View Poll Results: When it comes to Weight Watchers are you:
Fickle: On again off again, obsessive to hopeless. 7 31.82%
Obsessive: Totally stuck to the path, not budging for an instant. 3 13.64%
Dedicated: mainly stuck to the path, but taking brief detours to check out the scenery. 10 45.45%
Hopeless: can't stick to it for more than a day. 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 08:22 AM   #1  
Proud Mama

Angry Tuesday! Happy hump day for me!!

Good morning ya'll. Just thought I'd get the thread started. Now I gotta think up a poll.
Old 06-19-2001, 09:04 AM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey hey, where is everyone???

I went for a walk last night with Sadie and my neighbor! We walked for about 45+ minutes. Then I got up again this morning and walked again. We saw the freaky guy last night and turned around and went the other way. My neighbor grew up just down the road and knew the guy. She says he is very strange and doesn't trust him at all. He walks into peoples houses!!! Apparently he was in an accident way back when and had brain damage. But she said he makes very sexual comments and will hang around your house if you don't shooo him away. I am afraid for Emma, so I am keeping a close eye out. What a shame.

Other than that... same old for me!! More employee problems at work.. arggggg!!! I swear, good employees are VERY hard to find!
Old 06-19-2001, 09:46 AM   #3  

Angry

Good morning!

Jen ~ Sorry to hear about the weirdo in your neighborhood, there sure are alots of them out there, be careful!

Good morning Janet! Come back and post more!

Well, you ladies would be proud of me! Last night after cleaning my house, putting laundry away and making dinner, the kids and I (DH was working late) went for a bike ride. I have a mountain bike, and a trailer, so the kids (90 pounds worth) rode in the trailer and I huffed it up many hills all the way across town (2 miles) and then back again, WOW! what a workout, I was breathing so hard, it hurt!! Anyway, it was great exercise, and I stayed at the low end of my points yesterday too. It felt good.

Tonight, I am strollering the kids up to the pool for my DD swim lessons, then on for a long walk with them. I am trying real hard to get into an exercise regime.

Tomorrow I have the afternoon off, my mom and I are going shopping for a dress for my DD for my SIL wedding. I hope I can find something really cute. We are also eating chinese for lunch, so I am already thinking about what low point options I can eat. It should be fun, anything to get out of work!!

AND, after our lengthy discussion about thongs, I went out and bought about 5 pair. I am wearing them today (Gosh, I didn't mean to make that sentence sound like sex talk! ) they aren't too bad, I think I can get used to them, and you all are right, no panties up the b*tt!

Well, better get some work done, be back later!
Old 06-19-2001, 09:48 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Girls, I had a good evening. I saw Pay it Forward for the 2nd time actually. I really wanted my friend to see it so we rented it. I think it is inspiring although very sad Anyways I was OP. I am into it lately. I obviously checked the fickle box for the poll I have my moments. I went to water aerobics last night. It was sooooo fun. I cannot say enough about it and I got a good workout. My bum muscles are sore and so are my arms a bit. I am excited about this class. I am going Wed. too. Has anyone else tried it?

BTW Thanks for all of the advice re: walking alone etc. I wish we lived in a society where women wouldn't have to walk around in fear. That would be my wish If I were Miss AMerica Sorry it just reminded me of "Miss Congeniality" "I'd like world peace"

Anyways Jen sorry you are having some of the same trouble in your neck of the woods. You are smart to be careful especially with Emma. I think too many parents are naive about things.

BBL,
BEcky
Old 06-19-2001, 09:54 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

If anyone heard about the tornados in northern WI... I was not hit by them. But the damage up north is not good! We are a huge tourism state, so I hope it can get cleaned up quickly! My brother is a storm watcher/runner and he said all the clouds looked bad in our area, then dissapated and moved north! So I am OK!
Old 06-19-2001, 09:54 AM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

I am so bummed that I missed the thong discussion. Tonya you crack me up. I like them however I find that you can't get cheepy ones. It is all in the material. I prefer V.S. otherwise they can be a bit uncomfy. And I don't know about you all but I cannot sleep in them. OK since I missed out on the Thong Forum I had to add my 2 cents I'm done now.

BTW Tonya you go girl!! Work out Momma! I can't imagine the bike the hills and the kids! I am impressed. Also Jen good job on the exercise thing!!!
Old 06-19-2001, 10:12 AM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Maybe today I can play...

Jen and Tonya: I was thinking about ya'll this morning while watching the Today show. They were talking about the tornadoes. Glad to hear you guys are OK
Grace: I can't sleep in anything! It makes me sweat! I hope my house never burns down or someone tries to break in...they'll get an eye full!

I should have voted for dedicated, but likes to watch the scenery. I'm a scenery watcher right now.
My boss is out today at least until this afternoon, so hopefully I can play a little. We'll see.
But first, I need to get some work done.
Hello to all!
Old 06-19-2001, 10:17 AM   #8  

Default Hi all :)

I am in a pretty good mood for getting up earlier than usual and getting to work by 8am. I had to come to Annapolis today. It's not so bad, just far. At least I have some what interesting stuff to do. I got to read a copy of our new employee handbook and they are changing the vacation/sick policy to a total of 15 days per year instead of spearating it into 10 vacation and 5 sick. they also developped a maternity leave policy due to the 4 pregnant ladies this year. We get 10 weeks (unpaid)but that's ok with me. We get short -term disability that covers part of it anyway Sorry if this sounds boring to others, but it is our business to write handbook we are finally getting one!

Ok, next topic. After the thong discussion, I am considering buying one. I had one ages ago and didn't care for it but I may try again.

