Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #16  
THICK and tired of it

Thanks for the info, Misty- I don't attend meetings, so I've never really learned about the activity points, though I do have an AP slider and figured that I earned 5 points yesterday (I also went for a walk and a *short* bike ride!) I know the goal here is to lose slowly because that is the healthy way, and also helps in keeping it off, but I must say- and I'm sure I'm not alone in this- I'm eager as all hhhh to get rid of this excess weight!!! So I think if not eating the APs will help it come off faster, then I'm not going to bother with them.

Quite- I hear ya, sista! I feel the same way. Lisa and I have been eating a lot of "diet food" which seems to contain mostly chemicals... No good. Organic food, whole food- I think the only place we can find really nutritious foods is in the produce and meat isle of the grocery store and then prepare it in our own kitchens... Wouldn't it be nice if there was a place we could shop that had all good, wholesome food and nothing else? Why aren't there whole restaurants dedicated to serving health conscious meals- low fat, low sodium, whole grains, etc? Well, maybe there are, just not around here...

Anyway, I'm off to get some sun on my cadaver white legs- I bought shorts the other day for the first time in years! If I don't pass out from the heat, I'll check in on y'all later... hope everyone is having a good day!

Lori
Old 07-14-2005, 01:31 PM   #17  

I know what you mean about breakfast. Two poptarts (not filling at all!) are 9 points!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:16 PM   #18  

Hello All...Nap Time my favorite time of day!!!

Thanks for compiling the votes Amanda!!

Hi Andrea

Quite I'm right there with ya! Lori's right I think right now our best choice is our own kitchen. Then we are in control. As more of America moves to healthier eating then maybe more commercial food services will take the hint. I always try to get the most bang for my point buck, ya know. Seems liek I spend so much time calculating to make sure I get as much as I can for as little as I can.

Like the poptart thing, I refuse to eat them b/c they aren't worth the points. I think for 9 points I can have a large Healthy choice meal and 1/2 c ff sf icecream, or 2 eggs and two peices of whole wheat toast with 2 T ICBINB light ya know? But there are times when we are on the go, or choices are limited. You went in knowing what you wanted and plans had to chaneg and that's hard.

But don't let it get you down. Make the best choices with what you have and focus on having a good meal next time and a better day tomarrow. If you know breakfast is hard make up some muffin sandwhiches with those thomas' multigrain lights and egg and freeze them. Or I found a recipe for breakfast burritos that freezes well. I think they are 3 points, and they freeze well, have one with some fruit and you have a nice 4-5 point breakfast that is filling.

Well got to run, have a greta evening all!
~misty
Old 07-14-2005, 03:55 PM   #19  
THICK and tired of it

MISTY! That avatar! It’s awesome! When/how did you do that? Incredible- I love it! I’d like to have a Tshirt with that printed on it! A workout shirt! Ooh- some of those thin sweatpants all the cute coeds wear around campus with MSU across the butt- I should put it there! On my butt, there’s definitely room for more than three letters- ha ha!

I do the "most points for my buck" deal too- lite bread, ff products with one or zero points- and I also think that the more we purchase those things the more they'll increase in availability, and quality. I do worry about sodium content, also, especially in altered and prepackaged food- well, it's hard to get away from sodium unless you're eating all natural foods all the time. Consider: Green beans have under 10mg while canned green beans have somewhere around 300mg, or more. My frozen salmon patties have 310mg- ugh! My V8 has 710mg! Eating healthy is a difficult task these days- I'll keep plugging away at this diet and lifestyle change and working toward healthy eating... and I'll get there! Oh, I forgot to mention High Fructose Corn Syrup- evil! It's in EVERYTHING! I'm fed up with the food industry- Anyone know of an organic farm commune looking for more members?

Whoa, that was a bit of a rant, wasn't it?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #20  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Happy Thursday Sista's! It's almost Friday!YAY!
I've had a very busy work day today-I haven't had much to time to read/post, but I wanted to make sure I posted my food for the day. That really helps me keep accounted for.
I hope everyone had a good day, and if not, I hope tomorrow is better!

