Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 06:54 AM   #46  

Workouts: 13 out of 60 completed

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanne-Get in here girl!!!!! Even if your not 100% "on plan". We need you! Don't make us break out the torches!

Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl, I am so proud of you, impressed by you and inspired by you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a horrible headache yesterday, maybe a migraine? I couldn't stand sound, or light. It made me sick to my stomach. I could barley function. I forced myself to eat a little bit of chicken. I feel better today but still not 100%. but I did get up and walk 30 minutes I may also walk tonight with my neighbor.

Have a great day!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #47  

Workouts: 15 out of 60 completed!!!

I have 45 workouts and 40 days to do it in. Considering that a workout for me is any 30 minutes of moderate exercise and I have been walking 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening the last couple of days this seems possible. We'll see.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #48  

Workouts: 16 out of 60 completed!!! 44 left!!!!!

DH took the kids across to the in laws...THANK HEAVENS!!!!!!!!...so I hit the treadmill for a second walking workout today. I noticed my ankle injury is acting up. Back in the fall I sprained it really bad and could barley walk. I have a brace from the dr somewhere, I need to find it. I do not want this to derail my efforts again.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #49  

Good for you, Misty!! I remember when you hurt your ankle last fall. Ankles are completely unforgiving. It seems like once you hurt it, it's always so easy to hurt it again.

I jogged 30 minutes tonight, 10 minutes last night, and that's everything since last Friday (when i jogged 30).
Old 05-18-2006, 03:42 AM   #50  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Misty - how is your ankle doing? I hope it has improved so that you can workout.

Well another b-day has come and gone for me and I am just as overweight as ever. I remember back in March I had such high hopes that I would be under 200 by now and that effort lasted about 2 weeks and then I got sick and never got back my mojo. Tuesday (my b-day) I sat at the dining room table and worked diligently on setting up another program, that lasted all of a few hours. I had a good breakfast, a good lunch and then I blew it in the afternoon by snacking on banana muffins and corn chips. I didn't eat according to plan yesterday either, I have stuff taped to my fridge for my plan and I felt like it was mocking me. Anyway it doesn't matter because I'm not giving up. I had a bad day on my b-day and yesterday wasn't all that bad and today I will be on plan. I have carrot sticks and a banana to snack on for the rest of tonight and lots of water to drink. I'm not going to go crazy worrying about exercise right now, my main focus is getting my eating under control. I will ride my exercise bike or go out for walks when I can but I'm not going to be extra vigilant. I have a lot of work to do around the house this summer so that will be lots of activity to burn calories. I"m trying to think of a good goal. I think instead of shooting for 199 I will just concentrate on losing 10lbs and then maybe I won't feel so overwhelmed when I am not close to accomplishing my goal. I would still like to be 199 by the end of the summer at the latest but I'm not going to worry about it right now, those first 10 lbs will be my main focus.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:55 AM   #51  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Jen, it sounds like you've latched on to some good ideas, especially breaking your long-term goal into smaller, do-able increments. I have a whole lot to lose, and what I did was create a file listing every mini goal I want to accomplish. Of course, all the 10-pound increments are in there, as well as the 10 percent increments. But there are other things too, such as: weight I was at when I fell off the wagon (248), lowest weight I accomplished on my last serious effort (232), weight where I really started to hate myself (225), last weight where I felt normal (169). I have three goal tickers on my siggy at all times -- the top 2 plus my long term. The smaller goals really make the ticker move fast and it feels really good!

One othere thing that is making a difference to me this time out is not letting myself get off track if I screw up. I used to let one bite of the "wrong" food blow a whole meal, which I let blow a whole day, then the whole week.

You ate muffins and chips? Big deal. Forget about and then get right back OP.

It also helps me to post my daily eating on this board, whether I stay OP or not. I don't think people read it, but that's OK. It's really just for me. And for some reason, I take it more seriously than just writing in my personal log.

Just some thought. Best of luck. Glad you joined us here!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #52  

It's great you are here Jen!!!! It's not quitting until you stop trying. You can't be 100% 100% of the time. It's not human. You'll get back on track. Just focus on one meal, one day at a time. That has been our philosphy here latley

My ankle is still bothering me. It's been crappy weather, and my treadmill is kind of burried at the moment. SO I haven't been trying, I think resting it is better right now anyway. Like I have been doing alot of laundry today and I can feel it aching as I sit here. So I've pretty much given up on my challenge...what's new right? LOL But I am still plugging away on my points.

I wish I lived near a pool. Then I could swim and do some low impact things. I miss swimming. I should be doing some weights and pilates to replace the walking
Old 05-19-2006, 12:44 AM   #53  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Maggie - thanks for your kind words. I've done that as well where I've had one bad thing to eat so then I just binge. It is hard to break that mind set though.

Misty - sorry to hear your ankle is still sore. have you tried wrapping it in a tensor bandage? Also you could try doing some ankle/foot specific exercises, I know my physiotherapist always makes me do those when I have ankle or foot problems. I don't really remember what they were but I'm sure you could find some info on the internet if you looked.
Closed Thread