Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 10:55 PM   #31  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Way to go, Lauren! 2.4--Woohoo!

Thanks for the info on the video. I may look for it after my life gets back in order.

I know what you mean about taking on another cat. I love my two furry babies, but two of them are enough.

Kathy, I love your camping tale! Congrats on your anniversary. My anniversary is at the beginning of July, the 9th. We've been married 24 years.

Judy, thanks for the info on the computer. It's interesting to hear how the Wendie plan is working for you.

Well, I have some good news. Paul has had two phone interviews with the company in Santa Rosa. He really hopes to get this job. It sounds like it's exactly the kind of job, in the kind of company he enjoys. The last guy he talked with said he was going to recommend that they have him up for a face-to-face interview. So, it looks good. Say a few more prayers and think lots of positive thoughts!

For me, if I have to move, closer to the Napa Valley and the northern CA coast is one of the places that's top on my list of places to move to. The CIA has their Greystone campus in Napa. They have some classes for people who aren't professional chefs. Plus, there are a ton of restaurants. Surely I can find a job in a kitchen somewhere to get the minimum 6 months experience the CIA requires before you can be accepted into their program.

If we do move up there, maybe we can meet somewhere, sometime, Kathy. It would be a real kick to meet one of my turtle buddies in person! I surprised my dh once when we were having an "if we won the lottery" conversation. I said I'd fly my turtle buddies to San Francisco for a weekend.

The down side is that it will be difficult for Chris to move to yet another school. He jokes that at least he won't have the nickname of "that one white guy". He'll be OK. He tends to land on his feet and make a place for himself anywhere he is. He just doesn't like having to do it.

David, OTOH, is essentially gone. He's still in SJ, but he doesn't think he'll be back home at all before he moves to Southern California. It's harder than I thought it would be. I know he'll be back to visit, but it's so weird to think of him as no longer living here. I'm glad for him, but a little sad for me. I will miss him. (except for his annoying habits! But, IMHO, the most important job of parenting is teaching them to be adults and then stepping aside and letting them be adults, no matter how hard it is.

My recipe doesn't have a name, yet. I have to see if it works before I can name it. The name will partly depend on how it ends up going together. But I've run out of some crucial ingredients and need to spend my grocery cash on the basic stuff. I have time before the contest entry deadline to work on it and come up with a great name. Your guess that it's a dessert is correct. I decided to do a dessert partly because most of the ingredients I would use for other types of dishes are not available in this medium-sized town that acts like a tiny town.

Things are going OK re: WW. Not great. I'm doing some of the things I want to do, but not doing others. I know that this is just a blip in my life and when it gets more settled, it will be easier to get back on track. I get annoyed with myself because I know that I don't have to act this way from the stress and so on. But I can't seem to care right now. I know that things will change and get better, so I'm working on just hanging in there.

Talk to you all later. I want to start a new thread because this one is getting long, but I don't have a lot of time online right now. Bear with me. I'll try not to let it get too out of control before I change it.

Happy turtlin'!

Lin
Old 07-25-2001, 08:53 AM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Lin,
Hey, I hope you do win a lottery ticket because the SF get together with the Turtles would be great! Good luck to your dh with his job interviews.
With the computer here, my dh found that the bridge CD (as in card playing, not over water) seemed to be the cause. I sure hope that is the case because the computer is sooooo much better.
Lauren,
Weigh to go with the weight loss! Great news! I am finally not dealing with TOM and honestly, it's a pleasure. I love the idea of marching around the house and that image is almost enough to make me find my Richard Simmons Dancing to the Oldies tape. I remember that it was fun and I broke out in a sweat so it had to do me some good!
Kathy,
Keep on keepin' on. You're doing great!
Everybody,
I'm off to WW WI with my wonderful instructor today. If she says noteworthy stuff, I'll jot a note about it tomorrow. All goes well here and I'm waiting a call from my son about the birth of our first grandchild. His wife is due on July 31st or Aug. 1st, so she could go into labor any time now.
I'm praying for you all and wishing us all well.
Judy 234/thinner
Old 07-25-2001, 11:06 AM   #33  
Senior Tortoise

I'll start the new thread, y'all.

Lin, we're praying!

--Lauren
Closed Thread