Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 09:14 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Default Turtle Group #144 Closer to Halloween

All welcome!
The Turtles Group has been around for a good long time. We are based on the idea that weight loss for us is slow but sure. The race between the rabbit and the turtle had the slow and steady turtle emerge as the victor. We are all on a path to victory and would be happy to have you join us.
Itryharder (for Lin and Lauren)
Old 10-04-2005, 11:21 PM   #2  

Thanks for starting a new one, Judy. I'm glad you had a good birthday, and I'm glad I could add to your cheer.

Bandit, how are things going with you? Check in soon!

I thought I had dodged DH's cold, but it turns out it was just incubating. *sigh* I've been down for about 36 hours. Mostly it's head stuff, though, so I'm hoping it will let go soon. It's interfering with my volunteering!

I'm sitting and watching The Biggest Loser, then I'm going to tuck into bed again. I'll have to see how tomorrow goes. I'll plan things if I think I'm going to be able to eat!

Oh, my meeting with Mike went well yesterday. I have direction again, and some understanding.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Judy - Happy Birthday! (sorry, alittle late) hope you had a really great day.

Things have been busy up here & went to meeting last night & was up .8# so thought I had better stay for the entire meeting rather than just w/i and leave. So it was good & I always feel better when I stay but sometimes things get in the way.

Mousie - hope you are feeling better with that cold and get back to normal eating.

Have a good one, bye for now.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:08 PM   #4  
Chick

Mousie,
Glad you got to Mike. Sad you picked up a cold. I think the Zicam and Airborne may help you fend off the worst symptoms. Good luck! Glad Mike helped you get some balance back.

Bandit, sorry you gained a bit, but happy you stayed for the mtg. and are on track. You are fabulous when you are "op", and I know we can all do this. thanks for the good birthday wishes. I love birthdays. they are just so festive.

Good luck to us all. I've gotta run.
Judy,
234.6/210/thinner into onederland. Hey!!! I forgot to mention that I lost 1.8# this week and it was a birthday week so I'm mighty proud. (Of course .6# was an up for the week before, but I am still on a downward trend and I am going to keep it going!!!!)
Old 10-06-2005, 10:34 AM   #5  

Hi Turtles:

I stayed completely OP yesterday & got in a 1/2 hour walk last night - so felt good about that.

Have a great Thanksgiving! Bye for now.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #6  

Yay Bandit! It's amazing how to world feels settled when we take time to take care of ourselves, isn't it? I know that I feel horribly frazzled and disjointed when I'm ignoring myself. Or is it the other way around? Whatever. Life is better when we take time for ourselves.

Judy, woohoo! 1.8 pounds is great! You're so close to breaking that 200 barrier, you must be so excited. And during your birthday week--I'm doubly impressed!

I'm feeling much better--still tired, but overall healthy. Cardiovascularly I'm still a bit shy on the stamina/endurance side, but it's getting better. Weigh-in is tomorrow so I'll let you all know how it goes!
Old 10-07-2005, 11:20 AM   #7  

Weigh-in this morning was a 2.5 pound loss! Now, I'm assuming this is because I was sick most of the week, and I'll be prepared to maintain or have a slight gain next week. For today, though, I'm going to be happy with it.

I've lost a total of 8.5 pounds since I started on July 28. So that's 10 weeks worth of effort, and I can't honestly say I'm thrilled with the total, but I am thrilled I haven't gone UP by that much! So a loss is a loss, and I'll work to be satisfied.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Hey, we're all losing weight in a slow and steady manner. Guess that's why we're turtles.

Bandit, you sound so great getting right back OP and getting in your exercise.
Doesn't it feel great?

Mousie, weigh to go to lose so much this week. Regardless of the reason, you are down and that's a great feeling. Journaling each meal and snack and planning to eat at your set intervals is the weigh to go. I know what you mean about losing at this rate. But my sister reminded me that she's gained 40# in the last 5 years while I had a 25# loss and then maintained 18# of those pounds down. Not at all what I wanted to do because I wanted to reach goal and I'm far from there. But now I am losing weight again and it feels good. We'll all get there as long as we keep on keepin' on.

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Judy
234.6/210/thinner into onederland
Old 10-11-2005, 09:35 AM   #9  
Chick

Tough night last night. Lots of emotion and I ended up eating just to eat instead of because I was hungry. I think the lucky thing is I didn't have any junk food in the house, so what I ate didn't do much damage on the scale. However, eating because it would stifle emotions sure ended up making me feel depressed and like I ruined my eating plan. So, now I have to get up, ignore what I did, count it in as points, and do the right thing today. I can, I have, and I will. How are you guys doing?
Judy
Old 10-11-2005, 10:44 AM   #10  

Awww, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Judy. You know you can turn to us if you need us, right? I hope everything gets settled very soon.

I'm working very hard to quash that instinct to turn to food to handle my feelings, too, but I have to admit that some of the bigger/more painful ones still get themselves fed. I try to just *have* the emotion, even if it means just sitting on the couch staring at the wall and thinking "I am feeling <X>. I am feeling <X>. I am feeling..." etc. Other times I try to distract myself and get busy. The house becomes very clean at those times.

I'm doing fine, DH's relatives (aunt and uncle) were in town and we had dinner with them two nights in a row. Once was a mexican restaurant and once was a meal I cooked. So at least I had control over the ingredients once, right? Due to eating big meals two nights in a row I'm up on the scale by 1.5, but it's not official til friday. So I'll see if I can whittle that down!

The house is immaculate (to impress the relatives) so I guess I can spend my whole day exercising! I should also go plan my day eating-wise. Take care, Turtles.

Last edited by mousie; 10-11-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:26 PM   #11  
Chick

Mousie,
Thanks for the kind words. Glad you did so well and thanks for the tips on just feeling the emotion. I can do that and will put it into practice. tomorrow is my official WI and I'm hoping for the best. Good luck to you on whittling off the 1.5#. Much of that is probably water retention.
Hey Bandit, how are you doing? Hope all goes well.
Love,
Judy
Old 10-12-2005, 07:15 PM   #12  
Chick

I am in virgin weight territory! Brief history. In 2000 I lost 25#. The next year all I did was maintain that weight loss. In the next three years I have yo-yoed all over the place. At the end of August something clicked and I have started this next roll of losing weight. I am down about 13# and have hit the original 25# weight loss. Yay~~ At this point I am .2# into virgin weight loss. My next goal is to get into onederland. I am so excited. Thanks for all your support Mousie and Bandit. Sonia, Choosie, Lin, Lauren, Miata hope you're all doing well and chiming in once in awhile.
Love,
Judy
234.6/209.4/thinner into onederland
Old 10-12-2005, 07:33 PM   #13  

YAY!!!! Judy, that is fantastic news! You should be very proud of yourself!

You're on a roll now, watch out world!
Old 10-13-2005, 01:31 PM   #14  

Yay Judy!!! You go, girl!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am hanging in there - did the big Thanksgiving dinner on weekend & have lots of leftovers, trying to get in some walks to help.

Bye for now.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, good for you for walking and getting in exercise! Canada's Thanksgiving is at a different time than ours. USA celebrates the 4th. Thursday of November. I love the traditional foods, but leftovers are verrrrrry tempting. Good luck with your resolve.

Today I havvvvve to get on the treadmill. These last few days have been very busy and I haven't been making time to do that. Getting on the treadmill helps me to keep up a weight loss and that's very important to me. Everybody take care and give us your tips for losing weight. Keep up the good work.

Judy
234.6/209.4/thinner into onederland
Closed Thread