Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #1  

Default 358 days until I turn 30!!!! Anyone up for a chellenge?

Ok yeah I am THAT nuerotic...I calculated how many days until I turn 30. Not only that I wrote a count down on each day of my calendar!

So anyway. If I really want to be thin by thirty I need to get moving...in more ways than one. So I am going to start tonight atfer my meeting.

So I need a challenge. Anyone with me? I know Jeanne mentioned one recently. I looked at the Self Challenge, it looks GREAT!!!!! But I like to do my DVD's, I'm not great with guiding myself through exercises and I don't have access to a gym. I know I can stay on my points plan. It's the exercise I have an issue with. Also I tend to make all these complicated plans which I burn out on.

So here is my challenge....

I Challenge Myself to Treadmill 3 days a week and do a DVD 2 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes, for 12 weeks. That is 60 workouts.

That would put $30 in my bank.

So each day I will post my workouts and tally my on points days Join me if you'd like, or just come here and kick my butt in gear! I need this. I will not be fat when I turn 30. I refuse!!!! Even if I reach 150 which is where I was when I met DH and when I walking 3-4 miles a day on land and a couple miles a day in a pool I will be happy.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #2  

I am adding a mini goal for week one:
I will not drink my points...no sugary coffee, no pop ect.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:28 AM   #3  

No takers in the challenge department yet That's ok b/c even if I am sitting here talking to myself I am going to do this. But if anyone does want to jump in, and if you want to change the time frame or whatever we can For right now I am just trying to get in the exercise groove by doing a 12 week challenge...speaking of which here is my first entry.

Workouts: 1 out of 60 completed
Treadmill Workouts: 1 out of 36 completed
DVD workouts: 0 out of 24 completed
On Points Days: 1 out of 84

Week One Challenge to not drink my points: 1 out of 7 days completed.

Since I decided to start my points in the morning this week I will update my on points stuff tonight. On points days are any days I do not exceed my daily points target and flex points. So somedays I may eat 40 points but if I have flex points that's ok. But if I say eat all my daily points and all my flex points on Wednesday, then any day after that I will not count in my on points tally....I think that's how I decided to do it. I am a big proponent of using those flex points, so I don't want to call it an off points day if I use them, does this make any sense?

Last edited by MistySeptember; 03-30-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #4  

Okay, Misty. Count me in!! I'm going to try to not drink my points either. This will be extremely tough for me, but it will certainly be worth it.

I also need to exercise a ton more, but I want to put a little plan together tonight. I'll post later tonight or tomorrow.

Good idea, Misty. We'll have to keep eachother accountable.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:29 AM   #5  

Hi! I sooooo need this challenge~! I just got home from vacation and while I was away......with lots of time to think.......I decided to get back to this thing! HARD CORE! I will post my challenge of exercising at least 3 days a week at the gym! NO EXCEPTIONS! I will also note that I am starting to count and journal POINTS and food intake! I won't bore you guys tooo much with that, but I do need to journal a little and talk ALOT. So today is day one for me! March 30! I marked my calander and am giving myself a mini goal of 3 months - 15#! (June 30th - hopefully it'll be more than 15#, but thats what I'm shooting for!)
Old 03-30-2006, 02:10 PM   #6  

YAY!!!! I am so glad you girls are with me!!!!!

I just did another treadmill workout, so here are my stats.....

Workouts: 2 out of 60 completed
Treadmill Workouts: 2 out of 36 completed
On Points Days: 2 out of 84

Week One Challenge to not drink my points: 1 out of 7 days completed.

Last edited by MistySeptember; 03-30-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:31 AM   #7  

Workouts: 3 out of 60 completed
Treadmill Workouts: 3 out of 36 completed

On Points Days: 2 out of 84

Yesterday was a challenge. I made the kids some lunch and ended up picking at it using quite a few points. I was honest an wrote it down. But by the time 5:30 rolled around I was soooo hungry. I had to go to my mom and dad's house and watch my 4 adopted siblings. My mom had a hyterectomy, so my dad was at the hospital all day. My Gramma came to help out, but wouldn't have been able to handle the kids, cook dinner and get them all in bed. She was frazzled when I got there at 5:30 and it had only been two hours with them. They have a range of special needs, mostly behavioral issues so they can be handful. Anyway, I got there and was hungry. I had to cook, it was loud (6 kids will do that) and stressful, DS has been sick and DH took him to the doctor yesterday, so it was just a stressful day all around. I ended up eating quite a few chips while I cooked and had the kids clean up teh play room, then I ate the popcorn chicken and fries I cooked the kids. I had planned on taking my own dinner, but didn't get time. I counte dthe points the best I could and did end up eating quite a few flex points. But that is ok, I should be ok this weekend.

Today should be nice weather so I think we will go outside, that really helps the day go by. The kids I watch were good yesterday. The 4 month old is teething so he's not feeling well. DS has bronchitus and an ear infection, they are both in the early stages. Hopefully we can get him well by the time i leave for NC on Friday morning.