Take care~Izzy

Thursday July 14, 2005

B- 2 FF waffles 2p
PB 3p
1 cup grape juice 2p

S- FF cappicinno(sp?) 3p

L-Lettuce ZERO
FF croutons 1p
FF dressing 2p
2 pieces light bread 1p
2 FF hotdogs 2p
chopped onions,mustard,ketchup ZERO
Blk. Cherry Diet Rite ZERO

S-100 cal. pack chips ahoy 2p

D-2 wheat bun 2p
1/2 cup Lloyd's BBQ pork 4p
1/2 cup baked beans 2p
1 cup grapes 1p

S-1 cup FF icecream 2p

TOTAL 29 points
I still have 2 points not planned for yet! OOOh, I feel naughty!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #21  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Oh, I forgot something! I have this deck of Zen cards that I keep here at work on my desk. Anyhow, they are really neat to read and ponder over, so I thought I would share the one I picked for today...

Understand that the journey is as important as the destination.
Enjoy every moment, and live life fully.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #22  

Default dentist appointment

Hi, ladies!! I just got back from a dentist appointment. I had 2 cavities filled, and now my left side of my mouth is all swollen up. I look pretty funny!! But...I'm starving, and I can't eat since there's too much swelling and numbness...I'm afraid I'd bite my tongue or something! (It will soon pass, but I'm being impatient.)

My day..

Breakfast:
1 cup Kellogg's Smartstart (3 pts.)
.5 cup skim milk (1 pt.)

Snack:
watermelon (1 pt)
Mt. Dew (3 pts.)

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine meal (5 pts.)

Snack:
Canteloupe (1 pt)

I have 10 points left. I can't wait to be able to eat them!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 07:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!!

Here is my menu for today. I didn't go over or anything, but I'm going to try really hard to NOT snack tonight at all.

Anyway, here it is.

Breakfast
1 tortilla – 3 pts
1 piece of meat – 1 pt
Ό cup cheese – 3 pts
Total – 7 pts

Lunch
1 sandwich – 3 pts (2 pieces of FF bread 1 pt each, and one slice of lunch meat)
1 serving pretzels – 2 pts
1 tbl spoon PB – 2 pts
1 muffin – 5 pts
Total – 12

Dinner
2 sandwiches – 9 pts (4 slices of FF bread, 2 slices of lunch meat, and 1/4 cup shredded cheese)
1 serving pretzels – 2 pts
Total – 11 pts

Total points = 30

Tomorrow is my official weigh in. I had gained 2 lbs since last Friday, I was down to 259, and then went back up to 261. I'm now down to 259.2 again, so I'm sure when I weigh in tomorrow, I will have stayed the same for the week. Its kind of disappointing, but I know I have to just deal with it, and not give up. I know that with the DVD that I've been doing, it uses weights, so I'm sure I've got to be gaining some muscle. On the up side, my legs are looking good lol Last night, my boyfriend said they were looking sexy, so that made me feel good.

I wasn't too great today, I didn't get up and exercise. I walked a little, but it wasn't as much as we normally do. I may still exercise tonight, I don't have to work tomorrow, and I'll be staying up late anyway.

We soooo need to get some groceries. I'm so tired of eating the same thing everyday, and its not all that great. I need some fruit and veggies again, I noticed the more I ate those things, the more I lost that week. But we are broke until next Wednesday.

I'm sooo glad its Thursday, and I don't have to be back to work until 11 am on Monday morning!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

~Liz

Last edited by Lizzyg; 07-14-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:28 PM   #24  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi all!
I started a Thursday thread up in General WW and couldn't figure out why nobody was there... then I noticed this one.

I wasn't very good today--

B--Skipped breakfast.

L-- ate at work. They served lightly breaded fish (3pts), scalloped potatoes (3pts?), green beans (0), and canned peaches (2pts) . I also had one can of regular soda at work (3pts). =11pts

S-- We ended up at Taco Bell. I got a taco salad, but only ate about half of it and a couple of bites of the shell. (guesstimating 7pts) It just tasted funny. I also had about half a beef meximelt (6.5 for whole-- guesstimating mine at 4pts), all of a medium soda (3pts?), and a couple of my daughter's cinnamon twists (3.5 for the whole order- so I'll guesstimate mine at 1.5pts). =15.5

25.5pts total That's not terrible, but, considering the food choices, I could have spent those points much more wisely and been more satisfied with my meals.

