Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 02:21 PM   #31  

Texaslady , we were posting at the same time!! Maybe you and I can motivate each other for the last 20-25 pounds- I'm kind of stuck at this -97 pound spot. Not that a 97 pound loss isn't great- it's just not where I ultimately want to be! I just found an awful before picture of myself- talk about an incentive!!
Carol
Old 06-06-2001, 04:42 PM   #32  

Carol - I am so sorry to hear that the dr. couldn't take care of business today! Just one more obstacle thrown in your path! And, of course, I am sure you aren't thrilled about the surgery - or the wait!!! You have had so much on your plate right now (no pun intended!), I can certainly understand how your motivation to stay OP has fluctuated. Unfortunately, I don't really have any excuse!! We have both done so well with our losses! We know we can finish this journey!!! Let's try real hard to get started again and put one foot in front of another til we are done!

Can't stay. Just checking on you. Sorry you couldn't get it over with just yet. Still sending prayers your way.
Old 06-06-2001, 08:34 PM   #33  

Hi all...

Well, I had weigh in today and I lost 3 pounds - SWEET!!!! ...... I have to admit I was evil last night too I went to California Kitchen and I ate the worst things - pizza and cheesecake......

Rymsh ... That is amazing 97 pounds if I ever could get there!!! How long did it take you?? I'm sure you'll lose the last 20 pounds no problem....

I think coming on here helps me to be more disciplined w/weight watchers... Hopefully I can stay motivated and be like you rymsh...

I'll chat more later.... Need to run some errands....

Merri
236/209/130
Old 06-06-2001, 11:28 PM   #34  

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am happy to be a part of such a nice group of ladies.

Carol - God has blessed me with two wonderful sons. The one getting married next year is 22 and the other is 20. I teach 5th grade special education. I love what I do but I am soooooooo glad school is out! Teaching is a very stressful job. Sorry to hear about your health problems. I'll keep you in my prayers. A couple of years ago my sister went through a biopsy and the doctor was "sure" that it was malignant. She went into surgery thinking she would wake up with one less breast. When she woke up the doctor told her it was benign and all he took out was the lump. Keep the faith!

Texaslady - My son and his fiance live in Clear Lake (not too far from you but on the southeast side of Houston). I called them yesterday when I heard about the tropical storm. They said they had a hard time getting around with the flooded streets. We had some flooding here too in the New Orleans area. Only 25 lbs. to lose? Sounds like with all that work you need to do before the wedding you should lose that and more!

Janet - Where in Mississippi do you live? Also, who in the group lives in New Orleans. I live in St. Tammany Parish just north of the Lake from New Orleans.

I just got finished cooking 300 shrimp and crab patties and a quart of hollandaise sauce (nothing but PURE fat!) My husband's company is participating in a food fest in New Orleans tomorrow and I was "volunteered" to cook and serve. I ate a couple of the patties with a small spoon of sauce (and counted the points ). Now the trick will be to get through tomorrow without eating everything in sight. I am bringing a salad and fruit and plan to eat only what I bring. Hope I make it through!

Beth
Old 06-07-2001, 01:27 AM   #35  
Inchworm

Well, I suppose I should start #65, but Jan and Carol do that so well...I'll let one of them..
I got home this afternoon... had a great visit with Mother, she loves her motorized scooter, and handles it quite well.
She told me this morning that she know that she is in the right place for her....I am so glad that she reached that conclusion!
It is a really nice facility, and she gets lots of attention and good care!
My sis is doing really good too!
But now home and into the graduation frenzy!!

{{{{{Carol,}}}}} I'm so sorry that you have to have surgery, and go thru all the anticipation!!! You continue to be in my prayers! I hope the back is feeling better.

Jan, I have never been sorry that I had the surgery that you will have! It's been about 15 yrs ago. Keep us posted.
You should be feeling great by the time we get to New Orleans!

Welcome Beth!

gotta go!

Joyce
Old 06-07-2001, 03:53 AM   #36  

I'll start another thread- come on over to #65 everyone!
Carol
Closed Thread