Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 08:04 AM   #46  

Hey all - I just ordered the new Tony Little's gazelle freestyle total body machine. It will take 2-3 weeks to get here. I will let u know how it is. If anyone knows anything about this machine please let me know. I am getting bored with the treadmill. I could use some change and this machine is small and does 10 different workouts. Worked out hard yesterday to make up for the weekend. I appear to be back on track for weigh in tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2001, 10:18 AM   #47  

Tracey -

as we all know, the best way the fix a minor slip up (or a maor one for that matter) is to just get back on track and put it behind us..as the grief in the world won't help. Let us know how the Exercise thingy is .

-Nate
Old 08-29-2001, 06:40 PM   #48  

You are right Nate thank you. I weighed in tonight and it wasnt too bad I gained 2/10 of a pound so that brings my total to 50 even which is still great. I will make up for the gain and than some next week. I am back and ready to make goal.
Old 08-29-2001, 09:13 PM   #49  

Default Whew

Well, all of that worrying and I did great, considering. I'm down 3 more pounds for the last two weeks, bringing me to a grand total of 21 pounds gone forever, never to be seen again.

It's time for me to consider my ultimate WW goal. Am I right in thinking I should set it high so that it will be easier to remain a lifetime member? My range should be 122-155 , and I was at 154 tonight. I could say I'm at goal now, but I definitely want to lose more than that. My true goal is to be able to fit into a size 8, and I'm not close to that size yet.

I was thinking of setting my goal at 150, but keep in mind I'd like to go lower. Will that work? I think it would save $$$. Please let me know what y'all think.
Old 08-30-2001, 07:49 AM   #50  

Dee congrads. I personnally am setting the goal at the highest number which is 145 for me. I than plan on trying for 135 but want to have a little cushion. I would tell them u want mantainance now. WTG dee
Old 08-30-2001, 05:14 PM   #51  

Thanks, Tracey,

That confirms what I thought. I'm actually 5'5" 1/2, but put my height down as 5'6". I'll probably go with 150 as my maitenance, which is the maximum for 5'5".

I have to share something that made my day. I stopped at the dept. store today for back to school shopping (I'm a teacher, school starts Tuesday). The last time I shopped, about a month ago, I was a 14, so I picked up size 12 thinking it may be a little snug, but I would be losing and it would soon fit. It was too big!! Wow, that is the first time that has ever happened to me in my life! It has always been the other way around where I've had to go UP a size. So, I'm officially a size 10. I know I'm gloating, but this is the only place I feel comfortable doing that. I also stopped into school, and most haven't seen me all summer. They noticed a difference and told me how great I look! Adding to that, a teacher friend of mine who I had seen a couple of weeks ago showed up at WW last night and said she was joining because I inspired her. She figures if I can do it with my 3 munchkins constantly begging for ice cream, she could do it too! My next door neighbor also joined because of my success. (Hey, shouldn't I get a commission or something?)

I'm so happy and thanks to everyone for the inspiration and advice.
Old 08-31-2001, 10:43 AM   #52  

Default AUGH!!!!!!!!

Well I had ONE of THOSE WEEKS!!!!...I weighed in a few minuites ago and haqd gained 2#'s. Well I have been worring about a move this week and made the move yesterday - across the state. So I guess that 2# ain't that bad considering.....Oh well, back on the wagon.

Namaste'

-Nate
Old 09-01-2001, 12:52 AM   #53  

Nate with your way of thinking you will achieve anything good job. Congrads on the move
Old 09-01-2001, 02:33 PM   #54  

Hi Everyone! It's been a few weeks since I've checked in, and it's great to see everyone so positive. After reading your posts I got to thinking how excited I am for all you teachers who are going back to school and how happy and excited you must be that your students and co-workers will hardly recognize you. What a terrific feeling.

Congrats on the 50 pounds, Tracy. You are an inspiration to all of us. Nate, I hope the move wasn't TOO stressful--keep up the good work and the positive outlook.

I reached my first 10% goal last week, and this past week I'd lost another 3.2 pounds, making my grand total 40 pounds gone. Man, that sounds good I had hoped to reach 50 pounds by my 30th birthday on 9/16 (when I can stop being an imposter in your group), but I'm gonna come up a bit short. No biggie. I'll get there soon enough.

I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Keep up the great work.

Jill

Old 09-01-2001, 05:22 PM   #55  

Welcome Back to the group. Dont worry about only being 29 we wont hold it against u. Ty for the comment. 40 pounds is wonderful dont work about getting to the 50th it will happen soon enough.

Ps Tami if you read this I want to know if u went to WW Sat. You sounded like u were ready to get back. have a nice holiday Monday everyone
Old 09-02-2001, 02:28 PM   #56  

Hi,
Congrats to Jill on losing 40 pounds. That is a great accomplishment!

Haven't had a great week; gave in to a lot of temptations. Hubby wanted to know if I wanted to invite some neighbors over to have my b-day cake with us. I thought that sounded good; seeing friends and having help eating the cake too. Unfortunately, he also came home with chips and the temptation was too much for me to resist. I have told him before I can't have those around, but he doesn't get it. I'm trying to make up for things the rest of the week, but am resigned to having poor results at the weigh-in on Wed. I also get stressed out for the start of school and new routines for the whole family. Kids are going to daycare too, and we'll be busy. I'm with Nate; it's hard not to eat when stress and life changes come in. Nate, are you happy with your new digs?

We went the the NY State Fair yesterday; lots of free samples and had a gyro (maybe that's at least better than having the bloomin' onion I always had in the past).

Then there was the Labor Day party last night at some neighbors', I had some stuff I should have passed up; though I did forgo the drinks and had water, and passed on the hamburgers and hot dogs.

Tracey, what age groups do you teach computers to? Have you started for the fall? I teach middle school.

Oh well, we all know we have to get back on the horse after falling off!

ps: I was wondering if it would be helpful to post daily journal entries once in a while to see how others divide up points. It would be too much to do it every day, but once in a while might help.
Would anyone be interested?
Old 09-02-2001, 10:07 PM   #57  

You have some time to put a dent into those results. Even if you dont it is fine u will hop right back in the wagon and lose. I feel myself plateauing and dont know what to do about it.

I teach grade 3-5 computers. We start tuesday
Old 09-04-2001, 09:31 PM   #58  

Folks I got my new exercise machine today. It is awesome. I love it. I worked out 25 mins and I feel it. The Tony Little's gazelle. Highly recommend it.
Old 09-05-2001, 01:49 PM   #59  

Default EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Hi!

Tracey-I did not get to WW Saturday. I was really upset about it too. My daughter had gone to her father's house and had an emergency "clothes" situation that I had to tend to.

I'm looking forward to starting fresh this week. I've missed four weeks so I am out of the program. Luckily, WW is having free registration here!

I am hoping that this time I stick to it. I know that I need to journal (I'm good at that until I get home from work), drink water and exercise (I'm not good at that).

You guys are a great help. Thank you.
Old 09-06-2001, 06:31 AM   #60  

you got the right thinking Tami. You know your weakness so those are what u need to work on. Good Luck on Saturday. Dont worry what the scale says you are there that is the important part. I lost 1.4 yesterday at weigh in. We are starting another at work which I cant wait for. I feel this new machine is already helping
Closed Thread