Well, I need to grab a shower, just wanted to log my workout real quick, then I have to clean. Have a fabulous day everyone!!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:14 AM   #8  

Yawwwwwwwwwwn! Morning everyone!
Well ..........this is yesterday's info! (1st day)
40 min. at the gym
20 min on the treadmill
POINTS allowed 26
used.....26
ww carrot cake....1
2 c. coffee w/sf cream.....2

veggie sub......4
1/2 serv. baked lays.........1

fruit......0
CANDY.......18!!!!!!!!!!! At least I posted it! (I wasn't going too!)

Have a great day! I promised (which we know I can and often do break) myself NOT to eat 18 POINTS worth of chocolate at work today!!!!! Wish me luck!
Old 04-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #9  

On Points Days: 3 out of 84
Week One Challenge to not drink my points: 3 out of 7 days completed.

My week one challenge was kind of hard yesterday. We went out to eat and I really would have loved a mountain dew, then by the time we left BJ's I wanted a drink MUCH stronger than pop LOL. But I made it through! I won't be using that goal the next two weeks b/c I will betraveling and sorry I need something other than water in the car. I will probably choose gatoraide though, far less points. Many of teh flavored waters have artificial sweeteners which give me a headache. I can have one drink with Splenda in it and that is about it.

Well have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 04-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #10  

Hello everyone!
Yesterday I was over 1 POINT.......so I subtracted it from my 35 bonus POINTS for the week..........

Today.........was right on......26 POINTS used! (it's only 6:45 though! I am having an unsweetened tea right now).

REMINDER................SRING AHEAD TONIGHT!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #11  

Sorry it has taken me so long to get my info posted. I want to complete the Couch to 5k program (I'm currently on week 3), do the firm video four times per week, and go on at least one walk

I also want to track my points...starting tomorrow...lol

Saturday I did week 3, workout 1 and the Firm Cardio Sculpt
Sunday, I walked 5 miles
Today, I'm going to try to do Firm Body Sculpt, but man am I sore.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:49 AM   #12  

hey girls! I went to the gym yesterday and am going to go this morning! that will be my 3 for the week, so anymore than that, will be an added bonus! I have stayed in my POINTS range all week with the exception of Sunday night where I used my ENTIRE 34 bonus POINTS in one meal. (thats ok though) I planned it that way because we went to a club and played pool and threw darts and of course I knew we would get "bar food"!
Steph I know what you mean about being sore! Ahhhhh! Me too!

Well going to the gym, then to tan, then for groceries! Have a great day girls!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #13  

Good Morning!!!

Well I'm not doing great in my challenge. I really haven't tracked my eating since Friday afternoon. So I can't say if I am on plan or not, if I am off it's not by much but over is over. So I will not count Saturday, Sunday, Monday or Tuesday in my on plan days. I had every intention to exercise yesterday, I totally forgot. I had to clean house, run errands and then worked on some projects for the kids and totally forgot. I also forgot to write a grocery list, watch my shows, ect. So I will try to double up. Not sure if I can. Maybe I will catch up a workout over the weekend. I did accomplish my week one goal

Next week's goal...track ALL week!

Week One Challenge to not drink my points: 6 out of 7 days completed.

Steph-Even reading about your exercise makes me tired!!!! Girl, You Rock!!!

Way to go on getting to the Gym Jeanne!!!!! I often save my flex points for one meal. That's what they are there for

I weigh in tonight. Wish me luck. I think I did ok. I leave for NC on Thursday, but I will be staying with my sister, she toois working on weight loss so we will be eating healthy and exercising. I may sub some treadmill workouts for walking outside or using her new exercise bike. I should still be able to check in at her house.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:24 AM   #14  

Hi, ladies. I have one fricken' headache today. I don't know if I'm stressed out or what my deal is. I have a job interview on Thursday. I told my current boss about it, and she said that she appreciated me telling her. She also said that she would look into whether she can give me a raise, enough money that I would stay. That made me feel really good!!! I hope everything works out!!

I did the Firm Body Sculpt last night. It was tough doing it, but I'm glad I did. I actually am a whole lot less sore today than yesterday, so that's great.

I'm also currently drinking a Mountain Dew. I thought that maybe it would help my headache. I also took two Vicadins, without luck.

Misty, I've totally have had good intentions in the past, but completely forget about doing something. That happened to me a couple of months ago. I intended to go to this Career Fair thing that I make my students go to. I left work early, got in my car, and attempted to head to the career fair, but I accidentely drove home instead. I didn't realize it until later that night. Woops!

Jeanne, sometimes we just need to hang loose and enjoy ourselves. Good for you. You're back on track already!!
Old 04-04-2006, 03:54 PM   #15  

LOL So it's not just me then Steph

I did do 30 minutes of a toning DVD today so here are my new totals.....
Workouts: 4 out of 60 completed
DVD workouts: 1 out of 24 completed

Week One Challenge to not drink my points: 6 out of 7 days completed.
Closed Thread