Last night I did well points wise. Ended the day at 23 and earned 6 exercise points. I am still recovering from Sunday and then will work on Saturday (the damage was much worse!) I think I am ok this week. No plans to eat out and I will be at the gym every night. I have a rehearsal dinner and another wedding this weekend to prepare for. I am hoping to go to the gym in the monrning before we leave on Friday and maybe use the one in the hotel as well. That may be wishful thinking though.

Tonya - Way to go on the major exercise! You are so great about getting exercise in fun ways by including your kids and combining it with things you are already doing. Keep it up and you will be back at your personal goal really soon!

Jen - Glad you took a walk but turned the other way. Just keep you eye out. Good thing you had the dog with you. You might consider carrying a cell phone if you have one.

Janet - How are you? Great poll. I think I am dedicated eventhough I waver (mostly on weekends). I have been at it a year and a half and just got to goal (I was actually there the first time in October but didn't want a Dr. note).

Steph - Glad you enjoyed water aerobics. Keep it up!

I better get back to work for a bit. Talk to you all later.

Sarah
194.4/160/160 - 1st week maintenance
Old 06-19-2001, 10:19 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Default KIRSTY!!

Guess what? I ran 20 min straight last night, yes I did!! Woo hoo! I am so excited I can hardly see straight. I thought that was the coolest.

Well, in training today...yuck. and my honda is being taken for its physical tonite, I don't know when I'll get it back .....love my car.

Anyway, must run, am late as usual.

Have a good OP day, you thong wearing girls!

Belle
Old 06-19-2001, 10:20 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm here!

hi guys,
sorry for lack of messages. sadly it is not because of UK bank holidays but because i'm swamped at work (we go to press on mon and tues so things can get very hectic). i have to get back to it but HELLO to you all and i promise to post properly when things quieten down.
love kirsty
Old 06-19-2001, 10:21 AM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

Default BELLE!

BELLE - that is so fab!!! woo hoo! i bet you felt fantastic after! me and lolly have got our 5k race this sunday. anyone wanna sponsor us?!
Old 06-19-2001, 10:38 AM   #12  
Running Babe

Morning All,

I am at my parent's house right now. They're about to leave for the UK for a month so since I have mon/tuesday off I am visiting! I love my job, my co-workers are so nice.

Anyhoo, I am still doing well points wise and stuff (yes this is a lifelong process) and have been doing lots of muscle training (the type with heavy weights that build muscle mass). Already it has been really helping with my tone. I am really starting to get my abs showing which is a lot of fun.

When I was losing weight I was a cross between the dedicated and the obsessed member. I mean I rarely had a day where I went over points, but I did try to fit in large meals and stuff and go over points then. I just wanted the weight off of me. Losing the weight quickly does have its disadvantages though, I am still adapting a lot of food into my life (I am doing it slowly). The last introduction was peanut butter (mmmmmmmmm). I still can't keep chocolate in my apartment (well uinless it is my roomate's). I am also fitting in alkihol a bit too.

I hope everyone is doing well though!

Kirsty: Sorry you're so swamped, good luck getting through the week.

Belle: yeah, I miss my car when she's getting her appointments. Though living downtown I am rarely using her now. I pretty much walk everywhere.

Jen: I am glad that you weren't affected and hope all those who're affected get through this and are okay.

Tonya and Becky: I am the queen of the thong now. I just won't wear then with a skirt yet.

Sarah: congrats on being on maintanance, but you may find 23 points too low. I lost on 27 points and 29 points a day I am maintaining well into the 30s I think (I generally eat 30-31 a day but will have a large meal once a week kind of thing). Maintanance if fun, remember to journal through it, trust me it helps a lot! If you can't make your exercise goals for the weekend don't worry about it, dance up a storm at the wedding and have fun

Bye Everyone!

Ali
Old 06-19-2001, 11:47 AM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Need Assistance ASAP

Does anyone know how many pts are in a hot dog. I don't usually care for them all that much however they are having a Family fun day here today and there free which means I don't have to run out for food Can you say LAZY Anyways while you are at it how much for the bun too? Thanks girls. I left my WW packet at home Bummer.

Ok I just thought of a funny thing that happened last night. First of all you have to picture my Water Aerobics class. Pregnant women, women well over 50 and a few of my girlfriends my age. We are bouncing along to the music and all of a sudden "The THong Song" comes on. I was cracking up. It is just funny we ar all in our bathing suits and just the thought 65-70 yr old women in a thong The thong discussion made me think of it.

Thanks for the help withthe pts?

Becky
Old 06-19-2001, 12:24 PM   #14  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Hot Dogs, Mmmm

Becky: I just went to www.dottisweightlosszone.com and it looks like a hot dog can be anywhere from 6 points for a reg. dog to 9 points for a chili dog. I clicked on the Weinershcnitzel (or whatever) site for the points.
Enjoy!
Old 06-19-2001, 12:29 PM   #15  
A Yankee in Virginia

Becky: I'm pretty sure a hot dog in a bun is 9 points. At home, I usually get low-fat ones (3 points for the dog) and use low-fat bread. But if you get regular ones, like at a baseball game, they get up there.

I'm just saying a quick hi b/c I'm heading out to lunch. I'm trying to be good today because I ate horribly all weekend, with weddings Friday and Saturday and being out-of-town until yesterday. Last night, though, I bought myself fixings to make my own smoothies ... vanilla frozen yogurt, pineapple sherbert and lots of fruit ... strawberries, bananas and mangoes. Yum! I had one last night.

Gotta run but I'll be back later. Hope everyone's doing well!
Closed Thread