

I'm going to be in Houston in Match and hope to get to see Tina. I can't wait.

Well, I'm off to watch a week worth of General Hospital. Good thing for Tivo.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #139  

Susan, I think it's cool that you and Tina might meet up!! That has to be so hard without Oksana there. I feel for you.

I just changed the clock in this room, and now it seems like I should stay up later. I'm planning to hit the pillow pretty soon. I took a couple of naps today. I really didn't want to get Bob's cold. Silly guy. He should have sent it somewhere else.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:37 PM   #140  
Leeann Thurston

S/C/G: 206/184.8/140

Height: 5'5

Auntie, I hope your Migraines go away. I will pray for you (Dear Lord God, I come to you right now and ask for a total healing over Auntie's migraines. Lord God I ask that you take them away and they never come back. Also Lord God I ask you to wrap your arms around Auntie and comfort her and ease her heart for her loss of her cat. Let her feel your presence and know that you have everything under control. In you most holy name I pray. AMEN). Hope I did not offend anyone. I was taught that if I say I am going to pray for someone, not to let it wait until later because usually you forget about it.

Tina thans for the invite, maybe one day I will visit Texas but I love Florida. Actually wore shorts today. I think the high was 75. It was beautiful. About the sex offenders - it is very legel. They do that here every Halloween. It is for the safety of the kids and this way the offender can't get any ideas. I am glad they do it. Well I hope all of you have a blessed night. Talk to you later.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:24 AM   #141  

Amen!
Old 10-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #142  
Susan

Thanks LeeAnn & Dee!!!!! Head feels much better.

I went to the store last night and got the best shrimp from the meat counter. It was spicy and already cooked. It was so good. I might have to go get some more later today.

Nothing exciting happening here. It's hard to believe that Wed. is Nov. 1. Who has started their Christmas shopping? Believe it or not, I have. I got these really neat holding crosses for my siblings and my aunt. I have one and it's great and very comforting just to hold it. That doesn't mean I've done anything else

Tammy, I know Kramer is very happy to have Tim home. When I would go home, my cat that I had growing up would follow me and sleep with me, etc. Just like when I was a kid.

Tina, how are you doing my friend?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #143  

Amen from me too!!

Susan, that shrimp sounds yummy!! I love shrimp. I have a few things bought for Christmas, but not much. It's easy for the nieces and nephews now. Money/gift cards.

Bob made chili for supper. It was delicious!

Our preacher has been doing his sermons based on Max Lucado's book Traveling Light. I finally bought the book, and I've been reading it. Quite good.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #144  
Thursday Lady

It's Monday,
I went to my doctor's today. Silly thing---all he did was give me my blood test results. (great results) But, I was hoping for a flu shot. They were out of the vaccine. I'm on a waiting list now. According to this insurance co., if I get the shot from the PCP's office, it's paid for--free. If I go some place else, I have to pay for it. Insurance companies!!!! GRRRRR...

Tammy, I know you are hating for Tim to return to school. Just think--it won't be that long until Thanksgiving. How long does he get off?
Susan, keep your chin up and get rid of that headache.
Sis, I miss your postings.
Maureen, are you having snow. Congrats on staying OP
Dee, keep it warm down there.
Leeann, what's new?
Brandy, how is the candle business?
Amy, where are you!!!!!
Mimi, are you still reading the posts?

Old 10-30-2006, 09:10 PM   #145  

Tina, Bob just got a flu shot last week at our doctor. I go next week, and I don't know if they'll have any left or not. Good for you on good blood test results! That's always a relief, isn't it? I go for tests on Thurs. morning, and then I'll get my results next week. Mine is glucose only. I think since the doctor told me once that he thought I was going to be diabetic, he keeps testing me to prove that he's right. Insurace companies can be so frustrating!!!!

Tim will be home on Nov. 19 for the day. That's when we have our Thanksgiving with my brothers and their families. He'll have classes on the 20th and 21st, then come home on the 22nd. We'll go to my aunt's house on Thanksgiving Day, then on Friday the 24th, we go to Muncie for a football game. That will be their last game of the season. After the game, he'll come home for the rest of that weekend. The semester exams end on Dec. 15, so he'll be home from then until Jan. 8 (I think). I have done better than I thought I would with him being gone. I think since he isn't that far away and we either email or call it has helped.

I changed my butterfly again this morning. I may have to change it back after the supper that I ate though.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:16 PM   #146  
Susan

Hi,
Hope everyone had a great day. Mine was pretty good. Remember my friend's daughter that was in that horrible wreck in June. Where she was in a coma for several weeks.... etc.... Anyways, there was a party at my old district for her because the Rehab place wants her to move into an apartment. So it was basically a shower. My friend started crying when she saw me. Her daughter looked great.

Tina, is it cool down there? Great job on the blood work!!!! I go back in January

Tammy, I can't believe Tim is almost finished with his first semester of school.

Can you believe that in 2 days it will be November?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:03 AM   #147  

Susan, what a wonderful idea for the party! Glad that the girl is looking good.
It really is amazing how fast the semester is going. With the classes he took last year in high school, when he goes back in January he will be a sophomore. Now that's scary!

It's a good thing that tomorrow is November since we have been very talkative on this thread. I think this is the longest one we've ever had, but I'm not positive on that.

Off day today. I like that. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!! It's raining here again.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:07 AM   #148  

I am off today too!

I got up early to get the food ready for all of my kids Halloween parties at school. That was the easy part. Getting them dressed and dropped off with all the goodies was a the pain. But I am done, I can relax in front of the tv, doing NOTHING today. Until, of course, they come home and have to go trick or treating.

It is super warm today, but it already rained. It will probably rain on and off today. I hope not.

I don't like flu shots. Like clockwork, I get one every year.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:35 AM   #149  
Thursday Lady

Goood Morning
I hope everyone is ready for a ghoolish day and evening.

On a lighter note--- Happy Birthday to Dee I'm so glad you have today off. Enjoy
My wonderful husband went to Starbucks before leaving for work. He left me a beautiful pumpkin scone for my breakfast. It was delicious. Of course, that means a 0 pt. salad for lunch and lots of walking on the treadmill.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:34 AM   #150  

Thank you Tina!

I am dressing as a witch tonite, with my daughter. Of Course the costume looks waaaay better on her, LOL!

Closed Thread