Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 09:48 AM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Chris, when we get to about 30-ish numbers of posts, I start a new thread.
I'm sorry you didn't see the new one. I do try to say I'm starting a new thread when we get long so I hope this doesn't happen to you again. You've already got much too much to think about.

Princess, what an accomplishment to ride ten miles in about an hour. And what a great bonding experience. I wish I had wanted to be more active when I was younger. I know I'd be in better shape now if I had been. As far as location, I live on Long Island in NY. we get a lot of the midwestern weather coming across in either direction, and since we're on the coast, we also get the southern Atlantic coastal weather sweeping up the shoreline. I'm in the middle of the island, so am not on the water, but we still get hurricane winds, etc.

Ariana, let us know how your tests come out and know we're all thinking about you and wishing you well.

Had a weird weekend and am hoping I wasn't off program more than 35 points worth. I like Core and it helps keep me on track, but I know I ate more than I needed this week.

Take care, be well, Mousie and Bandit and everybody chime in when you can.
Love,
Judy
Old 09-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone

Princess - nice job on the bike tour - 10 miles, that great.

Had my w/i on Fri & was down 2.2# so was pleased with that.
Will have some challenges this week, as I am in hotel for 3 nights with bf's tax convention. But, am taking my running shoes & workout clothes & will try & go to a curves nearby if that works.

Ariana - good luck with your tests.

Judy & everyone else - keep up all the good work.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #18  
Chick

Bandit,
What a fabulous weight loss! Keep up the good work. You've had hotel/time before and done great, so keep that in mind. You're doing so well!

judy
Old 09-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #19  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Ariana, Thinking about you darlin'! Hope all is well. Let us know.

Judy, It's not your fault that I can't keep up with you gals. I just am sooo drained anymore and stressed that my mind ends up elsewhere. I have yet to find it and have it returned to me.

Things are so busy around here. Homework, work, running the kids here and there for their activities, my SIL, and things aren't smooth sailing with the MR. of the house. Needless to say...I have not been doing the best for me. I ate BK for breakfast and for lunch today. I didn't eat much for dinner tonight. Just wasn't overly hungry by then. I know I keep saying this over and over again...but I need to get serious and stay serious about my weight loss. I did buy a treadmill so now that's all set up in the basement and I can workout whenever I want.

Well Hello to the rest of you. I gotta get off of here really fast like and get the kids to bed. Check in tomorrow. I'll have lots of computer time while I babysit my sisters' kids tomorrow. All of them....all 7 of them. They all get out of school early tomorrow, and both my sisters are working. ARRGGHHHH!

chris
Old 09-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Bandit: Great job on the 2.2!!! and good luck with your challenges... I know they can be rough...

Chris: 7 KIDS!!! you are a much better person then I am because I would never agree to watch 7 kids... I love my two boys and will love my grandbabies when God see's fit to send them my way but I am not the right person to watch 7 kids... their momma's would come to pick them up and find them all tied to a chair and gagged and me sitting in a corner talking to myself . I am just not the babysitting type... guess that is why my brothers never asked me to watch their kids

Judy: How are you doing? Have you W/I this week yet? I am really hoping that my W/I on Saturday morning goes well... it is my birthday and I would just love to offically hit the 30 lb mark or something... anything actually

All: Have a wonderful and happy day!
Susan
Old 09-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #21  
Chick

:Hi Turtles,
Okay Chris, now I completely understand why you have lost your mind. Evidentally you didn't find it in time to tell your sisters that you were not quite able to watch seven, yes I said seven, children today. Egads!!!!! I know how you feel because I'm sure there is no one else. All I can offer to you is a and some advice. Lower your expectations, try to fly just enough to get where you are going and also think that if you control your exercise and your eating that you at least have control over something! It may sound odd, but when I was going through some of life's toughest challenges, I buckled down and really did the right thing for myself with food.
And please don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing an amazing amount of things right now--all of them tough--so feel our and keep on keepin' on.

Princess, I have had a pretty good week and am hoping to lose some weight. My aim is one pound a week figuring that if I can keep that going it will be about 50 pounds down this time next year. I WI tomorrow. As far as you, I should think with the ten mile bike ride you should lose some weight.
I've got my fingers crossed for you especially since it will be your

Gotta run and watch my grandbaby.
Love,
Judy
Old 09-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #22  
Focus on the Process

Agreed ladies. I am not the babysitting type either. Thank God in a weird way that Jen didn't have to work today but I still helped her our since her little boy Conner was sick. Tomorrow I'll only have the 3 littlest until the rest get out of school in the afternoon.

I'm on my way downstairs to walk on my treadmill as soon as I get my daughter from dance. I did go to my rheumatologist today and he upped my dose of Wellbutrin so maybe I won't be such a teary woman. I've been horrible with being depressed and having anxiety attacks. I think its mostly all the stress and pressures I have right now but I'm not afraid to get a little extra help from some pharmacueticals...LOL Hopefully things will level off soon. I don't think there is much left of me...

Gonna go work on my homework a bit. I'm in a chapter I forgot how to do. No more review for me.

chris
Old 09-20-2006, 09:35 AM   #23  

Judy: 50 lbs by this time next year is an awesome goal and you can do that... that is just a pound a week and a very "do-able" number.

Chris: Like I said... you are a way better gal then I... I agree about the "assistance from the pharmacy" I would take it too if it was needed and I would say in your case it is needed. Hope it gets better really soon!

All: Cold day here today... I swear the weather is crazy! In the 40's at night but by Thanksgiving we will be sweating! Crazy!

Have to run but have a happy day!
Susan
Old 09-20-2006, 06:40 PM   #24  
Focus on the Process

Well I'm not sure if being "a way better gal" is the way to go. it's creating problems everywhere I go. Not enough time to get my junk done at home, hubby is all tensed up and irritated, homework is suffering...YIKES!

