Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:08 AM   #61  

Default Goal: stay where I am

I would like to survive the added stress and temptations, and start 2006 at the same weight I am right now. I would also like to keep up my exercise routine.

Plan for this week: cardio/weights today
Cardio Thursday
Cardio/weights Friday

I am traveling over the weekend, bringing along my resistance tube. The hotel also has a pool and fitness room but you never know how the equipment will be.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:59 AM   #62  

Elana-That is an awesome goal. Staying the same through the holidays can be a struggle. Do you like your resistance tube? I was considering getting one. I had one years ago but I never used it LOL! Welcome to our little group. It's gerat to have you!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:54 AM   #63  

Hi, Elana! What a pretty name! Welcome!

I've discovered that I have only lost two pounds since September 17th!! I need to pick this up!! I think I was better when I was paying for meeting, and feeling very, very guilty if I were to go off program (since I was paying so much for WW each week). I'd like to lost 1.4 pounds this week, so I can get another star at the meeting, but it's impossible at the rate I'm going. I really need to pick up the pace!! It's been so difficult--I really don't think I have been off program that much. I feel like I should be losing faster than what I am.

I'm going to try journaling again--that's something I have really slacked off on.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:25 PM   #64  

Steph- Journaling will help. But also, remember the closer you are to that final goal the slower the you lose. Your body fights harder to keep the weight. That's why so many people sturggle with "that last 10 pounds". You'll get there don't worry!
Old 11-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #65  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

That's it! I am REJOINING WW and ...

G-O-I-N-G

B-A-C-K

T-O

M-E-E-T-I-N-G-S!

Can't do this on my own. Thought I could. Just can't.

(Hey, I HAVE been away for a while. Where did this guy come from?)
Old 11-15-2005, 06:20 PM   #66  

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I got my resistance tube for about $10-12; it also came with a door hook and a booklet of very good exercises. I always take it when I travel, especially to my parents' house in Chicago (my father is an avid exerciser, but they are still in the "all white flour" mode).

Even tho. I've been Lifetime a year now (!!!), I still find the meetings to be a total necessity. I go about twice a month, but I'll probably go back to every Sunday morning now that winter is here. It's not that I'm eating unhealthy food, but I'm definitely eating more than I actually am hungry for. I baked this afternoon w/my daughter--ultra-healthy apple muffins with flax seed, soy flour, low sugar, etc. Too bad they taste like rocks (LOL, they actually taste great).

My husband is out of town, so I'm watching Miss Congeniality 2 tonight. I know he would never want to see it, and I heard it actually got mixed reviews, but I really like Sandra Bullock so I'm just doing what I want.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:43 PM   #67  

MAGGIE-Girl I hear ya!!!! I tried on my own for a YEAR. Finally, I said I am worth $12 a week! I'm glad that you are willing to give it another shot!!! this guy cracks me up! Of course not as much as this guy DD gets all excited when I include them. She's often here with me when I type on my "messy boards"

Elana-Muffins sound so warm and yummy right now. it's a great time of year for somthing like that. Maybe you could post the recipe in our recipe thread? I too watch movies while my husbadn is out of town. He's not a big movie watcher so it's the only time I get to rent them. I hope you enjoy yours. I actually bought my sister a set of tubes to add to the fittness absket I am making her for x-mas. But I've never used any myself LOL. This set was on clearence nad they only ha done. Maybe I will talk he rinto breaking them outwhile sh eis here so I can try them LOL.

Well I lost 2 pounds this week! I'm happy. Of course had a melt down when I got home b/c all holy heck broke loose and I ate a pile of McD's fries that DH brought home for the kids before my meeting. So by the time I had them they were cold and nasty. No clue why I kept shoving them in my mouth except to refrain from yelling at DH. I got so mad I slammed my screen door and broke it. Guess I'll finally get the new one I wanted It's ok for now. I just broke the screen part, so DH put the glass in, which he had to do for winter anyway.

Have a great night girls!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:39 PM   #68  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Physical exercise is good for you. We know that we should do it daily, but our bodies don't want us to do too much, so here's a program of strenuous activities that do not require physical exercise. This is my new exercise program, choose 3 exercises per day.

01) Beating around the bush
02) Jumping to conclusions
03) Climbing the walls
04) Swallowing your pride
05) Passing the buck
06) Throwing your weight around
07) Dragging your heels
08) Pushing your luck
09) Making mountains out of molehills
10) Hitting the nail on the head
11) Wading through paperwork
12) Bending over backwards
13) Jumping on the bandwagon
14) Balancing the books
15) Running around in circles
16) Eating crow
17) Tooting your own horn
18) Climbing the ladder of success
19) Pulling out all the stops
20) Adding fuel to the fire
21) Opening a can of worms
22) Putting your foot in your mouth
23) Starting the ball rolling
24) Going over the edge
25) Picking up the pieces

Whew! That's a workout! Now sit down and
26) Exercise caution.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:31 AM   #69  
Closed

absoulutely love 'your' exercise program
Old 11-16-2005, 06:49 AM   #70  

Kitty- You crack me up!

Look- I have enough $$$ to buy a pair of jeans at walmart! LOL. I am going to have to lower my prizes though. Maybe after x-mas. I've already dipped into my jar to pay the little girl scout for the box of choc. covered pretzels I ordered LOL. Which by the way I've eaten all of! But I did count them so that's what counts right?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #71  

That's an exercise program I can definitely do! I'll post my recipe--where is the thread you guys use?