No exercise yet and only a little water so far. I hear an exercise video calling my name...

I've been doing pretty good with tracking my points and eating three fairly balanced meals... but today I'm just "off". Oh well.... tommorow I'll behave!

Last edited by AmyMCGS; 07-14-2005 at 07:41 PM. Reason: figured up my points & added them in
Old 07-14-2005, 07:59 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

ok, now I'm starting to feel guilty for not working out... so I'm going to go work out now. lol... I guess its good though, because in the past, if I didn't work out, I didn't care, and didn't feel bad for NOT working out.

I don't remember if someone answered this question or not, but its about the AP points.

If you don't use the points, will that hurt you in your weight loss? I almost NEVER use my AP points, and just want to know if its better to use or not use them, or if it doesn't really matter.

Thanks!!

~Liz
Old 07-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #26  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Hello you lovely sistas!! (I'm loving our new name--and Misty, I covet your avatar! )

Liz: I wanted to answer your question first. I'm not sure if ignoring your AP hurts your progress at all. In fact, I've not been using mine because I don't want to give myself an excuse to snack more than I already do...not yet anyway. I just can't be trusted quite yet. Maybe a couple more weeks and I'll be ready for AP, but not yet. However, just because I'm not using my AP does not mean I'm not exercising. I go to the gym every day for cardio, see a personal trainer twice a day for weight training, and then go back once a week for independent weight training (I get weekends off ). So really...not using your AP just means you're not taking advantage of a couple extra possible points (I consider them optional, like the Flex Points). Does that make sense?

Okie, and now for my daily write-up! (Izzy, I'm just like you--this keeps me EXTREMELY honest! )

Breakfast:
--2 pieces buttered bread: 3 pts.
Total: 3 pts.

Lunch:
--2 grilled bologna & cheese sandwiches (no mayo): 6 pts.
--FF original Pringles: 1 pt.
--cherry popsicle: 1 pt.
Total: 8 pts.

Snack:
--Light BBQ chips: 1 pt.
Total: 1 pt.

Dinner:
--1 Boca chicken patty: 3 pts.
+ 1 slice 2% Amer. cheese: 1 pt.
+ 2 pieces bread: 1 pt.
+ 1 tbsp. light mayo: 1 pt.
--Light Sour Cream & Cheddar Ruffles: 1 pt.
Total: 7 pts.

Grand Total: 19 pts.

I have 7 points left (total of 26 in the day), and I haven't quite decided what I want to do for dessert. I can get a full cup of ice cream for 6 points (but I have that every night), or I can try a new snack: FF choc. pudding + 100 cal. graham crackers = 4 pts. And then later this evening (because it's bound to happen, lol), I'll be able to have a little 3 pt. snack. Yeah...I think I've made my choice.

OH! And if you guys haven't "discovered" these Boca chicken patties--Oh. My. God. They are SO good! Only 3 pts./patty, and they actually taste like real fatty chicken patties!

Any other amazing finds out there?

Hope everyone's doing well tonight!! And Liz, I'm so proud of you for going ahead and working out! I had a similar problem this evening, too, and ended up going to the gym for my cardio at around 5:30 (I usually go at 8 a.m.), so I know how you might have felt. But no worries: at least one of your slimmin' sistas was right there with you!!

~Amanda
Old 07-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #27  

Evening ALL!!

LONG DAY!!! I'm gonna crash as soon as I post.

Breakfast
Grapfruit-1
English Muffin-3
Eggwhite-0
Bacon-1
Cheese-1
Subtotal-6

Lunch
Balsamic Glazed Chicken-3
Broccoli-0
Potato with 1 t canola oil oven baked with garlic and rosemary-4
1/2 cup pineapple-1
Subtotal-7
TOTAL-13

Snack
Kids left over Pizza rolls -5
TOTAL-18

Dinner
Soup-1
2 FF Bologna Sanwhiches with Mustard-5
SubTotal-6
TOTAL-25

Leaving me with one point.

