Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 09:01 AM   #16  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Today is another day on the challenge. I will exercise on the gazelle at least 10 minutes today. I will stay on my eating plan today. I will keep a positive attitude for today.

Yesterday, was a different story. I did get a little exercise, mostly stayed on my plan, but later in the day I got hooked on 3 Musketeer minis. Don't know how many I ate. But, I would say, too many.

Good luck today everyone!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #17  

Wow proud of you Marcie. I can't give up carbs. I know if I wouldn't have lost weight this week I was going to try core but oh didn't want to

Walked my three miles yesterday and today Whoo Hoo!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:41 PM   #18  

Luflic-Great job on the walking! The carb thing is actually getting easier..of course have only done it twice this week so far, but all I can do is try it right?? I would love to do Core but I just don't think I can. I'll stick to this a couple more weeks and then take a look at things. It might help to try it for one week.

Kitty-Darn the candy huh? The M&M's got me last night...I think I stopped myself just in the nick of time though.

Working out hard today to make up for nothing yesterday. It's funny...I missed yesterday and my body was like what the heck? I think I am adicted now!! It just doesn't seem right unless I am at the gym sweating. Missed having those xtra activity points as well.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #19  

You are all doing wonderful. Good for you!

I was back on the exercise bandwagon today, FINALLY!! I took about a 15 minute walk during my lunch hour, and then I did a 45-minute cardio kickboxing video.

I still haven't had time to form my goals for this challenge. I'll try to come up with something tonight!!

Like I said before, you're all doing wonderful!!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #20  

Hi all!

It was a crazy day and I still don't have much time to type. DH put up my new little tv and I used my treadmill while watching The OC..what can I say I'm addicted to a teenage night time soap LOL. Anyway I also took a 60 minute walk with my kids, whew up hill against the wind pushinga double stroller! But we all had fun. So techincally I've met my requirment for my exercise this week b/c I wanted to do a total of 2 hours (4 30 minute sessions). I still try to fit in a couple more this weekend.

I'll hopefully get more time to catch everyone's posts from today. Have a great night!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #21  

Thanks Steph! Great job on hopping back on the exercise wagon...feels great doesn't it!!!
Misty-Good job to you too on your exercise! I bet you see good things at weigh in next week. I WI tomorrow morning so I must be good. My scale was down 3 this morning so I am praying it will be that way tomorrow. If so I would get my 10 lb star..that would be nice! I like how they do that in 5 lb increments..keeps me from looking too far ahead. I noticed for the first time yesterday that I am losing weight. I looked at myself in the gym mirror...which I never do...and was like "WOW, I am doing this!" It felt great!

Great job ladies...hope you all had a great day yesterday and make this Friday a good one!!
Marcie
Old 11-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #22  

Good luck with your weigh in today Marcie!

Dh has been working around the clock, so I haven't gotten a break yet. SO it's another quick check in. I'm right on plan and feeling great. My home scale is showing me good things. Let's hope I make it through the weekend!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:26 PM   #23  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

HOORAY!! I just weighed in and I lost TWO pounds! I'm so excited because I've been stuck on the 190 plateau for five weeks. That's crazy. I hadn't weighed in for three weeks because of my insane schedule, so I was expecting a gain...a major gain.

But there wasn't! Yay! So, now I'm just going to see if I can lose the remaining 8 pounds before Christmas. And if I lose even more than that, then I'll be even happier to change my goal to 175.

And hey, I'm so excited for the rest of you ladies! Y'all are doing so well! Misty, this challenge was such a great idea!!

Congrats to all of us!!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:34 PM   #24  
Tryin' Again

Amanda,

You are AWESOME!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #25  

Hi all! My kids I watch are now coming three days a week instead of 5. So I lose $60 a week, but I gain time with my kids and time to clean my house. But, even with two days off I feel like I was busier than usual LOL. But I am releived. I had turned into the screaming crazy lady. Thos ekids are destroying my house and the little boy is constantly hurting my kids. My daughter has scratch marks the whole length of her face b/c of him.

Amanda-FABULOUS JOB!!!!!!! You are inspring me to try harder!

Marcie- I like the rewards too. Those little doo-dads give you something to look forward too. I'm glad the carb thing is getting easier. I am a carb addict and will forego eating other stuff just to have them. My whole day revolves around maximizing the amount of carbs I can take in for my numebr of points. Probably not a great thing, huh?

Stephanie-Super job getting those workouts in! Doesn't that feel good? Way to Go!

Well DH is out spotlighting deer. He's such a redneck LOL. But he fits right in I am sure my neighbors are all out doing it too. So, I guess I should get to bed. DS is still getting up at 6:45 am. We kept him up late tonight so maybe he will sleep in.....I can hope right? DH put them to bed over an hour ago, yet I didn't take the chance to get some extra sleep. Silly me! And I will nee dthat rest. Tomarrow we're going to my parents' house. Wish me luck! Thier four kids are NUTS!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:37 AM   #26  

Hi all! Where are you girls? Probably too many threads to keep up on. I run into that sometimes. I like this challenge, but sometimes only have time to reply to one or two threads before I have to get back to work.

I had an off day yesterday. But I think I am still ok this week. I am doing well starting my points at 5pm instead of when I get up. But math is not my strong suit (believe it or not its' WORSE than my typing LOL), so sometimes it throws me off. Also I try not to use my APs since I just about always use my all of my flex. So at the end of the day if I am over I go back in and account for the APs if I need to. Sometimes I think I make it more complicated than I need to LOL.

I really hope I see a loss this week. I need to stay on track. I've worked really hard at not eating snacks with my kids or eating a healthier alternative. Well have a fabulous day everyone. I have to tackle the laundry. I have a a HUGE overflowing basket of socks to sort. I think I am going to fold up like 15 pairs for me and 15 for my husband and the all of the kids' (b/c the don't have that many) and just bag up the rest. That way we don't have that many to fold. I am not kidding my husband and I have over 120 pairs of socks between us. How crazy is that? People kept buying them for us for holidays and when my husband traveled for work he'd just buy new socks instead of trying to fold up pairs (I rarley fold socks, we just all riffle through the basket). Anyway, now that I've gone on about socks I should get going. Can you tell I could use some conversation with people over the age of 5? LOL Have a fabulous day!
Old 11-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #27  
Tryin' Again

Hi Ho, Sistas!!!

Its only 11:25, but I've managed to stay OP so far. Did a 10 minute workout on the gazelle. I hope this is an omen of things to come.

Takin' it one day at a time, Sistas
Old 11-08-2005, 01:37 PM   #28  

I have walked three miles every day this month! Miracle for me! Sunday I don't walk but this sunday because we were at a hotel I swam for 40 minutes!!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:00 PM   #29  

YAY! Kitty, somedays I have to take it minute by minute! Each step counts!

LUFLIC!!!! THAT"S AWESOME!!!!!!!! Way to go!

I haven't eaten anything yet today, nor have I exercised. Just been too darn busy! The kids are in rare form. I was thinking that in addition to this challenge I would start challenging myself something for spring. I'd like to go see my sister in NC. They have awesome outlets down there. I was thinking maybe I would challenge myself to workout and lose wieght and put some $$$ in a jar orsomthing for reach time I did and then go shopping with it in April. I'm still trying to figure it out. We'll see.

I am really hoping for a good weigh in this week. I think that would spur me to working hard next week.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #30  

Oh Misty go eat! If I get hungry I make such bad choices and I can't get full I need to eat when I am getting hungry. I think the idea of saving for clothes at the outlets is a fantastic idea!!!! By spring you will be a hottie
Closed Thread