It was pouring rain this morning and just got nice. I can either fold laundry or take a walk...pretty sure the walk will win.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:52 PM   #72  

Here is the link to the main Slimmin Sistas Thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=180

And here is the one to the recipes http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61550

I feel junky today and totally NOT into exercising. I should but the kdis just plumb wore me out today. I am trying to find some recipes for chicken nuggets. I hate feeding the kids the store bought ones. There seem to be some good recipes out there. I just can't seem to get them away from canned and boxed junk. I made spaghetti-o today. The first time in well over a year. 4 kids (ages 1, 2, 2, and 5) ate two cans! It's crazy. I am also going to try to make some frozen dinenrs of my own. I had a yummy one today by Lean Cuisine with stuffing turkey, gravy and cinnamon apples. Really how hard can that be to make? But it may be chaper to just buy it LOL.

Well ahve agood one ladies!
Old 11-16-2005, 01:07 PM   #73  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Misty-kins... this sounds so simple, but remembering to do it is the tough part. When you make dinner, try to make a little bit extra and pack up a WW-friendly (pre-points-figured) dinner from the leftovers, then mark it as to content and points value, and pop it in the freezer. It's not only less expensive than buying them (since you had already made the food anyway), but there's less sodium and preservatives, PLUS you're making use of food that might have been thrown away otherwise.

I wish I could say that I do this, but I don't. Still, it's a good idea.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:48 PM   #74  

Maggie you are so right! I do that sometimes, when It's something I like. But frankly, I usually don't care that much for what we eat for dinner. Dh doesn't like fun stuff. I love things like mushroom and spinach stuffed chicken breasts, pesto chicken or balsamic honey chicken. My beef hcoices ar elimited to what happens to be in the freezer so I often avoid it sinc eI can't choose low fat cuts. Our hamburger though is far less greasy than even the 97% lean I sometimes buy for the kids I watch. It's so lean you have to add water to the pan to keep it form sticking! There is never any fat to drain. Dairy cows are usually what are in our freezer.

I like fun sauces, rice, herbs, veggies. DH eats hamburger helper. I know I say that alot but we freaking eat it at least once a week. There are days when I just want to gag thinking about eating it.

He won't eat anything with onions, tomatoes or really any veggies. His veggies are limited to corn and green beans and those I actually have to put on his plate or he'd leave them. He won't eat rice, cous cous, very little pasta.

Our typical dinners consist of spaghetti and meatballs, tacos a couple times a month, tuna casserole (once a week or every two weeks), chicken and rice, roast with veggies that becomes beef stew (once a week in the winter), chili (GAG), chicken noodle soup and PBJ or grilled cheese, and junk like chicken patties, kraft mac and cheese, ordering pizza, fish sticks, fried fish, home made fries. I detest pork chops and we eat those quite a bit.

So sometimes I eat Lean Cusine or the Michelina ones when I can get them for $1 each. I like Lean cuisine and healthy choice the best. Or I more often just eat the crap DH likes. Sometimes I cook myself an entirley different meal, but I barley ahve time to make one meal let alone two, you know? I mean I don't mind most of it but it's not usually something that freezes well anyway.

Also I like the frozen meals for lunches. They are quick and not too bad, and then I can stay out of the kids stuff. I hate all the sodium. There has to be a better way. I do on occasion make soups and freeze those. It's just been a while. Maybe I need to get out some recipes and whip up some stuff and stiock it away.

Does anybody else have a white bread hamburger helper kind of family? I hate to think that I am setting my kids up for a lifetime of poor eating. DH only eats real butter, and he will now try wheat bread. He only drinks whole milk (usually straight out of the milk tank so it still has all the cream in it). But my kids when presented with mac and cheese or roasted root vegetables, guess which one a two year old will pick. I make myself whole wheat pasta nad teh kids and DH eat regular. I feel like I should push the issue and make the kids eat the whole wheat. With something like they wouldn't notice. But in catering to DH I feel I am limiting what my kids are exposed to. I love stuff like sweet potatoes and squash, parsnips but I'd never serve them for dinner. Maybe I should. Budget plays a big role too, white bread is cheaper, regular pasta is cheaper. It costs less to stretch a pound of hamburger with Hamburger Helper than it would cost to just eat meatloaf. Eating healthy gets expensive. But, at what cost? Obese kids addicted to junky carbs rather than healthy fuel for thier bodies?

Ok I'm done ranting LOL. Now I am in the mood to cook something good. LOL! Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #75  

Hey ladies...well I was out yesterday on an interview for a big job...I think that I will be offered it but I am kinda scared b/c I haven't done Outside Sales before...just gotta think positive. Had a bad day yesterday being gone all day. That stinks. But right back on track today. I had some serious reading to catch up on.
Misty-Great job on the loss girl..so happy for you! I so understand where you are coming from on the foods we offer our kids. My husband is so thin so I keep his stuff in the house. Now DD will eat either mine or his..she doesn't care at this point so I guess that is good..but a time will come where she will choose. I still eat white bread..well white wheat b/c I despise wheat bread. Oh well all we can do is to teach them to make as good of choices as possible and as we all know portions sizes are so important!
Maggie-Girl glad to see ya...good advice you gave to Misty..I try to do that as well. I usually cook up a bunch of chicken and then eat on it for dinner all week.
Kitty-Love the exercise program..HEE HEE HEE!!

Ok...so where does everyone get the cool avatars??
Closed Thread