Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 11:56 AM   #16  

Good morning turtles! Good to hear from you, bandit. Walking to manage increased intake is definitely a good thing!

Judy, get to that treadmill punching! I'm impressed that you've taken a stand, even just with yourself and us, to say, "this is important to me". Sometimes it takes a lot of courage to admit these things.

Today was weigh-in and I'm up 0.5 pounds. After the 2.5 loss last week, I was expecting it, so I'm not crushed at all. Actually, if I could just continue the trend of "lose 2.5, gain 0.5, lose 2.5, gain 0.5" I'd be thrilled! I have a haircut this morning, I'm going to be dyed bright fire-engine red again. Yay!

Keep on keepin' on, Turtles!
Old 10-14-2005, 09:51 PM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Mousie, fire engine red hair sounds so exciting. for making yourself happy.
As far as the .5# gain, I'm with you: losing 2.5 and then regaining only .5 is absolutely wonderful! You must be so happy that you kept most of that weight off.
Now we're onto chipping away at the next pound, and then the next, and then the next until we're at goal and try our hand at maintaining. This is such a help to me.
Thanks Mousie and Bandit for getting this all together and lending such great support.
I did punch my treadmill for an hour today and my arms are getting svelte. (Well, I can wish). In any case tomorrow will be beset with challenges, so i have to plan ahead to have good food with me since I'll be hanging out at my daughter's. Everyone have a great weekend and keep on keepin' on. And as far as admitting my weight loss is important, I have finally put myself on the top of my list and I want to keep this roll going. I am successful right now, I know what to do, and I have to work very hard not to sabotage myself. I know that sounds weird, but I've been around this weight for a long time and it's kind of settled on me. I hate it, but change is tricky too, so I have to outsmart myself to lose weight. Talk about complicated!!!!!

In any case, here's a to us all to keep going.
Love,
Judy
234.6/209.4/thinner onto onederland
Old 10-16-2005, 01:12 AM   #18  

Okay, Turtles! I'm working on restructuring my book and it's not going well, so I'm taking a break. There's something to be said for working on paper...it's hard to visualize when you can only see half a page at a time on the screen!

Yesterday was payday and I went to the grocery store, and got enough food for 2 weeks. We've got no money to eat out til next payday, due to paying bills, so this will be an experience. I'm concerned about veggies and fruit, but I'll deal with it when it becomes an issue. No eating out for a fortnight should be interesting--what a change!

My hair is "subtle". Next time I'll go more shocking. Right now it's got red streaks throughout, underneath the top layer (which is 2 shades lighter than my natural color). So when I move, especially in the sun, you see the red. I want something more punk rock, though, so next time I'll have him chop it off again and dye it red and black a la Natalie Portman in Closer.

Anyway, just needed a break! Keep on it, Turtles!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:37 AM   #19  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, hope the weekend is going well. I love that you chime in here.

Mousie,
did you get a contract for your book? this is so exciting. Good luck with it and I'm glad we're here for you to break with. Hey, I think you'd look great with Natalie Portman hair. Yeah, I'm surprised you didn't end up with a shocking red shock of hair.
Next time it will be. Payday and food sure go together. Maybe we can think of some canned fruit or frozen veggies that might help you out.

All goes well here. I'm trying to keep food tight today so that I can knock off my pound this week.
Love,
Judy
Itry 234.6/209.4/thinner into onederland
Old 10-17-2005, 11:11 AM   #20  

I am very proud of myself this morning, Turtles!

I woke up around 6am and decided to get up and take a walk before the day really starts. Put my clothes on, got my shoes on, picked up my iPod...and the battery was flat. Someone (ahem) in the household had taken it off the docking station to charge his own iPod. I briefly had a mental fit, whined and complained...and then I went out the door anyway!

It was a nice walk, even without music to get me going. 58 minutes, 3.1 miles. A friend in town and I are planning on doing a couple of 5ks this winter, so I'm working with that distance and getting that time down. Today was my day to clock myself...just time it and not push, do an easy walk to see where I am. Onward and downward from here!

Just needed to be happy about this for a minute, Turtles! Keep on keepin' on!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #21  
Chick

Mousie,
You are amazing! Your "just taking it easy" walk is my really pushing it! So glad you got out the door even though your iPod didn't make it. Weigh to go! Thinking about getting ready for the 5K walk is such a good thing. I think it's wonderful to make time for exercise. It's taken me a long time to realize it's the best way for me to assure myself that I'll lose weight. I really hated to exercise and now I find that I can build it into my schedule and it makes a difference in my losing weight.
Keep on keepin' on. Good luck and to us all. My WI is coming up on Wednesday and I'm hoping to lose another pound. Wouldn't that be great?
Judy
234.6/209.4/thinner into onederland
Old 10-18-2005, 10:19 AM   #22  

I have my fingers crossed for your weigh-in, Judy. I'm so excited for you--more than I am for myself!

I did the walk again this morning--woke up at 5:30! So I went out the door at 6:04 and stepped back in at 7:01. It rained in the night and the roads were slippery, wow that'll slow you down! I've got a lot to do today, including going to the hair guy again. 'Subtle' isn't working for me, I need my punk rock red!

Have a good day, Turtles!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:45 AM   #23  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Wow Mousie! Talk about making good use of your time! Good for you for getting out so early and getting in a nice long walk. Wonderful. Good luck with the red locks. I can just imagine what you'll look like and it's a great vision. Have a great day.