Well Friday morning, my SIL gets sprung from the hospital. Don't know what to expect and what this will mean or bring. Kind of nervous about it. She's going to stay at my MIL's house for awhile.

Well gotta go.

Chris
Old 09-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #25  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I had my WI and meeting today. I was up .2# and am dealing with it. I knew this wasn't a great week, but was hoping and wishing----I'm sure you know what I mean. So right now I am going to put my points counter on the fridge to make sure that when I choose off Core foods, that I count them in.
That might help. LOL. Actually I"m okay, have gotten food in the house and expect to do better this week. Attitude is everything. Good luck to us all.
Love,
Judy
Old 09-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #26  
Focus on the Process

Judy, .2 lbs isn't bad at all. That will fall off you in no time. So do you find CORE easier to follow or the FLEXpoints? I have such a hard time with any of it. It's all in my state of mind. I know.

Chris
Old 09-21-2006, 08:21 AM   #27  

Judy: .2 is not bad at all... that could just be a trip to the potty if you know what I mean. You will lose that and more next week... But I know how you feel... I really do.

Chris: So sorry things are so busy and hectic for you... maybe once your SIL gets settled with your MIL things will calm down a bit.

Well I have to complain just a bit ... and I know that it is trivial but here it goes anyway, I need to voice it here because if I say anything at home it will lead to a problem and I just want to avoid stress right now.
My birthday is Saturday and since it is all men in my house they usually decide to take me out to dinner rather then put themselves out a little bit and just plan a nice meal at home... which is ok for the most part but this year when I asked my husband if it would just be the four of us (2-DS, him and I) he said that since his sister would be in town visiting his mother that maybe we should invite them and that also my oldest sons girlfriend was going to come into town... now a WW knows that you can't just pick any restaurant to eat in and on a special occasion I would like to pick some mid-price range... something like a red lobster or an O'Charlies... nothing too expensive but not a McDonalds either... well if all 7 of us go out we will end up paying for everyone and that is were the problem comes in... I work and make half of our families income so the money is not just DH it is mine also. When he asked me what I wanted for my birthday I said a "Walmart gift card" and he just complained that I would spend it on groceries and not buy anything for myself... well in fact this time he would be wrong since I have lost weight I really need some new clothing and have been eyeing some things at the local Walmart for a while now and would love to buy them for myself... my mother also usually sends me a check and I was planning on using that for a few things that I need but if we end up having to pick up the check at a restaurant then I would have to spend the gift card on groceries and put the check in the bank to cover the restaurant bill and I am just a bit selfish this year and don't think that is fair at all... so I said that maybe we could just cook at home and basically DH acted like ok, what ever YOU want to do... so basically I would get stuck cooking. Very frustrating!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:21 AM   #28  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, glad you got a chance to vent. Hey, whose birthday is it? Since your dh said, "OK. Anything you want." I'd take him up on it. What I want is for the four of us to go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. Or, if we eat at home with the extended family, I==the birthday girl--would like you and the boys to rustle something up to eat. They shouldn't have any trouble cooking something simple. Maybe you could get out your crockpot and a recipe and have them pull something together. Eating at home doesn't mean you have to cook for the crowd.

Since you want to use your Walmart gift card for something specific this year==clothes for the thinner you==I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to invite the others to a restaurant meal where the bill will be out of sight. They can always join you at some other time over the weekend for a BBQ/potluck. What I know for a fact is that where there is a will there is a way and it doesn't have to end in a fight with your dh. I know I'm not in your situation and I also know how level-headed you are from all your posts, but how about taking a deep breath and asking for what you would really like?
I'm sending you and to help you with your and I hope this all works out well.

I'm up to a busy weekend. Today my dd and dgrandbaby are coming in for some fun. She's been working so hard lately and I think we all need a break!
Tomorrow night we're all getting together at a niece's for a birthday celebration/engagement celebration. My daughter met her fiance through her cousin. It's so cool because all four kids like each other and I hope they will be lifelong friends. Important to have good people to share your life with.

Hey, Princess, I'm really thinking about you and wishing you a and hoping that some sensitivity creeps into the situation.
Love,
Judy
Old 09-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #29  

Hey Judy, thanks for the kind words, you and I think alike but the men in my family don't think that way. I don't see it all turning out well...

Have to run but will talk to you tomorrow.
Susan
Old 09-22-2006, 08:46 AM   #30  

Default Happy Friday!

Well it is a really rainy Friday here in Indy but I will take it anyway... rain or no rain!

I guess I was upset/stressing over nothing since two of the people that were to go with us tomorrow night have made other plans... or at least that was what I was told. I had basically decided that I was not going to get involved, basically drop the whole thing and I would make a supper and who ever wanted to show up could and those that didn't... well... that was fine too. But with two less going out is not as huge of a $$$ issue so I have left it in the men's hands and will worry about it no more. I just don't handle stress and worry very well anymore... I can feel it nawing a hole in my stomach and I think it is time to listen to my body.

Ok, so, I am really excited... I got on the scale this morning and I am pretty sure if the scale is correct that I have hit my half way point... I really hope that is true... what a B-day present to myself! Happy Birthday to me =) I just feel like it is all starting to pay off...

Judy: You are such a good buddy and I can not thank you enough for your strong and kind words... in the grand scheme of things it is all so trivial but a few things over the last couple of days hit a raw nerve and I had just had enough I guess... I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!

Chris: Has it calmed down for you at all... you are the Super Turtle I think... You do more in a day then most of us get done is a week... I hope that you find a bit of down time this weekend for yourself.

Have to run but have a happy day all!
Susan
Closed Thread