Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 04:59 PM   #61  

lol mimi at the rate your going they might not fit anymore in november they'll be hanging off you.

kate
Old 10-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #62  

Tina, the machine we have is a thing you sit on, push on pedals with your feet, and pull back on handlebars at the same time. I know it really gives the tummy, legs, and arms a workout.

Tim and I went shopping today for a new shirt for him. Found nothing that he liked. Saw lots of things for him that I liked, but he rolled his eyes.

Bob and I were just planning a trip to Georgia over Christmas break. Not sure exactly how long we'll stay, but it just sounds nice. I wish we could leave today!
Old 10-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #63  
Susan

Howdy,

It's my fall break. It's hard to believe we've been in school 8 weeks already. I do love my little class!!

Mimi, I can't even imagine turning on the heater. It's still warm here, the other morning it was abotu 59 degrees and I was freezing. I would die if I need a heavy coat.

Tammy, now don't you work too hard at school.

Tina, come up to the State Fair!!! It opened yesterday and will be running all month long.

Amy, whatcha doing? Did you have fun at the beauty shop?

Pat and I are going to the Fair on Thursday. I'm really hoping he'll take Tuesday off. It's hard to believe that it's going to be a year. It seems like a life time already. Hopefully in Heaven, it will only seem like a minute until I'm with my precious baby.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #64  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I'm so tired and Larry has done all the work today. He picked up the pile of sticks, branches and leaves I raked up from the storm. We have to put everything in large sacks or the garbage men won't pick it up. Grrr....
Then, he started working cleaning up the back yard.

Tammy, what part of GA are y'all going to? Is it that island? How long will you stay? Ooooh, can I go, too???? Just kidding.

Mimi, I'm with Susan---I sweat just thinking about wearing a heavy coat. I'm so warm natured.

Everyone have a great Sunday.
Tina
Old 10-02-2005, 10:29 AM   #65  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing great. The weather here is going to warm up for a couple of days to about 80° then it's going to drop down into the 60's. I LOVE Fall! Unfortunately I'm not too crazy about winter. LOL

I am still without a car. I could use mine but the mornings are TOO cold with no driverside window. As soon as they get the parts I will take mine in and will get a loner for free till mine is done. That won't be so bad. Hopefully the first of this week.

Mimi, it sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the great work.

Tammy, hope you have a good time on your trip.

Susan, hope you have a good time at the state fair too.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday... Take care......Sis
Old 10-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #66  

We are planning to go to Jekyll Island in Georgia. I can't wait! lol We were trying to decide if we wanted to be there on Christmas Day, because we don't know if there would be anyplace open to eat! I said we could have things with us to fix something easy, so we just might do it.

Susan, we don't have a fall break. Hope you enjoy yours. A year already. So hard to believe. Seamus is waiting for you in Heaven, and he's in good hands until you and Pat are there.

Sis, I hate being without a car! Hopefully things get back to normal for you very soon.

My friends and I will be going to our little canal town in Indiana before Christmas for our yearly getaway. We have always just stayed for one night, and this year we are booked for 2 nights at the bed and breakfast where we always stay. We'll be there Dec. 16-18. We have so much fun when we are there, and the innkeepers are a blast!!

I need to spend some time at school. My room just isn't the way that I want it yet. With 27 kids in the small room, I don't feel like we have any room to move around. I like the kids, but I really don't like not knowing what I'm doing. 2 years. I can do this.

Tim just left for work. He said last night that he wishes he could quit. With the cost of gas, he really isn't making much with the driving back and forth. It's a 20 mile drive round trip. AND he also has to drive the same distance each day to the community college. A couple of times I've had him take my van to save the gas in his car. I think it would be better if he worked right here in town, but there aren't that many places to work.

Have a great Sunday!!
Old 10-02-2005, 02:24 PM   #67  
Thursday Lady

Sis, I'm sorry you still haven't gotten your car fixed. For me, it's hard to realize it's COLD for you in the mornings. I'm just thankful it has cooled down a little for all those in TX and LA that are without power. My girlfriend doesn't think they'll get power back for at least a month.

Susan, you know you're always in our thoughts and prayers. We love you and hurt for and with you.

Tammy, your trip sounds neat. However, I don't think I could be away from home on Christmas Day. Whatever you decide, I know you need that rest and getaway.

Guess what -- we're taking a little vacation in a few weeks. Larry has been in need of one for months--with that crazy manager changing HER mind about things all the time.
I am very worried about Smokey, though. David always comes and spends the night here with him. It would be traumatic for him if Smokey got really sick and/or died. Smokey is not doing well at all right now. This week, I'll call and talk to the vet. I wish there was a majic cure for getting old and getting "oldness" illnesses.
Now that I've gotten myself all upset thinking about it, I'll get off here. (Sorry about all this personal stuff.)
Old 10-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #68  
Susan

I'm starting an October Thread!
Closed Thread