Bandit, here we go--another WI coming up tomorrow. Wow, my WW leader is sure right when she says we might as well do this program because the time goes by anyway. I am working hard on accepting the small weight losses. I figure in a year and a half I'll be right where I want to be. Exercising and watching what I eat--and I do love the Core program--allows me to lose a bit a week. What is different this time is that I am fighting to stay OP as close as I can. Before the end of August I would eat when I had a trigger to eat. Now I'm trying to interpret the triggers. Not easy, but it can be done. Gotta run and sweep some floors.
Love,
Judy
234.6/209.4/thinner into onederland
Old 10-18-2005, 11:39 AM   #24  

You know, Judy, I really struggle with the time thing. I mean, if I do this for 2 years, what have I lost (besides weight)? And yet...and yet I still get frustrated and angry, especially when I hear how fast others are losing.

There's a woman on here that posts her daily menu and is monitoring her weight loss by making it public, and it's like watching a car wreck. I can't look away. She celebrates when she eats less than 1200 calories a day...which in itself is a painful thought, but the things she eats! No veggies, at all, very very little protein and none of it lean, most of her calories from sugar and fat. And she's losing weight! It drives me batty because she's following none of the advice for healthy eating...and yet she's losing! Not fair not fair not fair! (Notice how there's no "stamp your foot" smilie?) I really wonder what it is that makes our bodies different. And generally I feel that mine must be "wrong" somehow.

But again, if I ate that sort of crap I would not only gain weight but I'd feel horrible. So it's not that I envy her what she eats...it's the fact that she's not "doing it right" and she's still getting the rewards!

But I try to comfort myself with the idea that I'm 'healthier'.

I try to keep in mind that old question, "where would you be in two years if you didn't do this?" Time's gonna pass, anyway, might as well be in a better place!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Sounds like you guys are really doing great.

Mousie - way to go on all that exercise!

Judy - good luck on your w/i this week.

I go tonight & not looking forward to it. I have good days then not so good days.
2 steps forward & 1 back.

But, I am going to go swimming after my w/i & I like that. Got a membership at our local Holiday Inn & you can use the gym (which is small) and the pool & hot-tub. So my goal is to get down there a few times a week for a soak & a swim.

But my eating has been terrible since late last week. I have felt guilty about it & that just seems to make it worse & I eat even more crap. So, someone slap me into reality and I am sure that is what will happen at my meeting.

Enough complaining from up here and keep up all the good work.

Bye for now.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #26  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit,
You'll snap out of this because you always do. I have confidence in you. Let's all take baby steps to keep on doing the right thing. Swimming and a hot tub sound heavenly and a wonderful way to get exercise into your routine. So glad you looked into it and investigated it and signed up. Weigh to go!!!! Congratulations on doing the right things and here's a to let you know we know you can get it all together!!!!!!!

Mousie,
Isn't that aggravating? I mean why doesn't someone just post, "Today I ate 16 candy bars and four Pop Tarts, but I didn't eat a leg of lamb, so I'll probably lose only 42# this week. Poor me." You know what I mean. The only thing I can offer is that we are who we are. We can't be someone else. We have to deal with our own bodies and our own minds. We have to outsmart ourselves and not allow bad spirits to make us wish it were easier for us like it is for other people. It's why I so respect the Turtles because all of us lose slowly but keep on perservering. You can do this. Try and ignore the others who seem to have an easier time. Eating for good health insures good health and a trimmer body. That's what we're working toward. You can do this. You've got the exercise down pat. How is the food lately? I'm finding making a quick homemade chicken soup with root veggies and couscous is on Core and very tasty.

Guys--I did great this week. I'm down 2.6# at my official WW WI. Hooray! Now, since 2000 I am down 27.8# and it feels so good. My aim is still to be into onederland by New Year's Eve and to my goal weight in 1 1/2 years. Mousie and Bandit, the time is going by. Let's figure out ways to keep OP and on track and do our best.
Love,
Judy
234.6/206.8/thinner into onederland
Old 10-19-2005, 02:41 PM   #27  

WOW Judy, what a fantastic loss!! You go girl! You must be feeling great!

I keep telling myself that the time's going to pass anyway. Coming here to Turtles helps too, though!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Judy - great job on your weight loss this week! Good for you.

Mousie - sounds like you are doing wonderful with your excercising. Keep up the good work.

Well I was up 1# over the last 2 weeks at meeting last night. But stayed for the whole meeting and felt good when I left. Got in a nice hot-tub & swim (did 10 continuous laps) so that is my start-point & will try to improve every couple visits.
My mom lives near there so dropped in & had cup of tea with her & refused some cookies.

So overall stayed OP yesterday & got in some exercise and have stayed on track all day.

Have a good evening & talk soon.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:43 PM   #29  
Chick

Bandit,
I think a one pound gain for over two weeks is actually terrific. Good for you and I love the pool and hot tub idea + tea with mom sounds extra nice. Yay!
Judy
Old 10-20-2005, 10:49 AM   #30  

Bandit--it sounds like you're back on track! Yeah, you had a small gain, but you went right out to exercise, you did something soothing and caring for yourself...sounds on track to me!

I had a sore throat that just got worse yesterday, and by last night I had lost my voice. I spent the night waking up and spraying my throat (those sore-throat sprays taste like bandaids smell, don't they?) and trying to get better. Well...I didn't. I woke up at 5:30 and decided I was going to go out and walk, anyway. You don't need a voice to walk! What I didn't realize is that increased breathing irritates an already sore throat (duh) and now I can't even get water into me. I did my walk in 60 minutes, and by the end I was soooo happy to get home! Wow, I never realized a sore throat would affect so much!

I'm going to take care of myself today and try to eat/drink cold things (protein pudding, cold water) and stay away from the "comfort" of ice cream! Have a good day, Turtles!
Closed Thread