Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #16  

I had my tonsils out. When I did, I couldn't take any of my herbal teas or fiber meds. I couldn't take any of my normal meds. So when I stopped for the surgery, the water intake stopped. Now that I am healed and healthy, I still can't get back into to water thing.

I agree, the death of Stever Irwin is so sad, and a complete shock. What a horrible, freak accident.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #17  

Dee, when I had my carpal tunnel surgery I had to stop taking some of my medicines. Hope we all get back into the water thing.

Tim mentioned last week that he'd like to go away during his spring break in March. Planning early is good, right? Guess who he wants to go away with?
US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought he'd want to go away with the guys or with Jess. He did mention that it might be nice if Jess could go along, but he wants ol' mom and dad along too. (to pay for it probably)

I worked with students today, and I had fun. I know most of them did. I had so many of them in 2nd and 4th grade. Same kids just bigger.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #18  
Thursday Lady

Water, water, everywhere.....
Maybe we should start slow---like everyone try drinking at least two glasses a day. How does that sound?

Tammy, that is so great that Tim wants a family vacation. I'm so happy for you. What do you think about Jess going? Hmmmm, what about the sleeping arrangements?
Susan, how are you feeling?

Maureen, sorry you had to move.
Sis, are you still with us?
Mimi, where are you, girl?
Old 09-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

Default This is a sad decision.

Larry and I have talked and have decided that it's time to let Smokey go.
Smokey has been going down for the last month. We could keep him going. His little eyes look like he feels so bad. We never wanted to just keep him alive.
I have an appointment tomorrow morning for the vet to check to see if the urinary infection is gone. I don't know if we'll do it then or wait another day. I don't think I'll have the strength to wait much longer now that we've made the decision.
Just wanted all my friends to know what I'm going through. Please pray for us.
Tina
Old 09-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #20  

Aw Tina, my heart breaks for you. Sadly, that is what's best for Smokey. Hang in there, I am thinking of you.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #21  

Oh Tina. My heart is hurting for you and Larry. Wish we were there to give you a hug. I know it was a hard decision to make.

Water. I always drink at least 2 glasses of water a day. I probably drink 5 or 6. Maybe I should measure the glasses and see how much I'm really drinking. I might be doing better than I think I am.

About the trip, I'm ok with Jess going. We already decided we would get 2 rooms. 1 for Jess and me. 1 for Bob and Tim. We're going to talk more this weekend when we see him.

By the way, my butterfly moved. I didn't wait until Thursday to move it because who knows where it will be by then!!! Hope it keeps going in the right direction though. Tonight was the first water aerobics class at the Y for this session. Only had 1 different person from last spring, and we all made her feel welcome. She had fun.

I need to go to bed. We have open house tomorrow night. If I go to school, I'm not going to open house. If I don't go to school, I'll go to open house. I know that I can't do both.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:53 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning
Tina, I'm really sorry to hear about Smokey. I'll be praying for you all too.
Tammy, way to go with the butterfly it does feel good though when it's going the right way.
I hope you all have a great day - drink the water
maureen
Old 09-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #23  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone. I haven't been here in a while. I have started a new job that I work an alternative shift. One week its Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, & Sun then the next week it is only Wed. Thurs. . The short week is great the long week is LONG cuz it is 12 hr days.
Tina, I am so sorry to hear about Smokey. I know just how you feel. It breaks my heart to think about it. We still haven't gotten another labby after our Suzy. But we are going to after we build a fence around our back yard.
I have to work on the water drinking too. I use to do well but after you get out of the habit it's hard to get back into it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Take care......Sis
Old 09-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #24  
Thursday Lady

Smokey is at peace now. Larry and I took him this morning.
The vet and technician were crying too because they've watched him grow up. It was best and it was peaceful.

Thank y'all for being here for me.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #25  

Tina, I'm so sorry about Smokey. I know you made the right decision, but it is so hard for everyone involved. Take care.

Maureen, I drank and drank water today. I also was in the bathroom alot. I didn't go to school because I was hurting so bad. Temp has been up and down all day, so I thought the water would help with that too. By the way, I also didn't go to open house tonight. Decided standing around to say hello to the parents of the kids was silly since I already know all of them after having the kids in 2nd and 4th grades.

Sis, I would get totally confused with those shifts!! Do you have a calendar marked to keep you on track?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:39 PM   #26  
Susan

Hi,
What a busy week!

Tina, I am so sorry about Smokey. I know it's hard!!!! I still miss Betty and Boss. It's not an easy decision but one that was a necessity.

Tammy, it sounds like school is going good.

Sis, great to hear from you.

Maureen, I can't believe that you had to move! They didn't give you much notice.

Well, my husband told me yesterday that I needed to lose weight. Let's just say that he was not in the nicest mood. I wanted to hit him What does he think I've been doing! He apologized today.

I joined Lifetime Fitness. It's open 24 hours and has everything. I went tonight. Plus rode my bike this morning. I also signed up for a 6 session of personal trainer, dietician, and some other stuff. I'm going to do this!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #27  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Sis, it's so good to hear from you. We were about to send out the police to find you. I'm with Tammy---how on earth can you remember those shift days!!!

Tammy, I am so sorry you felt so bad today. But, isn't it great that you can stay home and not feel guilty!

Susan, thank you for the condolences. I know you still miss Betty and Boss. Shame on Pat! Congratulations on joining the gym and getting a personal trainer. That will really help show you the areas you need to work on......and how to use the equipment.

How is everyone else?????
I've had a roller coaster day of emotions. Right now, I'm ready for a good night's sleep. I ate so little today that I'm bound to see a difference on the scales tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #28  

Susan, are Bob and Pat related? Actually Bob hasn't come right out and said that, but he has made a couple hints. I know he's right, but I also know that he doesn't listen to me when I tell him he needs to lay off the beer because of the diabetes. Let us know how you like the fitness place! 24 hours. That wouldn't give me an excuse not to go! lol

Tina, it was nice staying home and not feeling too guilty about it. I knew I was supposed to finish up with 3 reading groups, but the teacher handled it on her own. She's tough. lol My temp is up again today, and I slept most of the morning away. Bob told me to take another nap this afternoon if I felt like it so I'll be feeling ok to go to the football game tomorrow night. I know what you mean about the emotions. Hang in there!!
Old 09-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #29  
GoddessInclined

Default Greetings!

Hello, ladies!

It's been a hundred years since I've been here, and boy, does it show? I wonder who is still around? I know that *I'm* still around, or rather, a round.

But I'm back....weighing it at.....more than last time. Hopefully, my mother and I will goad each other skinny...er, healthy. My sister is threatening to get married and make me her maid-of-honor, so I figure I need to slim down lest I order my dress from Omar the Tent Maker. Although at my advanced age, it seems ridiculous to be called a "maid." Perhaps "Warrior Princess of Honor" would be more appropriate? I think I like that. I wonder if she'll put it in the program that way?
Old 09-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #30  

I am cracking up!! Warrior Princess of Honor has a nice ring to it I believe!! If your sister gets married, you can be the WPoH, and the rest of us will sing!! I'm sure she would be thrilled.
It's great to hear from you by the way! Just where have you been hiding? don't you know it is a rule to check in here????

I've been working on my retirement application off and on today. The decision to retire was easy, now we're looking at the health care options. Oh my. I told Bob that he needs to have any surgeries he can think of between now and the end of Feb. while we're still on the school insurance. Hmmm. Wonder if I should have the carpal tunnel done in my left hand before I retire?
Closed Thread