Lori and Amanda THANKS I made it this afternoon during nap time using Microsoft Picture It. I tried animating it but the file was too big. Yeah a T-shirt would be cool LOL

I like that Quote Izzy!

Stephanie-Hope your teeth feel better soon!!! Enjoy those 10 points!

Lizzy I hear you on the grocery thing! We are so out of stuff I fed teh kids and my husband hamburger helper. But to make it we had to go steal milk from the barn. We tend not to use it from the barn b/c it is not pasturized, but it was all we had and I was 1/2 a cup short LOL! Greta job on pushingyourself to exercise, wish I oculd get going on that. I posted earlier today about AP, scroll back a few entries you'll see it

Amy, don't worry we all have off days, and you didn't do too badly really.

Ok well I am BEAT!!! My early bedtime attempt yesterday failed. So I am hoping my son is conked out so I can go in without distracting him (his crib is still in our room). Maybe if I get to bed in the next few minutes I will feel motivated to walk in the AM!

~misty

Last edited by MistySeptember; 07-14-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #28  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Oh yeah! Liz! I noticed that you were eating a 1 pt./piece bread, and I wanted to tell you of a wonderful 1 pt./2 pieces of bread that I use and it is DELICIOUS, so at least it slims your sandwiches by one point. It's by Nature's Own; it's called Healthline Light. I usually get it in Wheat, and I think it also comes in Honey Wheat. It's got 40 cal., 1 g. fat, and 5 g. dietary fiber.

I myself thought it was a good idea, considering most people eat two slices at a time because most people get sandwiches, so why not make both slices total to 1 pt., right?

Have a good night! Hope your workout went well!
~Amanda
Old 07-14-2005, 09:07 PM   #29  

Well, it sounds like everyone is having a good day. I didn't have to work so bought groceries and then came home and spent the afternoon "putting them away". I usually get everything ready to "grab & eat" and then I'm not tempted to eat junk -- so now I have grapes, cherries, tomatoes, mushrooms, salad greens, cut up watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, & cantaloupe all ready to go. I eat a LOT of fruit & veggies!!! Do any of you have a Farmers' Market in your area? We have one each Sat a.m. all summer and I live out of the FM. We are just getting fresh sweet corn and last Sat I bought the first of the local tomatoes (greenhouse grown to be sure, but boy were they good!)

Diva - I sure don't envy you a 70 min commute. Boy, that makes for a very long day!

My understanding is that AP points have to be used on the day they're earned. My "exercise of choice" is walking and I tell myself it's moderate level (but then I never could sing, and pushing my fat #@% along the frontage road IS moderate level!) I never use APs. I kind of do the WendyPlan as I have some days I'm a bit above target and then I make up for it with a lower day.

Oh this is so long already -- but have any of you tried the Kashi Cereals. I bought Kashi Crunch and have 1/2 c (1pt), with a 1/2 c FF or LF yogurt and some fruit (blueberries if I have them) in the morning. Sometimes just a touch of honey on the yogurt. The yogurt kind of softens the Kashi ... really good and sticks with you a long time. Lots of fiber.

Have a good evening all ... Bev
Old 07-14-2005, 09:33 PM   #30  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Hi Sistas! We really need to name our thread and spread the word...this thread has been kind of quiet, huh?

I'm dead tired but I wanted to celebrate a little. TWICE I avoided major temptations!!!!! A company we do business with brought pizza for us- and I didn't have ANY!!!!! And I *love* pizza. But I told myself I didn't want to use my points for that right now- I hadn't planned on it. AND...I avoided the mother load. It was a staff member's birthday today, so they brought in CHEESECAKE to celebrate. And I didn't have any. YAY ME! If I had known these things were happening, I might've planned my points for it and had a little. But I didn't, so I avoided it. I'm so proud of myself. Yay me!

I hope everyone is having a good week-- it's almost Friday! YAY! I have to work on Saturday, but that's ok.

Take care, all! I love reading even if I don't comment much.
Closed Thread